TEAM CAPTAINS

Options

Replies

• chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Captains

All weigh-ins are complete for Week 1. We have an individual that is traveling and will be home tomorrow. She is unable to access a scale until then. Because of her consideration in letting us know I have allowed her to submit her weight tomorrow. Once we get a number from Suzmom23 on team The Slimsons I will complete the results spreadsheet and announce winners and results.

You guys and your teams did a fantastic job!! You should be proud!!

Total pounds lost to date in the Biggest Loser Challenge for April is 259.9!!!!

WOW!!!!! :smiley:

That is amazing.
  • wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    My team has really stepped up into awesomeville! Everyone weighed in and we're off to a great start.

I posted an exercise challenge for my group this week. Come over to Dude, Where's My Gut and check it out!

RaeBeeBaby I love the ABC's exercise challenge! Think i'll post that for my team on week 3! Thanks for sharing!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an awesome job we did in Week 1! We had a combined total (All Teams) of 262.4 lbs!!! Amazing!

Here's this week's WINNERS:

Biggest Loser TEAM
    1st - Gutbusters - 1.23%
    2nd - The Bod Squad - 1.04%
    3rd - Dude, Where's My Gut - 0.88%

Biggest Loser INDIVIDUAL
    1st - Shalynlink-Gutbusters - 3.13%
    2nd - Nerdishgirl3-Thin It To Win It - 2.73%
    3rd - robinred2-The Bod Squad - 2.71%

Those close behind were: Mlays005, Sherriediva1, Courtney4805, wahagent05, kbrunner2, matthewsfive and NorwegianGuy

Top Individuals on Each Team:

Mission Slimpossible
    1st - emaemili2 - 1.75%
    2nd - yangjoma - 1.23%
    3rd - DawnArchieAndJacksMummy - 1.09%

The Big Butt Theory
    1st -Mlays005 - 2.39%
    2nd -christinagillette - 1.98%
    3rd - SweeteeBri - 0.76%

Thin It To Win It
    1st - Nerdishgirl3 - 2.73%
    2nd - wahagent05 - 2.12%
    3rd - 303lissy - 1.45%

Dude, Where's My Gut
    1st - JordisTSM - 1.83%
    2nd - cynbet69 - 1.73%
    3rd - W8ingforthesun - 1.72%

Withering A Weigh
    1st - Courtney4805 - 2.19%
    2nd - Lshona - 1.94%
    3rd - melanieleasure - 1.65%

The Slimsons
    1st - Karen_thinmint - 1.76%
    2nd - dillyg08 - 1.38%
    3rd - Suzmom23 - 1.28%

Die Lard
    1st - gethntysear - 1.90%
    2nd - GotToBeMe11 - 1.31%
    3rd - kayak97 - 1.29%

Run Track Minds
    1st - kbrunner2 - 2.12%
    2nd - matthewsfive - 2.02%
    3rd - NorwegianGuy - 2.01%

The Bod Squad
    1st - robinred2 - 2.71%
    2nd - CatherineElizabeth13 - 1.97%
    3rd - kamoore06 - 1.92%

Gutbusters
    1st - Shalynlink - 3.13%
    2nd - Sherriediva1 - 2.22%
    3rd - Bex800 - 1.86%

The Top 10 in the most pounds lost:
    1) Mlays05 - 8.1 lbs
    2) Nerdishgirl3 - 7.0 lbs
    3) Courtney4805 - 6.6 lbs
    4) NorwegianGuy - 5.3 lbs
    5) kbrunner2 - 5.2 lbs
    6) TIE between CatherineElizabeth13, Linzyo and Jose2716 - 5.0 lbs
    7) JordisTSM - 4.8 lbs
    8) robinred2 - 4.6 lbs
    9) matthewsfive - 4.4 lbs
    10)Sherriediva1 - 4.3 lbs

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL!! Let's try to beat our numbers next week. Good luck Everyone!!
  • stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    stm712015 wrote: »
    A big part of doing team challenges is the "team" aspect but mine is doing very little interacting with each other. I hope (Run Track Mind) becomes more interactive as the challenge goes on. Maybe, as Serendipity mentioned earlier to another captain, they'll get more involved after the first results are posted? I just feel like I'm the only one commenting on anyone's posts and it's becoming the stm712015 show. :/ I'll try posting some questions this weekend and see if that helps.

I hope its going well for all of you!

Always remember....regardless of how many are responding, I can guarantee ALL are reading your posts. The fact that everyone but one has submitted their weekly weigh-in shows they are committed. Your team has AMAZING losses this week, you should be proud! There are a lot of Lurkers, for lack of a better word, that are happy just lurking. Your posts are helping those individuals stay motivated. Great job!! <3
    Thank you @Serendipity0913 for posting the usernames of the ones who hadn't yet weighed in today (including me)! I am still struggling viewing with the darn spreadsheet, except on my phone. I live in a rural area and my cell reception is spotty, so even the phone access isn't always reliable. Hopefully, I can figure this out before next weigh-in finale!

On a very positive note we had 100% participation on the weigh-ins this week! Stellar!!

@stm712015 - sorry you've got a bit of a slower team. Ours was a very slow start to begin with, but we've now got a few people posting regularly. Sometimes it just takes one or two, in addition to the captain, to make it feel more engaged. (I'm in another challenge with 25 people and only 2 of us EVER post. Now that's annoying!)

Thank you both! I've made this week's challenge "team participation", supporting and engaging with one another, and checking in periodically. :smile:
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    A big part of doing team challenges is the "team" aspect but mine is doing very little interacting with each other. I hope (Run Track Mind) becomes more interactive as the challenge goes on. Maybe, as Serendipity mentioned earlier to another captain, they'll get more involved after the first results are posted? I just feel like I'm the only one commenting on anyone's posts and it's becoming the stm712015 show. :/ I'll try posting some questions this weekend and see if that helps.

Always remember....regardless of how many are responding, I can guarantee ALL are reading your posts. The fact that everyone but one has submitted their weekly weigh-in shows they are committed. Your team has AMAZING losses this week, you should be proud! There are a lot of Lurkers, for lack of a better word, that are happy just lurking. Your posts are helping those individuals stay motivated. Great job!! <3
    Thank you @Serendipity0913 for posting the usernames of the ones who hadn't yet weighed in today (including me)! I am still struggling viewing with the darn spreadsheet, except on my phone. I live in a rural area and my cell reception is spotty, so even the phone access isn't always reliable. Hopefully, I can figure this out before next weigh-in finale!

On a very positive note we had 100% participation on the weigh-ins this week! Stellar!!

@stm712015 - sorry you've got a bit of a slower team. Ours was a very slow start to begin with, but we've now got a few people posting regularly. Sometimes it just takes one or two, in addition to the captain, to make it feel more engaged. (I'm in another challenge with 25 people and only 2 of us EVER post. Now that's annoying!)

Thank you both! I've made this week's challenge "team participation", supporting and engaging with one another, and checking in periodically. :smile:

Challenging them to participate! Now that's brilliant!
  • stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Well... it's been a ghost town this past week. Tumble weeds rolling by as I talk to myself. ;) Thought I might as well bring the subject up, and see if anyone bites. Wish me luck. At least everyone weighed in, which is fantastic!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Well... it's been a ghost town this past week. Tumble weeds rolling by as I talk to myself. ;) Thought I might as well bring the subject up, and see if anyone bites. Wish me luck. At least everyone weighed in, which is fantastic!

Hang in there, @stm712015. My last challenge was 12 weeks of that - miserable! But there were a few of us who've kept in contact. You never know, you may make a great friend in the process. And I LOVE your participation challenge - truly inspired idea!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options

@Serendipity0913 - Please change publife456's (Mission Slimpossible) weigh-in day from Sunday to Monday. (When she actually weighs in.) Thank you.
    Marcella
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    @Serendipity0913 - Please change publife456's (Mission Slimpossible) weigh-in day from Sunday to Monday. (When she actually weighs in.) Thank you.
    Marcella

Got it
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    @Serendipity0913 Would you please change GloriaE2016's weigh-in day from Tuesday to Friday. Team Gutbusters! :)

Thank you and have a wonderful night!
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    Got it
  • overw8gosk8
    Options
    Hi @Serendipity0913

I weighed in today, but next week I am having outpatient procedure and will most likey not be able do a weigh-in on Tuesday due to the nature of the surgery. Could you change me to Friday's and I'll post my weigh-in for next week on Friday?

Team Gutbusters

Thank you and have a great day!
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    No worries @overw8gosk8 I made the change
  • overw8gosk8
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I have just a few teammates that check in on a daily basis, and when i say a few i mean 2 or 3 out of 15! The team as a whole usually gets more vocal towards the end of the week! I just post motivational stuff to keep them going and keep it moving!
    I see that no matter how much i would like for them to be a more active team player, some just will not contribute ANYTHING!
    Sooo, i just work with the ones that show their support! My hands are tied!
    Good Luck!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    I still have two people who haven't weighed in for this week. I messaged both of them, but neither has logged onto MFP today. I suspect we might have some drop-outs this week. One of them posted on the newsfeed that she had gained weight this week and was depressed about it, so I'm worried we might lose her. :'(
  • Serendipity0913
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I hope we don't lose people. I admire those that report their weight even though they've had a gain. This truly shows their will and want to succeed. Those are the people that will succeed because they're willing to face it and still move forward.

I have messaged all those that have not submitted. I was able to get two of them. This still leaves 9 that have not reported in.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,893 Member
    Options
    We have one that hasn't weighed in either, I also messaged her too, :)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    I hope we don't lose people. I admire those that report their weight even though they've had a gain. This truly shows their will and want to succeed. Those are the people that will succeed because they're willing to face it and still move forward.

I have messaged all those that have not submitted. I was able to get two of them. This still leaves 9 that have not reported in.

Truly, the drop-out rate for this challenge is very low. I've been in other challenges where about 1/3 are gone after the first week! This is a pretty committed group so far!
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I tried to message AussieMark1980 but he appears to gave left MFP as he was unrecognised. Did you have the same problem Serendipity0913.