100% Challenge - Mon 5/23 to Until - Join Anytime!

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

10/27/2016 100%

Hi
    It is showing 46 degrees this morning and cloudy, The rain has moved out overnight. I walked today for 8,422 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 50s :(
    And the chance of the first snow of the season in the northwest corner of the state for Thursday happened with rain for the rest of us.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/28/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It is showing 40 degrees this morning, I walked today for 9,666 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 60s.
    f16pql.gif

RlOK1Z.gif
    About how I feel when I look at the news as I reach for the Mute or skip button on the remote
    Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    Options

10/29/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It is showing 60 degrees this morning quite a bit warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 8,871 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 60s. No sunshine yet either.

Yesterday while walking I had a Deer running around on the street ahead of me for part of my walk. It would run ahead, freeze in place until I got to close and run again :) Then a little further on I saw the Blue Heron standing motionless in the brook waiting for it's breakfast to swim past.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/30/2016 100%

Hi
    It is showing 48 degrees this morning somewhat cooler than yesterday's 60 degrees for the same time, I walked today for 7.7K steps. The forecast high for today is 56. We had Thunderstorms roll through Yesterday twice with a short break in-between and short lived heavy rain and some wind.

Yesterday when I returned from walking I browsed through the Garden area and picked a few small Raspberries, There may be a few more that will ripen as they are almost there. I also picked the last of the Green Beans. The rest of the garden is done and the leaves on the Fig Trees are curling from the previous frost.

soa7jx2buurg.gif

Have a Great Halloween
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/31/2016 100%

Hi
    It is showing 38 degrees this morning 10 degrees cooler than yesterday's 48 degrees for the same time, I walked today for 8.8K steps. The forecast high for today is around 61. Tomorrows high is predicted to be 71 and Thursdays for 73 degrees.

We gave out 50cent coins AKA Kennedy 1/2 dollars. We went through 59 dollars of them. We ended up with 118 Trick or Treaters before we closed up for the night. All were in nice costumes too. FWIW we give out money for three reasons, leftovers never spoil :), No temptation to overeat with them, and carrying on Moms tradition of doing it, we just adjusted up the amount from a quarter to a half dollar.
    Now it is time to de-decorate from Halloween and look for the Thanksgiving window decoration

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/01/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It was showing 52 degrees this morning quite a bit warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 9k steps. The forecast high for today is 70.

I need to remove the Halloween decorations today :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/02/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 57 degrees this morning a bit warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 13.9k steps. The forecast high for today is in the 70s. The steps are high as I went back out to go to the bank that opens at 9AM :)

I picked a handful of Raspberries this morning after my walk. It seems that the frost has not hurt them that way sop far. They are the only thing left growing in the garden now.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/03/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 54 degrees this morning a bit cooler than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 9,590 steps. I stopped at the Grocery Store and picked up some Bananas for Sunday through Wednesday morning and 2 Black Plums. The Bananas I picked out are a little green and I did that so I could use the last one from my last purchase tomorrow while they start to ripen up.

I saw a similar sign while walking :)

y8or42dlya7q.jpg

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/04/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 43 degrees this morning quite a bit cooler than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 8.3k steps + 1 cent.

Don't forget to set Your clocks back tonight :)

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/05/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 52 degrees this morning warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 8,469 steps + 1 cent. I have spent a few minutes changing the time on all the clocks.
    I also did a manual sync on he FitBit Zip to get the clock in it set properly as that is what I use when walking.

While walking I passed by items set out ahead of the Bulk pickup. I passed a Defunct Leaf Blower and Weed Whacker and in other locations a dead Vacuum Cleaner and a Entertainment center that is most likely to narrow for today's Widescreen TV sets.

Did everybody remember to set Your clocks back at 2AM :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger

1GU9Hf.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/06/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 38 degrees this morning colder than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 8,094 steps + 3 cents. I missed changing the time on the clocks in the Basement, those are the ones in the work area and the Wall clock & Digital Clock in the room with that computer :)

According to UMass Lowell’s survey report
    https://www.uml.edu/News/press-releases/2016/odyssey-poll-10182016.aspx
    Nearly a quarter of Americans ages 18 to 35 would rather see a giant meteor strike the Earth than see either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump in the White House, according to the new UMass Lowell/Odyssey Millennials poll released today.

The poll asked millennials to choose their preference between Clinton as president, Trump as president, a random lottery to choose the president from all U.S. citizens, Barack Obama appointing himself to a life term as president or a giant meteor striking Earth and extinguishing all human life. Over a Clinton or Trump presidency, 39 percent of those surveyed said they preferred Obama serve a life term; 26 percent prefer a random lottery to choose the next president and 23 percent (nearly 1 in 4) prefer a giant meteor strike.

Remember that tomorrow is election day.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/07/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 38 degrees this morning the same as yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 9,161 steps and no cents. I missed changing the time on the clocks in the Basement Again ") , those are the ones in the work area and the Wall clock & Digital Clock in the room with that computer :)

Today despite starting out cold is predicted to be in the high 60s, Yea!

I went by the polling location on my morning walk on the way to get my coffee and voted this election day. They seemed busy too.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/0/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 52 degrees this morning warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 8,954 steps +26 cents. I have still missed changing the time on the clocks in the Basement, those are the ones in the work area and the Wall clock & Digital Clock in the room with that computer :)

I did stop for some Fruit today on my walk, Bananas were 29 cents a pound and the Gala & Fuji Apples were $1.29 a pound FWIW. I had a couple of stray rain drops land on me, So far the forecast rain has not arrived however.

I took along my New Yeti 30 ounce insulated cup for my Coffee refill. Best Cup yet for holding the heat. heavy however as it is All Stainless steel except for the lid that is sealed with a Heavy O-Ring and nice and thick too.

I will say that after using The Yeti for one day, Today, I went on Amazon and ordered a handle for it that should be here Friday. The cup weighs just over 1 pound empty.

http://yeti.com/rambler-30/?gclid=COvX48rim9ACFUhYDQodocYFCQ
    Days on the dock are made better with the Rambler™ 30 oz. Tumbler. It’ll keep your dinnertime drink cool well past sundown or your coffee nice and hot throughout the morning. The Rambler 30 oz. Tumbler is made of 18/8 kitchen-grade stainless steel, has double-wall vacuum insulation, and No Sweat™ Design. Which means that you’ve got one heavy-duty, over-engineered stainless steel tumbler on your hands with the Rambler. It’s dishwasher safe, BPA-free, and ready for just about anything.
    List price is $39.99, It was bought at the Efinger Sporting Goods closing and liquidation sale at a decent discount.

NY Times Presidential Election Results
    http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president
    Presidential Election Results: Donald J. Trump Wins
    Nov. 9, 2016, 8:04 AM ET
    Hillary Clinton 218
    Donald J. Trump 279

Hopefully this is the end of all the pre election drama :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/09/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 42 degrees this morning out the door 10 degrees colder than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 7.2k steps and No cents. I changed the time on the clocks in the Basement Yesterday, Who said I procrastinate :)

As I sit here I am copying some DVDs I created several years ago onto a hard drive prior to extracting the music from them to put on my iPod.

Sadly the election being done was not the end of all the election drama :(

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger

• RogerToo
    Options

11/10/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 46 degrees this morning warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 7.3K steps

I Am still getting a few Raspberries off of the one plant. I suspect that will end tonight as we are supposed to get a Hard Freeze. If I'm right, a shame as it has a bunch of unripened berries on it :(

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/11/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 38 degrees this morning 8 degrees cooler than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 8.6K steps. It was also somewhat windy when I went out the door. I did not see any signs of frost so that is a good think IMO.

My Plan for today is Pry up more of the old Kitchen Tiles on the floor. Other than that, nothing comes to mind. Laundry was done on Thursday.

FWIW the handle for the Cup came yesterday and I tried it this morning. It was a big help, The cup was a bit heavy until I drank some of the Coffee :)

I have been a bit short on my steps the last couple of days as my knees were bothering me somewhat. A light bulb went off over my head and I looked at my shoes, Soles were worn out on the outside edge due to the way I walk so I pulled out a new pair and wore them today. Much better :)

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/12/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 37 degrees this morning 1 whole degree cooler than yesterday for the same time, I walked 9,629 steps. That shows what a difference the new shoes make. I buy the same brand and shoe as they fit from the start and do not need to be broken in. Now that I have opened the box and put them into use I need to order their replacement :) I checked, still available

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2016
    Options

11/13/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 37 degrees this morning the same as yesterday for the same time, I walked 7,470 steps. I stopped at the Grocery Store and picked up 2 Bananas, 2 Honey Crisp Apples to last me until discount day on Wednesday as well as 3 Poblano Peppers and a head a lettuce for my brother. That seems fair to me since he picked up Light & Fit Greek Yogurt for me yesterday :)

Just Wow!
    18th century statue destroyed by selfie-taking tourist
    By Sarah Mulé | Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:13 PM

LISBON, Portugal, Nov. 11 (UPI) -- A priceless 300-year-old statue in Lisbon's National Museum of Ancient Art shattered after it was knocked over by a Brazilian tourist trying to snap a selfie.

Museum officials said the statue of Saint Michael, which dates back to the early 1700s, is broken beyond repair.

The offending tourist reportedly posted a photo of the destroyed statue to Facebook and said, "It's the price to be paid for free entrances on the first Sunday of every month'

If you thought this story sounded familiar, that's because it does: In May, another tourist destroyed a different Lisbon statue while posing for a selfie, in that case atop the Rossio train station in the capital.

No Remorse there from the sound of it.

Did Everybody see the Super Moon last night?

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/14/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 48 degrees this morning 11 degrees warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked 7.895 steps. The weather is rainy today or I mightg have gone somewhat further. It is not a heavy rain, it is raining enough to be a nuisance however :)
    Princeton Polling Expert Who Called Election Wrong Eats a Bug on CNN to Honor Promise
    Dr. Sam Wang, founder of the Princeton Election Consortium, proved he is a man of his word on Saturday when he ate a bug on CNN.
    “It’s totally over. If Trump wins more than 240 electoral votes, I will eat a bug,” Wang tweeted on October 18.

On CNN last Saturday, three days before the election, Wang doubled down on that promise.
    “Dr. Wang, you were so sure of the outcome you tweeted recently that you would ‘eat a bug’ if Donald Trump pulled this thing out. Now that was pre-Comey, the latest Comey revelation, but it is that still your view?” CNN’s Michael Smerconish asked Wang on November 5.
    “Yeah, what I said in that tweet was that Trump was unlikely to break 240 electoral votes and I think that’s pretty much the same. Honestly, this race is the most stable statistically since Eisenhower beat Stevenson in ’52. So I think things are looking the same and we should stay calm,” Wang responded.

Wang also said the odds were about four to one in favor of the Democrats winning control of the Senate. On election day, however, Republicans maintained their Senate majority.

On Saturday, Wang delivered on his promise, live on CNN.
    “What about the bug?” Smerconish asked, with a broad smile on his face.
    “Can you see this?” Wang responded.
    “This is a can of gourmet style crickets. Gourmet from the point of view of a pet, I should say,” Wang said as he held up a small can for the camera.
    “I’m told that it’s a great source of protein,” he added.
    “Now, Mike, you really want me to do this,” Wang asked.
    Smerconish did not let him off the hook.
    “I kind of would,” Smerconish answered. “Let’s put it to bed, once and for all.”
    “Like John the Baptist in the wilderness, he ate locusts and honey. So I regard myself as being in the wilderness a little. After all, I was wrong. A lot of people were wrong, but nobody else made the promise I did,” Wang said.
    “See this, here it goes,” Wang said, as he stuck a spoon into a bowl he held in his left hand, scooped up a cricket, placed it in his mouth, and swallowed the bug.
    “You’re a man of your word, Dr. Wang. How was it, by the way?” Smerconish asked.
    “Kind of mostly honeyish, a little nutty,” Wang responded.
    “You delivered, OK? You’re a man of your word. I appreciate it. It was sensationalistic, but it was worth it.” Smerconish said.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/15/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 43 degrees this morning , I have walked 7,918 steps. The rain yesterday amounted to more than the forecast.

I checked to Raspberry Bushes and Yea, I found 8 ready to eat and a possibility of a few more. It seems that the frost we have had has not harmed them :)
    I also stopped and picked up some Bananas, $0.19 a pound, A hard to beat price and then 10% off of that :):)
    I am also still eating a few Cherry Tomatoes as they slowly ripen on the counter from the garden. We picked what was left before the hard freeze a little while ago.

I know from Observation and from the news that some NJ towns have painted a Blue line down the middle of the road. Anywhere else?
    http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/10/thin_blue_line_road_pennsylvan.html
    Thin blue lines painted on roadways? They appear in N.J. to support police, unlikely in Pa.
    The Thin Blue Line.

Most of us have heard the expression. It's often used to describe those few who protect the rest of us from crime and chaos.

But thin blue lines are beginning to show up on roadways around the country – and in some cases, they're running right down the middle of the road, between two thicker, yellow lines.

Is it a sign of support for local police departments? Or can it be a point of confusion – and even be a safety concern -- for drivers?

"I think there are appropriate ways to show support, and people should pursue those appropriate ways," said Greg Penny, spokesman for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation's District 8, which includes the Harrisburg region.

Blue lines between solid, yellow lines haves have been seen recently in New Jersey, but Penny said this is not permitted on state-owned roads in Pennsylvania.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger