LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

This past week has been really rough for me. My mom and my stepdad split up and my mom experienced a blackout episode due to the anxiety the situation was giving her. In turn, I freaked out, and rushed to be by her side. The doctor said she has low blood pressure but her heart is working overtime so she has been advised to take it easy. And then this morning, I started experiencing symptoms of an anxiety attack!

I am trying to keep myself busy, but I don't think if that makes it worse or better. I'm trying to work through all the issues, but I have a lot on my plate right now. I couldn't even keep up with the Step It Up challenge.

Anyways, enough with my pity party. I just wanted to say thanks to this community for being supportive and always being there when I needed it.

I'm so sorry to hear this!! Don't forget to take care of yourself through this.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    *hug* Samantha! Be good to your mom, and to yourself.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

This past week has been really rough for me. My mom and my stepdad split up and my mom experienced a blackout episode due to the anxiety the situation was giving her. In turn, I freaked out, and rushed to be by her side. The doctor said she has low blood pressure but her heart is working overtime so she has been advised to take it easy. And then this morning, I started experiencing symptoms of an anxiety attack!

I am trying to keep myself busy, but I don't think if that makes it worse or better. I'm trying to work through all the issues, but I have a lot on my plate right now. I couldn't even keep up with the Step It Up challenge.

Anyways, enough with my pity party. I just wanted to say thanks to this community for being supportive and always being there when I needed it.

I'm sorry (((hug)))
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @samanthaluangphixay , the old serenity prayer comes in at this point:
    The serenity to accept the things you cannot change.
    The courage to change the things you can.
    The wisdom to know the difference.
    <Hugs>
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @samanthaluangphixay: sorry to hear about your horrendous weekend. Hang in there, be kind to yourself so you can help mom, things will improve. Hugs!
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @samanthaluangphixay - I am so sorry to hear about your mom's situation. Others have already said it, but make sure you are both taking care of yourselves during this very stressful time. Stress is one of the things people understimate the most when it comes to how much havoc it can wreak on both your mind and body.

I will keep you both in my prayers.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL!

Your kind words have meant a lot to me, especially the reminder to take care of myself. I definitely fall into the camp of putting others before me, so this is a good reminder.

You are all so fantastic!
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    (((big hug))) for you @samanthaluangphixay
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's Turn it up Tuesday!!

Still swimming through shark week. Ugh. It's been a viscous cycle this month! I'm experimenting with IF. I know I'm not doing it right because I have a BP coffee in the am. I could probably count it more of a fat fast to include it. Then ketoaide for the rest of the day until dinner. I'm not experiencing hunger so something is going correctly.

I blew past my 10k goal yesterday. Over 13k! Gotta keep this up. Today's goal was for 11k.
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I use HWC in my coffee in the AM and am usually fine well into the afternoon. I should try the Ketoaide in the afternoon and see if I could make it until dinner. I love the idea of a BIG dinner :)
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Must be lunch time because I smell and hear the popcorn that my colleague just popped. That's all she has for lunch, sometimes also a tray of ice cubes (craving caused by her anemia). She is overweight and is unhappy with her weight but refused to bring stuff healthy for her.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Cyndi146 wrote: »
    I use HWC in my coffee in the AM and am usually fine well into the afternoon. I should try the Ketoaide in the afternoon and see if I could make it until dinner. I love the idea of a BIG dinner :)

I'm not eating anything past 9pm and have my BPC made anytime between 6 and 7am depending on my work schedule. I'm slowly drinking that for an hour or two! Then I'm usually good to go until about 6pm! I'll then eat a full dinner at 6 and enjoy a snack between 8 and 9.
    I've got to sit do wn and really dig into the how to's and such for fasting. I never thought that it would be something I'd be interested in doing but this week has shown me I can.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Update: I just received word that I did not get the position I applied for.

I am trying to remain positive as I don't want my anxiety attack to return.

Well...time to pick myself up and move on!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Update: I just received word that I did not get the position I applied for.

I am trying to remain positive as I don't want my anxiety attack to return.

Well...time to pick myself up and move on!

Big hugs
  • kpk54
    Options
    There is a better (in all aspects) opportunity waiting for you!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @samantha: All that means is there is a better one waiting for you somewhere!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @samanthaluangphixay sorry to hear that! Hugs to you!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!

Wednesday is here. Halfway mark for the week and the craziness is upon me at work. I've been doing great this week with positive thinking and not letting the stress get to me but today and tomorrow are the crazy days. Lots more kiddos, and more things to get done. Thankfully they did hire on two more staff so things have been a bit easier this week so far. I even got out really early yesterday!
    I managed an extra walk after work since I was home so early. It's was really nice to go out by myself and get some alone time. That is a rarity for sure! Part of me wishes I could join the ymca so I could get exercise when I wanted and have my youngest go to the child care. I guess I could look into it but it's hard to justify with it being out of the way from my house and even further past where I work.
    Maybe I will look into it. It can't hurt to inquire.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Yes, hump day... So I am back to work this week after taking last week off. Things are getting crazy around here. In addition, I'm just finishing up my MBA in a few weeks here and trying to get my final paper done (which is why I took last week off). I'm so exhausted and nervous I'm not going to meet deadlines with the paper. Next deadline is Sun. 11:59pm. I'm contemplating sleeping very early tonight to "catch up" on sleep and then crashing through the paper on Fri. night, Sat., and Sun. I keep telling myself I'm almost there... have to endure a ton of work and anxiety for a little bit longer and then I'm done! After this, I don't expect to ever work towards another degree in my life, as in my field, a Ph.D. (the next higher degree) is not very valuable unless I want to work in academia (I don't).

After this degree is done, I'll have time to focus on other things for me - that includes returning to a workout routine. I might develop a new routine or I might return to a prior routine that I had put a lot of thought and research into building specifically to gain strength in muscles needed for rock climbing. Maybe a hybrid. IDK - I'll look at that when I get there. I have other things planned. Hopefully not more than I can actually take on, but it will be nice to finally have time for things I've been putting off.
  • kpk54
    Options
    @midwesterner85 Years ago (when I was highly driven) I was working on degree 3 which happened to be an MBA. I QUIT in term 3 of 5 so good for you for getting through it especially while juggling employment. Kudos.