February - Leaping through those workouts!

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    Sumiblue- Congratulations on the 100 pound bench!

Deena_Bean- Your OHP is very impressive!

Stronglifts Rest Day

Goblet squats-3X7X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X 10 X 30

I was able to do all 22 kettle bell swing sets at 10 reps today. Yay! That means that the next time I do this I will transitioning to the 35 pound kettle bell five sets at a time.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Sumiblue- Congratulations on the 100 pound bench!

Deena_Bean- Your OHP is very impressive!

Thanks! They were super hard - the 5th one was consistently a struggle to get up, but I managed it. This is a PR for me - I really have serious doubts that I can handle much heavier! :o
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wow, some serious weights being lifted and swung. Super strong ladies!!

I did my 2 mile run this morning before work which I really enjoyed.

After work I nipped to the gym and did kettlebells:

5x5 goblet squats @ 12kg
    16x10 kb swings @ 12kg plus one set at 16kg just to see what it was like!

All good in my world. :smiley:
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great work ladies! Impressive benches and OHPs.

This morning kettlebells:
    Goblet squat 5x5 at 16kg
    KB Swings 19x10 at 16kg

Basketball semi-final tonight!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    bench 75 and rows 70. squats bleh.
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    After a disastrous lifting session on Monday only got to set 4 of incline press when I got a migraine, so went in early tonight.
    Bench 2x5 35, 3x5 37.5, 3x2 38.5, 2x2 40kg going to be using fractional plates to make my increases
    Front squat 1x5 20, 2x5 37.5 5x5 40, 1x5 45kg
    Db bench 1x10 12, 3x8 14, 1x5 16 benching 16 wasn't hard but getting them up was a struggle
    Incline bench 3x8 12kg
    Hammer curls 3x10 12kg
    Seated row 5x5 40+
    Lat pulldown 3x8 40kg
    Triceps pulldown 3x15 15kg

I think my body is trying to tell me that I need to put less pressure on myself. Migraine 3 days in a row. So going to back off increasing weights to much. May also need to add a few more carbs or fat into diet too.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    This morning was terrible. Not sure if it's lack of sleep previous nights, germs in the office, and empty stomach or a combo of all, but I was so fatigued and weak this morning.
    SL5X5 - B
    Day 10

Squats: 90lb 5x5
    OHP: 50lb 5/3/4/2/3 It was such a struggle, I waited 3 min between sets to see if it would help. Just all over fails.
    DL: 115lb 1x3 Since I felt so fatigued I deloaded and still couldn't complete a full set of 5. Bad day.

After getting good food in me today, I may give deadlifts another go tonight. On Friday I am going to try working out in the evening after a full day of food. If evenings don't work for me I will just have to get up earlier in the morning and eat something before I work out.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout

Squat-1X5X 95/105/115, 5X5X 125
    Sumo squats-5X5X 110
    0HP-1X5X 45/50/55, 5X5X 60
    BP-1X5X 65/70, 5X5X 75
    BR-5X5X 85
    DL-1X5X 150

My insomnia was horrible last night I went to bed at 10:15 and did not fall asleep until 5:15 this morning. So did not actually get out of bed until 10:15. My workout out went well today. It was 0HP and DL today and I did a deload only on the BP of 5 pounds. Now it is time to do the 6X10 push up challenge. How is everybody doing on this?
  • ninenines
    Options
    @fanncy0626 that sucks about the insomnia, but glad to hear the workout went well regardless.

@Jackie0Marie sorry to hear about your sucky workout. Sounds like a good idea to try later in the day and if working out in a fed state is better.

This morning:
    Alternating KB Press: 3x6,5,4,3 at 6kg.
    Band Assisted Pull Up: 3x6,5,4,3 with three bands.
    This was quite challenging this morning. Probably a bit tired still from basketball last night as it was the first time I'd played in several weeks, think I'm due for a bit of a rest.
    Netball training tonight.

I'm also heading to a chiropractor today, hopeful for some help with my back issues.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Thanks @ninenines, I just actually finished doing just that. :)

After work and a day of good eating, I tried my session again. I did well on my squats this morning, so I just did some warm up squats @ 45lb.

OHP: 3x5 50lb 2x4 50lb (better, but still failing at the last sets. OHP is my worst.)
    DL: 1x3 90lb, 1x3 115lb, 1x5 120lb

• Deena_Bean
    Options
    Yesterday was treadmill day - completed 1 mile at 6mph. I can do a couple miles at 5.2mph, but I'm working on upping the speed. I'm patient, so no rush.

Today, SL:
    Squats: 2x5x45, 1x5x95, 1x3x115, 5x5x135 (very tough morning - I'll de-load Saturday and work back up to this, my form is shoddy)
    Bench: 2x5x45, 5x5x85
    Rows: 5x5x85
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Goblet squats-3X7X 30
    Russian Kettlebell Swings- 5X9X 35, 17 X 10 X 30

I had a little issue with the second set of 35 pound kettle bell swings. I felt a pull in my muscles of my back shoulder blade area. I still continued on and after my workout I took a couple of ibuprofen. I have started the 7X 10 push up challenge today. I think they may help to stretch out the area that I pulled so I am going to do them throughout the day. How is everyone else doing?
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2016
    Options
    A friend on here mentioned the 10,000 kettle bell swing challenge. I decided to do it for the month of March which is 31 days. I am going to start out with my 25 pound kettle bell because I will have to increase the swings to15 swings per set. If you want to join me I usually do three sets of goblet squats as a warm-up then I will do 22 sets of 15 swings for 30 days. On the 31st day there is only 100 swings left so you can either go all out and continue as you have or have a semi rest day of 10 sets of 10 swings. During this time I will also be transitioning into my 30 pound and 35 pound kettle bell. If this doesn't melt the fat off I don't know what will!

Since I am doing a cut at this time I think that it will not interfere with my strong lift routine. So I will continue them as normal. I will do that routine first and follow up with the kettle bell swing possibly right after or later in the day.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Tad behind as things have been busy. Sunday I worked 10 hours instead of 8, then due to a call-in, I worked just under 3 hours Monday morning, which was supposed to be my day off. Follow that by Tuesday close cashier at 8 hours but not taking a lunch, just a few smaller on the clock breaks and yesterday did another 10 hour but cashier instead of my usual department.

Still did my lifting but think I won't do squats after work on 10 hour days. Weights felt heavier last night than usual and hip was a bit cranky. The day before I did the lifting before work and cardio for 30 minutes after work. Was going to request the gym get an item but the guy during day was busy on the phone most of the time so didn't get a chance to ask about getting a pad for the barbell. Hip thrusts are gonna hurt Sunday, but oh well. Next time I get in a day lift I will make the request. The only downside to not lifting at night after work is that there are a few people around. Still, near the end in particular, will want to get done before spending 8 hours or so on my feet.

First up is Tuesday, with upper body and OHP focus.

Chapter 2: OHP

band pulls for warm-up, 3x10

OHP 2x8 @ 45, 1x6 @ 55, 4x5 @ 65 - Figured out the numbers to work on so it's following more along what I have set for bench and such. Just doing similar weights but few more sets than the reverse grip that was recommended for auxillary bench day.

Pull-ups 3x1 where first one I got chin above bar, Chin-ups 1x2
    Seated row 3x10 @ 80

tricep pushdown with rope 3x12 @ 70
    ab chair thing bw 3x8
    pallof press 30 3x10 on each side

30 minute run on treadmill after work while watching Food Network.

Chapter 2: Squats

squat warm ups 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x6 @ 115

Squats 2x6 @ 140, 2x5 @ 150

Overload (walk out) 1x15 count @ 210 - weight goes up from now on for these

Pause Squats 1x6 @ 90 and 1x5 @ 100 - still counting roughly to 8 though trying to figure out breathing too

good morning 3x12 @ 85
    cable rope crunch attempts 3x12 @ 50

Sumo deadlift 135 1x5 and 175 3x5

Scale has been a nuisance but coworker commented that my waist has gotten smaller lately. Measurement change in last month was only .5 inch but that was from waist, as no where else had a change. She thinks more is gone. Couple of customers commented on me getting smaller too. The scale is going back in the right direction, just slowly. Not really trying to lose for the meet, though 132 group would be better than 148, but I'm still working on getting down closer to a healthier weight for my height. Scale this morning had just below 135, as it'd gone up after reaching 134 and then hovered around 136 for a bit. If I can keep from snacking too much, things should continue in the right direction. Must limit the number of Lenny Larry cookies I keep in the apartment.
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    PHUL day 3, upper hyper trophy. I got a bit jumpy about this in advance, just because I'm so used to going to the gym and knowing exactly what I'm going to do - this was all new, would the benches be free etc? Which is ridiculous given I'm normally stressed about getting a rack, and the benches are pretty much always free...

So. I think I'm going to hurt tomorrow and and Saturday!

Incline barbell bench press: well, good start, I had to use dumbbells! But still: 3x8 @ 12kg
    Fly: 3x8 @ 6kg
    Cable Row: 3x8 @ 21.25 (.75? Can't remember) kg
    Dumbbell row: 3x7 @ 18kg
    Dumbbell lateral raise: 3x8 @ 5kg - man, these are hard
    Seated incline dumbbell curl: 3x8 @ 8kg
    Cable tricep extension: 3x8 @ 6ish ... I was all over the shop on these, unable to really remember what I was meant to be doing! Off to watch videos...
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Lifting this afternoon much better session :)
    DL 1x5 50,2x5 60,70kg felt much better
    Front squat 2x5 37.5, 2x5 40, 3x5 45kg
    Oh press 1x5 20, 3x5 25kg cheated and did these in rack so I didn't have to clean bar into position hard work but felt good
    Leg press 2x10 70, 1x10 80 2x5 80, 2x3 90kg math bit off to begin with thought I'd set up for 60kg
    Went in with idea to deload - volume not as intense as usual but good.
    Next few weeks going to be disjointed as I become busier with school musical. Change of lifting from bar to set that's if I can get director and tech producer to agree on designs.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Loads of stuff going on! Always good to read - very motivating :smiley:

So, Weds I did my 2 mile run in the morning. Starting to get into the routine of getting up a bit earlier and getting the miles done and out of the way. Was planning on going to the gym after work, but got roped into helping a friend out with a charity event they were doing, and by the time I was finished there, it was too late to get to the gym. Was a bit disappointed with myself.

Yesterday I did my run in the morning, then went to the gym in the evening. The session was disjointed because the squat rack was not free when I needed it, so I just put some other stuff together, meaning by the time I got to the squat rack, my legs had already had enough one way or another.

goblet squats 5x5 @20kg dumbbell
    SQ 4/5/5/5/5 @60kg - was disappointed until I reminded myself that a few weeks ago I would have been overjoyed with this weight!
    OHP 5x5 @25kg
    DL 1x5 @70kg
    close grip bench press - 8/8/6 @35kg - had to do the roll of shame on the last set.
    rows - 5x5@35kg

then did kettlebell swings - 19x10 @16kgs

Slept really well last night - and got up and did my 2 mile run before 6am this morning!

All in all, I know my lifting is stalling a bit because of the extra work involved in the daily run, but I won't be running every day for ever, just for the 100 day challenge, so provided I can maintain good form and consistency I will not worry about increasing the weight for the time being and can then have another push at that after the 100 days.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Goblet Squats- 3X7X 30
    Kennel bell swing-22X 10 X 30

Spent the night at a hotel so I brought my Kettlebell along instead of my squat rack and weights! LOL now to begin 8X 10 push-up challenge. I will be doing them throughout the day.
  • Deena_Bean
    Options
    SL Rest day

Ran 2.5 miles at 5.2mph and walked about .65 miles for a total of 3.15 mi. My knee was bitchy this morning so I had to stop after 1.5 miles and walk .25, then run the other mile. No big deal I guess, but it's frustrating sometimes.
  • ninenines
    Options
    Rest day yesterday, it's been a while.

This morning KB workout, which was unusually hard. I didn't sleep well (six 9 and 10 year old girls sleeping over!) and didn't have my usual morning coffee.
    Goblet squats 5x5 at 16kg
    KB Swings 22x10 at 16kg

Birthday party fun today as well so it's going to be another big food day I expect.