100% Challenge - Mon 5/23 to Until - Join Anytime!

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    01/11/2017 Not 100%
    [/COLOR][/B] [/size]
    Hi
    I went out for my walk today for ? steps + $0.50, my Fitbit did not record any steps beyond 28 steps :( , Temperature was 52 degrees.

Yesterday at CostCo I bought two bags of Normandy Style Mixed vegetables and Green Beans in the frozen vegetables area. Gala Apples, Anjou Pears and and a 10 pack case of Kleenex. As well as a case of each of Chocolate, Banana Cream and Vanilla protein shakes :) Two of the Protein shake cases which had $5 off applied at the register
    Ialso bought a paperback at $5.99 which is $ 4 off of list price. I passed on what looked like a Harry Potter hardcover when I noticed it was not written by J.K Rowling and is this one. The eighth installment of the Harry Potter series, the two-part play, "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" This one Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts One and Two (Special Rehearsal Edition)
    Book 8
    Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, a new play by Jack Thorne

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/12/2017 100%

Hi
    Today is not Your day if You suffer from Triskaidekaphobia :)

I went out for my walk today for 11.5K steps, The temperature was 54 degrees out the door. During the walk the temperature was dropping and the breeze increasing. Back out later with my brother driving for a little more running around.

They are talking about a Wintery Mix tomorrow on the radio :(

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/13/2017 100%

Hi
    I went out for my walk today for 9,900 steps + 10 cents, The temperature was 29 degrees out the door which is a 25 degree drop from yesterday for the same time. During the walk the temperature was dropping and the breeze increasing.

They are talking about Snow to a Wintry Mix today from inches to a coating depending on what part of the state. The southern portion getting it worse :( The latest weather forecast says moving in this afternoon.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

P.S. This part of the the entire post as posted below was from here: WFAA an ABC station
    http://www.wfaa.com/news/world/crazy-but-true-flight-666-lands-in-hel-on-friday-the-13th/385820638
    Crazy but true: Flight 666 lands in HEL on Friday the 13th
    In a bizarre Friday-the-13th coincidence, a flight bearing the number of the beast went straight to HEL today.

That’s right. Finnair Flight 666 took off from Copenhagen (CPH) and flew directly to Helsinki (HEL) on Friday.

Even better? The flight took off at 13:00 local time, according to Flightaware. The one-hour, 34-minute flight landed at HEL at 3:41 p.m. Helsinki time.

And it gets even wackier.

The Twitter account @Flightradar24, which tracks air traffic around the world, even pointed out the aircraft is 13 years old, according to its registration and serial number.

✈️️ Finnair flight 666, at 13 o'clock on Friday the 13th with a 13 year old aircraft, has landed safely in HELhttps://t.co/0kWfkcARmO pic.twitter.com/OPvpyyq4F4— Flightradar24 (@flightradar24) January 13, 2017
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/14/2017 100%

Hi
    I walked today for 8,100 steps and no, The temperature was 27 degrees out the door. The Snow was around 1.5 inches deep in a nearby town according to the weather forecast report. The streets and sidewalks are in decent shape overall. I did not come across anything to slippery while walking. I did keep a watch for where I placed my feet and steered clear of any places that looked like they might be slippery :)

I went back out yesterday afternoon to the Produce store and Dollar Store, walking in the snow. I decided to get out before it could get slippery and dark. I picked up a container of Cherry Tomatoes for my Brother and one of Blackberries for me as a change of pace. The freezer cases in the dollar store were pretty well picked over. I did pick up a couple of things, The Frozen Ready to eat Nathans Hot Dogs and Gourmet Meatballs :) for my brother to try. I ended up the day with 14K+ steps as a result.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/15/2017 100%

Hi
    No steps today, I suspect I am coming down with something and had a sleepless night. The temperature is 26 degrees outside. The Snow has disappeared from the streets and many of the yards, the exception being the yards in the northern side of houses.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/16/2017 100%

Hi
    I have walked in the house a little for 2K steps and plan to do more later, I was walking slower than usual as I am still feeling poorly. I decided I needed to do some walking as I am sure You lose it when You do not do it for a few days.
    The temperature was 39 degrees out the door. The previous Snowfall lingers on in the backyard where it is shaded by the house. Today's forecast of heavy rain will take care of that.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/17/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I have not walked today, I am still feeling poorly.Between the coughing and runny nose I decided I should not go infect others with whatever this is.
    The temperature was 38 degrees this morning, Yesterdays forecast of heavy rain was wrong. We had intermittent light rain and that was all.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/18/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I will be brief.

I have not walked today, I am still feeling poorly. Between the occasional coughing and runny nose I decided I should not go infect others with whatever this is. Add in the general feeling of weakness, It is amazing that something You can not even see has the effect on a person :(

The temperature was 39 degrees this morning, a 1 degree increase from yesterday. It is still gloomy looking out the window with cloudy skies. The Sun is forecast to make an appearance This afternoon, It has been a few days too.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/19/2017 100%

Hi
    I will be brief.

I have not walked today, Still feeling poorly. I am still feeling weak, It is amazing that something You can not even see has this effect on a person :(
    I hear the noises from the coffee maker have ceased so time to go get some.

The temperature was 42 degrees this morning, a 2 degree increase from yesterday. The Weather is warm enough and I can not get out there walking :( It is a gloomy looking day and the forecast is not looking good for any Sunshine today.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger

Truck company owner charged with evading $1 million in tolls
    [Associated Press]
    Associated PressJanuary 13, 2017

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — The owner of a New Jersey trucking company has been arrested while trying to board a flight to Aruba and charged with racking up more than $1 million of unpaid tolls and fees.

State police say Little Ferry resident Lester Morales was arrested at Newark Liberty International Airport on Thursday.

Police say Morales' EAB Transport LLC/Do it Right Trucking had 100 trucks going through tolls with a delinquent E-ZPass automatic payment account more than 100 times per day.

Morales is being held without bail at the Middlesex County jail and can't be reached there for comment.
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/20/2017 100%

Hi
    I have not walked today, OTOH I am feeling somewhat better. The temperature was 43 degrees. The Weather is warmer than normal lately. It is a gloomy looking day and the forecast is minimal if any Sunshine today.Then For Monday the forecast is for a Nor'easter, colder, windy, rainy.

The visibility was down this morning here too :) It did sort of rain overnight. According to Accuweather
    Currently 43° F RealFeel® 50° Cloudy and tomorrow, Sunday, Day 51°Hi RealFeel® 49° Precipitation 55%
    A thick cloud cover; areas of fog in the morning, then occasional rain and drizzle in the afternoon and on Monday
    44°Hi RealFeel® 30° Precipitation 80%
    Rain of varying rates, windy and cooler possible flooding on streets and poor drainage areas.

I have been getting more usage out of My bought on sale Kindle. I have loaded a bunch of free books onto available via Amazon. Although free may be a Misnomer. They are free with Prime :)
    Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

An Entire Mall in Pennsylvania Was Just Sold For $100
    Zamira Rahim
    Updated: Jan 19, 2017 4:39 PM UTC

A 1.1 million-square foot mall in Pennsylvania has been sold for an astonishing $100 at auction.

The Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills Mall, one of the largest in the state, was bought by Wells Fargo Bank, which foreclosed on the property last year, WPXI-TV reports. The bank was the only bidder for the property at the auction, the station reported, adding that Wells Fargo "essentially brought the mall from itself."

The mall, located about 20 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, was once worth $190 million but recently appraised at just $11 million. It was opened in 2005 after being developed by Zamias Services and Mills Corp., a Virginia firm that has since gone bankrupt.

Some speculated that Wells Fargo Bank would buy the mall and attempt to revive it, according to the Associated Press. The wire service reported that the mall remains open, though the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported that it was only 55 % occupied as of December.

The bank did not immediately comment on its plans when reached by The Associated Press.
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/21/2017 100%

Hi
    I have walked today for 5K steps, I was feeling somewhat better and I did need Bananas for Tuesday and with the Nor'easter in the forecast for Monday... I went out today. The temperature was 46 degrees. The Weather is warmer than normal lately. It is another gloomy looking day and the forecast is minimal if any Sunshine today. For Monday the forecast is for a Nor'easter, colder, windy, rainy.

I just looked at the Calendar and Social Security will be nice and early for the next two months on the 8th.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger

River of red Skittles coats Wisconsin highway
    Published 8:37 p.m. CT Jan. 18, 2017 | Updated 9:59 a.m. CT Jan. 19, 2017

A rain-soaked box aboard a flatbed pickup truck ruptured in Dodge County, coating a stretch of County Highway S in Beaver Dam with hundreds of thousands of red Skittles, the sheriff's office reported Wednesday.

Sheriff's deputies discovered the candy-covered roadway shortly before 9 p.m. Tuesday near Blackbird Road, according to a post on the Dodge County Sheriff's Office Facebook page.

The Dodge County Highway Department was called to clean up the candy-coated shells - packed with such yummy ingredients as sugar, corn syrup, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, tapioca dextrin, sodium citrate and carnauba wax - which were intended to be cattle feed because they did not make the cut for packaging, according to the sheriff's office.

As the price of corn increased in recent years, some farmers have turned to discarded food products to feed their cows.

According to a 2012 Reuters report: "In the mix are cookies, gummy worms, marshmallows, fruit loops, orange peels, even dried cranberries. Cattlemen are feeding virtually anything they can get their hands on that will replace the starchy sugar content traditionally delivered to the animals through corn."

And, apparently, that includes red Skittles.
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/22/2017 100%

Hi
    I walked today for 6.5K Steps, I am feeling somewhat better. The temperature was 43 degrees. It is a gloomy looking day and the forecast for a Nor'easter appears to be starting to happen :(
    It started misting while I was out and slowly getting heavier, Not too bad yet. There is a breeze with increasing gusts of wind.

I think I've lost my Marbles just like that trucker I posted about, Going out into the start of a Nor'easter. Fortunately It has slowed down and the brunt of it will be arriving later than originally forecast.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger

WEIRD NEWS
    A Truck Driver Has Lost His Marbles --
    All 38,000 Pounds Of Them
    Oh no.
    01/23/2017 06:06 am ET
    Rebecca Shapiro Senior Editor, The Huffington Post

Clean up on I-465.

A truck carrying 38,000 pounds of marbles lost its trailer in Indianapolis on Saturday morning, causing the contents to spill onto the highway and shoulder near Pendleton Pike.

No injuries were reported, and the lost marbles brought a pop of color to an otherwise bleak winter’s day.

Indiana State Police public information officer Sgt. John Perrine tweeted a photo of the accident:

#Breaking A truck driver has lost his marbles...

Literally, 38,000 pounds of them on I-465 SB at the 41mm

No
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/23/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking for 8K Steps, It was a little funny too, when I got home and looked at the FitBit it was showing 8,000 steps on the nose :) The temperature was 37 degrees. It is a gloomy looking day and misting while I was out and slowly getting heavier, Not too bad. There is a Moderate breeze and it appears that except for a brief power outage the Nor'easter had little effect here. The Brooks are running strong and somewhat over their banks.

The power was back in time for me to microwave my frozen portions of dinner. If it had stayed off I thinking Diner to avoid opening the freezer and refrigerator.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/24/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking for 8.1K Steps + 1cent, It was a little funny too, when I was a block from home on the inbound leg of the walk was when I found the Penny. The temperature is 36 degrees. The big round shiny thing in the sky has made one of its rare appearances :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

Vr3Dy3.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/25/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking for 10.6K Steps, The temperature is 46 degrees. I thought I had felt a couple of dops of rain as I neared the house, Now a few minutes later it has started drizzling. I must have just beat the rain home :)
    It is and has been a dark dreary day out. Walking past the stream below the park I see our Heron is still there fishing in the stream.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2017
    Options

01/26/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking for 8.7K Steps + 1 Shiny & 1 corroded Penny :) The temperature is 41 degrees. I saw a few flakes of snow as I neared the house. I did see 3 Deer run across the road as I was on the outbound leg.

I also stopped for some Nectarines, A Head of Lettuce, a couple of Bananas and a box of cereal.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger

California man's two vehicles crushed by different trees in different cities on same day
    posted Jan. 20, 2017
    A California man whose two vehicles were both crushed by trees in different cities on the same day says he feels like "the luckiest guy."

Georgiy Karpekin said he was at Sacramento City College when strong winds swept over the area Wednesday, leading to an unfortunate discovery in the parking lot.

"I walked up to my truck and I saw it was 'taco'd' around a tree," he told KTXL-TV.

Karpekin's truck was indeed "taco'd" -- a fallen tree had reformed the pickup into the shape of a taco shell.

Karpekin got a ride to his West Sacramento home where he made another shocking discovery -- another tree had fallen on two vehicles parked in front of his house, including his own car.

"Yeah, and then I come home and two other cars, huh? My luck. I bought a lottery ticket. It didn't win, but..." Karpekin said. "I feel like I'm the luckiest guy. Why? I came out alive. Everything is fine. My insurance is covering it. There's no other way to look at it, right?"

"You know, life's full of peaks and valleys, man," Karpekin said.

Karpekin said on Facebook that the damage to the car parked outside his home wasn't as severe as the truck and will soon be completely repaired.

"You can't help but laugh," he wrote of the ordeal.
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/27/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I was out walking for 9.7K Steps. The temperature is 6 degrees colder than yesterday's 41 degrees.

Later today I'll be going to the ShopRite to pick up some of the food on sale. $10 for 5 Smart Ones Frozen Entrees. Toss in a coupon for a free one with the purchase of 7 and that works out to be $1.75 each for 8 of them.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/28/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I was out walking for 10.3K Steps. The temperature is 35 degrees and a nice windless day. The lack of wind means that it felt more comfortable walking than yesterday despite being slightly cooler. There is a slight possibility of snow coming as far north as where I am in my area with south NJ showing as having the snow. There is likely to be snow Tuesday however :(

Yesterday I went to the ShopRite to pick up some of the food on sale. $10 for 5 Smart Ones Frozen Entrees. Toss in a coupon for a free one with the purchase of 7 and that works out to be $1.75 each for 8 of them. Not a bad price :)

I had a nice thing happen earlier this week as a type of NSV. I was leaving the Dunkin Donuts Wednesday when a customer leaving behind me complimented me on getting out walking. He mentioned he saw me walking to stay healthy every day. :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

01/28/2017 Not 100%
    Hi
    I was out walking for 10.3K Steps. The temperature is 35 degrees and a nice windless day. The lack of wind means that it felt more comfortable walking than yesterday despite being slightly cooler. There is a slight possibility of snow coming as far north as where I am in my area with south NJ showing as having the snow. There is likely to be snow Tuesday however :(

Yesterday I went to the ShopRite to pick up some of the food on sale. $10 for 5 Smart Ones Frozen Entrees. Toss in a coupon for a free one with the purchase of 7 and that works out to be $1.75 each for 8 of them. Not a bad price :)

I had a nice thing happen earlier this week as a type of NSV. I was leaving the Dunkin Donuts Wednesday when a customer leaving behind me complimented me on getting out walking. He mentioned he saw me walking to stay healthy every day. :)

As I was walking back towards home I saw traffic stopped both ways on a main road, When I got a little closer I saw the reason, a Gaggle of Geese were walking slowly across the road.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/29/2017 100%
    [/quote]
    Hi
    I was out walking for 7.7K Steps. The temperature is 31 degrees and a nice windless day. The lack of wind means that it felt comfortable walking. The slight possibility of snow coming as far north as where I am has not happened, South NJ is showing as having the snow. There is likely to be snow Tuesday however :(

Have a Great Monday
    Roger