LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• tribal351
    tribal351 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've been loving the comments about RBF and RNF. I'm convinced I must have the male equivalent of RBF. Maybe RAF? Went to get my hair cut recently, hairdresser was talk, talk, talk to the two guys ahead of me. I sat down, got "How do you want it cut?" Not a single word was spoken by her after that.
    I've been in my position at work (Area Sysrems Manager) for almost a year now. A new manager that I was responsible for getting promoted had some of his people get in trouble for some bad decisions. I went with him to see the angry customer, took all the heat, calmed the customer down and got us back on track. On the ride back to the office, new manager tells me "When I first met you, I didn't think much of you. But you are actually alright." I couldn't get him to elaborate on what that meant, but I'll call it a victory.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's Make it count Monday!

I'm finally feeling better this morning and need to make up for the last two days of being lazy!
    I've got a ton of cleaning to do today and more laundry of course. Guess I'll just be moving as much as I can to get my steps up.
    Have a great day!

@Phrick great minds think alike!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's Take me back to work Tuesday!

I think I have figured out part of my back pain. My sleeping position. That or the way I'm sleeping is irritating it.

So the long weekend is done and over with. Spent most of the weekend feeling sick and bleh. Then yesterday was picking up after letting the kids tear the place up because of me feeling sick. And my fit bit was on and off throughout the day so I never really got an accurate step count.

I'm almost excited to go back to work so I can get my steps up and get out of the house. Oh the life I live!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I get to go get my mouth fixed today. finally! This has been the longest long weekend EVER. Normally I'm a huge dentist wuss, the anxiety I have around the dentist is borderline ridiculous and completely through the roof but I'm actually looking forward to going to day if it means I will finally be out of pain. (which is NOT to say that I don't still need my husband to drive so that I can take Valium to get through!!)
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Today I return to the sterile lab to perform media fills (sterile technique tests) and a gowning technique test. Many months have passed since I've done any sterile compounding. I wish the day to be focused and busy.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

I think I have figured out part of my back pain. My sleeping position. That or the way I'm sleeping is irritating it.

So the long weekend is done and over with. Spent most of the weekend feeling sick and bleh. Then yesterday was picking up after letting the kids tear the place up because of me feeling sick. And my fit bit was on and off throughout the day so I never really got an accurate step count.

I'm almost excited to go back to work so I can get my steps up and get out of the house. Oh the life I live!

Oh, I just figured out my back pain a few months ago. I just need to do something about it. It's been ongoing since I was a teenager. At that time, every dr. I saw would check if I had scoliosis (because as a teenager, that is the only thing they think can be wrong with your back) and found that I did not. Since I didn't have scoliosis, and there is nothing else that can cause back pain for a teenager apparently, they always would just conclude that it was all in my head. So for many years, I just accepted that nobody was going to figure it out and I just have to live with it.

By chance, I was at a festival in a nearby city a few months ago and came upon a chiropractor booth. I figured it was worth a try and I had nothing to lose. The chiropractor looked at me and pressed on some different areas of my back. Where he was pressing, I could feel a difference in how tight muscles were on opposite sides of the back. He thinks the right side of my pelvis is a little bit further forward than the left side, which explains why the pain is worse after walking/running/hiking. Apparently, when I move my legs, the pelvic alignment pulls half of my back forward too much (or something like that). So I need to get in to see a chiropractor at some point. I have some vacation coming up later this month to work on my final paper for my MBA, but I can take a little bit of time away from that to have an initial appointment with a chiropractor.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

when we decided our sleeping was causing pain I bought a new mattress - memory foam - I know what you are thinking....crazy expensive. I found one on Amazon that I love and was not crazy expensive. We've had it since Feb and have been very happy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005A4OO80/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yep, back from five days vacationing on Texada Island, sailing and fishing, and trying hard not to make crappy food choices but making a few anyhow. Somehow I managed to break my plateau and drop two pound, though, even eating a scoop of wonderful salted caramel ice cream and more bread than I have had in months.

Back to routine today, and kids are off to their first day of school!
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I love long weekends but it sure does making following this WOE easier when I'm at work :) Happy Tuesday!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I am feeling pretty ugh today, although better than I did yesterday. Went to Costco on Sunday and picked up these coconut-seed clusters. O serving was 5g net carbs. Well, I totally overdid it and either the fibre or the sugar just upset my whole system. I'm still fighting abdominal cramps although they've subsided to 1-2X per hour. I was in agony yesterday though. Slept most of the day.

I guess there are certain types of sugars I just plain can't handle anymore. A year ago that type of binge wouldn't have fazed me in the slightest.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's No rest for the wicked Wednesday!

In to work early today then leaving early for my appointment about the apartment search and assistance! Hopefully all goes well so I can get my oldest kiddo to calm down about the whole thing!

You know that saying "if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all"? I swear that's totally me!! I had made the offhand comment about how great I've been feeling since I started following this WOE. Since that comment was made I've been suffering a landslide of health issue! Yesterday I was dancing around with the kiddos during their music class and jumped forward and I swear it felt like I rebroke me leg! Instant nausea limping around and it still is bothering me this morning! If there weren't screws in there I would have probably gone to urgent care! Then of course last night I was laying down with the kids and I sneezed setting off those damned muscle cramps in my stomach!

Have a great day out there today! Be safe!!
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm going to join in. Just starting my second week low carbing. Had a rough day yesterday, but realized late afternoon that likely my sodium was low and felt better after two cups of broth. I actually had to leave work I was so nauseous, I was afraid to move in case I threw up. I thought I was actually getting the stomach flu. Sent my husband out last night to buy more broth, and he came home with the low sodium broth lol. I'm back to work today and started my day off with a cup of warm broth. Both kids are back to school and life is getting back to normal around here.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Woke up a little late and am dragging through the morning as is usual for me! lol.

I twisted my ankle jogging last week and the side of my foot is a little sore. I've tried to do "easy" workouts since then like walking, vigorous household chores, and some kettlebells. It's still sore but not debilitating so I don't know if I should keep resting it or what. It's not improved but it's not worsened. Ugh. I hate resting but it seems with RA my tendons are little weak and more prone to injury.

I've been considering going back to school for a different degree and last week I was kind of fired up about it but this week I'm feeling doubtful and not sure I have it in me to put in the work....

Hope all the low carbers are having a good Wednesday! This little daily chat is nice, I'm glad it's still moving!

@ProCoffeenator good luck on the apartment!!! I hope your leg is ok!

@merflan hang in there! Once you get the electrolytes sorted you'll feel great! :)
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all! I feel GOOD! Fall was always my favourite season when I was a kid and when I was going to university - everything new everything exciting new people new courses - now that I am THIS old - I still get that fall buzz. I think discovering the WOE is a big part of it this year. I am enjoying the journey.
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I've got the fall buzz today too! It'll probably burn off quick cuz it's supposed to reach 97 degrees this afternoon. But I love this season. Love the mental boost this WOE gives me. Happy Hump Day!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Does it ever end? So I went into my kid's bathroom (which I rarely do) to be sure it was clean for when the appraiser showed up today and there is a wall solid with black mold. No one ever said a word to me about it. From the floor to midway up the wall - it's covered. And my kid wonders why she always seems to have a respiratory issue.... talk about no rest for the wicked. Off to Home Depot...
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    @RowdysLady how that piercing doing?

• silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My family leaves for our yearly Caribbean cruise next week! I'm both excited and terrified about. I love cruising and this will be my 8th IIRC so I'm well aware of all the wonderful and terrible food choices.

I've been LCHF since January 1 of this year. I've had a few excess carb times, but this will be an interesting "test". I will have no problem staying LC for my meals, but I do plan on having dessert each night. I also plan on being in the ship's gym every day. So I am anxious about what the scale will say when I get home.

Several years ago I actually lost 10 pounds on a week-long cruise. I wasn't LC then, but I did make it a point to run every day, and we did a LOT of walking in the ports of call. I ate all kinds of desserts and treats on that cruise, so weight gain isn't an automatic given.
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Feeling much better today thanks! Just made the most amazing chicken thighs baked in soy sauce and butter. That was it! Delish!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    @RowdysLady how that piercing doing?

Mine is great - a little sore, especially if I forget and scratch. Anna's seems to be a little more painful for her but it's still in good shape. I've definitely not had a migraine but I'm curious to see for sure what my headache looks like come shark week because that's when they are the worst. Anna says her headaches have improved a good bit too and she's blaming the ones she's had the last few days on electrolytes and she eats a pickle or 4 :smiley: