100% Challenge - Mon 5/23 to Until - Join Anytime!

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

10/07/2016 100%

Hi
    It was 54 Degrees this morning no change from yesterdays temperature. It was comfortable walking and I walked 9,455 steps today. Yesterday I ended up some what over 11.5K steps.

Yesterday I received my Frozen Delivery and according to the tracking number I should receive the Shelf stable portion of my order today via the USPS. It seems that FedEx has handed it off to the Post Office. I suspect that is due to it being under 8 pounds as that is a first for my regular NS food Deliveries. I say regular food as I have had Missing items come that way in the past.

FWIW I also updated my Weight in the tracking here as it has been down for several days a little lower than what I reported. I prefer to see a several day weight before posting it.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/08/2016 100%

Hi
    It was 64 Degrees this morning a change to the warmer from yesterdays temperature. It was comfortable walking despite the light rain. I have walked 7,707 steps today. Yesterday I ended up some what over 11K steps.

I expect to have a decent step count today as my brother & I are going to a Historical event later on today. The details are:
    Weekend Journey at the Van Horne House 2016
    FREE*****October 8 from 10-5pm and October 9th from 12-5pm*****FREE

Each year The Heritage Trail Association (HTA) along with the Middlebrook Theatrical Society (MTS) fills the house with an event that took place in the house during the revolutionary war.

This year we are celebrating the wedding of Mary Van Horne to Colonel Stephen Moylan of the Moylan Dragoons. Col. Moylan also served as Aide-de-Camp to General Washington, (who may visit over the weekend).

Guided tours with groups of 8 or 10 and lasting 1 hour and 15 minutes will have you participating in the following activities:
    Learn about relationships and wooing in the 18th century
    Dance the popular dance, ‘Come Haste to the Wedding’ with live music –we will teach you! THE place to practice your wooing skills just learned!
    Learn about wedding rites and rituals from our magistrate, John Jacob Faisch
    The Reception of course, with punch from an 18th century recipe, cookies and be prepared to ‘Toast the happy couple’ (this house is not known as Convivial Hill for nothing!)

Horse races to celebrate the happy couple will occur with prizes to the winners As always, we have lots to do and treats for the kids. Come dressed in period clothes, or modern day duds, but DO NOT miss this party, one of a great many thrown by Phillip Van Horne and his wife, Elizabeth as they celebrate the marriage of their eldest daughter to an Irish officer of the Revolution.
    And yes, this actually did occur in this house September 12th, 1778!

Yesterday I received the Shelf stable AKA Ready to Go portion of my order via USPS. FedEx handed it off to the Post Office. I suspect that is due to it being under 8 pounds as that is a first for my regular NS food Deliveries. I say regular food as I have had Missing items come that way in the past.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/08/2016 100%

Hi
    It was 50 Degrees this morning a change for the colder from yesterdays temperature. It was Somewhat comfortable walking except when the gentle breeze blew. I walked 7958 steps today. I may end up turning on the heat in the near future as the house is starting to run cold. The Living Room was at 64 degrees when I returned from my walk.

As expected I had a decent step count Sunday due to my brother & I going to a Historical event. I reached over my minimum goal of 10K steps for the day :)

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    Options

10/10/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It was 43 Degrees this morning a change for the colder from yesterdays temperature. It was So-So for comfort walking, I tried out the Electric Hand warmer today. It worked OK, It would have done a better job if I had used mittens so it could nestle down by the fingers rather than the gloves I wore. I walked 8,065 steps today. I ended up turning on the heat as the house is cold this morning, the Living Room is at 60 degrees :(

Later today We will be going out back and bagging up plant materials from the parts of the garden that have gone by earlier and pulling some more that have reached the end of the line. What is left that is still growing are the Eggplants although what is on them is likely to be all there is. The Beets and Sweet potatoes which are most likely done growing too as the leaves are starting to turn. The Tomatoes seem to be finished too.

I had a decent step count Monday reaching my minimum goal of 10K+ steps for the day :)

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/11/2016 100%

Hi
    It was 49 Degrees this morning a change to the warmer from yesterdays temperature. It was comfortable walking and due to unforseen circumstances I walked 4435 steps today. Yesterday I ended up with 10.5K steps.
    I did get my shopping done at the Grocery Store, 4 Bananas, 4 Honey Crisp Apples, 3 Mineola Oranges and 2 D'Anjou Pears and a 10% discount :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/12/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It was in the 50s this morning a change to the warmer from yesterdays temperature. I won't be walking today. long story for another day so I'm siting here drinking my coffee made with a store bought blend of Decaf & Regular coffee. The rest of today's coffee is in a Thermos Bottle From my Brother. Since I had added that to the unused portion of the previous can of coffee I'm going to call it 1/4 Decaf and 3/4 Regular Coffee. For ease of use when I open a can I pour it into the Big can I use to hold it.

Today is not all that bright out and as it approaches 8AM the front porch is only running 53 degrees.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/13/2016 100%

Hi
    It is 48 degrees this morning a small change from yesterdays temperature. I won't be walking today. I'll be siting here drinking my coffee. This is the rest of yesterdays coffee that I need to Microwave.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/14/2016 100%

Hi
    It is 42 degrees this morning a change to the colder from yesterdays temperature. I won't be walking today. I'll be siting here drinking my coffee. This is the rest of Thursdays coffee that I need to Microwave since I went to the bank Yesterday and stopped at McDonalds for a large black coffee instead of heating the leftover coffee.

Forecast today for the 60s, warmer tomorrow and parts of NJ had a frost warning for the overnight Friday into Saturday morning. First one of those that I can remember for this season.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/15/2016 100%

Hi
    It is 48 degrees this morning a change to the warmer from yesterdays temperature. I wnt walking today for 5149 steps. As I was walking I felt well enough to a little further than I had originally planned to go which was a Boomerang visit for Coffee and back home. :)

Forecast today for the Upper 60s, warmer tomorrow, parts of NJ had a frost warning for the overnight Friday into Saturday morning. I did not see any frost Saturday morning, however it must have been cold enough to kill off the Zucchini plants as they looked wilted Saturday Morning.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/16/2016 100%

Hi
    It is 62 degrees this morning a decent change to the warmer from yesterdays temperature. I went walking today for 7419 steps. As I was walking I felt well enough to walk further than yesterday.

Forecast today for the upper 70s to 80. Warmer thru Wednesday

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/17/2016 100%

Hi
    It is 60 degrees this morning, a strange change from yesterdays temperature since today is forecast to be warmer. I went walking today for 9,392 steps. As I was walking I felt well enough to walk further than yesterday however I think I overdid it slightly as I was moving slow towards the end of the walk :)

Forecast today for the in the 80s. Warmer thru Wednesday

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/18/2016 100%

Hi
    It is 69 degrees this morning, a change from yesterdays temperature to the warmer. I went walking today for 9,883 steps + 1 Cents. As I was walking I felt well enough to walk further than yesterday however I may have overdid it slightly as I was moving slow towards the end of the walk :)

Forecast today for the in the 85 degrees. Thursday should be much cooler overnight and for the days high temperature. I stopped and Picked up 2 Honey Crisp Apples and a Banana to fill out my inventory of fruit to take me to Sunday. I hope to get out to CostCo Friday or Saturday for Kleenex and Frozen Vegetables.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

Here are the Theme songs form a couple of British Comedies that ran for years that I enjoy watching.
    Last of the Summer Wine.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xhA5CbxuRI&list=RDaHtBUeXoyv4&index=4
    Dad's Army
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvr6X054xLY&index=6&list=RDaHtBUeXoyv4
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/20/2016 100%

Hi
    It is 65 degrees this morning and cloudy. I went walking today for 8,632 steps and One Shiny Penny that was just sitting there calling my name :)
    Forecast today if for the weather to turn cooler and stay colder In through next week.

I broke down and ordered a Kindle when it was on sale for $50. It came and I set it up yesterday and added a bunch of free titles, including the First Harry Potter Book.
    I had some trouble with it not turning on and had to do the full reset to get to the setting it up screen. Then it was fine all day. This morning once again I would hit the power button and the green light would flash on and off and it did not power on again. Holding the power button until the green light flashed and then releasing it brought up a screen with the options of reset, cancel etc. And it was OK again.
    I will be on the email to support later on as it appears that it is defective. I am sure this is not normal operation for a new device :(

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/20/2016 100%

Hi
    It is 68 degrees this morning and very cloudy, Warmer than yesterday, hmmm... I went walking today for 8701 steps.
    Forecast today is for rain to move in later on.

MFP seems to be having some problems this morning too.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/21/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It is 52 degrees this morning cloudy and rainy, 16 degrees colder than yesterday, I went walked today for 8,999 steps One shy of 9K.
    Forecast today is for rain and later today windy. I geared up for the walk in in a medium weight long sleeve sweatshirt and my Frogg Toggs and of course gloves and was OK. The rain hitting the Hood on the Jacket sounded just like scratches on a record would :)

I was Listening to a Charlie Chan movie soundtrack while walking. One line stuck in my head. Someone told him he needs to use a Lie Detector, His answer, I have a Instant Lie detector, I'm married :)

The MFP problems yesterday are likely related to the DDOS that was on the news.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/22/2016 100%

Hi
    It is 47 degrees this morning and sunny. I went walking today for 8,149 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 60s.

The Frightmare on 16th Street Haunted house a family tradition for 31 years

http://hudsonreporter.com/view/full_story/2414119/article-The-Frightmare-on-16th-Street-Haunted-house-a-family-tradition-for-31-years
    Tom Cannella grew up with 1950s science fiction and horror movies
    Cannella, whose home has become something of a local legend.

Kids and adults line up for almost a month before Halloween to see what he will come up with next.

"I started out small and just added something every year," Cannella said.

Most of the additions have some interactive component, such as a moving arm or characters that suddenly come alive whenever someone comes near.

"I don't let anybody into the house," he said. "But we put up barricades and let people walk by the house."

People do, often lining up to wait their turn, especially on Halloween.

The interactive elements are only part of the fun. Over the years, family members and friends have joined in what amounts to a large Halloween party by dressing up. This year, their pet dog, Odie, dressed up as a lobster, and Cannella's grandson, Brandon, dressed up as Nemo.

He's mad!!!

This year, Cannella added a mad scientist to the collection that features over 50 separate interactive items. Some of the life-sized figures are from manufacturer's catalogues, but some are Cannella's own creations, with family members supplying him with clothing and other items.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    Options

10/23/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It is 52 degrees this morning and sunny, we did have a light rain overnight, not enough to get the ground wet under the trees:) I went walking today for 9,030 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 60s.
    NEWS from Friday
    Human bones found in Wis. haunted house

http://abc7chicago.com/news/human-bones-found-in-wis-haunted-house/1566569/
    Friday, October 21, 2016 11:59AM
    GREEN BAY, Wis. --
    Haunted houses are supposed to be scary.

But, something truly unsettling was found at one in Wisconsin, WFRV-TV reports.

"This right here is where you enter into the hallway and Catacombs room," said Miranda Schutt, social media coordinator. "And then we have the full skeleton here. Upon closer look we realized those are not fake bones."

Two real human skeletons joined Halloween goers as they walked through a room lined with fake skulls.

"When we pulled the caskets out of storage that's when we realized there were skeletons in there," Schutt said.

The two 19th century coffins were donated years ago.

"We don't really know the era of the casket. We are guessing it's maybe from the 1900s, but we do know," one worker said.

And until this season, the caskets had been tucked away in the haunted house storage. That was until this year's remodel of the main haunt near Green Bay prompted Terror on the Fox staff to open up the vintage caskets for the first time.

"They are definitely medical skeletons, I mean, one skeleton is totally intact," Schutt said.

I have been adding a little treat to my daily foods since I am now working at maintenance. Yesterday I had a Extra Black Plum at lunch and mid afternoon I had a snack bag of Lays Potato Chips, 160 calories 170mg sodium and 15g carbs. I had been having a bit of a craving for something salty so those hit the spot.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    Options

10/24/2016 100%

Hi
    It is 46 degrees this morning and sunny, with a hard freeze forecast for parts of NJ Tonight. I walked today for 8,696 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 50s :(

Today's news info :)
    More Information and Pictures by following the link below.
    The ship that saved 7 during 'Perfect Storm' to be sunk off N.J.
    https://www.navytimes.com/articles/the-ship-that-saved-7-during-perfect-storm-to-be-sunk-off-nj
    The USS Zuni survived the submarine-infested waters of the Pacific during World War II as it towed torpedoed warships to safety and aided in the Battle of Iwo Jima.

A half-century later and renamed the Tamaroa, it overcame gale force winds and 40-foot waves to help save seven people off the New England coast, a rescue effort immortalized in the book and film “The Perfect Storm.”

But the Tamaroa could not conquer time.

This ship that has made so much history will soon be sunk off the southern coast of New Jersey to help expand an artificial reef that attracts both scuba divers and anglers. A decade long effort to turn the ship into a museum and memorial was derailed when the Tamaroa’s hull sprung a leak four years ago, causing significant damage to key parts of the ship.

The man who commanded the ship during the 1991 “Perfect Storm” said sinking the Tamaroa is a better outcome than being demolished for scrap metal, a common ending for old service ships.

“It’s always sad when you sink a ship, but some good will come of it,” retired Coast Guard Capt. Larry Brudnicki said. “It’s being repurposed. It’s being used. If it’s cut up, who’s going to know that their razor blade came from the Tamaroa?”

New Jersey and Delaware officials say the 205-foot ship will help expand their joint deepwater reef 25 miles south of Cape May Point by attracting large game fish and aiding the Garden State’s $1.7 billion recreational fishing industry.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/25/2016 100%

Hi
    It is showing 42 degrees this morning and it is sunny, OTOH there was frost on the cars. I walked today for 7,995 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 50s :(
    And there is a chance of the first snow of the season in the northwest corner of the state for tomorrow when the rain moves in for the rest of us.

Today's grocery store stop was Bananas, Pears and Black Plums for me and Ground Cinnamon for my brother. He uses it in his Oatmeal and naturally the 10% discount :)

I have seen a similar sight in town while walking, When I went to take a picture the batteries in the camera were dead :( so here is a very similar image from the Internet :)
    PUgwbf.jpg

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi
    It is showing 46 degrees this morning and it was cloudy starting out, Then that turned into a drizzle followed by a light rain on the way back. OTOH there was a touch of snow in a news broadcast from up North o where I am so it could be worse, Probably not so good for the morning commute up that way. I walked today for 7,714 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 50s :(
    The chance of the first snow of the season in the northwest corner of the state forecast for today appears to have come true.

I should mention that the Dining Room table is 1/2 covered with Drying Sweet Potatoes from the garden, some of which got a little large at almost 2 pounds each. The last of the tomatoes are sitting there, Mainly green right now so I am hoping they turn ripe. Not much else to do with Cherry tomatoes that are green I suspect.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roge