Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    @becwana she and emme would get along very well lol
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm sincerely tempted to post a picture of my guy to go along with all this, though he's not a pet. Otherwise, the stuffed dog I keep on my desk (gift from my daughter) is about as pet-worthy as I can get! LOL
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Here is a rescued gentleman who:
    • Can't climb trees, or
    • Walk like he's not a duck (note the extra toes...), and
    • Sleeps as if he doesn't have a job.
    But in fact he and one of his fellow fixed older males (also shown) think they're engaged to act as scout leaders/wet nurses/goatherds to every successive foster group that arrives - which now includes this laid-back mom and her fast-growing gang of rascals!

f07pks2csz30.gif

• RalfLott
    Options
    The cat that destroys everything

OMG - Great photo!

Did he chew a hole right through that blind? (What else has he trashed?)

• auntstephie321
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    The cat that destroys everything

OMG - Great photo!

Did he chew a hole right through that blind? (What else has he trashed?)

Yes she did, she also once tried to stand on the top of the bottom window sash on our bedroom window and since its only one inch wide she feel and sliced right through the fabric window blinds getting herself stuck in the cords and wedged between the window and dresser.

She's chewed multiple holes through the comforter on my bed.

And there are two matching paw shaped holes sunken through the screen on my patio for just about the height of her standing on her hind legs.

She's actually destroyed 4 different window blinds.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @ ralflott those babies are beautiful. Will you be adopting then out or keeping them.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    @ ralflott those babies are beautiful. Will you be adopting then out or keeping them.

I am glad/sad to say all 7 are spoken fur :'(:) (But if you're in the market, have I got a deal for you!)
  • RalfLott
    edited May 2016
    Options

She also once tried to stand on the top of the bottom window sash on our bedroom window and since its only one inch wide she feel and sliced right through the fabric window blinds getting herself stuck in the cords and wedged between the window and dresser.

She's chewed multiple holes through the comforter on my bed.

And there are two matching paw shaped holes sunken through the screen on my patio for just about the height of her standing on her hind legs.

She's actually destroyed 4 different window blinds.

Wow! Sounds very "creative!" What's the story with the comforter? Catnip stuffing?

She looks like a cross between a Maine Coon and Kliban cat. Obviously destined for entertainment!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @ralflott lol definitely not in the market 5 is enough. Emme was my last foster failure it's so hard to give them back.

I have no clue with the comforter she goes crazy on it. She has also chewed through about six phone charger cables, that wasn't cute at all.

You should see get chase her tail, sommersaults and back flips and everything.

She does look like a maine coon but she's small and has short little legs .
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Here she is in all her big belly short legged glory
    f67yl0jjotr2.jpg

This is how she uses her tower kc6jvphgqzts.jpg
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Introducing "Cat" our feral cat. He's been picked up & fixed by the state.
    Notice his clipped ear. He's got his own feeding station by our back door
    & his private cat house next to it. He only lets a few get close enough to pet him.

lw7fkwit143i.jpg

s6ox8xyxubqs.jpg

>:) or o:)

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Love the furbabies!! Such wonderful, uplifting, photos!!
    @mandycat223, I'm with you! People who harm, or mistreat animals, have a super special place reserved just for them, and no, it's not in heaven! :wink:
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @vinegar_husbands my kitties are lc they eat mostly wet and we sub in some low carb high protein dry. I have at least one who has ibs so if I feed anything else he's a mess. I also had a diabetic kitty at one point and he could only have wet, but that was before they started making the lower carb dry foods
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    My cat gets grain free organic dry food and wet food. The cats in my house went Paleo when we did years ago !
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Here's one for the KetoKitty© crowd.

We are always on the prowl for cost-effective nutrition for our coven of cats, which includes one with a rather touchy tummy.

For the moment, we have settled on Nutro Duck, which, alas, is a little on the pricey side.

Any tips?

Thanks!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    The ever-resourceful @Sunny_Bunny_ made the astute observation that veterinary recommendations for diabetic cats - unlike those the ADA circulates for mere humans - are genuinely low-carb. Hmmm...... :/