Check In

Options

Replies

• NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie Welcome back! I hope you had a great trip. So exciting that you're trying and keeping up with your goals.

I'm having a tough time with food at the moment so I've decided to switch my calories to maintenance but concentrate on my exercise goals. I know being more consistent with exercise will help me feel less stressed and keep my mind off everything that is going on. (9 more days, arggghhhh)

On a happier note we've decided to take a short vacation to the West Edmonton Mall this October. Rebecca will adore the water park and it'll be nice to test out how she does on a plane (how her medical equipment is dealt with, her seating and everything else) on a shorter trip before we make any plans for longer trips to visit my family. Ideally I'd like to lose a few more pounds before then as well but I'm trying not to concentrate on that at the moment.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @verykatie Hey, I think I joined in your absence. Nice to meet you! :)

@CharliWhitman Nice to meet you too! :) Welcome to the group. How are you finding it so far? Let me know if you have any suggestions for the spreadsheet or the challenge. :)

@NatashaLP2014 Aaaaah I want to go to West Ed! I haven't been in ages... my husband keeps going without me haha. I met some people on my trip who live just outside Edmonton so one day we will have to visit them... and the water park lol.
  • CharliWhitman
    CharliWhitman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @verykatie Yeah it's been good thanks :) Nice to have a group of people on here, not joined one before :)
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @VeryKatie! I hope you had an awesome time on vacation! That's really exciting you two started TTC in Nice. @WifiresGettingFit did a great job of keeping us going while you were gone :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Thank you! =)@puffbrat
  • VeryKatie
    edited June 2016
    Options
    :rage: I am feeling tempted to do 5:2 again. 5 days of maintenance and 2 days of partial fasting. But it's a bad idea, right?

I am really struggling to get back on track and don't know why. I'm trying to remember that since we're trying, my health and eating habits matter more. I want to make sure I have proper nutrition.

I'm considering not worrying about losing weight any more so that I can eat more food... I guess I'm feeling like if I get pregnant, then these few pounds I'm struggling with now don't matter so much. But the problem is, I am about 6 pounds over goal, and 5 lbs over where I was just a month or so before I went on vacation. :pensive: Unfortunately, this makes me want to lose about 4 lbs really quickly. Oh how my brain works! Ugh. What I want to do and what I should do are completely contradictory right now!

Anyone else having any struggles?

• NatashaLP2014
    Options
    If you're having a hard time with control it isn't a terrible idea, but remember it won't necessarily lead to 4 pounds of weight loss rapidly. My maintenance is about 2000 calories while sedentary, so 5 days of 2000 and 2 days of 500 only leaves me with a weekly deficit of 3000, less then a pound.

As long as you are not getting dizzy or extremely hangry on those 500 calorie days it won't hurt you. 5:2 worked well for me while Becca was not sleeping properly and I had no control (my doctor was the one to suggest trying that eating plan). Buckling down for 2 days a week I could manage. Once I started exercising more and added more activity I found those 500 calorie days hard to sustain and felt better with the smaller daily deficit.

Lately I've been completely out of control, though I know it's from the stress of this appeals period. My sleep has been terrible, I can't concentrate on anything else but today is the last day and then we can finally start moving forward, I'm thinking of doing a weekly, rather than daily total, cycling through planned lower and higher days.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie
    How did you handle the fasting before? I kinda feel like it could go either way. If you are having trouble staying within your goal now, lowing it on any given day probably isn't going to work out and may lead to a binge. You know yourself the best and what you're able to handle but the fact that you said "but it's a bad idea, right?" kinda gives me the inclination that you already know that it isn't the answer.
    I suggest doing maintenance for a while and keep the focus on the nutrition for you and your future child because I really don't think 6 extra pounds is going to matter in the grand scheme of things - be proud of what you have accomplished thus far and give yourself a break and maybe let the last 6 pounds hang around for a bit longer and weight can fluctuate so much anyway you may be chasing cars with the last few pounds you know? I would just give yourself a goal range instead of a deadset goal weight because it's unlikely that you will stay at that weight on each and every weigh in anyway because of water weight, tom, sodium intake, etc. Basically I feel like your driving yourself crazy and being hard on yourself for nothing.

@NatashaLP2014 Today is the last day? That's good news! I hope things go well and you start feeling better and getting your sleep! *HUGS*
  • NatashaLP2014
    Options
    @NatashaLP2014 Today is the last day? That's good news! I hope things go well and you start feeling better and getting your sleep! *HUGS*

Sadly, nope. On the very last day they appealed the decision. Apparently it is a very common stalling tactic, because from their point of view, why not? They get to make 100's of thousands more in interest on that money which more then pays for the extra legal costs.

So now we are stuck for another 1-2 years while we wait for everything to go through the Appeals court and up to a year after that for the Appeals court to make their judgement. And I've been questioning very seriously whether we should have any more children or if we can financially get to the point where we need to before it is too risky. (While still providing what Rebecca needs.)

I cannot describe the utter frustration I am feeling.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @NatashaLP2014 I'm so sorry that that happened and that it's adding so much time. :( It's a very *kitten* tactic. *HUGS*

I know there really isn't anyway to make it easier or better but just know we are here for you!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @NatashaLP2014 That's so sad, those people are scum bags :rage::'( I feel like so many people in this world do things JUST to hurt other people. It's unnecessary and very, very sad. I'm sorry you're experiencing this :(
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @NatashaLP2014 I'm so sorry to hear that! What a horrible thing for those people to do. I can't even imagine the frustration and hurt you and your family must feeling right now. I hope you know that we will be here for you anytime you need to talk or vent. <<HUGS>>
  • NatashaLP2014
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate it so much. I'm feeling a lot better now after the weekend, especially since I've got my eating back under control.

My husband and I talked about things and we've decided we need to push forward as if the lawsuit doesn't exist. We've been playing a holding pattern for much too long, waiting to do things when it's resolved. Rebecca gets her first wheelchair early next year so a converted van is the biggest, closest expense in our future. So we're going to start gathering all the materials we need for funding to help us with that purchase.

I'm going to proceed as if we are still going to try for another child next year. I think I will need to have a very forthright and frank conversation with family and my few close friends. If I end up hospitalized or put on bed rest we are going to need a lot of help with Rebecca and we can't afford to pay the caregivers constantly. (We pay them $20 an hour when they watch her now or $200 for a 12 hour overnight.)

Three things I want to concentrate on right now are:
    Eating, Activity and Cleaning house.
  • wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    5'1" and 118 pounds as of yesterday. My goal weight is to be 105 pounds by September 21.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @NatashaLP2014 I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm glad you guys were able to come up with a plan on how to move forward. I hope everything works out! =)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    @NatashaLP2014 I'm so sorry to hear that! Terrible news :-(
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @NatashaLP2014 I'm glad you're able to have that discussion and make those decisions in the situation you have. I think that's a really good way to look at it :) Very brave, and healthy. Take back your life from those mean lawyers.
  • VeryKatie
    edited July 2016
    Options
    BOOM! My Google Sheets is working at work again! All I had to do was re-dock my laptop hahaha.

ETA: Nevermind. Ugh. I can edit a cell and then it boots me off. Then I reopen it, edit a cell, and then it boots me off. Stupid sheet..
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie That sucks that the spreadsheet still doesn't work for you while you're at work.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    So I'm in a tiny bit of a pickle. I haven't lifted weights since before my vacation and I want to get back into it. But I'm finding myself nervous to do so, just IN CASE I'm pregnant. If I had been doing it regularly, I don't think I'd be nervous, but since I took time off of it, I am now. Do you think it would be ok to start again? Or is this a doctor question?