30 Days of Only Ground Beef

Options

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Lunch today was a 630 gram burger (about 22.2 ounces).

The pictures don't do it justice. This was a beast!

Wow!! what a beautiful burger, Fit_Goat.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FIT_Goat/view/day-20-30-ground-beef-827716

20 days down. That's 67% of the way through. I barely could get anything down today. I almost had to force myself to eat to get over 2,000 calories. That's probably because I ate so much yesterday.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I promised, months and months ago, that I was up to something and would share it when it was more concrete. I haven't been able to, without revealing more than I was comfortable with. So, I am going to sneak it into this thread.

I've mentioned, in passing, that I have training every Monday night. I also mentioned that my schedule will be crazy the next month, as the training will increase to be Monday, Thursday, and Saturdays. What am I spending so much time doing?

Here's a hint:
    kkf4dvkz0nwy.jpg

You'll note that I am still very, very new. Totally probationary at this time. I'm only at the very start of training and most of the stuff I am allowed to do right now is helping around the station. After the next month, I will be trained for the most basic of medical-type calls. Training for fires and other stuff comes later. I joke right now that if there is ever a "hose testing" or "hose rolling" emergency that I will be ready. :lol:

It's a process though. A long process. The probationary phase is a minimum of a year, with no promise that it won't be extended if I don't pass enough trainings or meet their standards. I'm very excited to be doing it. It is something that I've always secretly wanted to do, but was always too fat and out of shape to even imagine it ever being a reality. That was until I started eating like this.

I'm strictly focusing on the volunteer side right now, and not looking to make it a career change.

Anyway, I promise to keep updating through this challenge. And, I will always be here. But, I do have a lot on my plate. There's about 4 online courses I need to pass. There's 40 hours this next month. And there's 40 more hours soon after that. There's weekly 3-4 hour trainings when I am not in the big courses. Eventually, there will be fire school. That's a several month long process. They typically won't offer that until I have been there for 6+ months as they pay for it and provide the several thousand dollars in specialized, customized equipment you need for it.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Very excited for you @FIT_Goat . Following your dream is awesome and I hope takes priority over updating us on progress. As much as I love hearing your progress, if push comes to shove, I support your choice to disappear for a while if needed. I am cheering you on, both for your meat and your fire challenge.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Congrats @FIT_Goat on pursuing your goals now that weight isn't in your way. Very admirable. I wish you all the best with your training.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Proud of you, and thank you for your volunteerism.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    @FIT_Goat that's fantastic. My husband has been a volunteer fire fighter since he was a teenager. Those folk don't get nearly enough credit or recognition. Good for you for going after something you want.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Respect and admiration, @Fit_Goat !
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Oh that's awesome, @FIT_Goat! My dad has been a volunteer firefighter for over a decade, and he loves it to bits. You're right, it's a LOT of work to train, and it never truly ends, but what a great cause!

I have to laugh, though. You improve your health by cutting out the carbage, and to replace the risk of civilized diseases, you decide to start running into burning buildings. ;)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    That's awesome @Fit_Goat! I thank you for your willingness to sacrifice self for others (this is what the service industry is all about, so welcome to a "new room" in the club!)!! @glossbones is correct, the training never ends! As in medicine, I think there are people who are paid to create changes in policy just so we have to "educate" ourselves each year (or more), lol! Good for you getting to realize a dream!!

My update on the ground beef challenge: now on day 9 (yes, time does fly!), my scale decided to slip into the 170s (178.4 to be exact!!)!! That's a total of 3 new pounds lost! I just ate a three oz patty and feel stuffed! I don't believe a 22, or 16, ounce patty will be in my future, ever! I'm happy with my three ounces! Have a second patty waiting for me that I will have in a bit, and the meal will repeat two more times today! Someone mentioned the movie "Groundhog Day" earlier in the thread, lol! You were right! That's sort of how it's feeling! But there's no way to get a different outcome here! Lol! Anyway, Keep Calm and Ground Beef on!

Have a great Tuesday all!
  • glossbones
    Options
    I haven't experienced that Groundhog Day feeling yet. I think I have so much other stuff on my mind that having a simple meal plan just means I can stress about something else. ;)

Congrats on your new low, @Karlottap!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    It is something that I've always secretly wanted to do, but was always too fat and out of shape to even imagine it ever being a reality. That was until I started eating like this.

Fricking awesome, my good man!!

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    Respect and admiration, @Fit_Goat !

That^^ x1,000
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody - @FIT_Goat and @glossbones, I have really been enjoying reading about your journey! I am starting today. I plan to focus on beef (all kinds) but am going to finish some other meats that I have in the fridge over the first few days (waste not, want not!). You make it sound so fun in your posts...heh. I'm planning until April 15 and then pause and assess. So a little over two weeks. I typically stay under 50 total carbs and aim at less than 20 net (though truth be told, I have wide variations and swings).

I'm curious how you see your weight trend on MFP? I've never seen it as an option. Do you have an outside plug-in for that?
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    So I jumped in yesterday, meat, cheese, plants in spice form only (and coconut oil), fish, eggs. Right now I am aiming for 5 days.
  • glossbones
    edited March 2016
    Options
    JodiSW wrote: »
    I'm curious how you see your weight trend on MFP? I've never seen it as an option. Do you have an outside plug-in for that?

Welcome aboard the meat train, Jodi and Lillith!

FIT_Goat made a Google Spreadsheet which includes a function to chart the weight trend along with the actual weight variations. I bugged him to share that with me, and so I'll pay it forward here: My Tracking Spreadsheet. You'll need to make a copy to track your own progress, then fill in the dates and enter your starting weight and BF%. Then you only have to fill in the blue fields each day as you go along. To share the table each week, we're just taking screen shots of that area cropped out.
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    JodiSW wrote: »

Welcome aboard the meat train, Jodi and Lillith!

FIT_Goat made a Google Spreadsheet which includes a function to chart the weight trend along with the actual weight variations. I bugged him to share that with me, and so I'll pay it forward here: My Tracking Spreadsheet. You'll need to make a copy to track your own progress, then fill in the dates and enter your starting weight and BF%. Then you only have to fill in the blue fields each day as you go along. To share the table each week, we're just taking screen shots of that area cropped out.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I am mixing my diet up so in addition to ground beef, I have added beef steak. Love steak! Happier bunny now. Day 4 done. More bpc and more beef.

Scale says I lost 1 kilo in 3 days (ie this morning weigh in) That will be a record drop rate for me if that stays off. Feel less inflammed/bloated and sinus improving.
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say CONGRATS to @FIT_Goat for doing something so GREAT! From a lurker!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the meat! Not just ground beef, though. Anything and everything animal.