LCD Chat...

Replies

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Hey everyone!
    It's Freaking Friday!!!!
    Finally!!

Just have one day left to survive. My partner in crime is off today so it's just me and our new lady in the room. Hah my partner told everyone yesterday that I'm either going to kill someone or quit today if things don't go well. That kind of week! I'm hopeful since I peeked at the roster and I swear it only had 18 kiddos on there.

So my back/shoulder pain is still there and spreading! In my neck and slowly trying to create a headache. It's amazing though. I had my Daith pierced back in March as a last ditch effort to stop migraines and haven't had one since. I have had the phantom pressure in the base of my skull on a few occasions at times when I know I would have had one. I've got that feeling this morning. Thinking that I might take some ibuprofen to help out those poor muscles.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Hey everyone!
    It's Freaking Friday!!!!
    Finally!!

Just have one day left to survive. My partner in crime is off today so it's just me and our new lady in the room. Hah my partner told everyone yesterday that I'm either going to kill someone or quit today if things don't go well. That kind of week! I'm hopeful since I peeked at the roster and I swear it only had 18 kiddos on there.

So my back/shoulder pain is still there and spreading! In my neck and slowly trying to create a headache. It's amazing though. I had my Daith pierced back in March as a last ditch effort to stop migraines and haven't had one since. I have had the phantom pressure in the base of my skull on a few occasions at times when I know I would have had one. I've got that feeling this morning. Thinking that I might take some ibuprofen to help out those poor muscles.

I'm sorry to hear that. I once started having something similar. I would get intermittent pain and shoulder. I would also have my arm all the way down to my fingers become painful intermittently. And on occasion, my fingers would go numb. After months of trying to figure it out, they discovered it was thoracic outlet syndrome and did physical therapy for it.
  • fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    My Friday is starting out overcast. We are dealing with potential Tropical Storm fallout. I feel bad for Florida and my friends back in in South Carolina. This is not the fun three day weekend everyone wanted. :(
    @ProCoffeenator Have you tried soaking in an Epsom Salt bath? That can usually take the edge off. I hope you feel better soon!
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    @ProCoffeenator - Ugh, stress/tension headaches are the worst! Get through this day and treat yourself to a bubble bath or something equally relaxing, you deserve it!

Today is the first day I start putting pumpkin spice into my coffee, so we'll see how that turns out. It's not going to be the classic PSL from sBucks, but it'll be good I'm sure.

Friiiiiday... I'm so pleased it's Friday. Now to get through work with some tunes and then I'm done for the week. We have a three-day weekend thanks to Labor Day and for once we have NO plans! And I plan to keep it that way. August and September are jam-packed birthday months for us, so it'll be nice to have this breather.

Everyone have a great day!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    I can't wait for 7am - my dentist's office will be open and I can call for pain relief for this stupid effing tooth pain. I can't even believe how much this hurts, way out of proportion to the work that was done. I have to wonder what else is going on that they missed in there???
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    LOL - "I kind of wish I had resting nice face!! I have bad RBF." - Me too I have bad RBF - I even had someone at a social occasion - almost a total stranger ask me "Why do you ALWAYS look so unhappy?" WHAT??!! I am happy person, a glass 1/2 full type of person & person that always finds the silver lining in even the most disastrous situation. I can't help it. I think it is because I have droopy eyelids. My kid brother tells me it makes me look sly. But I guess I kind of am - a sly optimist.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Hey everyone!
    It's Freaking Friday!!!!
    Finally!!

So sorry for your pain...you stopped me in my tracks on the daith piercing...I've heard of that and given it some thought - for both Anna and for me as we've both had migraines since we were 7 years old...I know what I'm doing tomorrow...
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Yay Friday. Glad to have an extra day this weekend. No real plans so maybe just a lazy weekend for us!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Happy Friday all! Been a long day today, woke up at 4am and could not get back to sleep. Haven't managed to eat much today so hoping I can hold down some pickled beetroot again today.

Why was I not aware of the side effect of eating too much beetroot?

Had THE fright today when I thought there was something wrong with my insides when I realised the toilet bowl was blood red! Holy crappola. If it was not for the fact I was already on the throne, I might have pooped my pants! Thank heavens for Google and mobile phones.

But now I am prepared! So bring it on beets!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    I took today off from work but man...errands galore! Laundry, grocery shopping, workout...and general chores to do around the new place!

Our new place doesn't have laundry included so I'm using a laundromat. Thank goodness they offer free wifi!
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Counting down the hour until I am off work for the long weekend. Just debating whether to sign up for a killer barre class tomorrow morning or not...
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    Yay Friday. Glad to have an extra day this weekend. No real plans so maybe just a lazy weekend for us!

@anglyn1 same for us!!! And i could not be more excited. I may just stay in my pj's on monday :smile:
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    @kmn118 Love Fantasia, too. I miss watching Disney movies now that my Grand daughter is grown. She'll be watching them soon with her little one, though. He is almost 6 months old.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Hey everyone!
    It's Freaking Friday!!!!
    Finally!!

I freaking LOVE YOU! I had been reading about how a Daith piercing may help with migraines but didn't pull the trigger, because well, you know, the internet. But because of what you said Anna and I both went and had it done today. I had a lousy headache when I walked in and once the pressure let off from the pierce my headache was gone. I've suffered as has Anna since I was seven years old with nothing working (cept a drug they discontinued about 10 years ago) so I suffer and she suffers. I so hope we continue to see a lessening in the headaches.

And of course, I hope you are feeling better with the back/shoulder pain.
  • ProCoffeenator
    It's Sorry for missing Saturday Sunday!!! LOL

Good morning everybody! Yesterday of course was a super busy day. So much that I never logged in here yesterday. So long 55 day log in streak!

My boy has been in the last stages of potty training and has been dry for the longest time. So he wore underwear to bed. It was super cold overnight and he climbed into bed with me.... So my day started with laundry.
    I also had to clean my mattress. Ugh! I swear my son is in ketosis the smell was horrid!!
    On top of that I had to go grocery shopping. I picked up ingredients to make a chicken bone broth which I had in my slow cooker all day. It smelled delicious! Going to make a soup with it for dinner tonight.

@RowdysLady I'm so excited to hear you are giving it a try! Getting the piercing done was the worst part! So much pressure but like you said once it clears up the results were awesome! Just remember keep spraying it with saline and don't touch! I LOVE mine!

• Phrick
    It's Sorry for missing Saturday Sunday!!! LOL

Good morning everybody! Yesterday of course was a super busy day. So much that I never logged in here yesterday. So long 55 day log in streak!

My boy has been in the last stages of potty training and has been dry for the longest time. So he wore underwear to bed. It was super cold overnight and he climbed into bed with me.... So my day started with laundry.
    I also had to clean my mattress. Ugh! I swear my son is in ketosis the smell was horrid!!

Good morning!! I'm sorry your day started wet and gross, I've been there. About the smell... I think it must be a boy thing. My much older son has an immature bladder and still occasionally wets and OMG. It's gag worthy, so so so bad. Of course he is usually fairly dehydrated too so that just adds to it.

Today is the starts of Loads Of Laundry Long Weekend for me. I've done 3 so far and plan to wash all the bedding, so at least 4 more home loads to go, plus one load that has to go to the laundromat. Oy!
  • ProCoffeenator
    I just made to most Delicious soup ever!!!!

I used my bone broth to make a broccoli cheddar soup. I ate two bowls after feeling sick all day! But man! That *kitten* was good!
  • Phrick
    I just made to most Delicious soup ever!!!!

I used my bone broth to make a broccoli cheddar soup. I ate two bowls after feeling sick all day! But man! That *kitten* was good!

Are you even kidding me?! I did the same thing yesterday. Even same kind of soup. Freaky!