100% Challenge - Mon 5/23 to Until - Join Anytime!

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

03/30/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 6,350 steps. The temperature this morning was 39 degrees and and there had been rain falling before I went out the door. It had stopped and then started once again shortly after I left the house. The heavier rain is supposed to be moving in later according to this mornings weather forecast.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/30/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 6,350 steps. The temperature this morning was 39 degrees and and there had been rain falling before I went out the door. It had stopped and then started once again shortly after I left the house. The heavier rain is supposed to be moving in later according to this mornings weather forecast.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

03/31/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7.7K steps. The temperature this morning was 33 degrees on the weather forecast and 39 on the front porch, There had been rain falling before I went out the door. It had stopped and when I left the house there was a wind blowing a mist that was somewhat uncomfortable. There are some rain showers that are supposed to be moving in later according to this mornings weather forecast.

It's xKF05N.jpg

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/01/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8.5K steps + 2 cents. The temperature this morning was 40 degrees on the weather forecast and 41 on the front porch, There was a mild wind blowing and overall it was not too bad outside :)

http://www.cbs46.com/story/35036795/major-fire-breaks-out-on-i-85-in-atlanta[/quote]
    I saw this on a link on that page. I was thinking that is nice of them.
    Chick-fil-A announced that they're offering free breakfast for carpoolers in Atlanta from April 3-14.

and then there was this one in a similar vein on yesterdays news from New York City.
    https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20170330/astoria/free-dry-cleaning-unemployed-interview-outfit-nicoles-cleaners-2852-34th-street

Jaime Jinete, owner of Nicole's Cleaners in Astoria.

ASTORIA — A dry cleaner in the neighborhood is offering to clean interview outfits, free of charge, for unemployed job seekers who need it.

Jaime Jinete, the owner of Nicole's Cleaners on 34th Street just off 30th Avenue, said he started the deal earlier this year as a way to give back to the community — or, as he puts it, "just to give people hope."

"Sometimes someone probably has to make a decision whether you clean your suit or you get a MetroCard to go to that interview," the 41-year-old business owner said. "I can't get you a MetroCard, but I can help with the suit or an outfit."

More details on that page including a picture.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/02/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7K steps. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees on the weather broadcast at 5:50AM and 38 on the front porch, There was no wind blowing and overall it was not bad outside :)

The Waterways are still running high from the previous soaker and more rain moves in tonight into tomorrow with a prediction of ponding on the roads and localized flooding in the low lying areas.

I was planning on going to the Acme tomorrow when My Brother is out for cases of spring water Through Thursday they have cases of 24 1/2 liter on sale at a good price for this area of 4 for $8.88 or $2.22 each and since it can sit without spoiling why not take advantage of it.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/03/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7,200 steps. The temperature this morning was 50 degrees on the weather forecast and 51 on the front porch, There was a mild wind blowing and The forecast rain was still falling at 6AM, and it had ceased by 6:30 so I walked and it did drizzle a couple of times, Not bad overall however.

The brook I walked past was running high and was slightly over it's banks.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/04/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7,200 K steps. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees on the weather forecast and 49 on the front porch, There was a light Fog in the area and TBH over most of NJ.
    I stopped for a couple of eggs and whole wheat toast as breakfast and to kill time until I could stop at the Dollar Store for a second quart of milk to put on the shelf, I am sure it will be used up before February 2018 :)
    I also stopped at the Grocery Store for 3 Nectarines and 4 Black Plums to add variety to the fruits I Picked up at CostCo yesterday.

The brook I walked past was running high and was slightly over it's banks again today.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/05/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 6K steps. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees on the weather forecast and 43 on the front porch, There is a light rain in the area and heavier rain is in the forecast for later this morning. I was being pushed along by the wind on the outward leg and was facing into it and occasional wind driven rain on the homeward bound leg of my walk, Hence the shortened walk.

The brook I walked past was still running somewhat high and was slightly over it's banks again today and will likely be worse later on after the heavy rain moves in.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/06/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8K steps and I will be going back out for a little further walk to the bank when it opens. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees on the weather forecast and 47 on the front porch, There was a light rain and heavier rain in the afternoon. The was some strong Thunderstorms yesterday afternoon too,

The brook I walked past is running somewhat high and was over it's banks.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger

Posted in another message thread here
    50 Service Industry Employees Reveal The Dumbest Customer Complaints They Ever Heard.
    http://www.tickld.com/x/fbk/50-service-industry-employees-reveal-the-dumbest-customer-complaints-they-ever-h?utm_source=fbk&utm_medium=custcomp_d_socsite_us

21 People Doing Stupid Things That Will Ruin Your Faith in Humanity
    http://cheezburger.com/1896965/21-people-doing-stupid-things-that-will-ruin-your-faith-in-humanity?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+failblog+(The+FAIL+Blog+-+Fail+Pictures+&+Videos+at+Failblog.ORG)
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/08/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7.2K steps. The temperature this morning was 43 degrees on the weather forecast vs 32 on the front porch :)
    Considering the morning temperature and the frost I passed by it is forecast to be in the 60s today!
    The brook I walked past is running somewhat high, however it is lower today than yesterday.

OZ9nnn.jpg
    I posted this here since I am currently listening to Isaac Asimov's Rendezvous with Rama while walking.

Have a Great Palm Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2017
    Options

04/09/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8K steps + a Quarter found. The temperature this morning was 50 degrees on the weather forecast vs 39 on the front porch :)
    It is warming up nicely today too.
    We are heading into a week where their will be a day with a high of 80, not that 80 is near a record. According to the weather forecast I saw before I headed out for my walk the Record high is 87 Degrees for the same date.

Last Nights best song on Hee Haw was this one, In Light of the Palm Sunday Bombings in Egypt...
    The Hee Haw Gospel Quartet (1980 ) Gone Home Southern Country Gospel Music
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZm7Elwt6QA

Best Song last week was Miss Patti Page, The Singing Rage singing on of her hits.

Have a Super Monday, As we head in the Easter Holiday and Passover.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/10/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8.3K steps + I found a Dollar Bill. The temperature this morning was 59 degrees on the weather forecast vs 55 on the front porch :)
    It is warming up nicely today too. It reached around 80 degrees yesterday and is forecast to be at least as warm today.

I ordered some NS eGift cards yeaterday from CostCo while they are on sale. I could not resist the price of $55 for a $100 face value. I should try again as they do have a limit of 10 per customer. I am hoping that the limit applies on a per order basis, if Not I will have to try picking them up at the store and see if that works.

I did see a herd of deer by one of the brooks while walking today.

Have a Super Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/11/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7.8K steps + I found a Dime. The temperature this morning was 60 degrees on the weather forecast vs 58 on the front porch :)

It is warming up nicely today too. It reached around 80 degrees yesterday and is forecast to be in the 60s today.
    I did see one lone Deer next to a Brook while walking.

From Here:
    http://cheezburger.com/1914629/29-hilarious-fails-and-unfortunate-situations?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+failblog+(The+FAIL+Blog+-+Fail+Pictures+&+Videos+at+Failblog.ORG)
    29 Hilarious Fails and Unfortunate Situations

The Roof Of An Underground Pool Collapsed And Created A Wonderland You Can Visit

http://diply.com/underground-pool-collapsed?publisher=wonder
    Interesting, Enjoy

Have a wonderful Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/12/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8K steps + I found a Nickel. The temperature this morning was 60 degrees on the weather forecast vs 58 on the front porch :)

It is warming up nicely today too. It reached around 70 degrees yesterday and is forecast to be in the 60s today.
    I did see hear a woodpecker while walking.

Despite Being 100% on plan my weight is bouncing around :)
    As an example the difference between Monday and Tuesday was +1 pound, Tuesday to Wednesday -1.25 pounds and Wednesday to Thursday +1.25 :) or maybe :(
    It is a good thing I do not worry about day to day changes.

My Brother was showing me "Canned Beets" I put the quotes as they were in a pouch not a can :)

I've started my little secure laptop that I only use for online shopping and not even email to do the Windows update.

From Here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4398342/Manure-happens-German-dad-daughter-doused-detritus.html
    German father and daughter are doused with MANURE while sitting in their convertible after tractor makes a sharp turn

Father, 52, and daughter, 14, were covered from head to toe with liquid manure
    They had been sitting in the Renault convertible when farmer took sudden turn
    Read more by following the link

And from here:
    http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/04/12/Police-combat-burglaries-with-satirical-door-locks-infomercial/9741492024248/
    Police combat burglaries with satirical 'door locks' infomercial
    April 12 (UPI) -- A Florida police department is combating vehicle burglaries with a tongue-in-cheek infomercial promoting a "new" product: door locks.

The Davie Police Department posted a video to YouTube responding to a recent rash of vehicle burglaries in the area in the form of an infomercial hosted by Sgt. Chad Rosen -- who notes he was once a "cute kid" in a decades-old Kodak film commercial.

"Today, I'm here to tell you about a fascinating, revolutionary concept that's going to save you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars," Rosen says. "Sound too good to be true? Well, it isn't."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI9LdiiArdo

Have a wonderful Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/13/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 4900 steps. The temperature this morning was 48 degrees on the weather forecast vs 45 on the front porch :)
    I did not go as far as usual as I was and am feeling somewhat poorly. A scratchy Throat etc.

I was down .75 pounds this morning and as my weight bounces around I expect to be up again tomorrow, The Saga continues :)

It is warming up nicely today too. And is forecast to be in the 60s today and tomorrow, 80 on Easter Sunday.
    As I was creating this I realized I had put a inadvertent truth when I said 80 on Eater Sunday :)

The video can be seen by following the link or I posted this image if You would rather no go to the ABC News video.
    WATCH: Police searching for wrong way driver in Texas
    http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/police-searching-wrong-driver-texas-46789824
    28U9tY.jpg

Have a Nice Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/14/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 4200 steps. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees on the weather forecast vs 41 on the front porch :)
    It is a nice enough day outside for walking, Not too cold and minimal breeze :)
    I did not go as far as usual as I was and am still feeling somewhat ill. A scrtachy Throat etc.

It is warming up nicely today too. And is forecast to be in the 60s today and tomorrow, 80s on Easter Sunday.

Have a wonderful Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/15/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7900 steps. The temperature this morning was 59 degrees on the weather forecast vs 59 on the front porch :)
    It is a nice day outside for walking, Not too warm and minimal breeze :)
    It is warming up nicely today too. And is forecast to be in the 80s today and cooler tomorrow.

While I was walking I had a Fox run across the road and up the block 2+ blocks from home. I also saw a lot of White Violets and Purple Violets blooming in the lawns along the sidewalks. I have the early variety of Bleeding Hearts in bloom now too.

There is a 11 pound Reduced Sodium Cook's brand Shank Half Ham in Refrigerator for the Easter feast.

Have a Wonderful Easter
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/16/2017 100%

Hi
    While I was out walking Easter Sunday the Easter Bunny visited my House. Or to put it another way my traditionalist brother left me a small box of yellow Peeps, a 3.5 Ounce Chocolate Lindt Easter Bunny and some Unsalted Almonds that were leftover from a jar of fancy Mixed nuts since he does not care for the almonds. At least there were no Jelly Beans :)

I was out walking today and did 8452 steps. The temperature this morning was 65 degrees. It is a nice day outside for walking, Not too warm and minimal breeze. OTOH I did get drizzled on twice :)
    It is forecast to be cooler tomorrow.

My Brother did a Chocolate Pudding Pie yesterday in a Graham Cracker Crust topped with home made Whipped Cream. I suspect he managed to use too much milk in the Pudding as it did not really firm up well. OTOH it were very tasty :)
    I went out the door later than usual as my last stop of the walk is a bank. So Walk, Stop for Scrambled Eggs, Home Fries in the Refrigerator, Produce Store for Bananas and then the Bank after it had opened.

From Here
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/12/clean-eating-ticking-timebomb-puts-young-risk-fractures/
    'Clean eating' is a ticking timebomb that puts young at risk of fractures now too.
    By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor
    A cult of clean eating is a “ticking timebomb” that could leave young people with weak bones, the National Osteoporosis Society has warned.

Research by the charity shows that four in ten of those aged between 18 and 24 have tried such regimes, which are now coming under attack for cutting out major food groups, such as dairy.

The diets have become increasingly fashionable, and are associated with a number of celebrities, who have boasted how they have cut out gluten, dairy, grains and refined sugars.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/17/2017 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 6400 steps. The temperature this morning was 84/51 degrees. It is a nice day outside for walking, Not too warm and minimal breeze :)

Poor Atlanta, From Here:
    http://www.thedrive.com/news/9385/westbound-section-of-i-20-in-atlanta-buckles-almost-kills-motorcyclist
    Westbound Section of I-20 in Atlanta Buckles, Almost Kills Motorcyclist

Atlanta, you can't catch a break. First, part of I-85 burns to the ground. Overnight, part of I-75/85 was temporarily closed due to an accident and chemical spill. Even without all this, traffic in and around the city is an absolute nightmare. Now, a westbound section of I-20 just to the east of downtown has buckled and will be closed until at least Tuesday afternoon.

On Monday morning, part of I-20 buckled and rose up just as motorcyclist happened upon the spot. The Atlanta-Journal Constitution reported that the rider was launched into the air and suffered multiple fractures. Thankfully, he was not hit by any cars during the accident. Several motorists stopped to help. The motorcyclist was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.

The damage to the interstate seems to have been caused by some work being done to old gas lines that run under the road. Crews were reportedly pumping concrete into old, unused gas lines. Unexpectedly, a build-up of air occurred in the line, creating uplift in the soil below I-20. The pocket of air forced the sections of roadway to crack and rise several feet.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

04/18/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I was out walking today and only did 4100 steps. The temperature this morning was 45/41 degrees. It is a nice day outside for walking, Not too warm and minimal breeze :)

I have been busy shredding stuff that built up. I shred until the overheat light comes on and it stops in mid shred :(

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger