Bachataera wrote: »
    Training for my first 5k.

AWESOME!!!

Good luck.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    ^^I should say I'm going to Erie but will not be racing. I 'may' run it (or maybe half of it) depending on how it goes the next 14 days.

So I decided to give Erie a shot. I managed a good speed workout Wednesday, 15 miles on Saturday, and a short run this morning all without significant pain or issues. I hope the training I did in June and July is enough to get me through 26.2 miles and I don't end up injuring something else. But no one ever said that runners were the smart. :D

I've already pulled out of Steamtown and I'll decide if I want to take a BQ shot in either Harrisburg or Philly in November after I see if I survive Erie.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    james5940 wrote: »
    I'm new to the group and I just recently running. I started training to be able to run a half marathon in a couple of months. I figured that was a good goal to set for myself.

Welcome! A half is a great place to start! Do you have one picked out as a first half?
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Now that I've finished my 5k this morning (those suck! I hate running that hard!) I'm training for the Loopet Loppet 12 hour trail race in Minneapolis next month. I ran this last year and finished with 42 miles. My goal this year is 50. I also ruptured a foot tendon in that race which required surgery and 3 months without running. My goal this year is for that not to happen again.
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Officially started training today for the Rosaryville Veteran's Day 50K! This will be my first ultra; I'm very excited but also a bit apprehensive haha :p
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Now that I've finished my 5k this morning (those suck! I hate running that hard!) I'm training for the Loopet Loppet 12 hour trail race in Minneapolis next month. I ran this last year and finished with 42 miles. My goal this year is 50. I also ruptured a foot tendon in that race which required surgery and 3 months without running. My goal this year is for that not to happen again.

Oops! I forgot a race. This weekend is the Surly Trail Loppet and I'm running the half marathon. This will be my third year in a row and I'm in better shape than the first two times so hopefully I'll get a race PR. The race is on urban trails (mix of paved and dirt) in Minneapolis.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options

Oops! I forgot a race. This weekend is the Surly Trail Loppet and I'm running the half marathon. This will be my third year in a row and I'm in better shape than the first two times so hopefully I'll get a race PR. The race is on urban trails (mix of paved and dirt) in Minneapolis.

Wow that year went fast, seems like a few weeks ago!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    since it's going to be so tough, technically I'm starting training for my race on 8/7/2020
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    since it's going to be so tough, technically I'm starting training for my race on 8/7/2020

You realize you are crazy, right?!

Best of luck, though!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

You realize you are crazy, right?!

Best of luck, though!

insanity is my friend running the triple crown... I'm jealous.
  • Jim_Kintsugi
    Jim_Kintsugi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group and I just recently running. I started training to be able to run a half marathon in a couple of months. I figured that was a good goal to set for myself.

Welcome! A half is a great place to start! Do you have one picked out as a first half?

There's not very many races where I live, so I think it's just going to be a personal half. I made it up to 16.7 km on my long run this weekend, so I should be on schedule to make it to the 21 km mark by November.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options

There's not very many races where I live, so I think it's just going to be a personal half. I made it up to 16.7 km on my long run this weekend, so I should be on schedule to make it to the 21 km mark by November.

Great progress. I'm certain you'll be there in October! Now to pick a destination race you can go to in the sprint and enjoy the atmosphere of an organised event. I promise you'll love it.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do my third marathon in the spring. Have entered the draw for London, but if that fails, then the Shakespeare marathon at Stratford Upon Avon is the same day and only 20 mins from home.

Did my first triathlon this year (Ironman 70.3) and will definitely do it again next year in June. I found that it helped my running, despite running a lot less, so winter will probably be spent trying to raise my FTP so I can get a PB in both.

It's good to have something to look forward to :smile:
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    SteveTries wrote: »
    I'd like to do my third marathon in the spring. Have entered the draw for London, but if that fails, then the Shakespeare marathon at Stratford Upon Avon is the same day and only 20 mins from home.

Did my first triathlon this year (Ironman 70.3) and will definitely do it again next year in June. I found that it helped my running, despite running a lot less, so winter will probably be spent trying to raise my FTP so I can get a PB in both.

It's good to have something to look forward to :smile:

sounds like a great plan to me!
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I only took uo running two years ago after beibg hopelessly un-sporty all my life. I've just finished the royal parks series (x 3 10k runs) and am signed up for the Olympic park 10k in December. Interested in any good shouts for races in and around Hertfordshire.