LCD Chat...

Replies

• supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Here is something I just purchased in Costco. New to me but maybe y'all are familiar with them. I know, I know, we can make our own but sometimes it's nice to have it done for you. 100 cal for 15, 0 carb. They are parmesan cheese crisps. Don't let the label fool you, size-wise they are about the size of a quarter, on the label they look like the size of rice cakes!!
    bhpoh1e8p943.jpg
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    supergal3 wrote: »
    Here is something I just purchased in Costco. New to me but maybe y'all are familiar with them. I know, I know, we can make our own but sometimes it's nice to have it done for you. 100 cal for 15, 0 carb. They are parmesan cheese crisps. Don't let the label fool you, size-wise they are about the size of a quarter, on the label they look like the size of rice cakes!!
    bhpoh1e8p943.jpg

I know! When I bought them, I was thinking 'Score! Something the size of a chip that I can snack on?' *opens up bag* 'Ahhh...*kitten*!' *eats a handful anyways*
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    It's Hardcore Monday.

Woke up bloated and bleh this morning. WTH!! Everything I ate yesterday was on plan I thought! I'm thinking my lunch is suspect. It was leftovers from the fridge and I think the lightbulb just went off! I made Keto taco meat while the family had packaged taco meat. There were leftovers of both but only one left in the fridge yesterday.... You know what I'm thinking.

Going to have to dig my heels in today and go tough. I'm determined to make this an awesome month for me as October is usually the beginning of the end for me. Holidays always seem to pull me down and it always starts with the yummy teats that are out in force starting in October.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    edited October 2016
    Browsing Pinterest for low carb recipes and this promoted pins pops up. I feel like some smarter audience targeting could have been done because this is completely irrelevant to me and did not match any of the other pins on the page.

k30spj75ttes.jpg

• jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    I take it as a good sign when "targeted" marketing is off the mark, although I know they really do have the data, just are using it poorly.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Ew at the snack bowl...that's not even creative. Just a bunch of crap thrown together...
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Good morning all... got home last night from an amazing weekend away with my husband at the beach! So good! And I did so good food-wise. Drank more alcohol than normal but it's so nice not to have to crawl my way out of a bad weekend. Ready to kick this week in the mouth! Let's go team!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited October 2016
    bowlerae wrote: »
    Browsing Pinterest for low carb recipes and this promoted pins pops up. I feel like some smarter audience targeting could have been done because this is completely irrelevant to me and did not match any of the other pins on the page.

k30spj75ttes.jpg

I love getting these on Instagram, I chime in and comment on exactly how much sugar is in the product, how many doughnuts you could have instead of it and how terrible it is to be promoting something so bad for people, lol. I got an ad from NakedJuice and they were saying "no added sugar" (like that makes it healthy) and I went on to explain that no added sugar doesn't mean no sugar at all, and their drink was the same as consuming a doughnut. Ever since then I haven't seen their ads.

It might be considered rude but at best they'll block me and I won't see their ad again.. lol.
  • bowlerae
    @Sarahb29 oh man, occasionally I'll pass by the Naked Juice aisle thinking I'll finally find something with a tolerable amount of carbs. I am always wrong. It's astonishing and people think it's healthy. On a side note, I bought a juice a year ago and immediately after (never even got to use it) I changed my WOE, not to keto or low carb but I was just more cognizant about how much sugar are in juices. I just sold my juicer this weekend!
  • bowlerae

k30spj75ttes.jpg

This actually repulses me it looks so disgusting. Individually, yea, I like everything in it, but they really just threw everything and the kitchen sink in there.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    @Sarahb29 oh man, occasionally I'll pass by the Naked Juice aisle thinking I'll finally find something with a tolerable amount of carbs. I am always wrong. It's astonishing and people think it's healthy. On a side note, I bought a juice a year ago and immediately after (never even got to use it) I changed my WOE, not to keto or low carb but I was just more cognizant about how much sugar are in juices. I just sold my juicer this weekend!

@bowlerae That's what bothers me the most! Companies pushing their products and giving people the illusion that these are healthy options, which is why I call them all out. Cereals, nutrigrain bars, nature valley, all of them promote this healthy image yet are full of sugar, and people don't know any better. So I put them on blast. Regular people not reading labels see the word "nature", "fat free", "no added sugar", and even the word nutrigrain - "nutri" and "grain", it sounds healthy. This is how things have gotten so bad!
  • Cyndi146

I know! When I bought them, I was thinking 'Score! Something the size of a chip that I can snack on?' *opens up bag* 'Ahhh...*kitten*!' *eats a handful anyways*

q30txarb2h6g.jpg

costco has these in the deli section. Very crunchy.
  • bowlerae
    @Cyndi146 1.) What the heck is that and 2.) Is it good?
  • Cyndi146
    Parmesan crisp from Costco. They are very crispy (when I make them at home I leave them a little chewy). But some on here were craving the crunch. I palmed it to give size reference.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    This is such a good week for me. I was completely off the rails and decided to start over. It may seem counter-intuitive but I spent most of last week eating and drinking whatever and staying off the scales. On Friday I weighed in, reset my starting weight to my current weight, and began logging again. While I used to record my weight daily, I'll be recording only on Saturday mornings now. So far it's working for me. I'm mostly pre-logging and much more aware of how I stand macro wise throughout the day.

Last evening I recognized a huge bonus to being dedicated about pre-logging. Jim ask me if I wanted a drink with dinner. Well, yes, that sounded marvelous. That glass of wine was one of the best glasses of wine I've had in a long time because I knew there was room for it in both calories and carbs. No guilt wine! And I recorded it at my leisure after dinner. Guess what! I'll be saving up calories and carbs to have another no-guilt wine tonight.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Cyndi146 wrote: »
    Parmesan crisp from Costco. They are very crispy (when I make them at home I leave them a little chewy). But some on here were craving the crunch. I palmed it to give size reference.

I bought something similar at Sam's, and they were the size of a quarter. Very good and crispy! My non LCHF husband loves them too.

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    @PamamaJane Congrats on getting back on track! I've gotten so bad at logging lately. I started again yesterday but only entered part of my food. I'll try again today because I totally agree with you - knowing where you are for the day keeps you going for that treat at night - whether that treat is wine or an extra serving of meat with butter :smile:
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Ugh....
    I was running a tad late this morning so I skipped my BPC. I was happy to see the breakfast at work was scrambled eggs. So I ate a bowl. Since then I've been nauseated. Wtf. Tried ketoaide, tried a pickle. Now I'm drinking a Diet Coke hoping that the bubbles will either get me some relief wth burping it out or unsettle my stomach enough to put me out of my misery!
    :(