Check In

Options

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I was doing pretty well until yesterday. I was caught off guard by my 900 calorie dinner. I knew it would be high but yikes!

After having a long talk on Saturday, my husband and I decided it's time for me to stop taking birth control. I had 1 active pill left in this month's BC pack for that night, but my husband told me not to bother with it. He was so cute; yesterday he Googled how to make a baby (yes, he understands the basics :) ) He also asked me if I was going to start putting "S"s on the calendar to indicate when we need to do the deed.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Ohmahgawwwwd @puffbrat that is so exciting!!! I'm so happy for you, weren't you planning on waiting just a bit longer? Thats awesome that he suggested it! Sqweeelz! :joy::joy::joy: My neighbors baby is due in a few weeks, and I wish we were close so it wouldn't be weird for me to come over and love on their ickle little bebe. But we are still basically strangers, so prob not gonna happen.

I'm not ready to start trying yet. Nope. I've been struggling really hard this week getting enough sleep, and even tried -unsuccessfully- to nap yesterday. Work is a MESS and sometimes I feel like hubby and I are barely keeping it together at home. Just kinda going thought the motions, ya know? Gawd I need that vacation!

On another note, my new bumper plates come today, so hopefully I'll have the energy to lift today...since yesterday I was like a newborn kitten and needed naps and could barely make it up the stairs and was all in all a whiny mess. Stupid period :neutral:

Sorry everyone for being such a Debbie Downer, but real life isn't always sunshine and roses. I'm cranky and tired, hahaha! :trollface:
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @puffbrat THIS IS SO EXCITING! So we will be TTC at the same time? I guess so haha. The spreadsheet has you down for September lol. Time to baby dance (BD) LOL. Apparently that's the term used to refer to doing the deed hahah. It's also cute your husband is Googling things too. I've been doing all of ours... other than Chris likes to look up probabilities of getting pregnant. Boring!

@Kirstie155 it's true, lift sometimes just feels out of hand! That was me, last winter. It has thankfully passed. The vacation really helped!! You could use the new neighbour baby to make friends. Buy a $12 outfit and bring it over as a gift. Maybe with a casserole too. And you don't sound like a Debbie Downer, so I wouldn't worry about that! We all struggle. It's why we have this group haha.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    I'm sooo excited!! I'm trying not to charge forward and design the nursery without being pregnant, LOL. @VeryKatie we will be TTC at the same time! I'm sure I will be demanding advice from you since you do so much research :)

@Kirstie155 we were planning to wait a little longer. I had us down on the spreadsheet to start TTC in September which was based on a conversation last fall, but expected to push that date. I just noticed that my husband keeps bringing up me getting pregnant and us having a baby more often. I've forgotten the context, but he brought it up again Saturday night while we were walking the dog. Since it's almost September and I was basically at the end of the BC pack, I just asked what he was thinking about TTC at this point and wondering if I should go get my refill. I suggested several options from starting now, waiting until November when I will have been at my job 1 year and qualify for FMLA, waiting until the new year, or waiting a little longer after that. After a lot of talk about how long it takes for BC to leave a woman's system, the official medical line of it taking an average of up to 1 year to get pregnant under normal circumstances, the chances of fertility issues, my age, finances, etc. we decided to go ahead and just start.

I totally understand how you feel Kirstie and am happy to let you vent whenever you need to. That was me earlier this year. I was almost hesitant to bring up TTC this weekend since life has been so nice the last few months and I hate to disrupt that. Our marriage is much stronger than it has been all year, we have settled into life with the puppy and have a working routine, I'm generally much happier and getting back to crafting.... I'm still always tired. That just seems to be a natural state for me :/ which worries me about having kids. I'm just gonna have to deal it. I hope you get that much needed nap!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I had an okay week but calorie wise...it was a bust. I had only gained about 1.5 - 2 pounds on vacation which wasn't bad but instead of getting some of it off this week I may have put another pound or two on so I'm determined to make this week a lot better otherwise I will not be losing 20 pounds by December. haha
    I have at least kept up with my work outs but that's about it.

@puffbrat EEE! That's super exciting! Yay!! haha your husband googling stuff is super cute! good luck!

@Kirstie155 I agree with everything @VeryKatie said. You could definitely make a new friend with the neighbor and you aren't being a debbie downer. This group is to share the ups and downs and life definitely isn't all sunshine and roses! Just know we are here for you! =)

• puffbrat
    Options
    This isn't remotely related to weight/food/exercise, but...I spray painted my mailbox yesterday afternoon with dinosaur stencils and glitter paint! It's so awesome! I think my husband fears for the state of our house and the things I will do/buy once we have a kid.
  • VeryKatie
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Oh boy, yesterday started off so well! I made it past dinner and then.. the nachos happened. They weren't off limits this week based on my goals... but now they are lol. I just did some cardio at lunch to try to work off some of the nacho calories haha. Was also supposed to lift yesterday but didn't. Having trouble getting into a routine with that. I even had the day off work yesterday... BUT I did look back at my lifting log. I've actually never been the most consistent... even though I thought I was. I'm going to start working on that.

So I'm going to lift as soon as Chris leaves for baseball tonight. And then have dinner (I might prep dinner while he is still home so that it's easy to put into the oven when I'm done my workout). And snacks are off limits tonight. So I shall colour (wee it's turning out so nice, I should post a picture lol) and then got to bed early. Maybe read. It's been a while since I read in bed. MAYBE I'll go for a walk or leisurely bike ride (more to pass the time than to be active), depending how I'm feeling.

@Kirstie155 I saw your news feed post saying you're feeling thinner this morning :) Maybe your whoosh happened!

@puffbrat your mailbox sounds so cute now! I still have to put mine on my house. Along with house numbers.

@WifiresGettingFit good job ok keeping workouts consistent :) We can work together on getting our eating under control lol.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat haha I want to see your mailbox now, it sounds awesome! =P

@VeryKatie I wish I knew what to say to help you get back on track and stay on track but as you know I'm over here suffering with consistency myself haha so yes, let's work together to get our eating under control! We've got this! (or at least we won't give up until we do. haha) Is the coloring helping you? I have a coloring book of owls that Andrew got me maybe I should give it a go.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit I think the colouring would have helped if I hadn't done it all day and become bored in the evening which is when I snacked. It's worth giving a try!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Are you going to show us the finished product? =P I will definitely give it a try since currently the colored pencils, book and sharpener are just collecting dust. I even think my coloring came with a relaxation CD or something. haha Who knows - maybe it'll be what I've needed all along.
  • VeryKatie
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Sure, I can post it when that first one is done. It takes a while! I thought I would like the pictures the more designated small shapes there were. Turns out I had a lot of fun with the big blank areas. Blending colours and schtuff like that. Now I don't know what to do with the little bits that I have to fill in. I have an idea, it'll just take a while (probably worked on it for 4-6 hours yesterday and am only half done lol).
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Oh I imagine it does take some time. The designs can be quite intricate. I look forward to seeing it when it's done!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    I love coloring! I bought two coloring books around Christmas but still haven't used them for some reason. I keep randomly running into them when I don't want to color, but if I went to find them right now I would have no idea where they are. I guess I should find and use them.

I'm trying hard and miserably failing at controlling my eating today. I haven't stayed as well within my new 1500 calorie goal as I would like, but it's helping me do a better job of staying within my previous 1650 goal :# . Today I just feel hungry and out of control though. I think a lot of it is from feeling exhausted and possibly coming down with a cold. My period is also supposed to start in the next couple days, and I've noticed PMS affecting my hunger worse than usual the last couple months. I think my goals for the rest of today are: take a nap, don't eat all the food in the house, don't go buy junk food (beyond the Reese's I got from the vending machine an hour ago), and let my husband make dinner.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I haven't colored in I don't know how long...it's been years. (of course I'm going to change this soon. haha)

I've had those feelings a lot (the ravenous and out of control hunger) and it happens either a week before my period or a couple days before and during the first few days of the actual cycle - it really isn't consistent from what I've noticed and I'm due to start tomorrow. I woke up today with a headache that turned into a migraine so that was the only thing that stopped me from eating everything because I had no appetite since I was having waves of nausea. I hope you feel better @puffbrat and aren't coming down with anything! Being sick sucks - being sick on your period sucks even more. I hope you succeed on your goals for the day, I know you can do it!
  • wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am 113 pounds and my goal weight is 105 (then I will try for pregnancy).
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Thanks @WifiresGettingFit! I still think I might be getting a cold but feel way better than yesterday. Apparently yesterday's fatigue, headache and hunger was my hormones going nuts right before my period started. I completely blew my calories for the day and actually stopped logging mid-afternoon in defeat. I did go back and guesstimate the rest of yesterday just now.

@wantoldme Sounds like you are close to your goal! We are here to offer support and encouragement anytime.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    My dinosaur mailboxxoc3xn19e9si.jpeg
    fmcfihay3btd.jpeg
  • wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat thanks, no one understood why I wanted to lose weight since I have always been thin but I decided I wanted to lose some weight before we try getting pregnant.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @wantoldme You're doing awesome, you've got this! =)

@puffbrat Glad you're feeling better! That sucks though that you still might be coming down with a cold. Yesterday was a terrible one for me too and I'll be starting my period today - so hopefully I can keep my head out of the fridge. haha LOVE LOVE LOVE the mailbox! =)
  • VeryKatie
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @puffbrat and @WifiresGettingFit I hope you are both feeling better now! Headaches, migraines and colds suck!

@puffbrat it's interesting you mentioned you get super hungry with your period... I noticed something new with myself that I never noticed before. I can eat pretty well on target starting the 3rd day or so of my period... but then all of a sudden, a couple weeks later, I can't control myself (well I could if I tried harder I guess). It coincides perfectly with ovulation and when my temperature increases. So I am wondering if it's a hormone thing now. I was much more consistent with my eating (ok maybe not MUCH more, but at least a bit more) while I was on birth control. I've been struggling more since I went off of it. I had been blaming it on bad vacation habits, but maybe that's not what it is. Also... your mailbox is cute!!

@wantoldme We understand your goals here, I think we're all in the same boat, even if we (or I lol) struggle. You can be a healthy weight and still want to get to a lower healthy weight, especially with pregnancy looming.

So I'm searching for a new plan. 1450 calories a day wasn't working. 1650 has worked in the past but I can't remember if I tracked exercise calories or not. But I also want to really get in a habit of consistent exercise. I've been having issues since it seems like TTC and weight loss are opposing goals (I keep worrying about losing weight even though I know a slow weight loss should be fine). But EXERCISE is something that is good for both goals. So maybe THAT should be my main focus for now. I'm sick and tired of feeling motivated every morning only to lose it every evening. I want to feel positive about myself and my progress instead of disappointing myself. *Sigh*. Maybe one of these days it'll fall into place.

Another thing I think is affecting me more than I thought is my having given up coffee. I used to use it as an appetite suppressant. Now I lost that.