LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It was disgusting!!
    I'm not one to mix my bacon with much of anything... prior to Keto the whole bacon fandom of mixing bacon with chocolate or ice cream never sat well to begin with either....
    Back in the day chocolate covered potato chips was the furthest I ever went with that craziness
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    My colleagues and I made a Costco run today to get snacks for the office and I convinced them to get the big pack of ready cooked bacon for snacking on :) now this is how you make a happy employee lol
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Wow! @bilglitch that is a great success story!

115 lbs in under a year. You really worked hard and I hear you about everything being easier. :D
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Tomorrow is Friday.

Really hoping the propane truck comes before we run out.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's F....F....Friday!
    Still freezing cold too...
    It's going to be a crazy insane day at work today. Children's Christmas parties.... going to wind em up.... sugar them up.... then send them home! Haha.

I'm ridiculously close to onderland right now.... gotta stay strong and on track...

Short and sweet this morning. I slept in on purpose.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    billglitch wrote: »
    55 married with 2 adult sons. I have my teaching license and tutor kids that are suspended, injured or ill and can not go to school. I also work part time as a maintenance person at an apartment complex. I also am the track manager at a small dirt track in the area, I am on the town board in my town, and I own 5 pieces of rental property.

I like to cook and my new way of eating has spurred me to try new foods and recipes. A couple of new foods are avocados and coconut oil

Favorite book has to be Dantes Inferno
    Favorite movie A Christmas Carol with Alister Sim (spelling?)

I used to be a jock now i am just an athletic supporter. In high school i weighed 180 and a year ago i was literally twice the man i used to be....360. I started low carb high fat in January of this year at 355 and have lost 115 pounds with NO EXERCISE. I am down to a 38 inch waist from a 50. Everything from tying my shoes to wiping my back side is easier. I think I want to lose another 20 to 25, will know when i get there.

I get a lot of questions about my weight loss. From did you have surgery to are you ill? I have had no real weird responses to my eating, but I think its because people who know me know not to poke the beehive.

I have many many people including relatives who do not recognize me. That feels weird

Bravo to you, Sir. I am sure it is a very good weird feeling. Congrats.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Our furnace broke today. And it's supposed to start snowing in a couple hours. My husband has been under the house messing with it all day. Fortunately he's very handy and thinks it's something he can fix, but man this kind of stuff stresses me out!!
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    Our furnace broke today. And it's supposed to start snowing in a couple hours. My husband has been under the house messing with it all day. Fortunately he's very handy and thinks it's something he can fix, but man this kind of stuff stresses me out!!

I hope you have heat now. We are still watching and waiting for the propane truck. They cannot make it down our road because of snow at the moment.
  • Cadori
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

I hope you have heat now. We are still watching and waiting for the propane truck. They cannot make it down our road because of snow at the moment.

Nope. :(. Looks like we need a new one. It's 30+ years old so it's time, but ack!! Thank goodness it's heat only. Those units are cheaper. Bye bye savings.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's a snowy Sunday... again!

I'm so close to onderland it's ridiculous!! I can just taste it! Even with my peanut addiction rearing it's ugly head yeaterday!!
    I've been doing everything I can to stay on track! Friday at work was the Christmas party for the kids and a few brought me in presents which I never had a chance to open till I got home. The majority of the kids know that I eat differently as we eat with the kids at meals and snacks... so I'm constantly telling the kids that certain foods "make me sick". How else to you explain this to three year olds.
    All the sugary items were surrendered to my mother which she happily accepted... I even handed her the bottle of wine one of my parents smuggled in as a gift! Haha!! A bottle of wine! It's getting obvious that we are stressed out teachers?!?!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Weekly low-carb rant follows:

So I got into an argument recently. One of my 'friends' a vegan-influenced point about how he eats 5 bananas and 3 apples every day for lunch and about how eating animal products is terrible for your health. I responded with an explanation about how I've personally seen such improvement with BG by eating a whole lot more "animal products." Some others decided to argue with me... one of them, a nutritionist, argued BG's are so much better if I would just eat carbs and no "animal products" whatsoever... supposedly the reason why my BG's were more difficult to manage before going low carb is because those carbs were accompanied by "animal products."

Ugh. I can accept different viewpoints on things like religion and even on whether eating meat or drinking milk, etc. are "moral." But don't try to use the "health" argument in favor of eating heavy carb. I've seen too much success with this WOE to be swayed by a nutritionist unwilling to consider something aside from veganism.

The poor, misguided souls. :D I wonder what their A1C looks like?

My son and daughter-in-law are vegan, and I respect their viewpoints on the ethical and environmental reasons for not consuming animal products. I was vegetarian for several months, then went full vegan last December when they moved in with me. By June my weight was at its all-time high, and my A1C hit 8.1 even though I was on diabetes medication. I was tired and hungry all the time.

June 1st I started LCHF and went back to being an omnivore. You all know how it goes, immediate improvements followed by more improvements in all areas of health. I'm 20+ pounds lighter and still losing weight, have all the energy I need ALL day long, and am no longer taking diabetes or cholesterol medications. Oh, and my A1C was 6.3 on my labs last month.

Some people can thrive on a vegan WOE, but they are in the minority.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    MyriiStorm, There are sites for vegan low carbers, but it is really hard for them to get base protein needs in, and many vegans do not follow it strictly, they eat cane sugar. True vegans won't because the cane fields are burned before the cane is cut, it rids the fields for rat, cane toads, and snakes, I saw the burning with my own eyes in Queensland, Australia.

Glad you got back on track. We are built to eat just about anything, just not everything in my experience. o:)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Diggin' Onederland for you. Congrats!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    Weekly low-carb rant follows:

So I got into an argument recently. One of my 'friends' a vegan-influenced point about how he eats 5 bananas and 3 apples every day for lunch and about how eating animal products is terrible for your health. I responded with an explanation about how I've personally seen such improvement with BG by eating a whole lot more "animal products." Some others decided to argue with me... one of them, a nutritionist, argued BG's are so much better if I would just eat carbs and no "animal products" whatsoever... supposedly the reason why my BG's were more difficult to manage before going low carb is because those carbs were accompanied by "animal products."

Ugh. I can accept different viewpoints on things like religion and even on whether eating meat or drinking milk, etc. are "moral." But don't try to use the "health" argument in favor of eating heavy carb. I've seen too much success with this WOE to be swayed by a nutritionist unwilling to consider something aside from veganism.

The poor, misguided souls. :D I wonder what their A1C looks like?

My son and daughter-in-law are vegan, and I respect their viewpoints on the ethical and environmental reasons for not consuming animal products. I was vegetarian for several months, then went full vegan last December when they moved in with me. By June my weight was at its all-time high, and my A1C hit 8.1 even though I was on diabetes medication. I was tired and hungry all the time.

June 1st I started LCHF and went back to being an omnivore. You all know how it goes, immediate improvements followed by more improvements in all areas of health. I'm 20+ pounds lighter and still losing weight, have all the energy I need ALL day long, and am no longer taking diabetes or cholesterol medications. Oh, and my A1C was 6.3 on my labs last month.

Some people can thrive on a vegan WOE, but they are in the minority.

These are otherwise healthy people, so they aren't probably testing A1C regularly. Even most annual physicals still don't include that. I think they should because type 2 diabetes is so prevalent and I think that is a much better test for early detection than the fasting glucose test. But that is a different discussion altogether.

In either case, I won't argue with someone about morality / ethical issues surrounding animal products. I can even understand environmental considerations, though I'm not convinced that all those farm machines, trucks, grain dryers, more trucks, and processing / food factories are more environmentally friendly. Maybe they are when factoring in photosynthesis and CO2 reduction, but I just don't have all the data for the full processes on such things. Not that it matters... those issues I won't argue about. However, I am very familiar with the health side particularly for my body. I have more training on type 1 diabetes than most physicians, so to have a nutritionist arguing with me about what diet is best for type 1's would be funny if I didn't think she is recommending this to clients.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator congrats on onederland!!! :) Your hard work is really paying off!!!

Christmas lunch at work today. I'll just pick and choose amongst the meat and maybe a few low carb veggies. I fit some sips of eggnog milkshake into my carb count for the past two days but I don't think anything here will be as worthy! lol. I made fudge just because it's so simple but I don't think I'll eat a piece. I'd prefer my 90% Lindt. I'm kind of excited for Christmas but my family had me so stressed this weekend that now I'm not sure. ugh.

• Cadori
    Options
    Monday is back!

After a whole weekend of me sleeping in, it was pretty tough convincing myself to get out of bed! Lol. It's freezing and I was toasty warm. I just kept telling myself it's my early day and I get to leave work early.

I cannot believe this is the week leading up to Christmas. This year has just flown by! I haven't done any shopping yet... it's going to be a cheap Christmas this year but it will happen nonetheless!

Oh! And....

It happened.... been looking forward to this moment for awhile now.....

ONDERLAND!!!!

WooHoo!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Procoeenator, Congrats on reaching onelander.

b91bnnxq6l3u.gif