LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Phrick
    I hate the fact that I'm one of those emotional sick people! You know when I've hit bottom when no matter what the emotion is the tears come. I made this huge scene when I left the office cause I was so pissed off and stressed! I hardly want to show my face there today! Once I'm in the classroom I'll be fine. It's talking to the office staff that is going to be my trigger today. Bleh.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    (knitting pictures)

Nice knitted bobbles. There are lots of knitters who won't attempt those.

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I love to pinterest knitting and crotchet things but honestly my hand/eye coordination is so bad! I have never been able to do beyond those finger-knit scarves.

@ProCoffeenator feel better soon! :( I hate those office scenes. I've been there and done that. Seriously like 4 years ago while suffering from mono and a then undiagnosed brain condition I snapped and got super nasty with my boss, then burst into tears. We get along great, she's super nice. Yet I still think about it and get embarrassed. I'm totally that person that dwells on embarrassing incidents from decades prior.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Get well soon @ProCoffeenator!

I have been having a rough week but I have an interview for a new position at work today so I am trying to keep my head in the game. The job is similar to what I am doing now (customs release agent) but for ocean freight instead of air, and it involves other duties as well. It is to cover someone's maternity leave so I am excited!

Great session today at the gym - I felt really strong so it was good to get back into a positive mindset.

Have a good one!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    good luck @samanthaluangphixay!!!!

Sorry to hear you still aren't feeling well @ProCoffeenator
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    good luck @samanthaluangphixay!!!!

Sorry to hear you still aren't feeling well @ProCoffeenator

This!!! Sending positive thoughts to you both!

Thanks @PamamaJane never realised I had done an advanced square. I am literally just following my magazine which comes with yarn and instructions for the next part of the patchwork. Think I am up to 8 now, although one needs some embroidery on it before it is done. I find it quite destressing in the evenings after work.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I have two words for Iowa: American Pickers! They rock!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    supergal3 wrote: »
    I have two words for Iowa: American Pickers! They rock!

LOL. We love that show! Mike and Frank. Love 'em!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Get well soon @ProCoffeenator!

I have been having a rough week but I have an interview for a new position at work today so I am trying to keep my head in the game. The job is similar to what I am doing now (customs release agent) but for ocean freight instead of air, and it involves other duties as well. It is to cover someone's maternity leave so I am excited!

Great session today at the gym - I felt really strong so it was good to get back into a positive mindset.

Have a good one!

Yay! Good luck Sam!!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's Friday!

Week is almost over! I'm definitely on the mend. Everything is now settled on my chest and head. I can deal with this for sure. Keeping up with zicam and vitamin c.

I'm also pretty sure that I kicked myself out of ketosis. Bummer. I'm part of a FB group and someone had posed the question of if being Keto was as easy for other people as it's made out to seem. Do you find yourself cheating often? Are you in a struggle to stay on plan?

I'm one of those people who are able to stay on plan easily. Although I will say that unplanned cheats happen and when they do I find myself on that slippery slope. Apparently crackers for me push me to a danger zone. I just can't have them available in my house especially when I know in my head I bought them for me. Then it's like mentally I feel like I have to eat them so as not to waste food! It's a crazy thought process! I buy my kids crap all the time and never want to cheat. But as soon as I get myself something I feel I have to eat it!

I'm rambling sorry. My point is.... I have to look at everything as a lesson or an excuse. It's going to be my go to question for cheats or random struggles. Was it a lesson I can learn from?
    Or is this an excuse?

What do you think about this?
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    It's Friday!

Week is almost over! I'm definitely on the mend. Everything is now settled on my chest and head. I can deal with this for sure. Keeping up with zicam and vitamin c.

I just can't have them available in my house especially when I know in my head I bought them for me. Then it's like mentally I feel like I have to eat them so as not to waste food! ...
    But as soon as I get myself something I feel I have to eat it!

Glad you are feeling better.
    Happy (not sick) mom = happy house.

I don't have any thoughts on the cheating, but I do relate to the not wasting food.

I grew up poor, and was trained to eat what I'm given or to eat more if it's available.
    So I've struggled with trying to pass up free food (such as at a networking event) or book club when there's food BUT I'm not hungry (or it's food that I shouldn't eat).

In addition, I like to get deals or save money, so I've been stocking up on snacks, such as Doritos, when they're 2/$4. Why pay $4.49 for a bag when you can get 2 bags for less when on sale? So my 3 pantries are STUFFed w/ carbage.

Well no more. For the sake of my and my family's health, no more stock-piling crap.
    If I need to bring in stuff for school for treats, then I'll pay full price at that time, instead of having so much carbage in my house (that I can cheat with).

I used to happily hunt through grocery store flyers for all these great "deals", but last night as part of my Thursday night routine going through the flyers, there were hardly any deals that I wanted to get because I skipped right past all the carbage.
    Will be stocking up on Wild Sockeye salmon though.

Have a great day,
    Amanda
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Thanks and true for me anyhow, I just LOVE SEINFELD and can't really watch "Friends" at all---didn't watch the episodes when they first aired so they're a real treat
    now , really enjoyed the one referring back to that movie "the English patient" so many laughs over Elaine's lines --- yeah, and to bring two of the main characters into 2016, also like VEEP & "Driving in cars drinking coffee".
    Great topic here!

anglyn1 wrote: »
    @samanthaluangphixay Seinfeld can be very alienating as you'll either love it or hate it. I love it. My husband hates it. Also I'm sure there are some exceptions but in general I found if you were of age to have watched sitcoms in the 90's you either liked Friends or Seinfeld and rarely both. I detest Friends. My favorite episodes in no particular order: The Chinese Restaurant, The Serenity Now, The Soup Nazi, The Parking Garage, The Junior Mint, The Fusilli Jerry...I could go on. lol

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    My cheating is a bit different but I am struggling with it. We don't have carbage in the house. No kids, my DH is T2D so it just isn't here. Soda crackers are the only crackers and even those get soggy in the cupboard and unappealing. Also, I am just plain stubborn and having been lactose intolerant for years, I am used to ignoring foods that I cannot eat. Not an angel but cheating isn't a huge challenge for me on low carb. High carb, totally different story!

But my DH is the cook and regularly loads my plate with too much protein. He is a good cook too and I am from the 'clean your plate' school of upbringing. So, last night and indian curry with left over roast beef. Wonderful spices cooked in the pot before the meat goes in, the right amount of heat, good food. The salad makings had gone fousty so a few beans were added to the meat and voila, dinner. I knew looking at it, must have been more than 8 ozs there. Probably closer to 10. I knew I should have put half back and get myself some spinach (which was fresh but DH hates it so it did not occur to him to add - I did not have veggies all day.) But no, I motor through it to the end. I did not even want it all! But I cleaned my plate. Why can I not stop and correct my plate? Not really a cheat but imbalanced eating and I should be able to stop and correct. Happens quite often and I am aware of the large portion sizes but have yet to do something about it. Why cannot I not fix my plate or stop when I should stop? Arrrggghhhh!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I think I’m hungry today.
    I have plans to cook a lot of stuff today/tomorrow.
    1. roast chicken with roasted purple baby potato.
    2. eggplant roll-up w/ kale/cheese.
    3. Vietnamese pho (rice vermicelli noodles with beef soup. Shirataki noodles for me)
    4. my oat bran muffin/cookies.
    5. Tomorrow is lamb stew.
    6. garlicy shishito peppers

No, no one is coming over. No party planned. Just hungry.

I already made "Golden of Macau" snap peas (saute w/ a little soy sauce) this morning for snack.
    14449991_10210922953935774_5122250038749244798_n.jpg?oh=000357ddc6956df2f1f51afa4c0cf00e&oe=58733D49
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Thanks @kmn118 . I had forgotten that trick. As I lose and get smaller (I am only 5 ft nothing) the serving sizes have to get smaller too. Good one that he can do. Otherwise, we get into that, "well I tried to do it right, I give up" discussion.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Haaaa to "only 5 ft nothing". I never heard anyone state it that way. :p<3
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    You know when they say size does not matter? When you are only 5'2 every inch matters lol @dasher602014 my SO calls me an ankle biter...
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    You know when they say size does not matter? When you are only 5'2 every inch matters lol @dasher602014 my SO calls me an ankle biter...

I'm with you fellow shorties lol I wish I was an inch taller to make it to the 5ft club If I could have one surgery done, it would be to be taller :p
  • dasher602014
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thanks guys for the support. The shorty club really has to watch the macros and the calories. Even mouthful has to have proper nourishment because we just do not have room in the diet for carbage. I had a blow out dinner tonight with lots of good things to eat. Nothing terribly carby except for a half cob of corn but I know I ate too much for my size. Enjoyed it though.