Tiffany's Progress Tracking

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Thursday #61 - food was pretty good, a bit carby, but not terrible...I only made it through about 10 min of evening strength training...I believe my daughter has infected me with her cold...so I was way too tired after 10 min to even continue...
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Friday #62 - I have the plague...got some walking in...left work early...ugh

Saturday #63 - still have the plague...keeping it keto...no workouts

Sunday #64 - still terrible...soooooo tired...no working out, food will still be keto
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Sunday #64 - update, I did manage 15 min of strength training (in 5 min increments) and 15 min of stretching...food was still mostly nothing, and stuck to keto items.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Aw, hope you start feeling better soon!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Monday - I managed some walking...I even had a slight appetite before dinner...probably still didn't eat enough, but appetite is gone...and I kinda want to go to bed even though it's only 7:30...but Lucifer is tonight, and I kinda want to watch my show too...tired, no more working out except maybe I'll stretch during the show...maybe...
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Tuesday - walking, some stairs, even some cube workouts...but only about 10 min of strength training which cause sneezing and coughing fits...at least some is better than none...and Lethal Weapon was good...I was also ravenous before dinner...definitely a sign that I'm getting better when my appetite comes back!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Tuesday #66 - I lost my count somewhere along the way...also, I finally keyed in my food from yesterday...way way way under in calories...<sigh>...this plague things just needs to go so I can get back to normal.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Wednesday #67 - Normal day, walking, etc, then tons of cooking after I got home, plus a glass of cranberry wine to get me into the spirit of the holiday...this is probably the first year I have cooked without a bit of snacking during cooking just because I still have a touch of the plague.

Thursday #68 - Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Had some turkey and a few sides at my son's thanksgiving, then some ham and a few sides at my mom's thanksgiving...it was an awesome day, but still no real appetite to speak of which made all the food kind of sad.

Friday #69 - Spent the day with family, fun, but still no appetite...I did eat some potato soup and some chili...went to the beach house after the visit and had a whiskey and pepsi before bed.

Saturday #70 - Room deconstruction, also went to Lowes to get supplies, and Wal-Mart for a few things. Didn't eat much, still no appetite, but I did manage some deviled eggs for lunch and a bowl of greens for dinner. Walked to the grocery, so that was the only formal exercise. Had my evening whiskey with diet pepsi, which tastes so much better than the real pepsi.

Sunday #71 - I had wheat, let's see if it triggers a migraine. Worked on room deconstruction, cleaned up, traveled back from the beach, had a glass of cranberry wine after dinner, fun times!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Monday #72 - first, no migraine...second, totally nailed the working out today...third, super hungry all day...it was hard to keep calories in line...fortunately tomorrow is an eat more day...

Bonus: I finished the December plan today!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I have been looking at results and evaluating my plan. Because it's the end of the month...and I haven't done measurements yet, but since I had the plague for 2 weeks I'm sure they won't be vastly different, which will be the second month the measurements haven't improved - in the sense of growing muscle, bigger arms/legs, the belly measurements are still shrinking at an acceptable rate.

I started keto 73 days ago for migraine control. It has been amazing for migraine control too, gotta love the lack of pain that comes with keto. However, I haven't seen a lot of muscle growth since going keto. The improvements were far more dramatic with leangains, and other than the plague, I have been awesome at hitting all my strength workouts, so it's not a lack of work adherence. With keto I have been calorie cycling as with leangains, but carbs/protein have been constant.

Keeping that in mind, I have adjusted my plan. I'm going to be carb cycling as well as calorie cycling - closer to what was working with Leangains, but with reduced carb levels compared to that plan.

Training days: 2230 cal, 112 carb (maximum), 112 protein (minimum)
    Rest days: 1339 cal, 25 carb (maximum), 112 protein (minimum)

I'll start today with the new plan, but real results are anticipated for December month end. The hope is that the extra carbs will help stimulate muscle growth, and that with the amount of cardio plus strength on those days it will still keep me in ketosis or close enough to reap the migraine control benefits. I can always adjust mid-month if the migraines start coming back or if I start feeling terrible.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Tuesday #73 - Yesterday was good on the exercise front - all the normal stuff, plus sculpt in the evening, it's a 48 min workout but I only made it 20 min before my joints were super achey and the coughing started, however, that's still 20 more min of strength training than I have done since contracting the plague, so I'm totally calling it a win!!! Calories were too low despite stuffing myself all day long with food and snacks, but again, it was way better than other days since having the plague, so my nutrition intake is up from where it was and I'm calling it a win!!!
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    glad to hear that you're feeling better
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Wednesday #74 - Yesterday was good in terms of planning and sticking to the plan, except for exercise...I did my normal daytime stuff, but I was tired and overslept so no morning workout, and I was super tired in the evening and in bed by 9:30pm, so no evening workout either...I guess my body is still not totally recovered, and one slack day will not be the end of the world.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Thursday #75 - stuck to the food plan, even though I was very tempted to have cranberry sauce instead of yogurt, that wasn't the plan, so I stuck to the plan...workouts were good, I switched out bbl sculpt for just doing weights, and no coughing fit, which is a bonus...this weekend is going to be total chaos, and I need to figure out how to get my workout in tomorrow before I head out of town...seems like I giant pita...
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Friday #76 - good on food, decent on exercise, probably the easiest D&D not to be over since I had to pick up the runner from a track meet at 11pm and couldn't have more than 2 drinks early on.

Saturday #77 - less than four hours of sleep = very little appetite...so I didn't get to bed until midnight after picking up the child...then I had to be back up at 4am so he could be back at the school at 5am for day 2 of the meet. I actually ate breakfast, which I almost never do, and I did strength training in the morning and lots of walking while the dancer was in class. However, not much appetite, in fact quite a bit of nausea and unhappy tummy. It was supposed to be an eat more day, but definitely didn't eat even as much as normal, much less more, and by the evening I was dozing on any time I sat at all still so my poor husband had to drive the whole trip to the beach. Then there was a parade when we got there, so I watched that with the dancer while he worked on the sheetrock removal.

Sunday #78 - more food today, swapped this out for my eat more day, probably still under, I was having connectivity issues and didn't log food, but I was STARVING all day long...mostly stuck to extra coffee with a little heavy cream. No formal workouts, but lots of pulling nails and cleaning up sheetrock dust, then the drive home.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Monday #79 - so hungry all day long...stuck to not eating until after my walk...racked up plenty of exercise (161 minutes) thanks to the hogwarts triwizard cup going on and work being dead...calories were slightly over, but I was over on protein, so I feel ok about that.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Tuesday #80 - wow, closing in on 3 months of keto. In any case, did good on food, skipped strength training in favor of making cake pops, and went to happy hour after work and had a flight size glass of scotch ale...totally yum, however, woke up today with a headache and feeling nauseous all morning...wheat is just totally not worth it for me, when will I freaking learn.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    That sucks that you woke up feeling like crap, hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow! (Also, learn today and I need to take my own advice =) haha.)
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Wednesday #81 - It's my birthday!!! So I went over on calories (a lot) and had a delightful 7 course meal for dinner and an entire bottle of wine...with no exercise all day except walking...but, I kept carbs mostly in line, and I feel ok despite what I ate last night, so keeping to the keto thing definitely helps with the migraines.

It was super delicious!!!

Smoked wild salmon pinwheels
    salmon tataki
    cobb salad
    broccoli and vermont white cheddar soup
    bacon wrapped scallops, parmesan risotto, mac & cheese
    cannoli
    mini eclair

Small portions of each and I was still totally stuffed and satisfied by the end...though I did have a snack later in the evening around 11pm.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Thursday #82 - didn't feel as bad today as I was anticipating given how much wheat I had the night before...this crazy keto thing does seem to be helping with the migraines, but so far it's not 100% cure. Maybe after the 2 year mark. In any case, it was an eat more day, and food was on point...exercise was light, just some hogwarts stuff in the evening plus walking and squats and such...I didn't do my strength training because I was tired and just felt terrible...welcome to shark week...bleah...also, the dress rehearsal is tonight so I finished up the trim on the dress so the ballerina would be all set to go...the weekend will be hectic, but I need to get my *kitten* in gear and get my exercise back on track...need to beast up for ravencon...just hard to feel at all beastie when I'm bloated and fat and ugly...aunt flow, I hate you...