Tiffany's Progress Tracking

Options

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    You'll find your way back! You've got this!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Wednesday - kind of another unmotivated day, but I stayed on target for food and exercise anyway...and I started taking my iron again, going to aim for every other day, this whole lack of motivation thing might be due to my iron being low.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Thursday - was feeling peppy in the morning and at lunch, walking was amazing since it was beautiful outside...during ballet I did the last bit of shopping for Ravencon, bits of makeup, hair gel, that sort of thing...went home and had a huge meal of tuna mac - hit all my macros for a change...then totally lost motivation to work out, but did my upper body anyway...so boring, but knocked it out of the park.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Friday was overall good - food was on point during the day and got my walking in. No other exercise and traveled to williamsburg for Ravencon then got tons of walking in that night finding everything, plus 2 hours of dancing to 80's and 90's music, so much fun!

Saturday more walking around the convention, food was probably under since we only at a late breakfast (veggie omelette) and a very late dinner (greek salad). Went swimming after dinner since the indoor/outdoor pool was already open at the hotel. A bit chilly, but that worked as great incentive to keep swimming the whole time I was in the pool. Had a great time at one of the after-con parties chatting with several of the authors - they always have the best conversations!

Sunday less walking and traveling back home. The day started with a sinus headache that eventually went full migraine, but I ate and took drugs as soon as I started feeling the shift, and it worked so only a few hours of the migraine, but still a dull headache all day. Did my strength workout in the evening even though I was feeling terribly unmotivated.

All in all an awesome weekend, but I missed measurements on Saturday so not really sure about my weekly progress.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    That sucks about the migraine but awesome job on getting your workout in even when you weren't motivated to do so! I'm glad to here that overall you had an awesome weekend, hope you have an awesome week as well! =)
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Thanks - I didn't get measurements in this weekend, but the rest of April was looking like very small progress, so I'm hoping next weekend will be solid.

Monday - no morning working, but got my walking in, and combat in the evening, whoo hooo!!! Food was good, managed my protein with the help of a shake, and stayed within parameters though I probably should have skipped the glass of wine, at least it got logged!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Tuesday - over on food about 300 cal...this was just a hungry hungry day, though I did pretty good sticking mostly to healthy foods to fill the void - and my exercise was through the roof!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Leangains WTF

I'm going to have to rethink this leangains thing. I will take measurements tomorrow morning before I make a final decision, but I'm thinking about quitting because I am TERRIBLE at following this plan. My calories have been over all the time this week, and some of the time last week. I enjoy eating this way in the sense that I find it easier to skip the carbs on the low days because I know I can eat them again in the next day or two. However, the high calorie days just seem to make me hungrier on the low calorie days and I keep going over. If I'm going to keep at this for another two months, then I have to find some way to stick to the plan. Exercising willpower and just not eating as much is not going to work, I am terrible at being hungry, and I make terrible decisions in the food department when I am super hungry.

<sigh>

I don't want to quit, I think I'm actually seeing good results...my arms look more defined, and my ribs are starting to really show, plus I dropped a band size in my bra, so there appears to be some fat loss...just not sure the fat loss will continue if I continue being 200+ calories over all the freaking time.

I was under the impression that after 3 weeks the hunger would kind of adapt, but that isn't happening, it's getting worse.

On the plus side, I have been mostly getting my protein at least!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Measurement results 5 weeks in:

weight +0.4 lb
    chest +2.25 in
    R/L arm +0.25 in each
    waist +0.25 in
    belly -0.25 in
    low belly -1 in
    R/L thigh -1 in each

going to stick with it, reducing the carbs a bit, getting 100% of the protein, and focusing more on quality food and less on calories - also moving my ab routine to strength training days and consolidating the cardio
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I'm the same way when it comes to dealing with hunger. I'm glad you decided to tweak it to fit you better and stick with it since you were happy with the results you were seeing! You're doing great! Keep it up! =)
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I don't know why my Monday update vanished, it was here, and now it's gone again.

Tuesday - exercise was awesome, food was slightly over on calories, but within my 200+/- window, and I got all my protein...so, given the happy hour I consider that pretty amazing!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Wednesday - food was a bit over on calories, but also over on protein!!! YAY!!! I really need to eventually get to the point where I'm eating about 20-30g more each day than my current goals, so I'm excited to have a day that was actually over, even if it did cause me to be a bit over in calories too...exercise was on point, I was the only one who showed up for yoga/pilates, so I basically had a private lesson, it was nice!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Thursday - food was a tad under since I worked out super late and forgot to have my post workout snack...I had to delay the workout because I was sooooo stuuuuuffed from dinner, who knew mac & cheese & fried eggs was so epically filling!!! Exercise was pretty on point, missed the ab routine, but did the whole weight workout with 15# on all the curls and shoulders, only had to drop to 8# for the tricep kickbacks, and did double bands for the pull-ups...so that was AWESOME, and I'm not even that sore yet today....going to try moving up to 20# next week so my darling husband can move up to 15#. My back muscles are actually visible now...so weird...but good.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    weekend was crazy, lots of drinking, not much working out, mother's day was so fun...back on track today
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Monday, food was good except for some wine I had in the evening - 2 small glasses, so kinda kept it under control...only managed 15 min of my combat workout because then I started having muscle spasms...so glad I'm seeing the chiro today, something has been kind of pulling in my mid-back and she will fix it all up!!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Is your back feeling better? @tcunbeliever
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Back is awesome, even had a chrio visit yesterday so now everything is super happy...kind of slacking on the exercise and food logging, but my eating was pretty on point (I think)...got to watch a bunch of plays, including one with my darling daughter last night...then fell asleep on the couch around 9, so missed my evening workout...but woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning...I'm thinking since this is recovery week I can get the upper body weights in tonight since there won't be another set Thursday, I'll have like 6 days of recovery instead of 7, but that should be fine and I hate to miss a strength workout...
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @tcunbeliever so glad to hear your back is feeling better!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Thursday - still running a bit tired, that usually hits during shark week but seems to have hit after this go round, I probably need to get back on the iron twice a week. Didn't do any formal workouts last night, but got in plenty of intense walking while complaining with one of the other dance mom's about the new ballet schedule:

It's totally not possible for my daughter to continue to progress in ballet with her current studio unless she moves to the high school classes as an 8th grader because they put all the classes for her level at 5pm or earlier and I can barely get her there for her current 5:30 classes. She's been approved to start pointe and EVERY SINGLE beginner pointe class is at 5:00. I have been clearly communicating the scheduling problems since she was in 5th grade and I could see that the early schedule was not going to work for us when she hit middle school, and not only is the issue not getting corrected but every single year more and more of the classes for her level are moved to earlier time slots - whiskey tango foxtrot - I'm trying not to take it personally, but given that I know many of the other families are also complaining it's kind of stupid that no one seems to be listening. So, now I'm on the hunt for a new studio, because if she is going to have to take classes with all new kids anyway then I might as well try to find a studio who has their schedule configured at a more convenient time. Finding a performance ballet studio that does beginner pointe and has a performing group is not easy, but there are some. She does not want to be in different classes from her friends, she does not want to take classes with the older girls, and she does not want to try a new studio. However, what she wants is not possible, thank you to whoever writes the fracking schedule.

Now that I'm done venting...again...I'm just so pissed...still.

It's good that this is a recovery week, I need to get some yoga in and let some of the stress out, have been getting lots of cardio via walking. Maybe I'll have more energy tonight and get in some combat!
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @tcunbeliever you sound so active ! Do you do your walking at a gym or on the street ? I don't ever call it 'cardio' because I never get my heart rate up high enough.