Team 2

Options
lupie777
lupie777 Posts: 217 Member
This is so exciting the amazing race will begin soon. I have sent all of you messages and friend requests. It would be great though if everyone can take a minute to introduce themselves to the team. I'm Danae and I'm 41 mother of 2 teenagers and currently disabled nurse working on putting my lupus into remission through the Paleo diet and exercise. I just finished the Winter Blast challenge and it was a ton of fun. I expect this one to be just as awesome.

Every week we will log our exercise minutes on the spreadsheet. If you have a rest day just put in a zero for that day. I completely understand everyone is at different fitness levels. I would never want someone to push themselves to far to try to keep up with another. Just do what your body will allow. Trust me I have been in every avenue of illness, pain, meds, no exercise. I totally understand some people will have limits and that's OK!!!!!

If anyone needs help with the spreadsheets just let me know. I hope we can all support and positively encourage each other every week!!

One last thing I had asked for some ideas for team names so let's just toss them around here and vote!! I'm so glad to have each and every one of you on my team. Welcome aboard and lets do this!!!!!

Replies

• AdventureGirlCD
    AdventureGirlCD Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    here are some cool names Admit to be Fit
    Bubblicious
    Burning Lipids
    Divide and Conquer
    Fab and Fit
    Femme Fitale
    Fit er Done
    Fit Sweet and Awesome
    Fit4U
    Fitness Protection
    Four Fab Females
    Happy and Healthy
    Happy Feet
    House of Carbs
    In It to Thin It
    Ion the Prize
    Miles to Go Before We Sleep
    Moonshiners
    Moving Mamas
    One Calorie at a Time
    Red Hot Chilli Steppers
    Run for Life
    Sinkers and Swimmers
    Spring Chicks
    Spring Fling Jump
    Starving Marvins
    Sum R Fit
    T-Fat
    The Ab 4
    The Flab U Less
    The Germ Stompers
    The Gilded Four
    The Quad Squad
    The Young and the Rest of US
    Tread-Millers
    Vitameatavegamins
    Walkies Talkies
    Wellness Challenged
    What the Fit
  • lupie777
    Options
    Ok I forgot to mention 2 of our team mates names were misspelled they are: mpgundrum gebeziseva
  • lupie777
    Options
    @cindydonaldson62 dang girl! Now that's a list!! Thank you thank you thank you! Ok team lets vote!!!
  • LizFitIt34
    LizFitIt34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Happy Feet that's so cute :-)
  • lupie777
    Options
    Ok team I just got a suggestion that we should be superheroes. I love it because I used to say " I have lupus what's your super power?" Lol

Thoughts???
  • LizFitIt34
    Options
    Superheros sounds good to me✔
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello :smiley:

I'm Eva and I live in the UK, where I'm a student in physics. I'm 35, married and have a teenage son.
    Since I became a student again, 3 years ago, I gained around 35 lbs (15 kg). I hurt my back 6 months ago and have been living with sciatica and constant pain (sometimes very strong) ever since. One of the reasons I'm not recovering, as far as I understand, is my weight. So apart from aesthetic reasons I really need to lose this weight again if I want to be able to walk without popping painkillers in my mouth after every walk.
    I started my calorie tracking on 9th Feb this year and have lost about 5lbs so far with only walking daily and no other exercise.
    I've never been in a challenge (or group even) before and still making my way around here. :blush:

• Rossergirl
    Rossergirl Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I live in the NC. I will be turning 50 years young in 24 days! I have been married to my best friend for almost 31 years. I am determined to be the best me I can be and have decided 2016 is my year. I have never done a challenge like this before but I am super excited to participate. I need motivation and I think being part of a team will help with that! LET'S DO THIS TEAM 2! B)
  • mallaidhnme
    mallaidhnme Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I am in Louisiana--a busy teacher! Life tends to get in the way of exercise, but not this time. :)
  • LizFitIt34
    Options
    Hello!! I'm Liz and I live Michigan. I'm 34 years and I have been married for ten years. I have two beautiful boys ages 6 years and 7 months. I started at 284 6 months ago after having my second child and I'm down 59lbs. I love myself and I have so much confidence in myself regardless of my weight. I told myself that 2016 was my year and I was going to get in the best shape of my life. No excuses and no *kitten* I'm going to do this. I love that I get to share this journey with people who have the same goals and struggles as I do. I'm here to have a lot of fun, make new friends and kick some *kitten*!! We got this!! #2016
  • galassojl
    galassojl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jenny and I am 37 and have two boys 10 and 3. I'm from Pittsburgh and I just finished the winter blast challenge! I'm ready to move onto the next challenge! I like superheroes as a team name. Let's get it done team!!
  • lupie777
    Options
    If we were superheroes we could all pick our own name to represent us. What do you guys think. Heck we can make up our own superhero names lol
  • LizFitIt34
    Options
    I asked my 6 year old son for a superhero name and he said I should be She-Hulk lol
  • mallaidhnme
    mallaidhnme Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    LizFitIt34 wrote: »
    I asked my 6 year old son for a superhero name and he said I should be She-Hulk lol

I love it!
  • mpgundrum
    mpgundrum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Michelle. I'm 38 (soon to be 39) and live in Northern Kentucky with my partner and our two crazy dogs. I've gained a lot of weight due to depression and health issues. I'm trying to lose weight and get healthy before my 40th birthday next year. This is my first challenge and I'm excited to get started and share the journey with supportive people.

I like the team name Happy Feet.
  • lupie777
    Options
    @LizFitIt34 I love She-hulk to!!! It's so nice to meet all of you! I'm so excited for this challenge! We have such a great group here!!

• Rossergirl
    Rossergirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like the team name Happy Feet (I collect penguins and I LOVED the movie)!
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Superheroes sounds great to me!

I'm Jess; 30 years old, married mother to two girls 5 &7. I have never been involved in a MFP challenge before, but I am looking forward to this one!

I am currently in the healing process of a multitude of health issues, and at the point that I am able to lose weight. My body has a whole lot of healing to do and I have 40 pounds to lose, to be gone FOREVER!! It's time to lose all the weight, continue to get healthy and even healthier and ultimately to my optimal once I have lost all the weight and well into stabilization mode.

I have to keep everything low impact and watch my pace (burn out factor), but I will help with everything as a team member! Ilook forward to working with all of you!
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    What is with me and technology over the past 24 hrs?...hopefully no longer!

I added everyone at the top of the list, anyone from la368859 down, it won't let me add.

Please feel free to add me!

Thanks,

Jess
  • healthytia6
    healthytia6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am Tia.
    I am 33 yo. Live with my husband 4 shell babies and one fur baby (labrador ) in Michigan. This is my first challenge on MFP and excited about it.

After being diagnosed for t2 diabetes, 4 miscarriages (last one beilg in Oct 15) and 1 ectopic pregnancy (which sent me to ER with some serious health problems in August 15) I decided to get my health and specially my Diabetes under complete control. So I am all for getting into this challange..

I empathize with everyone here going through health issues and wish all of us good and happy health.

Thanks

Tia.