Adding 35 miles for 103 out of 350.

Adding 101 miles for 204 out of 350.

Adding 21 miles for 254 out of 350.

Adding 29 miles for 283 out of 350.

adding 9 miles for 292 out of 350.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I've been not very involved lately, but you've all been in my thoughts. @Dave, virtual BIG hugs for you.

And for you @queenegreene - we've gone through this in recent weeks too, for a third time in 9 months. My son and his partner have decided that their rainbow child is just that. But are slowly coming to terms with the fact that he will have no full siblings.

@sussexbythesea, I'm pleased you're healing and I hope your partner has a speedy recovery too.

On a positive note I've been told that I can begin to run again in about 4 weeks, my old knees not withstanding!!

12th: 7.6 miles cycling - MTD 41.73
    13th: 0 miles running - MTD
    14th: 0 miles running - MTD
    15th: 1.03 miles treadmill - MTD 42.76
    16th: 0 miles - MTD
    17th: 0 miles running - MTD
    18th: 0 miles running - MTD
    19th: 0 miles running - MTD
    20th: 1.03 miles treadmill - MTD 43.79
    21st: 7.5 miles cycling - MTD 51.26

"
    exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    5.74 miles walked to date

86.42 miles walked to date
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    July 21
    29.19 miles
    452.04 miles MTD
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,292 Member
    Options
    Walked, biked, shopped. A good day!

07/21 - 6.65 miles
    07/21 - 15.00 bike miles

exercise.png

Tomorrow prepping for Baby Shower...Saturday is the Baby Shower. Egads!

Chris
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,357 Member
    Options
    Got up super early to get another run in before the heat hit.
    July 21: Adding 21.21miles of which I ran 4.16 miles, walked 3 and cycled 14.05 miles
    TTD: 427.85 miles

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,966 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    7/20 10.50 miles
    7/21 7 miles
    As of 7/21 228.75 miles of 250 miles

exercise.png
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    7/7 - 7/20 = 32.58 I lost my Fitbit 2 years to the day after I'd lost the last one so I didn't include those 3 days even though my *kitten* was moving.

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I made a mess of my adding up. It should be 90.74 to date
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Went out for an early walk before work and the afternoon heat could get in the way. Plus added a little bit of distance with a de-stressing walk after work. 5 more miles makes it 89 miles for July. :)

exercise.png

@k80flec Great news that you can get out and run again.

Have a Great Friday Everyone! And try to stay cool. :) (or warm enough for those of you further south having winter now :) )
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 8.02 miles

exercise.png
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    5 miles walked
    55 miles total

20 miles to go...
    towards 75 mile July goal!!
    Thanks for keeping track!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't read many posts but would like to give warm hugs to Dave and queengreene. love. x

Thank you, I appreciate that. It's been quite an ordeal and we're just having to take it day by day. :/

Dave
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Congratulations to @VHUBER on making GOAL!!! :star: Take some time and rest now so you can recover completely from your surgery!

HATS OFF to @CLEPANT for making her GOAL 3x this month!! :drinker:

WAY TO GO, @FUTURE_ROCKSTAR for making and upping your GOAL as well!! :star:

WOOHOO to @WANDERAN for making her GOAL too!!! :drinker:

Sorry to all for missing updating yesterday again! :blush: We're all caught up now! I'm a little behind in my workouts and with this awful heat, I'm likely to be stuck doing something indoors like my stationary bike or going to the gym....but I don't really even want to go out and get into the hot car to get there. lol We're having heat indexes of somewhere in the neighborhood of 110F. This Minnesota boy can't take that kind of heat for very long! :lol:

Dave
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers!
    Dave, my heart goes out to you- I was literally in your situation (as the mother) from the time my daughter was 12-ish until just the past 3 or 4 years- she's 31 now. My now-husband was the bf and he and I tried everything (I remember thinking then, wow, he must REALLY love me for putting up with all this from MY child and I am very thankful he has been on this rough road with me for all these years!). I am a child welfare worker and I was very heartbroken that I visited my daughter in juvie before her 18th birthday and county jail and then state prison after her 18th birthday. My daughter isn't on the autism spectrum, but we had an alphabet soup of diagnoses - ADHD, ODD, OCD, on and on. I cried, prayed, locked up everything I owned with any value- monetary or sentimental because she would sell everything for "stuff", never drugs to my knowledge- just stupid "things" - getting her nails done, a new outfit, junk food. I drove around with our phone cords, tv cables, etc. in the trunk of my car. She failed all her classes at school, but would memorize my "calling card" number for long distance calls- remember those?- just after seeing the card for less than 1 second as I slipped it into my purse after making a long distance call. This after I cut off the long distance because she would run up thousands of dollars of long distance calls a month on my phone. She would sneak boys in the house overnight, left boyfriends steal our furniture after ditching school and breaking a window to get in the house while I was at work. She advertised all our furniture on Craigs list about 7 years ago and it just so happened that a friend of mine from work responded to the ad and let me know - otherwise she might have succeeded in selling everything! She was an adrenaline junkie and she was grieving the loss of her father. the police hated me because after a certain point I called them every time - hoping to get through to her. I went through a time when I was so jealous of people with "normal" children. Fast forward to this - She is still both an adrenaline junkie and grieving her father (does it ever go away, no, I don't think it will), but she has matured and learned to handle the feelings better. She's come a very long way in the past couple of years and she cries sometimes when she tells me how very sorry she is for all the crap she put us through and she would take it all back if only she could. she is a blessing to me every day now. Hang in there, vent, reach out to others (friends and professionals), pray, cry, and keep alert. Safety is paramount- his and yours. Try not to say things that might damage your future relationship, so that when he does come out of the black hole he is stuck in at the moment, he will just remember that you stood by him no matter what. God bless you and I pray that in just a few years, you will all look back on this and say "we've come so far and life is good"

7/18 to 7/21 - 12.29 miles walking
    Total to date - 98.35 of 140 miles
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    2.8 miles in the crazy heat yesterday. Seems to be everywhere Dave atm. I had to laugh last night when I heard on the radio that it's hotter here than in Jamaica these days. Current MTD - 97.2/120.
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers!
    Dave, my heart goes out to you- I was literally in your situation (as the mother) from the time my daughter was 12-ish until just the past 3 or 4 years- she's 31 now. My now-husband was the bf and he and I tried everything (I remember thinking then, wow, he must REALLY love me for putting up with all this from MY child and I am very thankful he has been on this rough road with me for all these years!). I am a child welfare worker and I was very heartbroken that I visited my daughter in juvie before her 18th birthday and county jail and then state prison after her 18th birthday. My daughter isn't on the autism spectrum, but we had an alphabet soup of diagnoses - ADHD, ODD, OCD, on and on. I cried, prayed, locked up everything I owned with any value- monetary or sentimental because she would sell everything for "stuff", never drugs to my knowledge- just stupid "things" - getting her nails done, a new outfit, junk food. I drove around with our phone cords, tv cables, etc. in the trunk of my car. She failed all her classes at school, but would memorize my "calling card" number for long distance calls- remember those?- just after seeing the card for less than 1 second as I slipped it into my purse after making a long distance call. This after I cut off the long distance because she would run up thousands of dollars of long distance calls a month on my phone. She would sneak boys in the house overnight, left boyfriends steal our furniture after ditching school and breaking a window to get in the house while I was at work. She advertised all our furniture on Craigs list about 7 years ago and it just so happened that a friend of mine from work responded to the ad and let me know - otherwise she might have succeeded in selling everything! She was an adrenaline junkie and she was grieving the loss of her father. the police hated me because after a certain point I called them every time - hoping to get through to her. I went through a time when I was so jealous of people with "normal" children. Fast forward to this - She is still both an adrenaline junkie and grieving her father (does it ever go away, no, I don't think it will), but she has matured and learned to handle the feelings better. She's come a very long way in the past couple of years and she cries sometimes when she tells me how very sorry she is for all the crap she put us through and she would take it all back if only she could. she is a blessing to me every day now. Hang in there, vent, reach out to others (friends and professionals), pray, cry, and keep alert. Safety is paramount- his and yours. Try not to say things that might damage your future relationship, so that when he does come out of the black hole he is stuck in at the moment, he will just remember that you stood by him no matter what. God bless you and I pray that in just a few years, you will all look back on this and say "we've come so far and life is good"

7/18 to 7/21 - 12.29 miles walking
    Total to date - 98.35 of 140 miles

Wow - you have been the wringer. My heart goes out to both you and Dave as you deal with your respective struggles. Hang in there!
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Adding 18.9 from the bike today, plus 1 from walking around a little amusement park yesterday with my kiddos. That brings my MTD to 70.6. I think I'm not going to hit goal... one of my co-workers passed away this last week and that has kept me from being able to go to the gym as often as I thought I would.

I've read back through the last week of posts - and it makes me very happy to see that so many of you feel so safe here to post personal things about your families, your struggles, your hurts. As some of you know, the reason I've been so "scarce" the past year is because I've been caring for my son, who has mental illness which has led us to seek and be involved in a LOT of treatment for him. On top of that, we took in a foster girl about 13 months ago (hard to believe it's been that long!) who has been a handful. It's made it really hard to keep up with anything else on a consistent basis. She will be leaving our home in about 3 weeks, and so I'm feeling that my life is about to get a LOT easier. And I'm thankful for that.

Take care of yourselves, friends. This journey is a lot easier with people around to support you on it.

Holli

This discussion has been closed.