Meticulous May?

Options

Replies

• kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not? I log pretty much every day, but I need to tighten it up, been relaxing a bit lately and not counting each and every bite.
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @becwana - I believe breastfeeding is listed as an activity in exercise. If not, you can create one... I think average breastfeeding is 500-750 calories additional burned, but if you're pumping or breastfeeding very often, you can find calculators to show you your average burns. I don't remember if she's in this group, but my friend @MandiCole1 used a calculator of some kind to show this when she was breastfeeding her son.[/quote]

Thank you! I can't find it as an activity but I will add it (didn't think of doing that!)

I am only going over by an average of 150-250 a day so was erring on the side of caution!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    becwana wrote: »
    @becwana - I believe breastfeeding is listed as an activity in exercise. If not, you can create one... I think average breastfeeding is 500-750 calories additional burned, but if you're pumping or breastfeeding very often, you can find calculators to show you your average burns. I don't remember if she's in this group, but my friend @MandiCole1 used a calculator of some kind to show this when she was breastfeeding her son.

Thank you! I can't find it as an activity but I will add it (didn't think of doing that!)

I am only going over by an average of 150-250 a day so was erring on the side of caution!
    [/quote]

actually it is a food diary entry not an exercise entry - if you enter "breastfeeding" in the food section it will give you several negative calorie options (so it adds calories to your bottom line) to choose from
  • becwana
    Options
    actually it is a food diary entry not an exercise entry - if you enter "breastfeeding" in the food section it will give you several negative calorie options (so it adds calories to your bottom line) to choose from
    [/quote]

Thank you! I will check it out now (sitting with baby attached right now :# )

• becwana
    Options
    Annoyingly although it shows the negative calorie number, it doesn't subtract it from the total - most of the entries were 500 for ebf so as long as I only go over by that much I should be ok!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    I apologise if this is a bit forward (or if it breaks any rules) - but I am a failed low carber and restarter and wondered if anyone would be up for a month of consistent logging in May to get us all back on track?

I have gotten into the habit of picking "low carb" foods without any thought of hunger or actual carbs or calories and it has caused a massive stall - not to mention some pretty dodgy food choices, and quest/atkins bars have become an almost daily occurrence.

I figured 31 days of logging (and eliminating all artifical sweetners) should get me back on track, and I'm sure there are others out there in the same boat so I would love some company and accountability.

Obviously I'm aiming this more towards people who have fallen off the wagon, or those that are noticing "carb creep", rather than the established low-carbers who are trying to get away from meticulously logging every carb :)

Steph x

No forwardness or rule breaking going on. :smiley:
    We welcome any member challenges.

And also, since I do "meticulous" every day, I'm in.

I can make a post in Announcements later where you can go to access all your threads on the challenge if there end up being multiple if you like. Since it's so busy up in here and threads get buried, it provides a couple clicks to immediately find it.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I log just about daily (I say just about because I do a lot of left overs so I already know the values). My only concern is my long distance boyfriend is coming into town at the end of May and we have back to back birthdays. I'm taking the whole week off and want to show him some restaurants around town I love and treat ourselves to a nice birthday dinner. I know A LOT of carbs will be consumed.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I apologise if this is a bit forward (or if it breaks any rules) - but I am a failed low carber and restarter and wondered if anyone would be up for a month of consistent logging in May to get us all back on track?

I have gotten into the habit of picking "low carb" foods without any thought of hunger or actual carbs or calories and it has caused a massive stall - not to mention some pretty dodgy food choices, and quest/atkins bars have become an almost daily occurrence.

I figured 31 days of logging (and eliminating all artifical sweetners) should get me back on track, and I'm sure there are others out there in the same boat so I would love some company and accountability.

Obviously I'm aiming this more towards people who have fallen off the wagon, or those that are noticing "carb creep", rather than the established low-carbers who are trying to get away from meticulously logging every carb :)

Steph x

No forwardness or rule breaking going on. :smiley:
    We welcome any member challenges.

And also, since I do "meticulous" every day, I'm in.

I can make a post in Announcements later where you can go to access all your threads on the challenge if there end up being multiple if you like. Since it's so busy up in here and threads get buried, it provides a couple clicks to immediately find it.

@baconslave Thanks that would be great :)

Might just try to keep this one up for a while, but people might want a weekly one to keep all the check-ins together?
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am in - have just got back from an all inclusive holiday in Spain - which wasn't condusive to eating LCHF so lost my streak and felt awful - but back and have my mojo back - looking to get some good support
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    I put a link in the stickie section.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10382114/links-to-meticulous-may-challenge?new=1

The challenge links will be in that post in case it gets buried. So people can find it easily.

It's May 1st. :wink:
    Saturdays have been a no-logging day. And they've been a mess. So I'll be logging meticulously this month. Gotta get back on track. Gained 5lb overnight from hitting the carbs a little too heavy yesterday. Calories were terrible. I need to stop having my Saturday night drink.
    Good luck everyone.
  • becwana
    Options
    @baconslave - the drink is my problem too - even on days when my food has been perfect the naughty glass of vino (or 2!) tips me over!!
  • dedicationANDdumbbells
    dedicationANDdumbbells Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am in. Also looking for other low carb PALS so feel free to add me (females only). Thank you!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    In like Flint! Been going back and forth for about 2 months. Currently making a push for keto compliance in attitude, and food choices. Hope to be back in ketosis by tomorrow. Two good days so far, shooting for three. Great to have a place to check in. Thanks.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Trying to stick with my ground beef challenge but have had some bumps. Stayed keto though.
  • shar_de
    shar_de Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Im in, but will start tomorrow..looking forward to the challenge! :) Low carbs really work for me. I did very well earlier this year, but have fallen off in the past 8 weeks. Ready to get back on it!!!! Will go to the grocery store tonight to get good food in the house!!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Trying to stick with my ground beef challenge but have had some bumps. Stayed keto though.

Started at 268.4 this morning. Weight held steady for a whole week through my dang period.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'll give it a go! I haven't logged in ages... I find seeing "extra" calories left at the end of the day makes me want to snack, lol, so I'll log everything at the end of the day when I know I'm done eating!

Starting weight - 146.4
    Goal - 138-145