LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    It's Thursday already...

Yesterday was kind of a bleh day. Didn't get my steps in, or my exercise. Went to work, went to my appointment and on the way home was feeling icky. I made it home just in time as my stomach decided that it was time to evict its contents. Guess I'm not completely over the bug that got me over the weekend.

Insult to injury I was able to enjoy every single cramp possible last night. Both legs, my stomach, even my toes!! It was the dead asleep olympics for me!

One of my co-workers completely made my day yesterday though. She used the "s" word! She wanted to know if I was still following my diet I told her about!
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Wish I could figure out this electrolyte business! Woke at 5 am with a headache and started the day on the toilet for a while :o . I'm sipping my broth as we speak. I did a HIIT workout on the bike last night, so maybe I need extra sodium if I do a workout as well. I had already had two cups of broth through the day so thought I'd be fine. Can't believe I'm almost at the two week mark and haven't caved. Its ridiculous how few cravings I have....my life was ruled by cravings once upon a time!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    merflan wrote: »
    Wish I could figure out this electrolyte business! Woke at 5 am with a headache and started the day on the toilet for a while :o . I'm sipping my broth as we speak. I did a HIIT workout on the bike last night, so maybe I need extra sodium if I do a workout as well. I had already had two cups of broth through the day so thought I'd be fine. Can't believe I'm almost at the two week mark and haven't caved. Its ridiculous how few cravings I have....my life was ruled by cravings once upon a time!

Just think of it this way: the more you sweat, the more water and sodium you lose, so you have to replace it.

I get major headaches if I don't get my sodium in and I'm doing a workout that involves dripping with sweat.

Ignore this message if you don't wind up swimming in your own sweat after HIIT unlike me lol

• Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    merflan wrote: »

Oh yeah, when I'm doing workouts that make me sweat a lot I need a lot more sodium.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Cyndi146 wrote: »
    I've never really suffered from the keto flu symptoms. Until yesterday... I over-exercised yesterday and was having an *a-hem* intimate bedroom time with the husband when all of a sudden HOLY COW my foot cramped up so bad!! I jumped out of bed and yelled, "be right back honey! Gotta go drink some pickle juice" :)

And in this case, maybe he thought 'pickle juice' was a euphemism.... until you took off running for the kitchen LOL!

@canadjineh I almost just spit my coffee on my computer screen!!
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm embracing my Friday and all things too! I was feeling a little off yesterday and used all the "go to's"... pickle juice, broth... Finally went to bed at about 8 o'clock, slept a good 9 hours and I feel GREAT today! I love that I don't have cravings anymore, I love that I can go out to eat with my husband and not be tempted by all the crap, I love that I don't have aches and pains. i'm good too!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Today I am embracing my gym workout. Didn't want to go, picked up my partner and complained the whole ride there how I wasn't into it. Started slow but half way along picked up speed and had the best workout of the week. Moral: sometimes we just have to do what we don't want to do and it turns out much better than expected. Like Nike ad says: Just Do It!!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I've embraced that I feel lousy and want to eat everything in the house. It's a bad day...
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    I've embraced that I feel lousy and want to eat everything in the house. It's a bad day...

:(:(:( feel better @RowdysLady
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    thanks @Cyndi146. Just one of those days...
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »

Hang in there!!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

This seems to be a new habit of mine missing my Saturday post. We were up early yesterday to go to some community events. Then spent the rest of the day moving furniture. Still have to finish reorganizing but I was spent by the evening hours.

The kids and I ended up getting pizza for dinner. My plan was to just eat the toppings but I failed on that idea. Carb fest 2.0!

Back on the wagon I go. It was pretty funny though. The whole time I was eating that pizza I couldn't stop thinking about the guy getting a brain scan while drinking a milkshake. I could picture my brain lighting up like a heroin addict!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's Macro Monday...

So post carb fest the other day I am currently going through my Keto notes and tidbits of information that I've picked up along the way. My plan for today is to keep my fats number one priority and tonight I'm going to re run my macros and try my best to set up an actual food plan for the week.
    Yesterday would have been the better day for this but as usual life has had other plans for my weekend. One of these days I will actually be able to enjoy a full weekend of doing the things I've got on my personal to do list!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, I got the mother of all hangovers today.
    Last weekend I noticed my alcohol tolerance dropped so last night we had some drinks and I was all over it. Lots of soft drinks in between, then wham bang thank you mam, I was suddenly drunk as a fart. I had some vodkas's with lots of tonic water, and 1/3rd glass of wine. Normally this would not even get me tipsy. I thought after last weekend my drop of tolerance was done, but I guess I was well wrong! Ho hum, I guess it is good for my weightloss and wallet at least right?
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I was so busy Friday, Saturday, and Sunday that I forgot to log on over the weekend. I could swear I did, but nope. Back to a 1 day streak, which I suppose is fitting for a Monday.
    My work schedule changed, again, which requires some preparation adjustment for my WOE. I am still maintaining and that is fine. The scale will drop some numbers very soon. :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Another early start for me, I warmed up then deboned 20 (previously cooked) chicken drumsticks and 6 thighs, now the bones are roasting so I can make bone broth today. Already got 8000 steps in haha, since what else do you do at stupid o'clock, if you aren't sleeping, except pace 'round the kitchen? Wait, you mean no one else does that, it's just me? Well I can live with that! I have several errands to get cleared today but hope to have a nap before I have to start on any of them (although, I think I must finally be fat adapted because the utter lack of tired is atypical for me by this point of the morning)