Meticulous May?

Options

Replies

• SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on the French silk pie! I think part of me wants to eat it. I do know that would be my down fall. I'll let my daughter know.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Just put my chicken thigh in the oven. Logged for the day, 5th day back on keto and dropped 2 pounds. Feels good to be back. just about to prelog for tomorrow. Still saying vigilant and trying to counter my unwanted food urges with preferable activities.

It's not all about food. Can I shout that out loud to myself, please!?
    Or tattoo it on my hand? Must remember.

Anyway facing some challenges in the near future and it appears today is solidly in procrastination mode. Just going to enjoy the time. And try to pick up the pace again tomorrow. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Day 3 was good for me-cals, carbs, exercise. I weighed in at 132.2 this morning so going back to weight loss mode is definitely paying off, thankfully.
    DH and I were both Dx'ed with strep this morning so no exercise today but I'll try to watch my calories and carbs. Sometimes it's hard not to reach for toast, crackers, etc. when I'm sick.
  • SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Day 3 was good for me-cals, carbs, exercise. I weighed in at 132.2 this morning so going back to weight loss mode is definitely paying off, thankfully.
    DH and I were both Dx'ed with strep this morning so no exercise today but I'll try to watch my calories and carbs. Sometimes it's hard not to reach for toast, crackers, etc. when I'm sick.

I didn't think that you could eat toast or crackers Keto diet?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options

Make some egg-drop soup. Yummy, and warm.
    I hope you feel better soon.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Day 4.... I ate an Akins bar :( it was in my desk at work and I just couldn't stop myself.

I think they do not agree with me because no joke I look 6 months pregnant right now.

Brush myself off and try again tomorrow. Bar the Atkins bar my day was good, tomorrow is a gym day (yay it's deadlift day) and hopefully my bloat will have gone down overnight
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well I'm def learning lots about my habits through being meticulous! I drink too much alcohol in the week I have noticed so an cutting that out - I also tend to snack when I'm not hungry mid afternoon (think it's when I'm at my most stressed) so that is also been brought to my attention!
    I didn't realise how much stuff I was doing and then conveniently forgetting!! It's more of a mindful may for me!
    I will weigh in hopefully tomorrow! I go to the chemist and do it on the accurate scale there - if I had scales at home I would obsess and let the number define my mood every day!!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    flash0826 wrote: »

I didn't think that you could eat toast or crackers Keto diet?

Right, that's why I said sometimes it's *hard not to* reach for those things when I'm sick. (Though there are keto versions you could make/eat if you wanted to.)
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    SW (Dec '15) 247
    SW (5/1/16) 198.2
    CW (5/4/16) 193.0
    GW (5/31/16) 193
    GW (Dec '16) 175

Food choices: good
    Exercise : good

• 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Did not realize how high smoked pork ribs were in carbs. Ended up with 69 carbs today- over double what I usually eat. Trying to track before I eat but didn't have a chance before going to the in laws for the dang ribs. Hope this doesn't affect me too much as I have determined my carb threshold is very low.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    60to35 wrote: »
    Did not realize how high smoked pork ribs were in carbs. Ended up with 69 carbs today- over double what I usually eat. Trying to track before I eat but didn't have a chance before going to the in laws for the dang ribs. Hope this doesn't affect me too much as I have determined my carb threshold is very low.

They only have that many carbs if both a rub that was applied before smoking was full of brown sugar and a sticky sugar based sauce was applied post smoking. I do a dry rub rib at home (albeit I don't have a smoker) and the carbs are minimal, mostly coming from seasonings like black pepper and granulated garlic.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Meticulous day 4. Macros have been pretty spot-on. Already pre-logged for the day. I decreased my calories after the ASAP experiment. I know a lot of you folks don't believe calories matter, but for this 5'1" post-menopausal woman, they can't be ignored. No movement on the scale.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Day 4 was great - two large meals really suits me. Saw a new low on the scale this morning (144.2), but it's not my "official" weigh in day. Having breakfast for dinner tonight, so I don't see any issues staying on track today. Starting to recover from my cold (now it's a cough), but still not feeling up to going to the gym... Maybe next week.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Oh, @baconslave, you make me laugh. The struggle IS real. I hope, at least, you eye issues are improving with you increased carbs. B)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    OK, I didn't run last night either... but I feel better today. I have plans tonight, but hopefully will be able to find time to get to the gym.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @baconslave love the scale hokey pokey and accompanying iimage. Very funny! Thxs for sharing.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    May 5 - Keeping up the fight.
    SW 189.5
    CW 148.0
    GW (May) 144.0

Carbs <40g.
    Exercise - plan on running tonight.

I've been doing great keeping to the plan. Eating well. The problem is my stress levels have been through the roof. The scale has not budged. I have not been overeating and trying deep breathing, getting support from friends and family. Sleep has been a little iffy. I will get through this.