Team 2

Options

Replies

• cindalu1212
    cindalu1212 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. Excited for this race and to be a part of this team. My name is Lucinda and I am a part time children's minister. I am a 37 year old wife and mother of three girls ages 13,10, & 5. I started this weight loss journey in the middle of January and have lost almost 13 lbs. hoping this challenge and race will help keep me focused. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • lupie777
    lupie777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    So excited we have such a great group of people here! I will say many of us have had some sort of illness or injury. I think we can all use our own experiences to help each other each week. I'm sure collectively we can all offer some suggestions and guidance to get around things. Monday is the big day! Last thing left is our name. So please keep throwing out your votes and I'll keep track and see where we are on Sunday.
  • CeruleanCoffee
    CeruleanCoffee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Laura. I'm 31 and work at a college in western New York. My weight had been hovering around 175 but recently its been creeping up a bit and that's why I decided to join a challenge. I eat fairly well but I'm looking forward to the active part of this challenge. I hope the accountability will motivate me.

Oh, and I like the Happy Feet nomination. :)
  • healthytia6
    healthytia6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok people, I need to know who all are doing what arm challenge here? I believe there are couple of them mentioned here.
  • lupie777
    Options
    I will be doing both arm challenges starting tomorrow. They are 30 days each and the first week counts for our amazing race.
    Team 2 please make sure to read all the info posted for the amazing race to start tomorrow. Including the minutes we need for the week and the roadblocks and challenges for the week. We need to all do one roadblock for it to count. There are multiple options this week.

Let's do this guys we got this!!

CRUSHIN GOALS!!!!!!
  • UFGatorsMichelle
    UFGatorsMichelle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am new to this. I'm not sure what, where, how I suppose to be tracking. I entered my weight today, but what do I log for the amazing race and where?
  • lupie777
    Options
    @UFGatorsMichelle hello!!! My best suggestion would be to go to the top of the thread for the spring break challenge. Read the posts with the amazing race rules. Then read the thread with the amazing race week 1 golden ticket. This should give you a pretty good idea on how this works.
    So basically there are 2 parts: the first part is the Tuesday weigh-ins and the 4 pre-assessment exercises that you chart and repeat once every 4 weeks. That's just to see how you are progressing for yourself. If you are unable to do the plank, sit-ups, push-ups, walk or jog a mile then that's ok.
    Part 2 is the amazing race team challenge and for that we collectively as a team have to do so many minutes per week according to the destination. This week it works out to be 326 minutes per person for the week. Which is 47 minutes a day over 7 days. With that being said please don't be overwhelmed by these numbers. There are many of us that do well above that total and can help make up the difference. Please don't push yourself further than you can go. There are also roadblocks, nutritional, and accountability challenges that give our team a chance for extra credit points. This is all explained under week 1 golden ticket. The only thing with the roadblocks is every one on the team has to choose and do one to get the credit for it. The nutritional and accountability can be 1 or all of us.

There is also 2 arm challenges posted these are optional and extra. You can opt out if you don't want to. They go 30 days. They count in your minutes for daily exercise and if you do the first week of the arm challenge there is extra credit points this week for that to.

So you need to log on the spreadsheet on Tuesdays your weigh in and daily your minutes of exercise under team 2 tab and any roadblocks or challenges you completed.

I have already put everyone's name on our team 2 spreadsheet for this week. So please go check it out.

I have noticed there are already 2-3 people not responding to me. With that being said I have calculated this weeks numbers with 15 of us instead of 18 so we are not in a mad rush to catch up and we don't get penalized for it or get eliminated.

I hope this was helpful but it is really important to read all the rules and posts for the challenge each week.

If I can answer any more questions let me know!

Let's do this team 2!!!!!!!!
  • LizFitIt34
    LizFitIt34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ok I have two questions: 1. After we are done with the arm challenge at the end of the week is that when we type yes on the spread sheet? 2. Do we post daily to the challenge threads when we complete each day or do we just post on the spread sheet when we are completely done with all challenges and road blocks? @lupie777
  • Rossergirl
    Rossergirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey TEAM 2! We really need to decide on a name. We can do this! Let's all work together to crush these goals! B)
  • lupie777
    Options
    I totally forgot about the name there were a lot of votes for Happy Feet I say let's take it!!!!!
  • lupie777
    Options
    @LizFitIt34 we will post on the spreadsheet as we do the challenges some are now (like the dance)some are at the end of the week. You can post your daily updates on the individual threads to keep track and share. The arm challenge is at the end of the week also on the spreadsheet.
  • Rossergirl
    Rossergirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    YAY! I love Happy Feet!
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    quote="healthytia6;35686342"]Ok people, I need to know who all are doing what arm challenge here? I believe there are couple of them mentioned here.[/quote]

I am doing the 30 Day Arm Challenge, but you can also do the 30 Day Dumbell Challenge instead or do both. Only the first week is required for the AR 10 points bonus at this time.
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm good with Happy Feet & the group Golden ticket being the Nutritional Challenge! I think that I am understanding all the "rules" & getting myself organized to complete and report daily.

• CeruleanCoffee
    CeruleanCoffee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, @lupie777, for helping me understand all of this!
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am on a pretty intense regular training schedule, so I highly doubt I'll be doing the squat or arm challenges, or the dancing.... I really have no desire to jeopardize my current lifting schedule, so I hope that's okay with all of you?

I ate greek yogurt at lunch - does that count for anything? lol
  • mpgundrum
    mpgundrum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey Team! I worked out tonight with my trainer and it was a good workout but Monday's are so hard! Today was tough nutrition wise. My weekend ended with a migraine, so I didn't pack my lunch last night and I had to leave early this morning to take my boyfriend to the airport so didn't have time to pack then. I did ok with my choices but hated getting lunch out. Tomorrow will be better!
  • cindalu1212
    cindalu1212 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Happy Feet. Hope everyone has had a great day. I didn't get to take my normal Monday walk with my friend so since my Bible study ended early tonight I hit the treadmill until I hit my 10,000 steps. I was able to get in 55 minutes of exercise today, along with the first day of the 30 day arm challenge. I even ate some greek yogurt today. Hoping everyone has a great nights rest and will see you in the morning. :)
  • mallaidhnme
    mallaidhnme Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    ashorey87 wrote: »
    I ate greek yogurt at lunch - does that count for anything? lol

I think that might count for the food-related roadblock--check and see!

I have friended many on our list, but may not have them all... Trying to keep as many points as I can for Team Happy Feet.

Keep it up!
  • mallaidhnme
    mallaidhnme Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Also, I don't eat much processed sugar at all anymore, so that part of the nutrition challenge should be good.