LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    It's Stick to it Saturday!!

The weekend is here and it's going to be another busy one!! Taking my kids out on a shopping trip. The girl wants clothes. The boy needs clothes. The mom needs new pants (yay!)

We live out in the boonies so to say, so we are going to the city for all this. While there I'm making a list of other stores to stop at...

Play it again sports: in hopes of some kind of exercise equipment that I can stash and use in my bedroom.

Pet store: turtles need new fish to chase. My are working hard on my breeders and the numbers have dwindled quite drasticly. They instinctively know winter is coming and trying to stock up their food stores. Lol

Aldi: never been inside the place but I keep hearing that I chould check it out.

I just have to be mindful and not cling to shopping carts so my bit counts ALL my steps!!

What are you doing today?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    It's Stick to it Saturday!!

The weekend is here and it's going to be another busy one!! Taking my kids out on a shopping trip. The girl wants clothes. The boy needs clothes. The mom needs new pants (yay!)

We live out in the boonies so to say, so we are going to the city for all this. While there I'm making a list of other stores to stop at...

Play it again sports: in hopes of some kind of exercise equipment that I can stash and use in my bedroom.

Pet store: turtles need new fish to chase. My are working hard on my breeders and the numbers have dwindled quite drasticly. They instinctively know winter is coming and trying to stock up their food stores. Lol

Aldi: never been inside the place but I keep hearing that I chould check it out.

I just have to be mindful and not cling to shopping carts so my bit counts ALL my steps!!

What are you doing today?

Just keep in mind that Aldi is a bag your own store where you either have to bring your own bags or buy them... they often have boxes you can use as well. You might be disappointed on how much is packaged food (i.e. carbs).

As for me, I just woke up with low BG. Ate 2 glucose tablets, still couldn't control myself and grabbed a jar of peanut butter... at most of it. So I don't have any calories left and will be over for carbs for the day and I just got up. Anyway, I'm going to have some walking for my plans today, so calories will be fine, but I will have more carbs than I want.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Thanks for the tip @midwesterner85
    I'll grab my extra bags just in case.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    We are off to the cinema to watch the Magnificent 7 then we are having Chinese so agonising what to have apart from Crispy Duck with no pancakes, I got lettuce leaves ready. Might have a cheeky glass of wine with the SO.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    And take a Quarter @ProCoffeenator. You need a quarter to release a shopping cart then you get it back when you return the cart. I don't shop Aldi's often but their prices are excellent. Great prices on eggs, black olives. Our Aldi's doesn't have very fresh produce and most of it tends to be packaged in multiples so it does work for my household which is just my husband and me.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I can't imagine not being tall. It was awful back in high school being taller than all but two of the boys in my class. They lined us up by height for graduation and I had to wear flat shoes to keep from being first in line. Two boys, me, several dozen more boys, then Corky and she was slender and cute, besides. It's only been in adulthood that I started standing up straight. Besides, there are a lot more tall girls today than there were 50+ years ago.

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Yeah @PamamaJane , there are lots more tall girls today that there were 50+ years ago. And for us shorties, they are unfortunately driving the length of leg in pants. When you have to cut half the pant leg off to hem, you end up buying only straight leg pants. I know, flood pants are problematic too! I sew now.

And the biggest one for me. The raising of counters and cupboards in kitchens! In "regular" kitchens I can reach the second shelf on my toes. But any house built in the last 10-15 years, it is out of reach and if built in the last 5, I have trouble reaching the first shelf. In one of my friends new homes, I couldn't even help with cutting and chopping or dish washing because the counter height wasn't far enough below my boobs! Sure made my back ache to try. Oh, the changes in the world.

Well, my ribs, tomatoes, beans, half a cob of corn, ice cream and strawberries (all homemade with no sugar anywhere) dinner added 2 lbs this morning! It will leave soon and I did enjoy the meal with friends.

Have a great weekend!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Survival Sunday....

I survived shopping with the kids!! Yay!
    I struck out on exercise equipment nothing that I could use which fit my requirements. Eh.
    My daughter scored on a bunch of things. Even my son got some new shirts.
    My highlight was scoring some Himalayan Pink salts at Burlington! A refillable grinder and a huge bag for five bucks!! Seriously I got excited about salt!! I also got zombie Popsicle makers. Zombie pickle-sickles!!

NSV was also taking the kids to McDonalds while fasting. Yup. I did it! Sipped my water while they attacked all the carbage! Giggling to myself as I watched the seagulls fighting over spilled fries outside. Where are two places you always see gulls at? (Not counting the beach).
    Landfills aka the dump.
    McDonald's.

This really hit me with the whole "carbage " term!!
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator, love them gulls! They eat up rotten fish at the shore and anything from McD's. LoL!!! I survived shopping my myself on Friday. My wallet didn't survive but I did and I have some lovely things to show for it. Not much food, but some clothes for me and some pretty things for the house.

Today is crochet-the-crab-stitch-edge-on-my-afghan-and-have-it-finished-before-bedtime Sunday. Bedtime may have to be at 3 am but this project will be done before I sleep again.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just had the nicest lunch at the local diner. Crab Benedict, no bread or hash browns. Crab, poached eggs and hollandaise. A little bit of mesclun greens and a lot of blue cheese dressing. Yumm
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's Monday again....
    Back to work we go! Yay!! I'm going to fake it till I make it this week! I'm pushing the good attitude good vibes to survive.

Once again My weekend was go go go! My steps were up yesterday so I met the 5k goal I set for myself.
    I'm doing great during the week for my 10k daily but this week I'm going to try for +1k every day.
    M 10
    T 11
    W 12
    Th 13
    F 14

I'm always invited to challenges via fit bit. I'm always on the tail end for finishing them. I want to win one.
    That is the ultimate step goal for me. No number per say just an app saying you won!!
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    And take a Quarter @ProCoffeenator. You need a quarter to release a shopping cart then you get it back when you return the cart. I don't shop Aldi's often but their prices are excellent. Great prices on eggs, black olives. Our Aldi's doesn't have very fresh produce and most of it tends to be packaged in multiples so it does work for my household which is just my husband and me.

I shopped at Aldi's yesterday, did not have any change on me. Another nice shopper gave me her cart, and when I left, I gave my cart to another incoming shopper. This quarter thing is a pain in the royal. If I ever have any change, it either goes in the charity box (seldom seen nowadays) or I just leave it at the register. Take one, give one, pass it on.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

This past week has been really rough for me. My mom and my stepdad split up and my mom experienced a blackout episode due to the anxiety the situation was giving her. In turn, I freaked out, and rushed to be by her side. The doctor said she has low blood pressure but her heart is working overtime so she has been advised to take it easy. And then this morning, I started experiencing symptoms of an anxiety attack!

I am trying to keep myself busy, but I don't think if that makes it worse or better. I'm trying to work through all the issues, but I have a lot on my plate right now. I couldn't even keep up with the Step It Up challenge.

Anyways, enough with my pity party. I just wanted to say thanks to this community for being supportive and always being there when I needed it.
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Love date night :) How did you enjoy the movie @RowdysLady ?
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @samanthaluangphixay - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's break up! That kind of stress can be really hard on your system so try to breathe through it and remember that anxiety cannot kill you - but its a sign that you need to take care of yourself. Keeping busy is one strategy but don't let that become a stress in and of itself. At some point you'll need to process what's happened (and it might be several points - these things, unfortunately, take the time they take). Make sure someone is taking care of you while you take care of your mom.

Big hugs!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Cyndi146 wrote: »
    Love date night :) How did you enjoy the movie @RowdysLady ?

The movie was pretty good. I'd recommend it.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

This past week has been really rough for me. My mom and my stepdad split up and my mom experienced a blackout episode due to the anxiety the situation was giving her. In turn, I freaked out, and rushed to be by her side. The doctor said she has low blood pressure but her heart is working overtime so she has been advised to take it easy. And then this morning, I started experiencing symptoms of an anxiety attack!

I am trying to keep myself busy, but I don't think if that makes it worse or better. I'm trying to work through all the issues, but I have a lot on my plate right now. I couldn't even keep up with the Step It Up challenge.

Anyways, enough with my pity party. I just wanted to say thanks to this community for being supportive and always being there when I needed it.

So sorry to hear about that. Thinking of you and your family!