Check In

Options

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie I'm glad to hear that your boss clarified the travel expectations and it is a much better schedule for you.

@Kirstie155 I'm glad your back on track!

That really sucks you've been denied the last 2 years. Do they provide a reason? I hope you can get it this time.

My weekend was a really nice combination of fun, relaxing, and productive. Yesterday Leo (husband) and I took the puppy to a nearby lake to go swimming for the first time. That was really fun and the puppy loved the water. Unfortunately, his collar came off in the water and we couldn't find it. I have to buy a new one and tag today.

I keep thinking I'm getting back on track and then will still go overboard during the weekend leaving me at maintenance. I thought I was actually going to maintain this weekend which would position me for losing this week. But I when I entered my Fri-Sun calories in the spreadsheet this morning I realized how much I went over, which explains my 1 pound gain. At least I'm maintaining. My husband asked if we need to do lighter calorie dinners and cut back desserts. I told him no, that I need to work on portion sizes, self-control, and snacking but I'm starting to think the answer is actually yes.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    So I thought I'd start watching Suits today since Shameless wasn't keeping my interest only to find out that it isn't available to stream anymore on Netflix. At least I wasn't in the middle of watching it because that would have really pissed me off. But I just had the idea to check on Amazon and it is available for steam with Prime so yay!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    What's everyone's plans for the weekend?

Saturday, I believe Andrew and I are going to do some shopping as there is going to be a couple clearance sales and I'm not sure about Sunday but probably nothing overly exciting.
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Saturday is the Seafair parade at 10am in our town so we'll probably take Becca to that.

This weekend Becca goes for respite care for six hours (Noon to six) on Saturday. So Jason(husband) and I will probably go for lunch, maybe thai food, then play some Pokemon Go at the beach. Then as my step-mom likes to say we'll practice trying for a baby, haha.

The rest of the weekend will be chores, groceries, picking our early apples and blackberries. I have to check if the figs and plums are ready but if I remember correctly they likely need a few more weeks. I need to figure out what to do with all the apples. It's a big crop this year, we've already gotten 3 grocery bags full and there is likely double that if not more still on the tree. We get bears so we can't just let them fall and they are a cooking apple, not very nice to just eat.

We'll probably go for a hike on Sunday morning and head to the beach if we can manage to get the stuff done that we need to on Saturday.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Sounds like a good weekend ahead @NatashaLP2014 Enjoy your practice;)
    I have no idea what to suggest you do with the apples. haha All I can think about is apple pie.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @puffbrat I hurt by back 2 years ago and have been denied ever since. Even though I only took a week off work, I did end up in PT for 4 months. As far as insurance goes though, I never was hospitalized or got disability or anything :'( but they still deny me. I also threw my back out again in April this year-again no hospital or anything, just a week on the couch with some Vicodin.
    For maintenance, I now go to the chiropractor 1x a week and am working on more movement, stretching, yoga, weightlifting...something. So far just the chiropractor has stuck, haha!
    @verykatie 's status update has me asking hubby for a squat rack for my birthday though, I love lifting! There is never anyone at home to spot me, and I hate gyms. I'll keep you posted!

@NatashaLP2014 make applesauce and can it. Yum!
    @WifiresGettingFit I have a obligatory dinner to go to on Saturday with somone from out of town, a thing with my parents friend and then Im going to clean my house. Yay! :-1:

They cant all be super exciting, right? Its supposed to break 100 degrees this weekend! Eep!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've been interested in lifting for a while but haven't got around to it yet. Going to the gym isn't an option and neither is a home gym right now but ultimately that's what I want. I prefer working out at home. Will probably just do body weight training until then - though I haven't really started that either. I don't know when I became such a procrastinator but if I could I would go to that moment and kick my own *kitten*.

Anyway, @Kirstie155 Anytime someone says obligatory I figure it probably isn't on their happy to do things list. haha I hope the dinner goes well though. I need to clean as well but I tend to put that off and off and off so only one or two things get done at a time instead of the five or six things I need to do. Sigh. haha I did see that my area has a storm coming this weekend and we are going to be in the 90's (I don't know specifics but I think high 90's, I don't watch the weather haha but Andrew mentioned it earlier) Apparently we are in for a heat wave at some point too or that is the heat wave they are talking about maybe with humidity...anyway...not really looking forward to that.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I'm sorry to hear about your back and that they are using that as a reason to deny you. Good to hear going to the chiropractor is helping.

Leo has been wanting a home gym since before we bought our house. He now seems to actually be ready to start buying equipment. I appreciated that he asked me what I do at the gym and would want at home so he can get the necessary equipment for me to get rid of my gym membership.

I took Friday off this week just to have a day off. I plan to exercise the dog, and then spend the rest of the day reading and possibly watching Harry Potter movies. No plans for this weekend. Last weekend Leo suggested getting up early, heading up north, going hiking with the dog and then having breakfast at a place that allows dogs on the patio. We didn't do it because we both wanted to sleep in. Maybe this weekend.... Otherwise I just have the usual chores to do.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat sounds like a nice relaxing weekend! Enjoy your extra day off! =)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    And now I'm behind on my replies haha.

@Kirstie155 It is great you're back on track and that LCHF is working so well for you! You were asking about the squat rack and such on my status. Do you think you'll be ok to lift with a bad back? Or will it actually help improve your back? Just to let you know, I bought everything off Amazon. Sure made things easy haha. If you want the totals I can message you, but it's all Canadian pricing and dollars, which might make it look more expensive than it is. Ah, actually I did buy the mirror from a place I work near though. Got a $400 dollar mirror for $125 (win).

@WifiresGettingFit How are you liking Suits so far? If you're interested in weight lifting but don't have space right now, maybe consider "Body by You: You Are Your Own Gym". It's a progressive calisthenics book that uses hardly any equipment (you need a chin up bar likely and an old belt... and I'd recommend at least one glove). I liked it while I did it. Didn't do it long enough to comment on results though. But I think it would do the trick! It takes about 30 minutes or so (probably not more than 45) every other day. You might want to consider if there are any doors in the house that you don't like though. You use the door to do pulling exercises and after I moved out of my apartment, I found myself worried about the door. Not that I ever damaged the apartment door... but I'm worried nonetheless.

@NatashaLP2014 it sounds like you have a nice weekend coming up. I like that saying - practicing for baby making LOL. I will be using that in the future. For the apples, maybe baked apples? Core them and stuff butter and brown sugar in them? Maybe apple jam! Apple jam is probably a thing that exists... I also have a nice recipe for a quinoa salad that uses chopped tart apples in it. And pecans (though I use almonds since they're cheaper). And cheese and... a dressing... good warm or cold.

@puffbrat you make me want to watch Harry Potter :) I approve of the home gym. I like mine. I only miss being able to workout at lunch, which seems to be my highest energy time. I still need to buy some cardio equipment. But there are lots of things I can do for cardio at home that don't take equipment. Which... makes me want to play that dancing game I have for Kinect.

I have a busy weekend coming up, but all good things. Friday is Chris's sister's birthday party (her birthday is today). Then Saturday morning we're heading out to a friend's cabin. Coming back mid-Sunday to have a birthday dinner with Chris's dad (who'd birthday is the 24th) and to go to church. Then it's back to work on Monday... on which I have a 3 hour meeting booked :bawling: And then... I have to plan a dinner to make for when Chris's family comes over for his birthday dinner on the 29th! Yup... 3 birthdays in 8 days. Busy, busy time of year (it's busier than Christmas, I swear!). Luckily for me, Chris wants the most disgusting cake ever for his birthday so I won't have trouble not partaking in at least one cake. It seems I'm the only one in the city who hates that cake though. Must be something wrong with me. I also should get some quotes for the materials for my deck at some point...

Thanks everyone for your comments the other day when I really needed support! I felt very loved :blush:

And um... shout out to @teegan84 and @motivatedsister - come join us in here!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @VeryKatie I have not had any luck getting to watch Suits. Just now I tried and it's lagging so much that it's not even watchable - not sure if it's the internet, my computer or what but I will try again tomorrow. haha
    I actually have both those books and am currently reading the Body By You one. I'm gonna give them a try though I'm not sure if I trust any of our doors. Thanks for the insight and recommendations!
    Holy crap that is a lot of birthdays in a short amount of time! Not to mention a long *kitten* meeting to deal with. Oh a deck sounds nice! I could go for a a deck...and a pool but first I should probably get a house. haha

We have such a good group here! :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie All right so after taking it out of HD and having my internet decide that it will work full force I am almost finished with the first episode of Suits and I can already say I'm addicted. haha I love it!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    I'm glad you're liking Suits, @WifiresGettingFit !

I think I might have gotten my mojo back.. this week is the test. We're celebrating all those birthdays starting tonight. I still can't decide what to get Chris for his birthday. I got him a bottle of Crown Royal Apple but I want to get him something more. Plus I still owe him a first anniversary gift. He got me a cute orange dutch oven :)

I had quite the bout of motion sickness last night coming home from softball. That sucked but I am better now (no day off for me). In fact... I'm at work early for an 8:00 am meeting. Fun times.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie I was almost done with season one and then it caught Andrew's attention so now he has to get caught up on it and then we will watch it together so now I'm waiting...impatiently. haha =P
    I must want you to be pregnant because I read motion sickness as morning sickness. haha Glad you're feeling better!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit I think the real solution would be that you can watch an episode a week until he catches up... just in case he never gets around to it! But Andrew has to marathon it.

How is everyone else doing? I've had a couple successful days since making an accountability pact with a friend. The only thing I haven't been able to manage is fitting in exercise. But I think after birthday week, I will have time.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    I must want you to be pregnant because I read motion sickness as morning sickness. haha Glad you're feeling better!

I read it the same way :)

I'm doing well. I feel like I am FINALLY getting back on track. I lost half a pound last week and am on track for the same this week. The one thing that worries me for this week is that I'm going out to dinner tonight but I don't know where. It looks like I should have over 800 calories left for dinner if I don't go on a snack binge this afternoon. I am more concerned with water retention from the sodium than calories. I might just log my weight a day or 2 late this week if I gain today.

I also had an unexpected meeting with my supervisor this morning with a really positive outcome! There's going to be a personnel shake-up soon that will provide an opening for me to get into some work I have been wanting to do that fits much more into my background. As long as everything goes as planned, this could be the move that allows me to finally actually enjoy my new job rather than just accepting and tolerating it.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie haha Thanks for the suggestion - I like it - though I'm not sure i could just watch one episode. haha

@puffbrat haha glad I wasn't the only one that read it like that!
    Good to hear that you're getting back on track! I think 800 should be plenty for dinner!
    That's great to hear about the job change, I hope it works out!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Hahah yep definitely motion sickness not morning sickness. I hope morning sickness will not come with the accompanying headache :(
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    So sorry I've been off the radar. Still here, reading your replies but not having the time to write a decent one back. Work is crazy, gone like 12 hours everyday (eep.)

@VeryKatie I started back up to strong lifts 5x5 and am also part of that group here, and saw that you are too! I'm hoping Chris will let me buy more weights-I have like 120lbs of weights, and none less than 5lbs, so have to get creative to up my lifts by <10. i will soon need more weights, and a squat rack. Looking at about $400 Do you use an olympic set? Trying to decide what I want. The weights we have are standard size concrete plates on a small, terrible, cheap bar. I also have a second hand oly bar...but might want to just replace with a new set. Too hard to hobble together a working set. Was thinking about dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10793623 this one. Thoughts? Also, proper lifting is great for the back...I need a strong one for pregnancy :smirk:

All in all Ive been eating on play (very low carb) and lifting and even did yoga this week. Anyone have plans for the weekend?
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I hate 12 hour days. haha

I don't know if you've seen this already @Kirstie155 but just in case you haven't http://stronglifts.com/home-gym-equipment-buyer-guide/

I'll just be visiting family this weekend, maybe a little shopping. I have my nephew's birthday party this weekend as well. That's about it.