What are you training for?

Options

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have my 2nd marathon coming up on september 1st. And then a 3rd marathin end of October.

Excellent! I am running Tupelo on 9/1 and Chicago 10/13. I just moved to TN and looking for more races in this region.

I am also training for Chicago! Hope your training is going well!
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    FITone half Marathon in September and Zeitgeist elevation trail half in November.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Goy Voyageur next Saturday, and Superior in the beginning of September.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Anyone running Erie Marathon?

Not sure if I posted this already but I'm in the middle of training for Erie on September 8th and then running Steamtown on October 13th.

Mid-summer training sucks! B)
  • AmyBarkerFitness
    AmyBarkerFitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I just joined today! I am training for the Quad Cities marathon in September and the Des Moines Marathon 4 weeks later in October.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Hello I just joined today! I am training for the Quad Cities marathon in September and the Des Moines Marathon 4 weeks later in October.

@AmyBarkerFitness Welcome!

I assume you are from IA? Last month, I moved to TN, but I lived in various parts of Iowa for many years. The only race I did in DSM was the Dam2Dam in the last year before it was put under new management.

I lived in SW Iowa most recently (Clarinda) and ran the Wabash Trace, once with the half marathon and again for the full marathon. Then I tried to tick off more states for marathons, so I ended up with marathons (and a 50K) in AR, KS, and MO in Apr., SD and MN in May, and CO in June before moving. In prior years, I had run NE, IA, and OK to get some midwest states in.

Now that I have moved to TN and I plan to be here for a year (for work), I have plans for:
    MS and OH in Sept.
    IL in Oct. (was signed up before moving)
    WV, IN, and KY in Nov.
    TN, AL, and TX in Dec.
    LA in Jan.
    FL in Feb.
    VA in Apr.
    *I am still looking for marathons or 50K's in GA, NC, and SC to add to my calendar in the next 9-11 months.

Anyway, welcome to the group!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    TID - Myrtle Beach SC has a good marathon and half-marathon in March. Flat.
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Oh, I hope Quad Cities is fun! I have a bunch of friends who are running it, because I’m part of the 50 States Half Marathon club and our meet up is in Quad Cities this year!
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    After being inconsistent and losing a lot of fitness during the winter and spring (and gaining back some weight I'd lost), I'm doing two half marathons in September: Revel Big Cottonwood in SLC and Huntsville (Utah). I will find another fun event in October to keep me going!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I have my 2nd marathon coming up on september 1st. And then a 3rd marathin end of October.

Excellent! I am running Tupelo on 9/1 and Chicago 10/13. I just moved to TN and looking for more races in this region.

maybe i'll manage to get over my strong dislike of Chicago and come cheer you all on
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »

maybe i'll manage to get over my strong dislike of Chicago and come cheer you all on

Do it!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    The Atlantic City Marathon in October 2020. 15 months should be plenty of time. ;-) I ran a half marathon in September 2017, kept in pretty good shape, but not running a lot. Plan on starting with a c2 5K program, graduating to a 10K program and up to a Marathon program by May of next year. Nothing wrong with running your first Marathon at 65 is there? That's my plan and I hope I can stick to it.
  • dewd2
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Anyone running Erie Marathon?

Not sure if I posted this already but I'm in the middle of training for Erie on September 8th and then running Steamtown on October 13th.

Mid-summer training sucks! B)

A little setback for me this week as I pulled 'something' in my lower ab/groin area. Going to get it checked on Friday. Looks like Steamtown may be my shot at chasing Boston instead of Erie.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Full on training for Superior, just 34 days until I toe the line!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Full on training for Superior, just 34 days until I toe the line!

that looks like a fun and challenging race
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of running Richmond Marathon in November. I've started a 14 week plan (Pfitz's 12 week plan modified) and I'll see how it goes. I don't need to register for another month, so I have time to see how I handle summer training. I've never done a fall marathon because I don't handle heat at all well and I have limited tolerance for running every day on the TM.

Dewd - how is the groin injury?
  • dewd2
    Options

Dewd - how is the groin injury?

I'm back to running but not back to marathon training. My miles before the injury were 50 per week. Last week I managed 14 (which is better than the 0's the previous 2 weeks :D ).

I'm going to Erie because we have more plans than just a race (several birthdays to celebrate). I've already backed out of Steamtown since I don't feel like I could give it a good effort. My new goal is Philadelphia in late November. If my training gets back on track I will sign up.

Good luck in Richmond.
  • dewd2
    Options
    ^^I should say I'm going to Erie but will not be racing. I 'may' run it (or maybe half of it) depending on how it goes the next 14 days.
  • kkramey1970
    kkramey1970 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Soldier Half Marathon in November here in Columbus, GA