100% Challenge - Mon 5/23 to Until - Join Anytime!

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

03/10/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 6.5K steps and The temperature was 19 degrees on the closed in front porch and that gets warmth through the walls of the house vs 43 degrees yesterday. I normally use the temperature from the local cable news channel. Today the news, time & temperature crawl is missing :(
    I was wearing so many layers to keep warm I probably looked like the Michelin Man and if I had fallen would have bounced back up :)

FWIW We had 2 or 3 inches of Snow yesterday. The ground was so warm that it melted on most surfaces. There was a little accumulation on the lawns and my depth measurement was from the trunk of the car where it cooled off enough to accumulate. Today the Sidewalks and Roads were nice and dry.
    They are forecasting a range of nothing to over 2 foot of snow Tuesday depending on the Storm track.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/11/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7.7K steps and The temperature was 22 degrees Vs 19 degrees yesterday. It looks more and more like plenty of Snow Tuesday :( If so I suspect I'll stay home.

Tomorrow I need to strap on the Backpack and stop at the Grocery Store as I will have eaten my last Banana.

From here:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/pets/news-features/dogs-deliberately-deceive-owners-get-want/
    Dogs 'deliberately deceive owners' to get what they want

Cats might have a reputation for being a bit sneaky or scheming - but, according to science, we really ought to be keeping an eye on dogs if we're worried about our pets running rings around us.

A new study, published in the journal Animal Cognition, has found pet dogs will deliberately deceive humans in order to get something they want.

Researchers at the University of Zurich studied 27 dogs, pairing each one with two human partners: a "co-operative" one who would allow the dogs to eat treats, and a "competitive" one who withheld the treats.

Visit the link for the rest of the article

Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/12/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7.4K steps and The temperature was 21 degrees Vs 22 degrees yesterday. It looks more and more like plenty of Snow Tuesday :( If so I suspect I'll stay home. This Mornings 5:50AM forecast showed us in the 12 to 18 inch area with areas to the south in NJ as being lower.

I strapped on the Backpack and stopped at the Grocery Store where I bought Bananas, Nectarines and Black Plums.
    The Town has been out preparing for the upcoming snow by brineing the streets early this morning.

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/13/2017 100%

Hi
    Before I forget 11 cents found, Not today naturally.
    I was not out walking today and hit 0K steps and The temperature was 29 degrees Vs 21 degrees yesterday. It looks like the forecast for plenty of Snow was somewhat in error :( I decided to stay home and sleep in based on Mondays forecasts. This Mornings 7AM forecast shows us in the 8 to 12 inch range for snow vs yesterdays 12 to 18 inch area. I was out on the front porch and could hear what sounds like little ice pellets hitting the glass.

They are saying that the lowered amounts are due to the storm tracking further west than what they originally thought it would do and that puts us on the warmer side of it.

Oh Well....
    Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger

Update, The Plow went buy around 7AM and now 50 minutes later the road is white again and larger snow flakes are falling again.
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/14/2017 100%

Hi
    I went out walking today and hit 4.1K steps, The temperature was 21 degrees Vs 29. Due to road and sidewalk conditions I did not go as far as I had hoped to go. The street in front of the house is Decent, However as I went further out the streets had icy patches, especially at the Intersection. sidewalks where they had been shoveled were worse and at corners access to them was often blocked by piles of snow from the Plowing.

The lowered snow amounts are due to the storm tracking further west than what they originally thought it would do and that puts us on the warmer side of it. The good and the bad of that is that where I am we ended up with less snow. However it was a heavy snow and a pain to shovel, especially as we went back and forth from rain, sleet, and Snow. North NJ had depths of snow up to 19 inches, parts of Southern NJ had minimal snow and parts of NY state had 2+ feet of the white stuff :)

I suspect that with the rain hitting the snow off and on we ended up with 5 +/- inches of super heavy snow that has slush at the bottom. We even had a puddle at the bottom of the driveway for a while.

Today is clean the Bathroom ahead of the St Patty's day company. The Bath mat is already in the washer and The Disposable Rubber gloves laid out for the rest of the cleaning along with a old kitchen dish sponge for scrubbing whatever needs it. I have been procrastinating doing it :( Inertia can be a killer that way.

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/15/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I went out walking today and hit 7.4Ksteps, The temperature was 23 degrees Vs 21. Due to road and sidewalk conditions I did not go as far as I had hoped to go. OTOH I did go further than yesterday. The street in front of the house is Decent, However as I went further the same streets that had icy patches still had them in the same spot. I did manage to find a safe route to go further however.

I had a call yesterday around 1:15PM that the frozen portion of my order had shipped. I did not really expect it yesterday and I do today however. I also pulled most of the basement freezer and used a large Putty knife to scrape the frost that had formed in the freezer and dumped it in the sink to melt. So I am ready for the delivery today. I have the Baskets I use all set to go in the living room and the clipboard so I can check in the order :)

I have a Green hat with a hat band saying Happy St. Patrick's Day for tomorrows walking :)

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/16/2017 100%

Hi
    I went out walking today and hit 8.4Ksteps, The temperature was 30 degrees Vs 23. Yesterday I was at 11.5K steps by days end despite a lower step count while walking. The streets and Sidewalks were decent. While I am walking I have not seen nearly as many joggers or walkers since the Snow fell. I have seen a few people walking their dogs.

There is supposed to be rain or snow or a mix moving into the area tonight into tomorrow :(

Happy St. Patrick's Day, I wore the Green hat with the Happy St. Patrick's Day band on it that my brother gave me a couple of weeks ago while walking.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/17/2017 Not 100%
    St. Patrick's Day Food :(:)

Hi
    I went out walking today and hit 8.14Ksteps, The temperature was 32 degrees Vs 30. The road and sidewalk conditions
    I overindulged in the Corned Beef & Cabbage yesterday, As well as Boiled Potatoes and Gravy, Home Made Beer Bread, Some Irish Soda Bread and Home Made Pies, Sweet Potato Pie and Pecan Pie, with Homemade Whipped Cream. As a result I am up almost 5 pounds of Water Weight today and probably a slight weight gain that I will have to work on :(

After Yesterdays 2:30 overeating at Lunch with a a neighbor I had a Apple & a Tangerine with a Protein Shake for Dinner. Tomorrow whatever of the Two Corned Beef are left they will be portioned up and Vacuum sealed for later usage. Why two? They were $1.88 a pound on sale and We ended up picking up four. My Brother Soaked them in water to reduce the sodium level and then Boiled one and Baked one :) To me they both tasted the same.
    My plan for the Vacuum Sealed portions is 4 ounces per package and use that over two days as 50 calories and 275g of sodium per ounce along with a 60 calorie wrap for a SC + PF. Hopefully the soaking reduced the Sodium level.

The forecast today is for Rain, Snow or a Mix depending on where You are in the Metropolitan area. I did see a few stray snow flakes while walking.

Have a Nice Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/1/2017 100%

Hi
    I went out walking today and did 8.8K steps Plus 1 Cent, The temperature was 35 degrees Vs 32. The road and sidewalk conditions were good overall. I lost 2.5 pounds of what had to be water weight since yesterday morning.

The forecast yesterday was for Rain, Snow or a Mix depending on where You are in the Metropolitan area. We had a light drizzle yesterday and they had snow in northern NJ. The weather seems to have avoided the area where I am :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/19/2017

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7.9K steps, The temperature was 35 degrees. The road and sidewalk conditions better overall, The Brook is running a little high from snow melt. I lost another 1 .25 pounds of what had to be mostly water weight since yesterday morning due to the amount of loss. One more pound to go to get back to my Friday Morning Pre St. Patrick's day meals.

I used 2 ounces of the Corned Beef between two 1/2 slices of Rye bread with Thousand Island Dressing yesterday for my mid morning snack. Nice and tasty too.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options

03/20/2017

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7.7K steps, The temperature was 43 degrees. I lost another 2 pounds of what had to be mostly water weight since yesterday morning due to the amount of loss. Now I am One pound under my Friday Morning Pre St. Patrick's day meals weight, Whee :)

I'll be brief, I need to work up a shopping list of groceries for my brother to take with him. So far I have a Cooked Turkey breast Half, Some Frozen Green & Yellow Beans with Carrots, Bananas and some Light & Fit Greek Yogurt and some fresh Baby Carrots.

Then Later today I'll work on digitizing some more of the 78RPM records, Yesterday I did one Album of them and some Audio cassettes.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/21/2017 Not 100% Due to sampling the Sweet Potato bread.

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8.6K steps, The temperature was 43 degrees and is forecast to drop though the day. I regained 1/4 pound of the weight I had lost since yesterday morning due to having some of the fresh baked still warm Sweet Potato bread. It was tasty with the Little bit of Butter melting into it. It could have been worse if I had not adjusted my afternoon snack, Dinner and evening desert to compensate.

Not too surprising considering that the Sweet Potato bread recipe has 2 cups of sweet potatoes, 2 cups sugar, 3 cups flour, 1 cup vegetable oil, 3 large eggs, vanilla, Baking Soda, Baking Powder as well as assorted spices :)

While I was walking I dropped off one loaf of the bread, some of the Beer bread and the rest of the Sweet Potato Pie and the last of the Pecan Pie. A friend stopped off yesterday and picked up the other parts of the Pies and Beer bread. We held onto a little of the Sweet Potato bread which my brother will finish off, most likely today and that will be the end of those temptations :)

Then Later today I plan to work on digitizing some more of the 78RPM records.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options

03/22/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7.1Ksteps, The temperature was 23 degrees and is colder than yesterday, It was not that much worse walking than yesterday since there was no wind today. I lost the 1/4 pound of yesterdays weight gain and more weight this morning

Later today I plan to work on digitizing some more of the 78RPM records. The ones I did yesterday are old and many were one sided. Many of them under the Victor and Victor Record label, from the Victor Talking Machine Company :)
    Working on 33 1/3 RPM records too, Currently I am starting on two shows from Serenade in Blue a Radio Program of the U.S. Air Force Recruiting Service :)

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/23/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 4.9K steps + Thin Dime so far, The temperature was 32 degrees and is warmer than yesterday, I will be going out later with three stops and should be over my goal in steps. Produce Store, Dollar Store and Bank.

Later today I plan to work on digitizing some more of the 78s and 33 1/3 RPM records. The one I am doing right now is a AudioDisc which is a brand of blank 78 RPM records that local recording studios and people that had home record cutters would use. FWIW I actually have a Old Console AM/SW/Record player and record cutter stored in the attic.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/24/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7.7K steps, yesterday I ended the day with 11K steps, The temperature this morning was 50 degrees and is warmer than yesterday. I lightened up on what I wore which meant I was somewhat lighter while walking :) Rain showers are in the forecast for later today. It has been cloudy so far today.

Later today I plan to work on digitizing some more of the 78s and 33 1/3 RPM records. I am currently capturing a episode of Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/25/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8.1K steps + 1 Dime. The temperature this morning was 41 degrees and is 9 degrees cooler than yesterday. I added a layer to what I wore. Yesterdays rain showers from the forecast ended up as a drizzle AKA Fizzle.
    For us up north in NJ our forecast high is in the 40s and I do not expect to see any Sunshine today.

While I was walking I stopped at the produce store and bough 4 Nice Green Pears, 4 Gala Apples, and 4 Nectarines.

Later today I plan to continue working on digitizing some more of the 78s and 33 1/3 RPM records. I am currently capturing a episode of Bulldog Drummond from January 1947.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/26/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7,650 steps. The temperature this morning was 40 degrees and and there is a light rain falling. I added the Frogg Toggs jacket to what I wore. The rain showers from the forecast had started by the time I was out the door and slowly increased while I was walking so I shortened my walk a little bit.

Today's plan is to continue working on digitizing some more of the 78s and 33 1/3 RPM records. I am currently capturing a episode of The Green Hornet called The Soldier and Hos Dog.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options

03/27/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 5,600 steps. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees and and there had been rain falling overnight. It had stopped by the time I was out the door.

Currently the rain has stopped falling and is forecast to return later today. I took advantage of the lack of rainfall to stop at the post office and mail some payments off. I put the mail in a plastic bag and hook it over my arm until I get to the P.O., that ensures it stays safe and does not fall out of My pocket.

Today's plan is to keep working on digitizing some more of the 78s and 33 1/3 RPM records.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/28/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8,000 steps. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees and and there had been rain falling When I went to bed. It had stopped by the time I was out the door.

Today's plan is to continue working on digitizing some more of the 78s and 33 1/3 RPM records. I Have finished two episodes of Gangbusters so far.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/29/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8,660 steps. The temperature this morning was 40 degrees according to the cable channels news report and showed 33 degrees on my front porch.

Not to much to report today, It looks like it will be a lazy do nothing day so far.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger