February - Leaping through those workouts!

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    ninenines wrote: »
    Rest day yesterday, it's been a while.

This morning KB workout, which was unusually hard. I didn't sleep well (six 9 and 10 year old girls sleeping over!) and didn't have my usual morning coffee.
    Goblet squats 5x5 at 16kg
    KB Swings 22x10 at 16kg

Birthday party fun today as well so it's going to be another big food day I expect.

Awesome workout! I love birthday parties have a great time!
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had a light week. Went to the chiro mon and wed again. Should and knee is so much better, but still really sore. The dr told me to do some more elliptical/swimming to help with the joint issues. See how that goes.
    I dropped the weights down and focusing on form.

Today
    Squat: 5x5@140pds (banged these out, watching form and the knee only hurt at the end )
    Bp: 5x5@70pds
    Barbell row: 5x5@90pds

Felt really good...but sore now in the shoulder and knee.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    SL day....

SQ 5X5 @ 60kgs much better this time so back to increasing weight next time.
    BP 5X5 @ 40kgs
    BR 5X5 @ 42.5kgs

Then my 2 mile run....2 mins quicker than the same route last Saturday so am happy with that.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I have to travel 3 hours to grandsons basketball tournament so, I did Kettlebell swings today.

GobletSquats- 3x7x30
    Kettlebell Swings- 22x10x30

Push-ups-9x10

Nice to have some type of exercise done! I have a free day today so I will be eating donuts and Chinese!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    had trainer day yesterday with 55 ohp and deadlifts a little chaotic.

was SUPPOSED to do 150. went (mentally) glurk. heaviest deadlift i'll ever have done.
    mr t loads my starter bar for me while i'm in bathroom.
    did 15 dimels with it before realised this was my deadlifting bar.
    did warmup sets. 5x75, 5x95, 3x115, 2x135, and the bar was flying up faster with each jump up.
    added my own work weight plates, tried the first one. comes an inch off the ground.
    stand up, reset, try it again. inch and a half.
    mr t looks all puzzled, maybe slightly concerned.
    third try. bail it at maybe 3 inches or so.
    sigh, stretch, pep-talk myself, try it again; half an inch.

i'd gone up to 160 instead of 150, of course. after all that 150 did not go well either. it came up but it was like the first-ever deadlifts i tried to do where i was just hauling it up my legs with my back all bowed. so i went to 135 after a couple, but really i was kind of deaded out. thing is though, i never would have thunk i could get 160 pounds off the ground at all.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    had trainer day yesterday with 55 ohp and deadlifts a little chaotic.

was SUPPOSED to do 150. went (mentally) glurk. heaviest deadlift i'll ever have done.
    mr t loads my starter bar for me while i'm in bathroom.
    did 15 dimels with it before realised this was my deadlifting bar.
    did warmup sets. 5x75, 5x95, 3x115, 2x135, and the bar was flying up faster with each jump up.
    added my own work weight plates, tried the first one. comes an inch off the ground.
    stand up, reset, try it again. inch and a half.
    mr t looks all puzzled, maybe slightly concerned.
    third try. bail it at maybe 3 inches or so.
    sigh, stretch, pep-talk myself, try it again; half an inch.

i'd gone up to 160 instead of 150, of course. after all that 150 did not go well either. it came up but it was like the first-ever deadlifts i tried to do where i was just hauling it up my legs with my back all bowed. so i went to 135 after a couple, but really i was kind of deaded out. thing is though, i never would have thunk i could get 160 pounds off the ground at all.

It's SO mental/psychological, isn't it? I found out recently that a bar at my gym that I have used occasionally to deadlift actually weighs 55 pounds, not 45, so unbeknownst to me, I've lifted 10 pounds more than I thought I was lifting on at least two occasions. Didn't notice a thing. (Autocorrect keeps changing "deadlift" to "deadliest"!)
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    @fanncy0626 great work on the push-ups. I am so ordinary at them, I just never feel like I'm getting anywhere with them, but I think I probably just need to do a higher volume to get better at them.

Birthday party was great but I ate so much it was ridiculous. Hit the power cage this morning to hopefully make some good use of the extra calories.

SQ: 5x5 at 37.5kg
    OHP: 5,5,4,4,4 at 24kg. I knew I was getting close to my max on these, hopefully I can get through in the next workout or two. I'm pretty happy though, I had to deload at 22.5kg last time and work back up, so an extra 1.5kg isn't too bad.
    DL: 1x5 at 65kg

Finishing off with some kettlebells.
    Alternating press: 1x 6,5,4,3 at 6kg
    Band assisted pull-ups: 1x 6,5,4,3 using three bands
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Another long day but this time I lifted before work instead of after. Busy day at work and also am talented cause I managed to scrape my scalp with a heavy tote full of candy, which bled a tiny bit. Still looks oww hours later. Fine otherwise. I also forgot my notebook so had to use my phone to keep track of everything at the gym.

Chapter 2 - Bench

elliptical warm up for 10 minutes

Bench 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 75, 2x6 @ 90 and 2x5 @ 95

pull up 2x1.5 and 1x1-ish, chin up 1x2.5 - slow progress
    db bench press 3x10 @ 30

db fly 3x10 @ 25
    one db row 3x9 @ 40

cable bicep curl 3x10 @ 55
    face pull 3x9 @ 60

pallof press 3x10 @ 35
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It's much harder to write up my workouts now that they're not just squat-something-something!

I can't remember all my weights I used right now, but my main thoughts are:

Front squat - these just don't work! I did 3x8 at 25kg, but seriously, I need to watch some form videos as they just don't feel right to me

And barbell lunge - again, I feel wrong and vulnerable. I need to get on top of this.

I enjoyed all the other stuff, the extensions, curls, calf stuff, just because it's new.

• Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Feeling very yucky today, fighting off a cold. Still went to the gym.

Squat: 145pds 5x5
    OHP: 60pds 5x5
    DL: 150pds 5x5

Jumped on the elliptical for 10mins. Damn I really dont like it...
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Last night's session
    Bench 3x5 35, 2x5 37.5, 2x2 40kg
    Db bench 5x8 14kg
    Incline bench 5x8 12kg
    Oh press 5x5 20kg
    Seated row 5x5 40+kg
    Lat pulldown 5x5 40kg
    Negatives 4

Today rest day have rehearsal practice. Director has decided on a steam punk wizard of Oz twist for musical and I've gone from stage manager to set designer now. Kids were meant to be doing it. Only 10 weeks now till opening night .....
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Today was my rest day. I don't usually take one but I felt I needed one to get ready for my next big challenge.

10x10 push-up challenge done! Yeah! Everyone that participated thank you! It is so nice to be on this journey to health and fitness with you!

I am gearing up for my next challenge of 10,000 kettle bell swings. I will start that on Tuesday, March 1 through the 31st. 323 swings per day. I will be starting with my 25 pound kettle bell. If you are planning on joining me take before pictures and measurements.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    really just went in to bench. so i did that. 75lb for three sets was plenty, because i felt i was improving my form.

and then i did 70lb rows, and the rest of the time mostly just spent on rdls, dimel deadlifts and then several sets of straight up deadlifting form with extremely light weights. aiming for hamstring hell, basically.

and there were some goblet squats with a small kettlebell. not even trying the bar thanks to shoulder issues. rib and tspine are trying to go wrong again and i don't want to help them.
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    ran my 2 miles yesterday - quickest so far, so am happy with that. A further 2 miles before work this morning has been done - I would never have thought I would be the sort of person to be up and running (literally) at 5.45am on a Monday morning!

Gym after work this evening....

Make the most of your extra day - it only comes around once every four years, after all!!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Another work day and lifting. Definitely looking forward to reaching my days off but still getting in gym time. One shift left then it's 2 days off, both of which are gym days so I'll be able to do whatever time fits among the writing and other tasks I need to do, plus mmm sleep. But tomorrow, 29th and such, will be another day of work.

Chapter 2: Deadlifts

low bar squat 2x10 @ 45, 1x6 @ 95, 1x6 @ 115, 3x5 @ 140

Deadlift 1x5 @ 135, 1x5 @ 155, 2x6 @ 170 and 2x5 @ 180

leg press 3x8 @ 225
    attempted to do calves a little after each set

cable kick back 3x 8 @ 40
    pallof press 3x10 @ 30

Now to work on a newsletter then get some sleep.
  • ninenines
    Options
    I was at a conference all day and then 3hr drive home, but after spending most of the day sitting I was keen to get something in.

Goblet Squats 5x5 at 16kg
    KB Swings 20x10, then 5x20 both at 16kg

I was getting a bit bored after 20 minutes of swings so decided to increase the last five sets to 20 swings. Well, definitely feeling it now and ready to make my way to bed.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout

Squat-1X5X 95/105/115, 5X5X 125
    Sumo squats-5X5X 110
    BP-1X5X 65/70/75, 5X5X 80
    BR-5X5X 85
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 50
    DL-1X5X 150

This may be my last day of full body workouts for the month of March. The reason is I start my 10,000 Kettlebell swing challenge tomorrow which will be done every day including Stronglifts Workout day. I am going to be very careful about not overtraining. Set yourself up for success not failure!
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Gym after work. Was fairly short on time so kept squats at lower weight site I could take less recovery time between sets.

SQ 5X5 @60KGS felt like I was going really really low with these!

Ohp 5X5 @ 30kgs not perfect but ok. The 25kg barbell was taken so I had to work harder here.

DL 1X5@72.5 kg

Plus bench press while waiting for the squat rack 4x5@40kgs

Seated rows 3x8 @33kg

Lat pull downs 3x8 @33kg

• ninenines
    Options
    @kimiuzzell 30kg OHP is impressive!

@fanncy0626 good luck with 10,000 swings! I'd love to join you but too many other commitments to take it on.

AM Workout:
    Alternating Press 3 x 6,4,2 at 6kg
    Band assisted pull-ups 3 x 6,4,2. Sets of 6 and 4 done with three bands, sets of 2 with two bands.

May do Stronglifts tonight if it's not too late when I get home.
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Back to day one of PHUL.

bench: 3x5 @ 30kg
    incline bench 3x5 @ 12kg dumbbells
    row: 3x5 @ 16kg dumbbells - there was no barbell free
    lat pull down - I did pull ups and chin ups, 4 'free' and then 3x10 with assist
    OHP: 3x3 @ 22.5 - no power for this today!
    barbell curl - again, no b/b, so 3x10 with 6kg d/bs
    skull crusher: 2x10 @ 19kg - yep, got a barbell for this!