30 Days of Only Ground Beef

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    My experience: I began all ground beef on March 21st. I began to lose weight pretty quickly (5.5 pounds in 2 weeks), but around the 2.5 week time I began to have abdominal pain (more than just heartburn), and with a peptic ulcer still in stages of healing, I decided that only ground beef wasn't best for me. Plus, I dropped intake to chicken broth for a day, after getting some labs drawn to be sure it wasn't something worse.

I enjoyed the super simplicity of eating one thing. Being carnivore is simple, but just one option was awesome. But, it apparently didn't agree with my jacked up guts.

I even had a two pound increase on the scale from the inflammation! So I have now reverted to a varied carnivore woe again. And I'm already feeling better.

I've gotten lots of advice from the wonderful people here, but was reluctant to try the fermented cabbage juice! I've never liked sauerkraut, but I got me some and strained the juice from it. It's nasty, but I've been taking a couple of tbsp before meals for a couple of days now, and the pain has almost disappeared. I did take Prilosec twice (full dose on Saturday, and a half dose on Sunday)but hope to not need to continue this since I just weaned myself off of it two months ago.

Anyway, the ground beef challenge was a fail for me!

I am still reluctant to add back cheese! Will continue my zc ways until the blueberries are ripe (was the last fruit I ate almost a year ago!), then, will indulge in some until their season ends. I also plan to have some zucchini, and jalapenos, from my small garden this summer.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had so much trouble @Karlottap hope your ulcer gets better soon.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Thank you @totaloblivia! :smiley:
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    @FIT_Goat and @glossbones Are your patty sizes/weights based on uncooked meat or cooked? Sorry if you addressed this in one of your previous posts. I haven't quite gone all carnivore, but on the days when I get to cook only for myself in the evenings, I have started to choose carnivore. However, 1/4 lb uncooked mince is not enough and I would really like to eat more like 1/2 lb which is 8oz uncooked (I think - I am based in UK and in a bit of an imperial/metric dither - we sort of live half way between the two depending how old you are) and is a lot of calories. I'd be grateful for advice on how much you ate each time and whether it was cooked or uncooked weight. Thanks very much!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    @FIT_Goat and @glossbones Are your patty sizes/weights based on uncooked meat or cooked? Sorry if you addressed this in one of your previous posts. I haven't quite gone all carnivore, but on the days when I get to cook only for myself in the evenings, I have started to choose carnivore. However, 1/4 lb uncooked mince is not enough and I would really like to eat more like 1/2 lb which is 8oz uncooked (I think - I am based in UK and in a bit of an imperial/metric dither - we sort of live half way between the two depending how old you are) and is a lot of calories. I'd be grateful for advice on how much you ate each time and whether it was cooked or uncooked weight. Thanks very much!

Not either of those two, but I try to always use uncooked weight for my meat. Right now I am eating 2 big patties/day. A roughly 10oz (275g) and 8oz (216-219g).
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

Weight ounces are the same in the UK and US, one ounce equals 28.35 grams, 16 ounces to the lb. it's fluid ounces that get funny. I just measure my liquids in ml to avoid the confusion.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I go with uncooked weights because my burgers are so rare all that moisture weight is still locked in. I only sear the outside.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Ya, gotta go with raw & uncooked; there's just too much variability in cook temperature and time. The MFP database is already inaccurate enough as it is, lol
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Uncooked. I typically ate 230-450 grams per meal.
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    Thanks everybody. Just ate 295g with an accidental tonne of spices in as the spice mix had clumped together and went in all at once. My mouth is on fire!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Back to carnivore tomorrow after holiday end.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. Just ate 295g with an accidental tonne of spices in as the spice mix had clumped together and went in all at once. My mouth is on fire!

I'm sorry, but I'm glad this happens to other people too :D