LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    idocdlw wrote: »
    grafixfrh wrote: »
    My 2 favorite things in my kitchen are my NUWAVE oven and my trusted george foreman grill.

Love your post! I will add to the favorite things list. I am a full-time RV'r and hated cooking with the gas stove (I also have a combo convection oven/microwave). For my birthday in Jun, I bought myself a 2-burner induction cooktop and a Magma nesting cookware set plus an induction water kettle. I previously owned the Magma stainless steel nesting set...my new one is induction and ceramide coated (so non-stick). Love, love, love. Also ditched my Keurig and the wasteful pods for a nice stainless steel French press and a small hand grinder for coffee beans. I use the French press for more than coffee...it is great for tea and is the perfect shape & size for whipping up homemade mayo & dressings with my stick blender.

Oh wow, I had not thought about using my french press to make mayo and sauces with the immersion blender. Wonderful idea, thanks!
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Haha...I just got an email from an old boyfriend who I communicate with often. I had mentioned, in passing, some conflict with my brother in law. I used the acronym BIL and somehow this got misinterpreted as conflict with my brother, "Bill". While "Bill" is not my brother in law's name, I appreciate the humor in the situation and will from this moment forth, refer to him as "Bill". :smile:
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hello weekend!
    You know you're stressed out at work when you start having nightmares about it!!

My weekend will be full of organizing and cleaning. Not much fun but it's got to be done.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's a snowy Sunday!!

Making a Keto beef stew for dinner tonight. Going in the crock pot for 8ish and then slow cooking all day... it's going to be delish!

Yesterday turned into busy morning followed by laziness!! Another impromptu fast since it was busy... forgot breakfast realized lunch had passed and figured I might as well push through till dinner... the result? My scale showed a happy loss for me. Yaay!

Have a great day out there today!!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Monday is back again!
    Didn't we just have a Monday?

Today is going to be a crappy day. Early in at work, then leaving for the dentist appointment that I've been dreading! Going to see if they can fix my broken tooth and suffer through some major anxiety!

Starting the day off on the wrong foot too... my phone is disconnected from service.... calling to phone provider but they are closed till 7. Grrr... I had set up a payment that was supposed to happen Thursday just checked my bank statement and it didn't go through... I'm assuming that's the issue. But still pisses me off.

It's going to be a long day.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Tuesday is here!
    We survived Monday.... now to survive the rest of the week.
    We can do this! But first I've gotta hurry up and get ready for work...
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Winter is coming Wednesday...
    Snow is coming... really confused me since the alert came during th night made it sound as if there was going to be A ton of snow when I looked outside this morning. It's actually starting tonight into tomorrow.
    On a better note. We are halfway through the week with today... Friday will be here before we know it!
    Have a great day out there today!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Not going to get any snow here, but we are getting a winter blast with temps into the 20's the next couple of days. Stay warm!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    We got snow last night, I just shoveled off the back deck and front porch areas. It is bloody freezing out there. Tonight's low is expected to go below 0 F, winter has arrived on the Front Range.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm....I don't remember ever posting in this thread!

I'm Erin. 35 years old. I'm married to the most loving supportive husband ever! I have a 10 year old son and 5 year old bonus son. I live in Florida, so no snow here like I see some of the above posters are getting! I would love to have a little for the holidays but could never live full time anywhere it snowed a lot...I would be terrified to drive in it!
    I lost about 25-30 pounds a couple years ago strictly counting calories and doing cardio. It came off very easily. Then I had a ton of stress and life changes and gained it all plus some back. So I am back to losing again and very serious this time. Low carb is the best for me. I love so many LC foods and carbs just bloat me.

I have 2 puppies, Joe and Lilly. We like to take walks. Go to the beach or pool with our sons. Parks, picnics, the springs, zoos....lots of things outdoors. Have my family over for cookouts.

I work in banking. It's great hours but a boring desk job, lol
    I'd like to do something with kids. Who knows, for now while my son is young I'll stick with it for the hours and holidays off :)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I had made a running goal of 35 miles in Dec. I went out last Sat. for a longer trail run. It was snowing, but was 34 degrees, so it was that heavy wet snow. After only 2 miles, I turned back because I didn't have gloves and my hands were really super cold. The rest of me was fine, and my head was sweating so I removed my wool hat for a short time. Still, circulation in my hands was fading and I was getting some frostbite symptoms. Took a slightly longer route back, ended up with less than 5 miles total.

It was nicer and warmer (50's) on Mon., so I went out for a short run around the neighborhood after work and before dark. Today, it is low 20's and in the single digits for "feels like" temp. I can't get to my goal if I stay inside, so I'm going to bundle up (including something for my hands) and go out for at least a short run after work today regardless.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hi esaucier, I've worked in banking too, yep, great hours. I did some days customer service rep, some days management support. Perks were pretty good but pay wasn't great considering you are handling everyone's money. I was in charge of a 10000 cash drawer ( it's been 8 yrs ago now). Miss some of the customers (I had regulars that used to wait for my till to be available, lol) - don't miss the upper management politics though.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Welcome @esaucier17. Florida sounds lovely. I'm in WV where it can and often does snow anytime from Oct-April! This year we've had it disturbingly easy. Only flurries so far. This probably means after January it's going to be ON! Snow driving is not my thing but I've gotten sort of used to it.

@midwesterner85 Good luck meeting your running goal! The good thing about winter running for me is having more pockets in my cold weather stuff. I kind of enjoy being in the snow provided I'm layered appropriately!

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Pools and beach, how totally dreamy.

We were supposed to have a blast of winter last night into today but now it has all slid a day and I have to travel tomorrow! By bus but still an hour round trip for my DH to get me to the bus.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Thursday!
    So far? No snow! I'm going to make it to work just fine! Lol. I was all worried about this morning's commute.

I had the worst. Day. Ever. Yesterday. Complete with tears of anger! Started off bad, then it was just a spiral *kitten* show after that.
    Got myself together eventually and held my head up and just survived the day afterwards.

New day today. I'm not going to let today bring me down again. Going to breathe and keep riding my unicorn into the weekend.

Keep Calm and Keto On!
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator So sorry about your crappy day yesterday, but you showed your true grit pulling it together and vowing to have a good day today. That's my hope for you and everyone, to have a great day today!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    kmn118 wrote: »
    @ProCoffeenator So sorry about your crappy day yesterday, but you showed your true grit pulling it together and vowing to have a good day today. That's my hope for you and everyone, to have a great day today!

^^^^ This. Have you considered getting another job? It sounds like a toxic situation you are in, maybe time to move on?

Glad you found your unicorn to finish out the day.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Cold in Vancouver today! -7 Celsius....bailed on my butt on my way to the bus today twice. Gnarly marks on my hands from breaking my fall but it's all good. I actually have a dinner tonight and I'm looking forward to it because I don't have to cook and I don't have to pay for it! Yay for clients! lol

Have a good one folks!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I also live in Florida, which is fantastic, seeing how I can't stand being cold. My other half keeps asking me if I'm anemic, being so cold all the time. So, last week I twisted my ankle which put a huge damper on my 2X a day workout schedule. Unfortunately, the ankle is purple and swollen (still), and I am going to the doctor tomorrow to get it looked at. Lovely. I can't wait for it to heal up so I can start running again, until then, I will be a sad panda :-(
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    I also live in Florida, which is fantastic, seeing how I can't stand being cold. My other half keeps asking me if I'm anemic, being so cold all the time. So, last week I twisted my ankle which put a huge damper on my 2X a day workout schedule. Unfortunately, the ankle is purple and swollen (still), and I am going to the doctor tomorrow to get it looked at. Lovely. I can't wait for it to heal up so I can start running again, until then, I will be a sad panda :-(

Get well soon!