Oops. Ate the.......

Options

Replies

• KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @KetoGirl83 At least it has 6 g fiber although I know this forum's rules are to count total carbs. I bet it was pretty delish. t19132.gif

Yep! I must forget just how delish. The problem is not the carbs per se, that's workable, it's that the sweet taste is a very slippery slope for me. :'(
    Maybe I'll dilute the carbs, add cream, whip it all and make fat bombs. t1924.gif

::flowerforyou::
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Yes! You could even freeze them in ice cube trays (a white elephant these days) and eat them in smaller bits.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    ...this forum's rules are to count total carbs.

Au contraire! There are LCers, er, going both ways (YMMV), but I'd venture to guess there are more LC folks in the net carbs camp.

The trusty LaunchPad even has a link to a page of MFP scripts (thanks, @baconslave ), including this script you can download and install in your desktop browser to display net carbs.
  • Cryren8972
    Cryren8972 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My favorite drink is a "Bloody Caesar".
    Vodka with clamato juice.

Vodka is 67 call, 14gr carbs, 4 fat, 0 protein.

6oz of clamato is 90 cal, 20gr carbs, 0 fat, 1gr protein.

Five or six sure does throw the carbs and calories through the roof.
    Feel like I gained 4 pounds last night.

No booze
    No booze
    No booze
    :s

Vodka doesn't have carbs, does it? When I google it...it says zero carbs.
  • Cryren8972
    Cryren8972 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oh! To answer the question....it was watermelon.
    Lots and lots of watermelon.
    I told myself I was just going to have a cup. But a WHOLE watermelon was here.
    I lied...TWO watermelons were here.
    Guess who probably ate a whole watermelon by herself.
    This girl!
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    ...this forum's rules are to count total carbs.

Au contraire! There are LCers, er, going both ways (YMMV), but I'd venture to guess there are more LC folks in the net carbs camp.

The trusty LaunchPad even has a link to a page of MFP scripts (thanks, @baconslave ), including this script you can download and install in your desktop browser to display net carbs.

My misunderstanding. For some reason I thought I saw somewhere that "we agree that carbs mean total carbs" was one of the "rules" but now I can't seem to find that. I am a net carb person. Thank you.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    You're in good company.

(Some folks have gut reactions (literally) to fiber that require them to account for fiber content, etc.)
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Today is my 5 year work anniversary. People brought in mimosa fixings, slutty brownies, homemade cookies, and pumpkin muffins and I let myself be guilted into trying all of it. How I feel nauseated and bloated, and I remember EXACTLY why I don't eat this way. Bleagh.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    <--- wonders what "slutty" brownies are, exactly
  • closetlibrarian
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »

Slutty brownies are a bottom layer of chocolate chip cookie, followed by a layer of oreo, and topped with brownie. She uses tollhouse cookie dough and ghirardelli brownie mix. Craziness.
  • ellenfleischman
    ellenfleischman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Karlottap wrote: »
    When I'm at the check out counter now I will look at all the chocolate bars (that I used to buy and eat on the way home, or board in my dresser so no one knew!) and laugh to myself! I didn't see them as fuel before LCHF, and I certainly don't now! I'm not sure how I viewed them before, but it was an addiction there is no doubt!

Like a drug addict, walking through a store with their favorite options on display! I'm so glad I can laugh and move on now!

I'm in that same boat. There was never a shopping trip without a candy bar and a soda on the way home. Or sometimes...those cinnamon mini doughnuts - and not just a pack of 6 but a family size bag. Half would be gone before I drove the 10 miles home. No more of that. It was a social thing or "just something I did" or "I deserve a treat". Now it's "why would I put that in my body when I feel so good without it?"

I don't care what anyone says, there IS such a thing as food addiction. I was a straight up, no-joke, chocoholic. I ate it until it was all gone or I got sick. Every. Time. I craved it. I couldn't think about anything but the next time I was going to get it, and you'd better not ask for a bite of my fix even if there's a whole bag. I would hide in another room from everyone else and eat it and hide the wrappers.

• closetlibrarian
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Entire bag of sugar alcohol laden sugar free hershey special dark....so I didn't eat the homemade cookies

Try real dark chocolate like Green & Black's 86% or Lindt. You'll find it's actually less carbs than the sugar free stuff and no artificial sweetener. It's a real food that you don't have to feel bad about. It's still to be controlled of course, but even a binge on that wouldn't be nearly as bad as the artificial stuff.
    If that's too dark for you, the 70% will still be less carbs than Hershey's.

If you're feeling adventurous, you could also try Antidote 100% raw cacao bars. It's tasty, surprisingly non-bitter, and takes care of the chocolate craving.
  • RalfLott
    edited July 2016
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »

Slutty brownies are a bottom layer of chocolate chip cookie, followed by a layer of oreo, and topped with brownie. She uses tollhouse cookie dough and ghirardelli brownie mix. Craziness.

Slutty Incontinent Brownies are made with sorbitol/mannitol and Ex-Lax.

It would be at least 5 years before you'd be tempted to try them again...
  • KetoneKaren
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Ugh
  • Granchick
    Granchick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't make fat bombs anymore. I never really had a need for them and they were too easy for me to grab. Open the fridge, grab one and then a hour or two passes by and open the fridge for another. Mindless eating...
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Oops...vgzcwdafqq5t.jpeg

Ok. There's no real accident here, I have to confess. :wink:
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Oops...vgzcwdafqq5t.jpeg

Ok. There's no real accident here, I have to confess. :wink:

O. M. G.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hahahah, @Sunny_Bunny_ I couldn't help but notice the Southern Comfort and the Peach Schnapps. Two relatives of mine had their first sick-drunk experience in their teens on those two liquors, one on SC and one on PS. Neither of them could even stand the smell of their 'chosen' drink again after that night. Makes me laugh, (I've never had a sick-drunk moment) - I am heartless! I think you need a better range of liquors though, there seems to be a lot of Jack & Bacardi ;)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Hahahah, @Sunny_Bunny_ I couldn't help but notice the Southern Comfort and the Peach Schnapps. Two relatives of mine had their first sick-drunk experience in their teens on those two liquors, one on SC and one on PS. Neither of them could even stand the smell of their 'chosen' drink again after that night. Makes me laugh, (I've never had a sick-drunk moment) - I am heartless! I think you need a better range of liquors though, there seems to be a lot of Jack & Bacardi ;)

Yes. There is a lot of Jack and Bacardi.
    It's not my collection, I'm at a party. I brought the Bai and Margaritaville Rum for myself. But I have been eyeing the 1800...
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    From reading these replies, seems like a lot of trips off the wagon happen in either a) social situations, or b) at the store.
    I am a) single, and without children or others living with me and really don't go anywhere with anyone ever these days because I have no life outside of being married to my career and engaging with people from the interwebz, and b) order my groceries online (and stick to a list). So this is bittersweet.

(I also exaggerate about a billion times a day, but really, not having anywhere to go or anyone to be with, plus restricting what I buy through a website has REALLY been a boon for me on this WOL).

There's not one single item in my house that I could eat and immediately really be "cheating", even though I feel guilty when I eat Frankenfoods sometimes (processed meats/cheeses, products made with soybean or canola oil, a couple funky "bread" replacements...things which are all low-carb but I'm still trying to kick), I honestly want to eat really clean, wholesome things ONLY, as much as possible, from now on. Not only is it sustainable because name brand Frankenfoods which are low carb cannot be guaranteed to exist forever (and this is my new forever WOE), but also because eww, some of that stuff is atrociously gross to me, and I don't want it in my body anymore.