What are you training for?

Options

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    been working on my schedule for next year, I am pretty excited to tackle some stuff I have wanted to do for a while!

3/2019 - Rock-N-Roll DC
    4/2019 - American Odyssey Relay
    Maryland King Crab Challenge:
    5/2019 - Frederick running festival half
    6/2019 - Baltimore 10 miler
    10/2019 - Baltimore running festival half

Now that Ragnar PA has been canceled we're considering our next race. We were looking at American Odyssey. Have you run it before? If so, what did you think?

This will be my first time, so I don't have any personal feedback. Of the two teams my local running club has going there are several returners, one lady has done it 6 times apparently. They all say its a really good time and I figure they ain't lying if they keep going back!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I am training for a half marathon in February 2019.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for RED January - running at least 1 mile every day.

Looking forward to a different challenge!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

A few years ago I did a RW Holiday Streak, where we ran at least one mile every day between Halloween and New Years. I managed all but Christmas Day. January would be easier, since there are fewer distractions, but weather could be more of an obstacle.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

A few years ago I did a RW Holiday Streak, where we ran at least one mile every day between Halloween and New Years. I managed all but Christmas Day. January would be easier, since there are fewer distractions, but weather could be more of an obstacle.

True. I'm in the UK so we don't often have weather that is so bad I couldn't run at all - I just tend to avoid ice.

We did have ridiculous snow this year though so who knows!
  • kenleyojones
    kenleyojones Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Blue Gray Half Marathon in April, 2019 training for sub 2 hour.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    The Boston training cycle has started again.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first half-marathon on September 14 2019!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Blue Gray Half Marathon in April, 2019 training for sub 2 hour.

Hi neighbor. Gettysburg was my first marathon. I've run the half 3 times, when it was in the fall. If I recover from my March marathon, I may join you there.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    The Boston training cycle has started again.

Ditto. Hoping to run it uninjured this time, so efficient training is my goal!
  • rrcoffey
    rrcoffey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've been out of commission for since August, tending to/rehabbing Achilles tendonosis (both) that started (and was subsequently ignored) when I was training for my first marathon in 2017.

I ran my first mile yesterday - LOL! Not yet registered for anything, but hoping to be half-marathon ready for the fall (several good race options around New England then).
  • millerdan1
    millerdan1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Tar Heel 10 Miler, Chapel Hill, NC - April
    Race 13.1, Raleigh, NC - June
    Rock n Roll Half, VA Beach - September
    Marine Corps Marathon- October

That’s my plan as long as I get into the MCM, if not I’ll find another half that is 4 weeks before a fall Marathon.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Superior on 9/7-9/8
  • Run_for_my_life
    Run_for_my_life Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Biffledinked 10x5k on April 27 and Frederick Nut Job May 4 & 5. There will be more races throughout the year but these are the 2 "biggies"
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    Biffledinked 10x5k on April 27 and Frederick Nut Job May 4 & 5. There will be more races throughout the year but these are the 2 "biggies"

Those look cool. the 10x5k looks like a great day of running.
  • Run_for_my_life
    Run_for_my_life Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Looks like a party to me. There is another race just like it in March. I want to do one of those solo next year. This year I am a team mate, still not sure of how we are splitting it.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

Looks like a party to me. There is another race just like it in March. I want to do one of those solo next year. This year I am a team mate, still not sure of how we are splitting it.

yeah. It looks like a day long party with some running in the middle. doing it as part of a team will be fun and really make it an easier day.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    Looks like everyone has some awesome races in their schedules. Here's to an amazing season for everyone!

Might as well lay out my whole season, since Training for each race is training for the others:

April: Zumbro 50
    May: Superior 50k
    June: Grandma's marathon (maybe snag a PR?)
    July: Voyageur 50
    September: Superior 100
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I liked my first half marathon so much I decided to become a marathon runner. Lol. My first marathon will be Toronto, on May 5th. I've already signed up for my second as well, on September 1st in Greenfield, MA (that one is closer, within driving distance of my home, and capped at 450 people) with the goal of using the almost 4 months between them to rectify training/racing errors and improve time. I also did that because there are a couple local races (a 10k and a 5 mile) that I traditionally race in June and August respectively. I've been training, but chafing at the bit today because it is my normal long run day, but there was an icy blizzard. I don't mind running in the cold, but getting hit by a plow isn't on my goal list, so I'm hopefully running tomorrow if the roads aren't solid ice. I ran about 5 miles on the treadmill, and will probably do the same tomorrow if I can't get out and run on the roads.