Oops. Ate the.......

Options

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Carbs never actually make me feel unwell. I'm making Chinese style barbequed chicken sticky rice, tomorrow. It's super delicious, not especially fattening, and I'll probably go over my carbs, but probably not way over.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    yep, in memory of my dearly departed fat bombs, i will now restrain myself from replacing them...until a proper period has passed. they are just too good. im just relegating myself to perusing recipes and drooling until i feel i can splurge on them again. really liking the looks of maple walnut fudge....OH MAN HELP MEEEEE!! ;)

I've not caught myself drooling but I definitely fondle packages of things in the grocery store until I convince myself to put them back on the shelf.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! oh man, thank you! I thought I was the only food pervert. Lolol

Snort. Food pervert... LOL :D Love it.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    yep, in memory of my dearly departed fat bombs, i will now restrain myself from replacing them...until a proper period has passed. they are just too good. im just relegating myself to perusing recipes and drooling until i feel i can splurge on them again. really liking the looks of maple walnut fudge....OH MAN HELP MEEEEE!! ;)

I've not caught myself drooling but I definitely fondle packages of things in the grocery store until I convince myself to put them back on the shelf.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! oh man, thank you! I thought I was the only food pervert. Lolol

Believe it or not, food perversion does exist outside the the LCD group, but it's comparatively rather primitive. For example, here's a food-sex crime case from the veritable crack of the new millenium:

http://articles.philly.com/2000-01-28/news/25597822_1_cookie-firm-bread-baked-goods
    http://articles.philly.com/2000-11-21/news/25612449_1_psychiatric-evaluation-bread-heckler

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Oops. Ate the cashews - yum!
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This is no longer a "diet" for me, but my new way of life. Last Sat my husband brought me (not the kids!!) to his favorite Mexican Spot, he said he did this bc he appreciates me...I wanted him to feel good, so I ate chips, cheese dip, then got a Taco salad and ate the dang shell. It was delicious,....and I was still in ketosis the next day. Its ok. Every now and then to eat something you really want, as long as you say " ok, thats enough.." and dont fall for the cravings it may bring. For now, I saw once a month I will have my Mexican treat
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    BBC1986 wrote: »
    I wanted him to feel good, so I ate chips, cheese dip, then got a Taco salad and ate the dang shell.
    So.... did he feel good? Inquisitive minds are dying to know.

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I ate sticky rice for lunch and felt fine, but didn't want anything other than a spoonful of peanut butter for dinner, and can't stop thinking about delicious, fatty, salty peanut butter.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I donated blood yesterday and I ate the cookies afterwards. And then today there was a birthday party. I was doing good, just nibbling on the cheese tray items, and then there was homemade chocolate mint cake. Chocolate mint is my favourite, so I ate a piece (originally my plan was to mooch a bite from hubby and not have my own plate). If it had been any other kind of cake I wouldn't have given in I don't think ;)
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    My blizzard Thursday led me to a potatoe Friday and fish and chips Saturday and today it led me back to my woe because I feel like crap again....I will never learn lol
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Believe it or not, food perversion does exist outside the the LCD group, but it's comparatively rather primitive. For example, here's a food-sex crime case from the veritable crack of the new millenium:

http://articles.philly.com/2000-01-28/news/25597822_1_cookie-firm-bread-baked-goods
    http://articles.philly.com/2000-11-21/news/25612449_1_psychiatric-evaluation-bread-heckler

Well, I'll be... I had no idea.:hushed: It seemed funny to me because that day my mom brought some cookies over for the kids and every time I walked by I would use the container lid to fan the smel towards myself. Nothing like the smell of fresh chocolate chip cookies.
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My brother's band was playing at a fair, today. After, he got a pile of onion strings which are my biggest weakness and my favorite food. I had a small handful of them. I should still stay under my carb count, but I know the flour and probably fried in vegetable oil part isn't the best for me.
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Lots of protein fat and beer over the weekend. Gained 4 pounds of beer weight. Didn't really drink much water so it can't be that....
    ;)
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I screwed up a lot this weekend. Friday we ordered Chinese food, which wasn't too bad in and of itself: egg drop soup, one egg roll, and chicken with broccoli--I left the rice alone, but I ate a fortune cookie. But what happened next: 5-6 cans of beer and half a bag of Tostitos. *sigh* Then Saturday I decided I didn't care and asked hubby to bring me a regular burger (with the bun and fries) from Wendy's. Sunday we went to father-in-law's favorite Mexican restaurant for Father's Day, and I ate the chips, two bottles of Modelo Especial, and a spinach and cheese quesadilla. I felt so disgusting. Monday morning I decided to push the reset button. I've had cheat meals before, but that was my first cheat weekend in 16 months (okay, okay, so I went on hiatus when I spent a week at my parents' house, but I still ate much healthier than I did this weekend).
  • DrJudithC
    DrJudithC Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my wine on weekends. It's just part of my lifestyle. I can go without it for days at at time but when the afternoon is warm, and the sun is out and it's summer.....
  • 45forme
    45forme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just starting out but recently learned my beloved Tim Horton's large double double has 30g carbs - eek! :o

Guess I'll be giving those up! Right after I finish this one on my desk... ;)
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    45forme wrote: »
    Just starting out but recently learned my beloved Tim Horton's large double double has 30g carbs - eek! :o

Guess I'll be giving those up! Right after I finish this one on my desk... ;)

I tend to bring a small jar of whipping cream, or coconut oil and butter out to coffee, just in case I can't get unsweetened whip cream for my coffee... Or I drink it black but that's just no fun.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    . . . Perkins Strawberry Pie. NO, I'm not sorry. YES, I will do this again. Strawberry Pie is a seasonal offering at Perkins and I'm already looking forward to next Spring. I've decided to make this an annual treat. Just like I'm going to have turkey with STUFFING and GRAVY for Thanksgiving. Those are the two treats I'll be having annually. I'll eat those two things even if they make me sick! They will be worth it.

Hmmm....I bet there's a low carb stuffing out there...I've already made low carb gravy by subbing real flour for coconut or almond. Almond makes the gravy a little grainy but tasty. I have to experiment with stuffing and start now so I can post a recipe that's fabulous come the holidays.

If you share a recipe for low carb stuffing, we may need to wed.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I found some low carb stuffing recipes around Thanksgiving time but never made them. I think most of them have you make some sort of bread with almond flour for the breadcrumb part.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    This week and last haven't been my best. Taco bell, Arbys and Mc Donalds :(

June's been my worst month by far but I've had a lot of things in my personal life go wrong and of course turned to comfort food. Today's a new day. I've resolved as much as I could in my life and diet wise am getting back on the wagon. We all stumble sometimes but what's important is you identify what's wrong, you do your best to fix it and move on.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

OMG.. me with Oreos. Americans have SO MANY FLAVORS of oreos and I want all of them in my mouth! LOL. I pick each one up and think "well wouldn't that be nice, oh I bet birthday cake is good.. oh man, reese peanut butter flavor.. is that blueberry pie? What is that flavor? but look at all that sugar.." and put it back. Even though I obviously know there's sugar in there I just look. Lol.