LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    Cadori wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this group (a little under 2 weeks) and would love to join you here. I'm from southern California, so I'll take that rain!

-Jessi

Jessi, what part of So Cal? I'm in Murrieta, about an hour from everywhere big ;) (as @genmon00 said, "the boondocks!)

I'm also in the boondocks...a small mountain town north of Santa Clarita. I work in the San Fernando Valley. My husband is a stay at home, homeschooling dad of our 2 kids, 3 goats and 13 chickens.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Is realizing that a tablespoon of peanut butter makes a nice addition to my morning PBC a keto discovery? :D

!!!!!!!!! Why has this never occurred to me?! I freaking love PB!! Guess what I'm doing tomorrowwwwwwwwwww!

...Well? Was it good? I looove PB! If I could find a way to froth it into HWC I'd be set, lol.

powdered peanut butter. Jiff makes one for sure....
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Cadori!!
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Phrick - I hear ya on the implant but the good news is if you are not a smoker it will heal probably with no problem & my dentist says it is not as big a deal as we all think it is. I hope that is true cuz he says I might need one down the road. It is the cost that is just over the top especially if you don't have dental insurance (which we don't). I don't mind going to the dentist in fact I feel very virtuous when I do - I do mind paying $12000 tho and would rather go on a cruise or buy a really great couch set
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    Cadori wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this group (a little under 2 weeks) and would love to join you here. I'm from southern California, so I'll take that rain!

-Jessi

Jessi, what part of So Cal? I'm in Murrieta, about an hour from everywhere big ;) (as @genmon00 said, "the boondocks!)

@Phrick - I know just where Murrieta is! My son and daughter-in-law live in Temecula, so we drive by/around Murrieta quite often when we visit from AZ.

I didn't used to hate the dentist as much as I do now. I have had the good fortune of having few issues and great dentists. Until this past year. I had to have a crown placed on a tooth that had cracked as a result of having had an old amalgam filling for so many years... and it made me not like going to the dentist a LOT more than I thought it would.

@Cadori - welcome... I've only been around for a few weeks myself. :)
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's Take one step at a time Tuesday....

Ugh. I think I over ate on my "Almond Joy" mix last night. That or on top of everything else shark week is coming.....

I feel craptacular. My head is full, my throat hurts and my stomach says anything going in is coming right back out.

I suffered through work and honestly feeling like I do I really shouldn't be there. I'm a terribly nasty person when I feel like this. My filter is non existent and I snapped at my partner in crime twice. The first time was awful and I had to apologize cause what I said was quite harsh. I can usually carry stress and just carry on without getting nasty, take a sick me.... Put me in the pot of stress and it's a bad scene.

If I didn't have a meeting tonight I'd probably be staying home today. If I still feel like this tonight at the meeting I just might tell my boss to not expect in in tomorrow, cause I don't know if I can do this three days in a row.

Okay done bitching.

Welcome to the new additions to this happy little thread. I promise I'm not usually so miserable!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Oh look! "Kitten" filter passed by that one!
    Lol
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I thought I lived in a small population place. Four miles away is the nearest town with 1,543 and 12 miles the other direction is a town of 1,972. Those are big population centers compared to some of you.

The Fall foliage is arriving this week. Even knowing it is a harbinger of the winter to come, it's still one of the most spectacular sights to behold.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @midwesterner85 My husband is from Iowa. We live in a very transient area in North Carolina. At least once a month we go through this with someone:

Husband: "I'm from Iowa".
    Other person: "Oh, Iowa. They grow potatoes".
    Husband: "No. That's Idaho".
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    @midwesterner85 My husband is from Iowa. We live in a very transient area in North Carolina. At least once a month we go through this with someone:

I grew up in Iowa! That conversation makes me just shake my head. Every. Single. Time.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    mickigoad wrote: »

I grew up in Iowa! That conversation makes me just shake my head. Every. Single. Time.

Yep, either that or "Oh, so are you closer to Cleveland or Cincinnati?"
  • kpk54
    Options

:p We've not heard that one but I can truly imagine it occurring! HaaaaaaaHaaaaaaa!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @Phrick : I can understand what you are going through with the dentist. My hubs is doing the same thing right now. He gets very cranky at times, but hopefully by the new year it will be all over, except for the payments! We have dental insurance but it really is not much help, especially since he had a crown installed during the same year as all of this and therefore his $1,000 yearly allowance was already used up!

@PamamaJane : I love your new photo, but miss the hat!!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

:p We've not heard that one but I can truly imagine it occurring! HaaaaaaaHaaaaaaa!

I heard that in VA in the 1990's. In 2014, was chatting with a cab driver in D.C. He asked where I was from, I said Iowa. He said he had driven through once, but didn't do anything while he was there. Said he drove all the way through from Cleveland to Cincinnati. I just chuckled and told him that was Ohio, not Iowa.
  • kpk54
    Options
    You're cracking me UP @midwesterner85. I can hardly wait 'til my husband comes home to share than one with him. I might even text him now.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    You're cracking me UP @midwesterner85. I can hardly wait 'til my husband comes home to share than one with him. I might even text him now.

True stories. Another here: I was in Louisiana taking a tour of a historical site. The tour guide seemed like he was probably college-aged. He asked everyone in the group where we were from. When I said Iowa, I added that it is common to meet people who don't know much about my state. He seemed surprised, so I asked him to give me something he knows about Iowa. His response: "Potatoes."

Pretty much the only time anybody knows Iowa exists is in the early part of a Presidential election year. After that, we are forgotten.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    Yes, there is that. Though we also produce a lot of corn, which means HFCS and carbs and stuff.