100% Challenge - Mon 5/23 to Until - Join Anytime!

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

12/22/2016 100%

Hi
    Out the door it was showing 37 degrees, That means it was slightly warmer than Yesterday. I walked 8.6K steps and @ cents today and 1 cent found later in the day yesterday and there was little wind today. Outdoors it is a sunny looking day, The forecast is for Rain moving in near tomorrow morning.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/22/these-are-the-most-hated-words-in-america/
    POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. — A poll has found that the most annoying word or phrase used in casual conversation in America is “whatever.”

The Marist College poll released Wednesday indicates the word irritates 38 percent of Americans.

The pollsters offered up five options for most annoying word or phrase: “Whatever,” ”No offense, but,” ”Ya know, right,” ”I can’t even” and “huge.”

“No offense, but” is second with 20 percent. In third place is, “You know, right,” which is irksome to 14 percent of people, tied with “I can’t even.” ”Huge” grates on the nerves of 8 percent.

“Whatever” is losing some steam, though. Last year it topped the list at 43 percent.

Age matters. Among Americans under 30, “I can’t even” takes top honors.

The Dec. 1-9 survey of 1,005 adults has a sampling error margin of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.
    Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

12/23/2016 100%

Hi
    I did not go out walking Today, maybe later for a little ways if/when the rain stops, I walked twice yesterday for a total of 21,390 steps. I decided to go out twice so I could skip today's walk if the forecast for rain by the time I would be heading out the door was correct. Outdoors it is a gray looking day and raining. I am at 78,590 steps since Sunday :) That means I am past my goal if 70K steps for the 7 day period.

There is baking in the interior forecast, 2 Pies, More Fruit Cakes since we had all of the ingredients and no sense wasting all the different expensive dried fruits. We have Foodsaver bag material that can be used to vacuum seal a 10 inch pie or larger so I'm sure that will happen.

Have a Great Christmas Eve
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2016
    Options

12/24/2016 100%

Hi
    I did go out walking Today for a total of 9,129 steps. I went to Dunkin Donuts for my Coffee, Closed :( so I went to my alternate that never closes, 7-Eleven for the coffee. I swung by the local grocery store to see if they were opem or closed, They were Closed no surprise :)

The baking is done. That would be the Sweet Potato Pie using a recipe where it uses Plain Yogurt and is topped with chopped Pecans, More Fruit Cakes since we had all of the ingredients and a Bacardi Rum Cake using this recipe to see how it tastes as it is something new to us.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/bacardi-rum-cake-14499
    I had to do a few changes to the recipe as the Yellow Cake Mix weighed less than the Recipe calls for. I added a little flour to bring the weight up and I used French Vanilla Pudding mix as that was what we had. Probably the largest change was when I went to make it I realized we did not have cooking oil so I substituted Olive Oil. The Batter tasted good, Hopefully when we slice into it today it tastes good too.

I got an addition to help me walk in this weather, Heated Mittens. The nice thing is that being mittens I can also add a Electric Hand warmer into the mitten for really cold weather if the high heat setting is not enough or I plan to be out beyond the 2.5 hours battery life when set to high. If I had been thinking ahead better I would have gotten these instead of trying the heated Gloves :(

Have a Great Christmas Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

12/25/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    I was out walking Today for 8K steps. I stopped at the Grocery store for two bananas and 3 Bartlett Pears. I bought light as today is only 5% off versus Wednesdays 10% Senior Discount. Outdoors it is a gray looking day some precipitation in the forecast. Traffic on the roads is very light this morning.

The Holiday baking was taste tested yesterday :) Final report, I liked the Bacardi Rum cake much better than the Sweet Potato Pie. Sadly the Rum Cake is so much more expensive to make due to the cost of the ingredients.

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

12/26/2016 100%

Hi
    I was out walking Today for 10.9K steps. The temperature out the door was 55 degrees and mow 2+ hours later it is all the way up to 56t degrees. The forecast high is 60 degrees before it starts falling to the 30s overnight. Today I was fine in just Gloves and the Hoodie and left the hood down :) Outdoors it is a gray looking day some precipitation must have fallen overnight as everything was wet. Traffic on the roads is light this morning too.

Today I need to vacuum seal the slices of Rum Cake I put in the freezer yesterday as well as Portion out most of the remaining Ham to Vacuum Seal and Freeze for later use, Not to mention to reduce temptation to indulge AKA Overeat.

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

12/27/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    I was out walking Today for 9K of steps. I stopped at the Grocery store for Seven Bananas, a Cup of Ruby Red Grapefruit slices and a pack of White Meat Chicken since today is Wednesday and the 10% Senior Discount. Outdoors it is a gray looking day some precipitation in the forecast for Tomorrow. Traffic on the roads is still light this morning.

While walking the other day I saw one of the Vultures that live in this area feeding.

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

12/28/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    I was out walking Today for 9.6K of steps. Since today's forecast was for Snow turning to rain depending on where the snow line started and I was having trouble falling back to sleep I decided let me get a early start on my walking. Success, I beat the weather back home. One thing that made me get going was the Porch showing 31 degrees. Outdoors it is a gray looking day and as of 8AM some precipitation is falling. From looking at the Weather report it appears that we are on the line between Snow and Rain, just as well I did get out early. Traffic on the roads was still light this morning. The traffic reports mention slippery going to the north and west.

While walking past the Brook below the dam the lights from the park looked nice reflected on it and then as I approached the lake I said to myself "What the heck is that floating on the surface", Surprising me it turned out to be lots of Geese sitting and swimming there. I see them flying overhead mornings with their non melodious honking noise, I did not recall seeing them in the lake like that, usually I see them walking in the park or flying overhead :)

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

12/29/2016 100%

Hi
    I was out walking Today for 8K of steps. I Noticed that the roads and sidewalks had a glitter from frost this morning. The footing was OK except in a couple of areas where traffic through puddles had splashed and then frozen overnight. I was able to easily detour around those areas. Traffic on the roads is still light this morning.

I just had my first NS Chocolate Turboshake this morning :(
    It is drinkable however it is not as good as the NS Protein shake was and I will not be reordering them when the four boxes they substituted are used up. It leave a bit of a after taste too. Tomorrow I will be using the first of the NS Vanilla Turboshakes that they also substituted in my last order. I do have 2 more packets of the discontinued NS Coffee protein shake and I will be treating myself to one Sunday Morning and the other the following Sunday.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

12/30/2016 100%

Hi
    I was out walking Today for 9.6K of steps. It was 30 degrees out the door and a little chilly while walking.

I just had my first NS Vanilla Turboshake this morning :(
    It is drinkable however it is not as good as the NS Protein shake was and I will not be reordering them when the four boxes they substituted are used up. If I had been thinking ahead I would have saved some of the Banana I ate before setting out to blend in with it. Maybe the next time, However for the next few days I will be taste testing the assorted flavors of ready to drink Protein drinks from the Grocery Store.

Have a Good New Years Eve
    Roger
    Tk97Rd.jpg

xO2FSL.jpg

s6Aadl.jpg

XZXoDo.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options

12/31/2016 100%

Hi
    I was out walking Today for 9.1K steps + 1 Cent. The temperature was 43 degrees this morning and Sunny. Rain in the forecast for Monday.

I went to be around 10PM as I was tired. I Woke up around Midnight to the sound of people in the Neighborhood firing Guns into the Air :)

I am drinking a Atkins Cafe Caramel Protein Shake right now. It is just as I remembered it being Tasty if somewhat Higher in calories than than the old NS Protein shakes were. It is higher than the replacement shakes too by 30 calories.

Have a Good New Years Day and a Healthy, Happy upcoming Year
    Roger
    rIoKoC.jpg
    eLP8O6.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/01/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking Today for 8,564step. The temperature was 34 degrees this morning and the forecast rain arrived just as I was heading out the door :)
    It was not too bad out so I did get ny walking in. I was afraid it might be icy with slippery footing. Luckily for me that is only happening North of where I am. Traffic is very light today, It is even lighter than yesterday morning. It seemed weird to see the lightest traffic day of the Christmas to New Years holiday.

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/02/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking Today for 7,965steps. The temperature was 39 degrees this morning and the Overnight rain had moved out leaving light misting in the air when I was heading out the door. There was some moderate gusts of wind too, that made today's walk less comfortable than yesterdays despite the lack of rain and the warmer temperatures :)

I stopped at the Grocery store while walking and bought a head of Lettuce, White Onions and Small Tomatoes for my Brother and 5 Bananas, 2 Smallish Plums and some slices of Swiss Cheese to go with the Ham in the wrap. I only need 1/2 slice for taste so that will be 25 calories of Swiss, 60 calories of Ham and 60 calories of Wrap + a smear of Miracle Whip for taste to make up my SC + PF serving.

The Scale was nice to me this morning for the second day after the New Years Eve Eats. Today I tried some Fresh Blueberries in the Vanilla Turboshake and that did help somewhat :)

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/03/2017 100%

Hi
    I did the Three town walk today where I leave my town and clip the corners of two other towns before returning to my town. While I was out walking Today I did 9,935steps. The temperature was 42 degrees this morning and the overnight rain had stopped, However the ground was still wet and it is just now starting to dry up 2+ hours later.

Traffic was heavy and noisy due to driving on the wet roads. Later on today after a forecast high of 50 or higher a Cold front moves in with overnight lows in the 20s and a wind chill in the Teens :(

Lucky me despite a small cheat yesterday the scale was kind to me this morning. OTOH I did try and compensate for it with no afternoon snack or Evening desert and a low calorie NS Dinner Entree, The Beef Stew at 130 calories. What small cheat am I referring to ? My Brother went to a meeting yesterday and brought home some Chicken breast of which I at 1/2 as my Lunch PF and Some tasty Macaroni & Cheese :)
    From what the scale indicated this morning it appears I did a decent job of compensating.

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/04/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking Today and I did 7.4K steps. The temperature was 28 degrees this morning a fair decrease from yesterday morning and a somewhat bitter feel to it due to the breeze.

Later on overnight we have snow in the forecast into Friday morning :(

I am taking the Green Hornet files from Yesterday and adjusting the level so they all play back without my having to increase or decrease the volume from episode to episode. Some of them need a increase of over 7 db to keep them from playing back at to low a level. I am also adjusting them to be compatible with the iPod as it seems somewhat finicky regarding Sample rates and the bit rates. That problem or need started cropping up late last year after a iTunes update.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/05/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking Today and I did 4K steps AKA 1/2 of my normal step count since a little way into the walk the footing was getting slippery. The temperature was 28 degrees this morning the same as Yesterdays. It snowed overnight, possibly an inch +/- around here.

We have snow in the forecast for Saturday morning too, Possibly deeper than today's snowfall :( So far they seem to be saying 2 to 7 inches and they still are not sure as it seems to depend on the track it takes.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/06/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I went out early for my walking Today and I did 9,675 steps. The temperature was 24 degrees this morning and more of a wind then yesterdays It has not started to snow yet although there is snow in the forecast for this morning.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/07/2017 100%

Hi
    I went out for some of my walking Today and I did 4100 steps Outdoors. I have done some more walking indoors with more to come and I am now up to 5700 steps. The temperature was 15 degrees this morning and more of a wind and thus wind chill then yesterday. It to snow between 9:30 and 10AM yesterday. This morning according to the weather report nearby they had 2.8" of snow, My Brother believes that we had over 4" here. We went out shoveling twice yesterday once around 3:30 and for a final shoveling around 7:30PM as the snow had finished falling.

I decided to go out today for two reasons, The first reason was I wanted to get some walking in before the traffic packed it down into slippery conditions. The second reason was to pick up Fruit at the Grocery Store where I picked up 8 nicely greenish Bananas so they should last well in the refrigerator, Two types of Apples and D'Anjou Pears for a total of 6 pieces. Last but not least some sliced Ham that will work to stay on plan as the PF to go with the SC Wrap as a mid-morning snack.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/08/2017 100%

Hi
    I went out for some of my walking Today and I did 7K steps Outdoors. Yesterday I did some more walking indoors and I am ended up with 7.8K steps. The temperature was showing 5.7 degrees this morning and that was on the closed in porch that gets some warmth through the wall of the house and runs warmer than outdoors.
    I picked up Eggs, a head of Lettuce and some frozen vegetables at the Grocery Store. Just as importantly it gave me a chance to warm up before heading for home.

I wore my Insulated Boots today, Those are the ones with a nice tread for traction and Rubber Bottoms with leather laced tops. They kept my feet warm and I was wearing four layers above the waist for warmth and even the heated Mittens were OK but not that warm today. However much better than the unheated ones I had used in the past.

Today's tasting is a EAS AdvantEdge Strawberry Cream Protein shake. 11 ounces, 100 Calories and 15G Protein and it tastes OK. A slight after taste but not bad. It sort of reminds me of the Muscle Milk Shake I had bought at CostCo in the past which had similar stats.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/09/2017 100%

Hi
    I went out my walking Today for 8,432 steps + 1 cent. Yesterday I did some more walking indoors and I am ended up with almost 11 K of steps. The temperature was showing 9 degrees this morning and that was on the closed in porch that gets some warmth through the wall of the house and runs warmer than outdoors. The footing was OK until the last block approaching the house where I had a foot slip on the Packed snow twice, No fall luckily.

I stopped at the grocery store and picked up some Large Curd Cottage Cheese. That gave me a chance to warm up before heading for home.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/10/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I went out for my walk today for 8,516 steps, yesterdays 1 cent was the first money I found this year while walking.
    It was a comparatively balmy as compared to the last two days 45 degrees this morning. The walk was more comfortable, no money I I did hit a few slippery spots where the snow had been packed down into ice and not melted away by the overnight rain and warming.

Later on The bank so I have the $ to go to CostCo for frozen vegetables, Apples, and a case(s) of protein shakes depending on flavors :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger