LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Walking has been the best medicine for me :) Great insight!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    looks like I am wearing parachute pants (for all you who remember the 1980s, LOL)

Hammer Time!
    Do, do, do do.

(Congrats BTW)

• supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @elize7: You story sounds so great, and I am sure it is helping others on this forum. Good for you!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's finally here! It's "can't believe I survived this week" Friday! Yaaay!!

Phew. I had another crazy day at work yesterday that had me so stressed out. I survived yes but I also have to note that I showed no loss for yesterday either. Interesting. There was only one change in my food habits and that was forgetting my MIO for my Keto-aide. Oh, wait. Two changes I did buy a large diet dr. Pepper on the way home and drank about half of it.

I will have to make a note of this in my personal journal so I remember this observation. Now I'm really thinking about it and I also connected my high fasting number this morning too! Sounds like no more dr. Pepper for me!

Hopefully you all are looking forward to a happy and healthy Friday!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's a Super Sunday!

Apparently I've gone to skipping Saturday posts for some reason. Saturday seems to be my busier day on the weekends.
    Today is burn day! I had three large trees cut down in the yard last weekend and they need to be burned. So today I will be multi-tasking burning and cleaning up my gardens. That should definately help with my step count for today!
    My scale showed no loss this morning but no complaints from me! I had great losses this week which definitely boosted my mood and my determination! Another thing that helped out that department was my bloodwork!!
    I posted a thread about my lab results. It was good news!
    Have a great end to the weekend guys!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Monday Blues....

MFP decided I really didn't want to post what I had originally wrote out. Bah!
    Long story short, worked my butt off, woke up sick.

Any suggestions for when you are under the weather?
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Can I join?
    I don't have anyone in real life to talk about it.
    DH thinks I look fine, so he doesn't understand why I'm doing this.

I'm new to this WOE; I'm loving it.

It's supposed to rain today; so needed since we're in a drought.
    Amanda
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    What a way to start a Monday! A bit over an hour gone to catching up on everyone's posts here. It's been over three weeks since the last time I visited this group and in that time I've really crapped out on LCHF and gained back too many pounds. Hmmmmm, think there might be a connection? Well, duh! Anyway, it's good to read all the success posts from so many of you.

As far as news goes, one year ago yesterday I arrived here after driving 2,300 miles in a U-Haul. It's almost impossible for me to believe the 180 degree change in my life that has taken place in just this past year's time. All changes for the better, I must add.
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bone broth can work wonders for feeling under the weather. Sip Sip Sip all day. Hope you feel better soon.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Raincouver is living up to it's reputation and I arrived at work on Monday drenched, with paperwork on my desk already.

But I did get my lifts in today which made me happy. My workouts have been sporadic the past few weeks as I get adjusted to a new gym, work with their hours, and try to get everything in.

I spent the weekend going wedding dress shopping with my cousin so there was lots of running around. I am wiped.
    huango wrote: »
    Can I join?

Amanda

Welcome!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I feel like I already need valium to face the thought of Wednesday. Went and signed the paperwork and signed up for the financing today. I have to have a tooth pulled & bone graft done, then in 6 months after all that heals and grows strong, have an implant installed, and a month after that, the crown put on and finished. FML. As if I didn't hate the dentist enough already - and as if the absolute horror torture of the failed root canal two weeks ago didn't seal that particular coffin. I really just want to cry hysterically.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Raincouver is living up to it's reputation and I arrived at work on Monday drenched, with paperwork on my desk already.

But I did get my lifts in today which made me happy. My workouts have been sporadic the past few weeks as I get adjusted to a new gym, work with their hours, and try to get everything in.

I spent the weekend going wedding dress shopping with my cousin so there was lots of running around. I am wiped.
    huango wrote: »
    Can I join?

Amanda

Welcome!

I seen the sun peek out once and now it's back into hiding again! Wedding dress shopping sounds fun :)
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Is realizing that a tablespoon of peanut butter makes a nice addition to my morning PBC a keto discovery? :D

!!!!!!!!! Why has this never occurred to me?! I freaking love PB!! Guess what I'm doing tomorrowwwwwwwwwww!

...Well? Was it good? I looove PB! If I could find a way to froth it into HWC I'd be set, lol.
  • Phrick
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Is realizing that a tablespoon of peanut butter makes a nice addition to my morning PBC a keto discovery? :D

!!!!!!!!! Why has this never occurred to me?! I freaking love PB!! Guess what I'm doing tomorrowwwwwwwwwww!

...Well? Was it good? I looove PB! If I could find a way to froth it into HWC I'd be set, lol.

you can use powdered peanut butter to whip into HWC much like you would to make chocolate whipped cream with cocoa powder :naughty:
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @Phrick You can do this! You are a strong person and will sail through with flying colors and be so proud of yourself. Happy thoughts of calm healing energy to you.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @Phrick I share your dentist hatred and my heart goes out to you. :(

Holy Monday! I got my hair done this weekend and the girl cut a good 3 inches beyond what I asked so no ponytail for me. As I'm a habitual oversleeper this is bad news for me. I depend on ponytails and it's going to be months. I'm so sad about. Also my car is in the shop. This is the third vehicle I've had that has had transmission problems. Lovely.

I need to get back into working out this week. I injured my foot a few weeks ago and it still hurts. I got it x-rayed and it showed that it was previously broken and healed. I had no idea. She says no recent break so I guess I just aggravated an old injury. So I guess I'm off running for a little bit longer. I need to concentrate on strength training. I wish I had room for a barbell and bench. I want to do SL but no room. No money or time for the gym. I'm just not confident I can get the results I want with dumbbells.

Anyhow enough babbling. I hope everyone is having a good start to the week!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this group (a little under 2 weeks) and would love to join you here. I'm from southern California, so I'll take that rain!

-Jessi
  • Phrick
    Options
    Thanks, @kmn118 it means something that you believe in me even though *I* don't :)
  • Phrick
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this group (a little under 2 weeks) and would love to join you here. I'm from southern California, so I'll take that rain!

-Jessi

Jessi, what part of So Cal? I'm in Murrieta, about an hour from everywhere big ;) (as @genmon00 said, "the boondocks!)