Meticulous May?

Options

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Well into my forth day of returning to my more sane eating plan. Forgot to put the scale out so I forgot to weigh in. It's okay, another day to be in bliss not knowing the reality of regained weight. Still all said and done, I seem to do better with daily weigh ins. They keep me more focused and determined and I learn about how my body responds to different foods and situations. So I'll get that going tomorrow.
    Still logging faithfully and checking my numbers and macros. Feels good to be moving forward again. I really don't do maintenance very well yet. Next time I try will be my fourth attempt, but that won't be happening til I get back to my low weight again. I will not regain this weight I lost... no way! Meticulousness is where it's at for me right now. Great challenge for this month. Thank you so much, pals.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - logged and done. Ended up pretty light on calories (1150), but macros look good proportionally so I'm not too bothered. Working weekdays will end up higher with gym and all the walking I do. It makes me much hungrier.

It's 7:45pm here now so I may have a tea, but food wise I'm done!
  • gonnagetfitnow2014
    gonnagetfitnow2014 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in this challenge. I did awful today. I had 66 carbs. I am getting better at tracking so far. I have a marathon this Saturday and wanted to lose at least 5 pounds by then. My goal is still to lose at least 50 by the end of this year. I really need accountability for the carbs and calories.
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I am SO in!!! I have fallen off the wagon-HARD!!!! I am just now reading the challenge and today is almost over so I will start tomorrow. 15 pounds to go. I know I can do it. I have to. I need to. Wish me luck. I haven't logged in forever.
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    SW (Dec '15) 247
    SW (5/1/16) 198.2
    CW (5/2/16) 197.2
    GW (5/31/16) 193
    GW (Dec '16) 175

Food choices: good
    Exercise : good

Started the MCT Oil (again) Looks like I've been neglecting this since the 20th according to my log ,,, ;)
  • SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Count me in, just stepped on the scale & it's not good!

SW- 185.4. (03/05/16)
    GW- 180 (03/06/16)

Will aim to keep within macros / calories, WILL log daily - timing may be a bit out as I work shifts.

14 weeks Friday until my holiday in France
  • SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Count me in please! I'm new at this. I just started Sunday. I've read how to now I have to put that info into my meal planning. Any help is appreciated!

Newbie question- what do most people set their macros to?

SW- 190++
    CW- 153
    GW- 125
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hiya all - have had a brilliant start to May - have been doing mostly meat as wanted to do the April challenge but saw it too late to get started - so far have meticulously logged every day.

I started the challenge on Saturday weighing 18st 7lbs (259lbs) and so far have already lost 7lbs feeling fantastic - had a weeks all inclusive holiday last week so some of this weight is what I put on from that (no good food to eat while I was there - struggled to stay on track) - have been looking into moving into IF and am currently reading up on this, going to start doing this next week once I know everything I need to be prepared for.

Feels great to be part of this challenge
  • vilenski193
    vilenski193 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I want in! I was so good for a long time. I lost 4.5% body fat and then I got gallstones and then I went away for two weeks where I didn't really control my food. I want to get back in. This is perfect. I can do it for one month! Please hold me accountable. I know we can do this ! Thanks for starting. My first day is today
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    SlimSonic wrote: »

14 weeks Friday until my holiday in France

Oh jealous! I studied French for 6 years between high school and college but I never got to go.

Beginning day 3 today.
    Previous weight: 163
    Current weight: 161.6
    I ate about 70 cals too many yesterday. DH bought up a bedtime snack after I had eaten up all my calories for the day. But it was sharp cheddar and bbq pork rinds and I was hungry so I had a couple bites. I figure if I was legit hungry then I'm ok.

Anyway. Happy logging everyone. :+1:
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Yesterday went well but was way low on calories. Weight back down 3lbs from yesterday's fluid-fest.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yesterday went well but was way low on calories. Weight back down 3lbs from yesterday's fluid-fest.

Isn't it crazy how much darn fluids we can retain? And mine is all in my abdomen. DH patted my belly pooch and asked me if I was pregnant yesterday. I really wanted to punch him.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Finally got back on the scale. Up 15 pounds. Pretty much what I expected and relieved it wasn't more! I really lost my way. But now on track, starting 5th day (I think) which is more than I've been able to do for 2 months. Expecting that soon my cravings will diminish and all the great keto benefits will kick in. Fingers are crossed. My mind feels set...so far, so good.
    Still pre logging and adjusting food intake meticulously, checking macros, watching nutrient counts, etc.
    Oddly, in my personal life, I am facing some current challenges where this attention to meticulousness may be very beneficial.
    As my Dad used to say, "When the going gets tough...the tough get going."
    I luv this challenge.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @flash082, using the calculator at http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ will help you figure your macros, then plug those numbers into your food diary here on MFP!

Good luck everyone!!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    5/2 check-in
    Original SW: 153.4
    Keto SW: 150.6 (11/2)
    GW for maintenance: 129-132
    SW May 1: 134
    5/2 weigh-in: 133.4
    Cals and carbs were under 5/2, did 1 hr PT for exercise (10 mins bike, lots of strength, a little stretching).

Weight this morning was 132.6 so I'm glad I'm moving back in the right direction. Really need to get rid of this belly bloat by Friday. ;) I had another hour of PT today and so far cals/carbs are on track for today, too!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Day 3: well. I nailed today!

Ended up a tad high in protein but I think I'm ok with that. I lift weights 4-5 times a week and I walk upwards of 4 miles a day so I'm fairly certain I'll be on the higher side of protein requirements.

Was kinda hungry after lunch but fairly certain it was habit driven rather than actual hunger. Hopefully that will improve over the month.

I'm not weighing again until June so won't have updates on that, but a trainer at the gym today told me I'd lost weight, and the right kind of weight, body fat :)

Keep it up pals!
  • SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    @flash082, using the calculator at http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ will help you figure your macros, then plug those numbers into your food diary here on MFP!

Good luck everyone!!

Thanks for the info!
  • socalgardengal
    socalgardengal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :)
  • Azyha
    Azyha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    im in
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Day 2 went well. Had (and still have, ugh) a headcold, so I did have some soup for dinner, which was more carbs than I would normally eat at one meal, but still stayed under my limit for the day. Today I'm feeling more up to cooking, so it should be better. Getting used to logging again.