LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I had terrible sleep last night too. I should have gotten up and did some exercise but I felt so on the verge of sleep that I couldn't make myself get up. No time for a nap today. Last minute shopping to get my girl ready to move into her dorm room this weekend. Yay! Hopefully early to bed though. Had a couple birthday celebrations and let myself eat off plan for the first time since 6/1. Didn't stray too far but maybe that's why I had the hard time sleeping :-/
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everybody! I had a great workout this morning with my trainer... today was core day... and I really needed it. My lower back has been achy for a few days... not really sure why... but he helped a lot!

On a little bit of a sour note, I'm feeling a little frustrated. I have been managing to keep my carb count low-ish (around 30g daily avg...last week I had 2 days that were unusual with some bad choices)... and I'm eating around 1400kcal/day on average... but in the last month, I've only managed to lose 3 pounds. The body fat is lower, because I am training... and I understand that... perhaps I'm not eating enough? I'm keeping close to my macros --- always below on fat though... but between 5 and 10% carbs on a regular basis. I feel like I need a reset of some sort... like I should be losing more pounds along with the body fat. Anybody with some insight? When I was strictly restricting calories and not working out, I was averaging 1.5 to 2 pound losses per week.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    mickigoad wrote: »
    Happy Monday everybody! I had a great workout this morning with my trainer... today was core day... and I really needed it. My lower back has been achy for a few days... not really sure why... but he helped a lot!

On a little bit of a sour note, I'm feeling a little frustrated. I have been managing to keep my carb count low-ish (around 30g daily avg...last week I had 2 days that were unusual with some bad choices)... and I'm eating around 1400kcal/day on average... but in the last month, I've only managed to lose 3 pounds. The body fat is lower, because I am training... and I understand that... perhaps I'm not eating enough? I'm keeping close to my macros --- always below on fat though... but between 5 and 10% carbs on a regular basis. I feel like I need a reset of some sort... like I should be losing more pounds along with the body fat. Anybody with some insight? When I was strictly restricting calories and not working out, I was averaging 1.5 to 2 pound losses per week.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer!

How much weight do you have left to lose? If you are closer to goal, then the weight loss may slow down.

You have also said that you've been training - you may be retaining water for muscle repair that is masking any big loss.

You said your body fat is lower (are you being measured? If so, how?) - lowering bodyfat% while not losing scale weight can happen and it's not a bad thing. I would rather take the lower bodyfat% and keep the scale weight the same if that were me.
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thank you @samanthaluangphixay for the response.

I have about 20 pounds left to lose... so not a small number but much less than before ☺

My trainer has a handheld machine to measure body fat. Was 38.6% on 8/5. 36.4% on 9/8.

I am probably just being impatient... I just didn't expect the sudden halt in losses when I increased activity.

Thanks again,
    Micki
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    It's Tuesday

I did surprisingly well yesterday being back in the saddle. No temptation and not much hunger either. I did have a spell early in the morning that was quickly corrected with some Keto-aide. I did notice some major bloating and stomach rumbling in the afternoon and evening. Not the hunger rumble, more like angry bloat/gas.
    I didn't log my gain from the weekend but I am keeping track in my personal papers. Down .8 this morning which was nice to see, hopefully it keeps going down quickly and catches back up with my previous logged number.

How is everyone else doing out there? Any Keto discoveries?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    Any Keto discoveries?

Good morning to you!

Unfortunately I have a negative discovery for me (which will be positive in the end but it feels negative right now LOL) - Macadamia nuts make me inflamed. Been awake since yesterday with a stiff, inflamed arthritis back so I spent time looking back through food diaries and notes - every painful morning was preceded by a nut-consumption day. I assumed it was something more well-known like diet soda intake or something but I really think it might be the nuts. It feels negative because I just spent a boatload on nuts last week, and I'm the only one here who will eat macadamia nuts, so they're going to have to find a new home and it feels like such a waste. Have to remind myself that if it improves my health and pain levels, it is a good move, not a waste. Buying so many in one shot wasn't the smartest thing ever, though... LOL
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    Morning all!
    Any Keto discoveries?

Good morning to you!

Unfortunately I have a negative discovery for me (which will be positive in the end but it feels negative right now LOL) - Macadamia nuts make me inflamed. Been awake since yesterday with a stiff, inflamed arthritis back so I spent time looking back through food diaries and notes - every painful morning was preceded by a nut-consumption day. I assumed it was something more well-known like diet soda intake or something but I really think it might be the nuts. It feels negative because I just spent a boatload on nuts last week, and I'm the only one here who will eat macadamia nuts, so they're going to have to find a new home and it feels like such a waste. Have to remind myself that if it improves my health and pain levels, it is a good move, not a waste. Buying so many in one shot wasn't the smartest thing ever, though... LOL

I saw that in my feed this morning! Ugh. That was me and cashews. So sad to see those leave my diet list!
    Hang onto them and test the theory out. Unless you are 100% sure. You were smart to buy them in bulk, just the timing of the discovery was off!
    On the other side hopefully you have found the culprit and you no longer have the pain! Back pain truly sucks the big one.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    Any Keto discoveries?

Good morning to you!

Are they toasted or raw, that may make a difference for you....
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Morning all!
    Any Keto discoveries?

Good morning to you!

Are they toasted or raw, that may make a difference for you....

I mostly eat them raw, because I totally binge on the salted & roasted ones - although this time I bought some that are roasted but unsalted. I don't intend to chuck them just yet, so I can experiment and do an n=1 on myself around it.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    We are halfway through.... Welcome to Wednesday!!

Still hanging in there! Successfully too. I'm down yet another lb this morning, one more to go and I'll be caught up to where we were prior to the weekend carb fest.
    As motivation I've also gone back and started listening to 2KetoDudes from episode one. My drive to and from work has become much more enjoyable and educational too. I'm currently on the protein show this episode along with the last few made me realize I have placed too much attention on this macro. It's still important but I've been striving to get too much! And that too much just may have been what was slowing me down. I'm on the right track now and obviously two days isn't long enough for me to say my theory is fully correct but, a pound a day definitely makes me lean in that direction. Time will tell...

Keep Calm....
    And Keto On!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Is realizing that a tablespoon of peanut butter makes a nice addition to my morning PBC a keto discovery? :D
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Is realizing that a tablespoon of peanut butter makes a nice addition to my morning PBC a keto discovery? :D

!!!!!!!!! Why has this never occurred to me?! I freaking love PB!! Guess what I'm doing tomorrowwwwwwwwwww!
  • Cyndi146
    Options
    My weight is back down to what is was before a rather fun weekend :) I'm glad cuz I was expecting it to take longer. I can still feel water retention in my legs.

I'm taking it easy on myself as far as strictness goes though, cuz today is my birthday and tomorrow is my son's 21st bday. Much partying will be done in the next few days and I imagine a weight increase but I'm not worried about it. I'm in this for the long haul and feel so much better than I ever did eating SAD.

• Cyndi146
    Options
    And that peanut butter coffee sounds interesting :smiley:
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Interesting idea on peanut butter in coffee. I normally add protein powder in mine. I don't use actual BPC (the brand-name coffee), but I buy freshly roasted coffee directly from the roaster in the nearest city when I'm there. I grind beans right before brewing, which is usually around 30 days or less from when they were roasted.

So I've been using fresh coffee and being a coffee snob overall, but the best part is that I pair flavors of protein powder with coffee flavors. The roaster has some different flavors of beans based on how they are roasted. Right now, I've got some 'Campfire Dream' coffee beans (S'mores flavored) and I pair it with cookies and cream flavored protein powder. Prior to that, I was drinking banana nut coffee with banana cream protein powder. I might have to look for a flavor that pairs with peanut butter, but the problem is protein content is just too low. I have tended to struggle with getting enough protein over the past few weeks especially as I've consumed more salads with fatty dressings and higher fat meats. Plus, as my calorie goals continue to decrease, it becomes more and more difficult to reach protein goals. :(
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Cyndi146 wrote: »
    My weight is back down to what is was before a rather fun weekend :) I'm glad cuz I was expecting it to take longer. I can still feel water retention in my legs.

I'm taking it easy on myself as far as strictness goes though, cuz today is my birthday and tomorrow is my son's 21st bday. Much partying will be done in the next few days and I imagine a weight increase but I'm not worried about it. I'm in this for the long haul and feel so much better than I ever did eating SAD.

Happy birthday!! To both you and your son... and many more. :)
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    I made my BPC this morning with Mocha coffee beans.... Totally sinful!!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's Shake it off Thursday!

I'm officially past my carb fest gain! Took almost all week but today I was down two instead of the one lb daily! I'm extremely happy because the little changes I've been making are adding up!

Keto-aide has been my side kick
    BPC every morning to kick the fat burn off
    Aiming for fat and monitoring protein to stay on the lower side of my range.
    Listening to my body for cues as to when to eat, how much to eat.
    Not pushing for exercise until my body says it's time.

So the last one is another thing that I'm trying. One of the things stressed when dieting and focusing on overall health is reduce stress. Exercising is doing just that, stressing the body. So while I'm still on the weight loss side of this WOE I'm trying out not pushing the exercise until the weight is down more OR until my body starts giving my hints to start exercising. Walking is what I will focus on for now until then.