100% Challenge - Mon 5/23 to Until - Join Anytime!

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

05/07/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 6500 steps. The temperature this morning is cooler than Sundays at 45/45 degrees. Currently the Sun is shining and the warmth from it feels good.
    The weekend weather was weird here. Last nights forecast showed temperatures below normal through next Sunday :(

It dawned on me that I had not eaten my Banana yet and I was feeling a little hungry as a result so I went and had that before I post this reply. I cut off a end of it for later to go on my cereal I will be having for breakfast. Today is a large bowl, 28g 100 calories and 50 calories of 1% milk and the rest of the Banana sliced into it probably around 10AM since I just at the Banana at 8:30 :)

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/08/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 7700 steps + 1 Cent. The temperature this morning is the same as yesterday 46/44 degrees. I had over 10K steps by Dinnertime Monday as I did a little House walking to bring up the step count.

Since I had the 1.2 Mb drive and disks laying around I figured why not see what was on them before cutting them into pieces for disposal. I did find that of the few I tested some read and some did not. Oh well.....
    I also need to do some testing to determine why the 1.44Mb internal drive is not reading disks that test good in a USB external. That will be todays project, Pull the drive, change the cable and see if it is the cable or the drive. I'm pretty sure the floppy port is good as the 1.2Mb drive if placed on the end of the cable instead of the 1.44Mb drive works.

CDs can go bad to, Do You recall the chatter about this, Disk Rot?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_rot
    Disc rot is a phrase describing the tendency of CD or DVD or other optical discs to become unreadable due to physical or chemical deterioration. The causes of this effect vary from oxidation of the reflective layer, to physical scuffing and abrasion of disc surfaces or edges, including visible scratches, to other kinds of reactions with contaminants, to ultra-violet light damage and de-bonding of the adhesive used to adhere the layers of the disc together.

Not to mention that on a CD You can easily trash the disk by damaging the top surface, That is why when the DVD was designed they moved to Data layer to the center where it was protected by the plastic layers on the top and bottom. FWIW If You need to only destroy the data on a DVD simply but carefully so as not to get cut, use something sharp like a razor knife and pry the top and bottom apart , Voila, Done :) Even simpler with a CD, Just take the razor knife and make a few slices through the top layer where only the thin lacquer protects the data layer.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/09/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 7800+ steps. The temperature this morning is 49/49 degrees. I had over 10K steps Tuesday as I did a little House walking to bring up the step count.
    It was a nice day to walk, not breezy, no Sun glare in my eyes and wearing a hoodie it was a comfortable temperature too.
    I will be going out later on to CostCo as I am nearing the end of my last bag of frozen vegetables. So my shopping list is Fruit, maybe. Truvia Sweetener, Some Protein shakes and of course the Veges.

This one is hard for me to grasp or to put it another way, What the heck !
    From Here: http://www.wbrc.com/story/35355907/middle-school-student-suspended-for-liking-photo-of-gun-on-instagram?clienttype=generic&utm_content=buffer194c2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
    Middle school student suspended for 'liking' photo of gun on Instagram
    TRENTON, OH (FOX19) -

An Edgewood Middle School student was handed a 10-day suspension for “liking” a picture of a gun on Instagram with the caption “ready."

The parents of Zachary Bowlin posted a picture of the intended suspension notice which read, “The reason for the intended suspension is as follows: Liking a post on social media that indicated potential school violence.”

"I was livid, I mean, I’m sitting here thinking ‘you just suspended him for ten days for liking a picture of a gun on a social media site," father Marty Bowlin said. "He never shared, he never commented, he never made a threatening post… anything on the site, just liked it."

The picture in question is of an airsoft gun, and according to the students’ parents, their child didn’t comment on the post but simply liked the picture.

"I liked it, scrolling down Instagram at night about 7, 8 o’clock I liked it," Zacahry said. "The next morning they called me down [to the office] patted me down and checked me for weapons."

Since receiving the notice, the family said the school has dropped the suspension and there will be no repercussions for the child’s actions.

Friday morning an email went out to parents stating:

“Yesterday evening school officials were made aware to an alleged threat of a student bringing a gun to school. We act on any potential threat to student safety swiftly and with the utmost importance. This morning, the alleged threat was addressed and we can assure you that all students at Edgewood Middle School are safe and school will continue as normal. Thank you”

More Info by following the link
    An completely over the top reaction IMO.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/10/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 8400+ steps and 2 Cents. The temperature this morning is 49/47 degrees.
    I went to CostCo where I picked up 3 bags of frozen vegetables, Fruit, Truvia Sweetener, and 3 flavors of Protein shakes. Then being curious I went further to the sort of nearby Wegmans, Wow, They are not cheap. $9.50 for the Hot Food Bar which had lots of low cost items in the Taste of Asia and Taste of Mexico sections and a so so selection of regular foods. I doubt I will be going there again as I was completely underwhelmed by the Value for cost.

I had over 11K steps yesterday after the extra walking at CostCo and Wegmans. Later I need to go to UPS and ship back the floppy drive. Testing showed it to be the problem. Since I will be out I need to take the gas can and pick up fuel for the mower and Tiller too. Since I am around a 1/2 tank in the car I might as well fill it too :)

There is a really light haze in the sky and the Sun is shining through it so it should warm up into the 60s later on. It does seem that we will be hit with drenching AKA Soaking? rain Saturday and possibly into Sunday from a Nor'easter.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/10/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 8400+ steps and 2 Cents. The temperature this morning is 49/47 degrees.
    I went to CostCo where I picked up 3 bags of frozen vegetables, Fruit, Truvia Sweetener, and 3 flavors of Protein shakes. Then being curious I went further to the sort of nearby Wegmans, Wow, They are not cheap. $9.50 for the Hot Food Bar which had lots of low cost items in the Taste of Asia and Taste of Mexico sections and a so so selection of regular foods. I doubt I will be going there again as I was completely underwhelmed by the Value for cost.

I had over 11K steps yesterday after the extra walking at CostCo and Wegmans. Later I need to go to UPS and ship back the floppy drive. Testing showed it to be the problem. Since I will be out I need to take the gas can and pick up fuel for the mower and Tiller too. Since I am around a 1/2 tank in the car I might as well fill it too :)

There is a really light haze in the sky and the Sun is shining through it so it should warm up into the 60s later on. It does seem that we will be hit with drenching AKA Soaking? rain Saturday and possibly into Sunday from a Nor'easter.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2017
    Options

05/11/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 6600+ steps. The temperature this morning is 46
    46/44 degrees. It does seem that we will be hit with drenching AKA Soaking? rain Saturday and possibly into Sunday from a Nor'easter. So no change in that forecast so far. Predicted rainfalls of 3 inches in the southeast end of NJ to 1 inch in the northwest corner of the sate.
    I had over 11.8K steps yesterday after yard work and running to UPS.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 6600+ steps. The temperature this morning is 46
    46/44 degrees. It seems that we will be hit with drenching AKA Soaking? rain Saturday and possibly into Sunday from a Nor'easter. So no change in that forecast so far. Predicted rainfalls of 3 inches in the southeast end of NJ to 1 inch in the northwest corner of the sate.
    I had over 11.8K steps yesterday after yard work and running to UPS.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/12/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 4300 steps + 11 cents. The temperature this morning is 50 on the news channel and 50 degrees on the front porch. It seems that the rain arrived overnight. So far it is not too heavy, it is steady. There are predicted rainfalls of 3 inches in the southeast end of NJ to 1 inch in the northwest corner of the state.

I was adjusting my upcoming in June order and noticed some new foods. The Breakfast Chocolate Chip Baked Bar
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10554740/chocolate-chip-baked-bar-150-calories-ready-to-eat#latest
    and for Lunch the Turkey Pot Pie Melt
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10554739/turkey-pot-pie-melt-frozen-200-calories/p1?new=1
    The Spinach and Cheese Pretzel Melt
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10554738/spinach-and-cheese-pretzel-melt-220-calories-frozen/p1?new=1
    and
    Creamy Beef Alfredo Add Water Cup 210 calories
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10554741/creamy-beef-alfredo-add-water-cup-210-calories/p1?new=1

Have a Great Weekend, Stay Dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/12/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 7272 steps. The temperature this morning is 46 on the news channel and 48 degrees on the front porch. It seems that the rain moved out overnight. It was not too heavy, it was steady. The forecast busty winds never arrived in my area of the state.
    I wandered down and looked at the Brook which was running over its banks.
    I did not go as far as I might have liked, I had a poor nights sleep and then I overloaded my Backpack with fruits, Strawberries at $0.79, Blackberries at $.99, 8 Minneola/Tangelos at 4 for a $1 and some D'Anjou Pears.
    http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-a-minneola-tangelo.htm
    The Minneola tangelo is a specific hybrid citrus fruit that is made by crossing the Duncan or Bowen grapefruit and the “Darcy” variety of tangerine, also called a mandarin orange. The cross was developed by the United States Department of Agriculture, in Florida, and was first released for sale in 1931. The fruit combines the sweetness of the mandarin with the tart flavors of the grapefruit, and it is highly prized for its juiciness and combination of sweet/sour flavors.

Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 orange
    Amount Per Serving Calories from Fat 9, Calories 70
    % Daily Values*
    Total Fat 1g 2%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 0mg 0%
    Potassium 220mg
    Total Carbohydrate 13g 4%
    Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
    Sugars 11g
    Protein 1g

Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 100%
    Calcium 4% Iron 0%
    Then as the final Coup De Grace I picked up a quart of milk at the Dollar store on the way home. The Milk is only Good Until March 20, 2018 :)

I am leaving this in, just in case :)
    I was adjusting my upcoming in June order and noticed some new foods. The Breakfast Chocolate Chip Baked Bar
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10554740/chocolate-chip-baked-bar-150-calories-ready-to-eat#latest
    and for Lunch the Turkey Pot Pie Melt
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10554739/turkey-pot-pie-melt-frozen-200-calories/p1?new=1
    The Spinach and Cheese Pretzel Melt
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10554738/spinach-and-cheese-pretzel-melt-220-calories-frozen/p1?new=1
    and
    Creamy Beef Alfredo Add Water Cup 210 calories
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10554741/creamy-beef-alfredo-add-water-cup-210-calories/p1?new=1

Have a Great Sunday, Stay Dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2017
    Options

05/14/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 4000 steps + 2 cents. The temperature this morning is 55 on the news channel and 53 degrees on the front porch. Yesterday it was a great looking morning, then around 2PM there was a thunderstorm and a brief downpour of rain arrived. Then the Sun came back out for a while and later on there was more rain and small hail.
    I did not go as far as usual, I dressed for the temperature and after I was out the door it started feeling cold due to a breeze :)

I just renewed my Norton Security Subscription in the Software. I buy ahead of time when NewEgg runs a low priced special on it and when the subscription is almost run out then I pull out the Box and use the new Product key. Right now I am using the 5 device version which will cover this computer, the Basement computer and my brothers computer and a laptop. I think I paid $19.99 for these and I have two more on the shelf waiting for the next two years.

Norton has one bad habit IMO. They start prompting to renew it way ahead of time and if I were silly enough to do that they do not add any days left on the old one to the new one. Other than that I do like the protection it gives. I have had it save me more than once when I search the Internet for something. A recent search for example would be for a 5.25: 1.2Mb USB external floppy drive.

Sadly we appear to be headed for several days of 80+ weather in the upcoming week and I remember seeing where on day would be near 90 degrees, Too Soon.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/15/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 5044 Steps. The temperature this morning is 57 on the news channel and 55 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning.
    I did not go as far as usual, Why? Yesterday the car did not start so I am waiting on AAA to come and get it going :( Then I will be heading to the garage with it and walking back home. Thus I should be at my step count or possibly past it when I get back home.

Update: I'm back from dropping off the car and when I looked at the FitBit I am at 8700 steps on the nose :)

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/16/2017 100%

Hi
    I have not been out walking this morning and and have Steps. The temperature this morning is 62 on the news channel and 56 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning. Today is forecast to reach 89 and tomorrow into the 90s, Yuck :(
    I did not go walking yet, Why? Yesterday I dropped off the car did that I had to have AAA to come and get it going :( Thus this morning I will be picking up coffee and then walking to the garage to pick it up and then going grocery shopping. I ended up well over my step count goal yesterday :)

I will be back later today to finish up here, Sorry

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/16/2017 100%

Hi
    I have not been out walking this morning and and have Steps. The temperature this morning is 62 on the news channel and 56 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning. Today is forecast to reach 89 and tomorrow into the 90s, Yuck :(
    I did not go walking yet, Why? Yesterday I dropped off the car did that I had to have AAA to come and get it going :( Thus this morning I will be picking up coffee and then walking to the garage to pick it up and then going grocery shopping. I ended up well over my step count goal yesterday :)

I will be back later today to finish up here, Sorry

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/17/2017 Not 100%, Too many mixed nuts

Hi
    I have walked 7500 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 74 on the news channel and 72 degrees on the front porch which is 16 degrees warmer than yesterday for the same time. It is a great looking morning, however it is a bit sticky outdoors. Today is forecast to reach into the 90s and set records for high temperatures, Yuck :(
    I ended up walking 9500 steps yesterday.

I looked out the window at the backyard thermometer that is sheltered from the sun and at 8:05 it was 80 degrees already, Currently 50 minutes later it is up 2 degrees :(
    The Laundry is now washing too. I have been semi busy :)

I saw this as I was walking, I have no clue what it is but it was pretty.
    2J4BAV.jpg

I looked closer at a can opener Mom had picked up years ago and never opened. In a Little Red Box with big red letters saying TV on it it says "Similar to items seen on TV", Hmm...

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/18/2017 100%

Hi
    I have walked 4400 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 75 on the news channel and 75 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning, however it is a bit sticky outdoors. Today is forecast to reach near the 90s, Yuck :(
    You may be wondering why only 4400 steps. Later on Yard work and a run to UPS and the recycle center. That shoud give me my exercise for the day.
    I ended up walking 10500 steps yesterday.

From here Picture too.
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/17/cyclops-goat-born-with-one-eye-is-worshiped-by-villagers-in-india-6643422/
    Cyclops goat born with one eye is worshipped by villagers in India
    A baby goat has been born with one eye in what has been hailed a ‘miracle’.

Some villagers believe the goat, that was born in Assam in India, is sacred and have begun to worship it after it was born a week ago.
    Vets predicted that the goat, which also only has one ear, would die within a few days but it has defied the odds so far.
    People have been visiting the village to see the kid which suffers from a condition seen in other animals including horses, pigs, cows and cats.
    The condition which causes the defect is called cyclopia and occurs when the two hemispheres of the brain do not separate

And from Here with more in the article :)
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fit-but-fat-may-be-a-myth-study-says/
    By Robert Preidt HealthDay May 17, 2017, 11:21 AM
    "Fit but fat" may be a myth, study says

The so-called "healthy obese" aren't necessarily as healthy as they think. They still have a higher risk of heart disease than normal-weight people, a new British study finds.

Folks dubbed healthy obese don't have metabolic problems typically associated with obesity -- such as high cholesterol, poor blood sugar control, diabetes or high blood pressure. But, it's been unclear if they are at increased risk for problems such as heart failure or stroke.

In this study, researchers analyzed 1995-2015 electronic health records of 3.5 million people aged 18 and older in the United Kingdom who were initially free of heart disease.

Compared to normal-weight people with no metabolic problems, healthy obese people had a 50 percent higher risk of heart disease, a 7 percent higher risk of stroke, twice the risk of heart failure, and a greater risk of peripheral artery disease (or PAD, which is the narrowing of blood vessels to the arms and legs), the study found.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/19/2017 100%

Hi
    I have walked 4100 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 60 on the news channel and 62 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning. It is a quite a bit cooler compared to the last three days.
    You may be wondering why only 4100 steps today. Later on more Yard work , Finally mow the lawn and the delayed run to UPS and the recycle center. That shoud give me my exercise for the day.
    I ended up walking over 8K steps yesterday. I had managed to creep up over my desired 5 pound range from my lowest weight, Going back on NS 100% has cured that and adding in yesterdays working in the sun I was down a half pound today. That puts me at 3.5 pounds up from my lowest weight :)

Tennessee Mother Chases Away Five Suspected Burglars
    Posted at 1:29 pm on May 18, 2017 by Erika Haas
    home invasion

A mother in Tennessee was forced to pull out the big guns Monday morning after a home intruder forced his way into her house as four more suspects waited outside.

Elsie Lee, who lives alone with her son, told WJJB TV that she awoke to the sounds of someone inside her house.

“We were asleep, and I thought I had heard something but I wasn’t for sure,” Lee recalled. “I thought I was just dreaming something, and then I heard a big bang again.”

“I got up and came running through the hallway,” she continued. “The guy was standing in the kitchen. He had just busted my door open.”

Lee then reached for her .45-caliber handgun and her shotgun and forced the intruder out of her home.

“I put the gun in his face and asked him if there was something I could do for him, and he was gone just that quick,” Lee told WJJB TV. “I chased him out the back door.”

“I almost killed him,” she added. “One of them could have been dead. Had he not ran, he would have been dead.”

Lee told WJJB TV that the only thought running through her mind that morning was “protect my son.”

Mere minutes after she chased the man away, Madison County police arrived on scene and arrested all five men, one of whom was a minor. Each suspect is being charged with aggravated burglary. None were armed.

Lee couldn’t have been more thankful to the police and how quickly they responded.

“I congratulate our sheriff’s department for what they did,” the mother told WJJB TV. “And it couldn’t have been done any faster or better.”

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I'm back from mowing and am not at 6000 steps and still have a planned trip through either Home Depot or Lowes, UPS, and a stop at the grocery store since My brother wants something from there. Plus working in the yard :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/20/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I have walked 4300 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 48 on the news channel and 52 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning. It is somewhat cooler compared to yesterday.

You may be wondering why only 4300 steps today. Later on more Yard work , using the materials picked up at Home Depot.

I did mow the lawn and tempt the run to UPS, I could have sworn that they were open on Saturday, I was also wrong :) That mowing and work in the garden give me my exercise for the day as well as 10.8K steps for the entire day.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/21/2017 100%

Hi
    I walked 6630 Steps + 1 beat up penny that was lating in the crossing of a street :) during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 55 on the news channel and 55 degrees on the front porch. It is a gloom looking morning and it rained overnight with more in the forecast for later on today. I was lucky to get out in between the overnight rain and what is on the way.
    I dropped off Five things in the slot in the Post Office before picking up my coffee and I did wear my rain jacket, just in case :)

More Yard work tomorrow and then more rain in the forecast for Wednesday :(

In the weird news department, From Here with more details:
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/05/18/dunkin-donuts-drive-thru-window-shot-over-a-sandwich/
    BROCKTON (CBS) – A dispute over a sandwich at a Brockton Dunkin’ Donuts led to an argument and the shots.

A carload of teenagers Thursday drove up to the window in the drive-thru and argued about their order with a worker.

A manager was called, but tempers flared and the driver leaned out of the car and punched the manager in the face.
    #brockton #dunkindonuts manager says teen got mad over sandwich shot bb's into drive thru windows #wbz pic.twitter.com/tMP87EYD09

And http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/05/19/oroville-school-covered-in-dead-fish/
    School Suddenly Finds Itself Covered In Dead Fish In Middle Of The Day – And No One Knows Why
    OROVILLE (CBS13) – Something fishy happened this week at Stanford Avenue Elementary School in Oroville.

A typical Tuesday took a turn for the weird just before noon when the campus was suddenly covered in dead fish.

They were everywhere, all over the playground, in drinking fountains – and as one custodian discovered, even on the roof.

School officials aren’t sure if it was some kind of prank or if it really rained fish.
    More details by following the Link
    And
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2017/05/19/woman-slugs-masked-gunman-tried-take-nike-high-tops-robbery-near-school
    Woman slugs masked armed robber who tried to take her Nike high-tops
    woman threw several punches at a masked gunman who robbed her near a school in west Oak Cliff on Thursday morning.

Michelle Martinez told WFAA-TV (Channel 8) that after dropping off medicine for her young son at a Cowart Elementary School portable, a gray four-door Kia parked along a curb near her.

The passenger approached her wearing a ski mask, Dallas police spokeswoman Diana Flores said.
    Snipped
    She told him she didn't have any. The robber then patted her down and found $200 and her cellphone, which he smashed on the ground.

He yelled, "I thought you didn't have nothing," according to a Facebook post written by Martinez's husband, Eli Montoya.

The Kia driver then told the gunman to take her expensive Nike high-top shoes, WFAA reports.

"When he said 'her shoes,' I started punching him in the face," Martinez said. "I punched him probably like four times. I was like, I'm going to get some licks after him. I'm gonna let him feel a little pain. I might be a female, but females know how to hit, too."

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/21/2017 100%

Hi
    I walked 6630 Steps + 1 beat up penny that was lating in the crossing of a street :) during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 55 on the news channel and 55 degrees on the front porch. It is a gloom looking morning and it rained overnight with more in the forecast for later on today. I was lucky to get out in between the overnight rain and what is on the way.
    I dropped off Five things in the slot in the Post Office before picking up my coffee and I did wear my rain jacket, just in case :)

More Yard work tomorrow and then more rain in the forecast for Wednesday :(

In the weird news department, From Here with more details:
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/05/18/dunkin-donuts-drive-thru-window-shot-over-a-sandwich/
    BROCKTON (CBS) – A dispute over a sandwich at a Brockton Dunkin’ Donuts led to an argument and the shots.

A carload of teenagers Thursday drove up to the window in the drive-thru and argued about their order with a worker.

A manager was called, but tempers flared and the driver leaned out of the car and punched the manager in the face.
    #brockton #dunkindonuts manager says teen got mad over sandwich shot bb's into drive thru windows #wbz pic.twitter.com/tMP87EYD09

And http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/05/19/oroville-school-covered-in-dead-fish/
    School Suddenly Finds Itself Covered In Dead Fish In Middle Of The Day – And No One Knows Why
    OROVILLE (CBS13) – Something fishy happened this week at Stanford Avenue Elementary School in Oroville.

A typical Tuesday took a turn for the weird just before noon when the campus was suddenly covered in dead fish.

They were everywhere, all over the playground, in drinking fountains – and as one custodian discovered, even on the roof.

School officials aren’t sure if it was some kind of prank or if it really rained fish.
    More details by following the Link
    And
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2017/05/19/woman-slugs-masked-gunman-tried-take-nike-high-tops-robbery-near-school
    Woman slugs masked armed robber who tried to take her Nike high-tops
    woman threw several punches at a masked gunman who robbed her near a school in west Oak Cliff on Thursday morning.

Michelle Martinez told WFAA-TV (Channel 8) that after dropping off medicine for her young son at a Cowart Elementary School portable, a gray four-door Kia parked along a curb near her.

The passenger approached her wearing a ski mask, Dallas police spokeswoman Diana Flores said.
    Snipped
    She told him she didn't have any. The robber then patted her down and found $200 and her cellphone, which he smashed on the ground.

He yelled, "I thought you didn't have nothing," according to a Facebook post written by Martinez's husband, Eli Montoya.

The Kia driver then told the gunman to take her expensive Nike high-top shoes, WFAA reports.

"When he said 'her shoes,' I started punching him in the face," Martinez said. "I punched him probably like four times. I was like, I'm going to get some licks after him. I'm gonna let him feel a little pain. I might be a female, but females know how to hit, too."

Have a Great Monday
    Roger