LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! I survived my vacation just barely. Started with my youngest and my husband being violently ill the whole flight to BC. I landed covered in puke and had to change at The airport. The next day my older son was sick all day. Between sympathy nausea, a mild touch of what they had, and neither my mother not my MIL knowing what to cook for me I wound up eating VLCD for several days and was really dizzy and lightheaded.

Had a few days where I felt a bit better but was probably still netting <1200 calories per day.

Had a lovely Christmas Eve where I ate whatever was available. Because Christmas.

Christmas Day was spent trying to be festive while my brother heaved his guts out all day. Our company for dinner also cancelled due to stomach flu so it was just my nuclear family and my parents, while my brother tried to convince someone to kill him.

The rest of the trip was fine. I wound up losing weight even though I was not remotely adhering to LC. New beginnings today though!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!!
    We are moving on to the second day of the year!
    I managed to hit almost all my goals for the day. My steps were low, weekend I aim for 5k and I was 200 steps short. Today would normally be a 10k day but since I'm off for the day it's bumped down to 5k.
    I'm planning for a mostly relaxing day. I did my cleaning and such yesterday, just laundry for today which is easy enough.
    Hope you all have a wonderful day!!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hiya to you all, haven't been on for ages, but jumping back into the fray, have put on nearly all the weight I lost last year so starting again - going to take each day as it comes - and get back on track slowly, hopefully by the end of January I will be back to <20g carbs, has been a tough stressy few months but 2017 is a new year and a totally new start.

Looking at keeping positive and changing negative thoughts so that I can accomplish more this year.

Hope you are all well and have had a lovely Christmas
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hi all, holidays sounded horrifying, @sarahthes! Feel sorry for you! Too bad the BC vacay wasn't all you hoped for.
    Welcome back @Carnivorekat! You'll slide right into the old routine, no problem, you got this.
    I am still under my decade (140's) after losing weight in Jamaica (due to lack of money for food our last week - YIKES the place is expensive unless you are in some lockdown All Inclusive) BUT need to keep it under control, as last night I had a stress meltdown and 'ate all the things.' Nothing really high in carbs, but so much food that my tummy was upset with me.
    Still 16 hrs IF - but I have to not eat continuously during my 8 hr eating window.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's back to normal!
    Off to work I go! No more days off for a little while. I enjoyed them while they lasted but all good things come to an end.
    Enjoying my morning coffee before I start getting ready, maybe two.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    It's back to normal!
    Off to work I go! No more days off for a little while. I enjoyed them while they lasted but all good things come to an end.

I lurk, y'know doin' the mod thing, and I check up on you guys to see how you're all doing. Never got around to joining the conversation. I just have to say @ProCoffeenator that your new pic is awesome. I always envy those who can rock short hair. I do not have the face shape or the hair texture for that.

Hope you have a great day at work. Or at least a mostly-unstressful one.

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Back to work today! Now we're on the stretch of bad weather and no days off til May. Well except my b-day...I decided I'm taking it off since it's on Friday so I can have a birthday weekend! :)

The holidays were good here, just hectic. I maintained my diet goals so I'm all good there! Now to get back into my routine...getting to bed earlier...getting up on time. I always struggle with that!

Welcome back @Carnivorekat! This will be your year! :)

Sorry you were dealing with so much illness on your vacation @sarahthes! I'm glad you are feeling better!

• ProCoffeenator
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    It's back to normal!

I lurk, y'know doin' the mod thing, and I check up on you guys to see how you're all doing. Never got around to joining the conversation. I just have to say @ProCoffeenator that your new pic is awesome. I always envy those who can rock short hair. I do not have the face shape or the hair texture for that.

Hope you have a great day at work. Or at least a mostly-unstressful one.

Aww... Thanks @baconslave
    It took me a bit to really get used to it! I went shorter and shorter with each cut. Can't get any shorter than I am now! Lol
    Stress free so far... but give it time cause I'm working late tonight.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Morning! It's Wednesday!
    All I have to say this morning is it's freezing!!
    Snow is falling and I'm not ready for the cold to return.

How is everyone doing so far? We are halfway through the first week of the year already.
    I'm running behind this morning. Tired and not ready for the day.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    It is freezing where I am as well. Temp. is 9F, wind chill is -6F. Last night, I went out for my first run of 2017. Wool socks, Nike athletic pants, UA Cold Gear mock over short sleeve synthetic shirt, wool hat, thin wicking gloves, and thicker gloves over that. It was a big warmer then - around 20F and around 5F to 10F wind chill. Very windy... I was fine with that except my face was blown by the cold wind and that was uncomfortable and cold. And the 2 layers of gloves were not enough for the wind. It was a short run (3.5 miles), and yet my hands were so cold and dry. On my right hand, it was bad enough that it cracked open and was bleeding.

Additionally, my legs were way more sore than they should have been for that short of a run. Both calves and inner thighs were (and still are) painfully sore. I tried foam rolling before going to bed, then woke up several times with very painful cramps. After the first time, I drank about 2 cups of pickle juice. They kept coming, though seem to be getting better now that I'm awake and moving around. Legs are still sore, and feel like they are about to cramp yet. Perhaps I should have drunk even more pickle juice. Will see how things feel come lunch time (plan to go home for lunch, where I have a stash of such juice).

This short of a run should not have caused those issues. I wonder if there is something about the cold? Perhaps I should have warmed up inside beforehand.
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Here in Northern Ontario after 10 am and still -13. I haven't been out of house only once since Christmas day due to this darn flu.

I totally forgot that I was on this site so been a long long time.
    I go to low carbs 50 plus most every day.
    But will reach out for all the help I can get.

See you all lighter
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    The temperature is nice here - in the mid 80's although a bit rainy today. I feel like I'm under so much stress with work and life right now, and have zero time to accomplish anything. Well, I guess I'm gonna bite this elephant one bite at a time until it gets eaten.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @midwesterner85 how strange to have such weird cramping after your run. It must have something to do with cold maybe effecting blood flow in the legs? I'm not a "real" runner just a recreational jogger but my legs feel weird in the cold too. Have you ever tried the Columbia Omni-heat stuff? I have a couple of the jackets and an ear warmer, they keep me almost too hot at times! I really would like to try the Omni-heat lined running tights.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    @midwesterner85 how strange to have such weird cramping after your run. It must have something to do with cold maybe effecting blood flow in the legs? I'm not a "real" runner just a recreational jogger but my legs feel weird in the cold too. Have you ever tried the Columbia Omni-heat stuff? I have a couple of the jackets and an ear warmer, they keep me almost too hot at times! I really would like to try the Omni-heat lined running tights.

I'm not a "real" runner either... maybe someday, lol. Temperature wasn't really much of an issue from a comfort standpoint, outside of face and hands. But I thought of that as well. Perhaps some research is in order.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Morning! It's Wednesday!
    All I have to say this morning is it's freezing!!
    Snow is falling and I'm not ready for the cold to return.

How is everyone doing so far? We are halfway through the first week of the year already.
    I'm running behind this morning. Tired and not ready for the day.

We have snow flurries, the temp has been dropping since I got up it was at 25, is now in the low teens and a blizzard with sub zero F is in the forecast for tonight. So winter as usual in Colorado.

My hands, feet and head must be warm or I won't exercise outside. I have great gloves, wondeful woolen socks and goretex hiking boots, but the wind-resistant hinged balaclava I thought would keep my face and ears protected just doesn't do a good enough job to be out in sub zero stuff for very long at all. That is why I have a room at home dedicated to exercise TRX system, youtube access, DVDs, even have vhs tapes from ages ago. I love my dumbbells and the step bench I use with those.

But did I mention I am ready for Spring to arrive????
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    Happy Thursday!
    I'm up but not ready to be starting the day. I had a terrible night. Had another dentist appointment yesterday and my jaw is killing me. Broth and cheesecake whip was all I could manage to eat last night. Ouch. The good news is that I'm almost done.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator here's hoping your dental work feels better later today. Does your dentist realize the consequences of fibromyalgia for tmj issues and other mouth pain?? I am lucky that my dentist, orthodontist, and hygienist all understand the enhanced pain perception and carefully work within my limits.
    Cheesecake whip sounds pretty awesome though.
    It's -20C here tonight and I am on foot patrol! Damm COLD to be trotting around the buildings in the snow. At least I can get into my patrol car fairly often and warm up. I am wearing Icebreaker merino longjohns under my uniform pants, a merino turtleneck under a thick ribbed wool uniform sweater under a fleece vest under a wind resistant cordura uniform jacket. Wool police toque and fleece scarf and thick sheepskin mittens that come off when I get into the car. At least it's not blowing hard or snowing. Beautiful and sunny during the day.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @ProCoffeenator here's hoping your dental work feels better later today. Does your dentist realize the consequences of fibromyalgia for tmj issues and other mouth pain?? I am lucky that my dentist, orthodontist, and hygienist all understand the enhanced pain perception and carefully work within my limits.

They have my medical which includes Fibromyalgia on there but yeah, It had to be done. Been all liquids so far today. I tried bringing in a Keto Muffin but I couldn't open my mouth wide enough and chewing was ridiculous. Thankfully I had the foresight to bring bullion cubes. Looking forward to my whip again tonight. As far as numbing me up he pretty much numbed my whole head! Haha! My appointment was right a 4 sharp and it only started to ware off at 9!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Let's try to sneak through this Friday!
    I'm so ready for the weekend. I'm ready for a few days off. And looking forward to not having to go outside in this super cold weather. I'm planning on staying inside where it's warm.