LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @anglyn1 that's the plan - to take her this evening after school and have a blast!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Haha, yeah about the weird clothes sizing. Everything I have from GUESS is a large (and I'm 5'8" and 139 lbs), what does that say about the manufacturer? Severe case of denial.... they are sizeist. At least their shoes are narrow enough for me B) .
    I've been tromping around in my hiking boots getting the ankle back into shape and even wore a pair of slightly chunky heels (only 2 inches high though) the other night. I want to be ready for some adventure in Jamaica the next few weeks. I do miss all my high spiky stilettos but will have to do a bit of physio to get back to feeling sturdy on them.
    Flight is on Thursday AM... I may be out of touch for a while. My vacations are usually e-free, but we are taking our tablets (full of e-books) so who knows. Wishing you all the best in your eating plans!
    Just some more random weirdness to think about.... in line with a thread called H...
    408754532.jpg?641
    fcd607227f10563439f7e10ebebdefe262756c54d383bf0d30f9bbf8a06c834a_1.jpg

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!!
    It's that wonderful day of the week, we climbed the first half and are now standing at the top having a look round before the downhill trip on the other side...
    So far this week my scale went slowly up and holding strong, today showed a slight downward trend... hopefully it continues downward!

Have a great day out there today!
  • josgall
    josgall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've gotten to know a few people over the last month here in this group and this group has been a motivational factor in my body transformation goal. I am focused on a keto type diet which seems to be working well for me so far.

I'm a 37 year old from the Dallas, TX metro area and I work in the telecom industry as a web programmer. My wife and I have a thirteen year old daughter and we are from this area originally but we have lived in the Portland, OR metro area for the last four years. We just moved back over the Summer and although we miss the mountains and the coast of Oregon, the blue sky here in Texas goes a long way too.

Previously I have worked through many diet and fitness programs with my wife , including the original Atkins diet (8-10 years ago), prescription weight loss programs, Jamie Eason livefit fat free/clean eat, a customized bulking diet, and a customized cutting diet, personal training etc. I was thinking about competing at one point a few years ago and then some things happened in my life that I reacted to and I fell off the wagon with all eating and fitness. I am a BodySpace member (search for josgall) and I am always looking for new friends there, so friend me here, and friend me there, please, it's nice to support and to be supported :)

Currently I am working on cutting to lean out and tone muscle with minimal muscle loss through a keto diet with light lifting.

Best wishes and happy low carbing!

Joseph
  • gregpesot
    gregpesot Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!

I got up again at 5AM and rode my bike - been good as far as Low Carbs go the last few days and clothes feel a little better..but gotta be in it for long haul!

Will there be a December Challenge group?? They're always good motivation!

Have a nice rest of the day!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @canadjineh have fun in Jamaica! I'm so jealous. Here I am looking forward to going to the dermatologist on Thursday! haha.

This week has been blah. I have a mystery rash (hence my anxiousness for the derm) and the doctor said it might be my RA meds and to discontinue them and see if the rash left. Well the rash didn't leave, it might even be worse, and my joint aches and general yucky feeling are coming back. So hopefully tomorrow I get some answers or at least get the okay to resume my RA meds. We don't have the best medical care in my area so I'm trying not to be overly hopeful on getting answers. lol
  • gregpesot
    gregpesot Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cadori!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    josgall wrote: »

I'm a 37 year old from the Dallas, TX metro area and I work in the telecom industry as a web programmer. My wife and I have a thirteen year old daughter and we are from this area originally but we have lived in the Portland, OR metro area for the last four years. We just moved back over the Summer and although we miss the mountains and the coast of Oregon, the blue sky here in Texas goes a long way too.

Best wishes and happy low carbing!

Joseph

Didn't know you were from my neck of the woods (kinda). I'm an East Texas gal..."First Monday Trade Days" mean anything to you? ;)
  • RowdysLady
    Options

Gee this brought back memories. During my teen years my mom NEVER bought me anything that fit me and if by chance they had fit I would have been embarrassed to wear in public. My grandmother (Nana) who saw me about once every two months on average, could walk into a store and buy things without me that not only fit, I LOVED them.

And I was a serious reader, not a clothes horse type at all, still am not. So Nana always made sure I had good books to read, mom thought childrens books were ok, I was reading at college level by the third grade according to the tests we had to take yearly, but mom just didn't pick up on that kind of stuff. Thank goodness for my Nana. Oh and you doubt she was the best Nana ever, she bought me and my best friend tickets to see the Beatles, she stood in line for them etc. and that was my birthday surprise one year.

That's a pretty amazing Nana. Anna is my book worm and has been reading at much higher levels all her life. I didn't even have a chance to buy Dr. Seuss for her and hang it up on all the preteen writers like Judy Blume. She had no interest in that dribble. She was reading Harry Potter and Stephen King before I knew it. She'd rather read a book than talk to a person. My kids are night and day different. In some ways that's wonderful in others not so much. I struggle with the antics and attitude Shayla has sometimes and I struggle with Anna's antisocial nature sometimes.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »

Gee this brought back memories. During my teen years my mom NEVER bought me anything that fit me and if by chance they had fit I would have been embarrassed to wear in public. My grandmother (Nana) who saw me about once every two months on average, could walk into a store and buy things without me that not only fit, I LOVED them.

And I was a serious reader, not a clothes horse type at all, still am not. So Nana always made sure I had good books to read, mom thought childrens books were ok, I was reading at college level by the third grade according to the tests we had to take yearly, but mom just didn't pick up on that kind of stuff. Thank goodness for my Nana. Oh and you doubt she was the best Nana ever, she bought me and my best friend tickets to see the Beatles, she stood in line for them etc. and that was my birthday surprise one year.

That's a pretty amazing Nana. Anna is my book worm and has been reading at much higher levels all her life. I didn't even have a chance to buy Dr. Seuss for her and hang it up on all the preteen writers like Judy Blume. She had no interest in that dribble. She was reading Harry Potter and Stephen King before I knew it. She'd rather read a book than talk to a person. My kids are night and day different. In some ways that's wonderful in others not so much. I struggle with the antics and attitude Shayla has sometimes and I struggle with Anna's antisocial nature sometimes.

I think that is common when you have at least two kids. My sister was the fashionista and I was the tomboy. I loved to read and she loved to dance. We also looked very different and had opposite body types. I feel like that's just the way it goes for a lot of families.

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

I think that is common when you have at least two kids. My sister was the fashionista and I was the tomboy. I loved to read and she loved to dance. We also looked very different and had opposite body types. I feel like that's just the way it goes for a lot of families.

This! My kids couldn't be more different! They don't even look a thing alike...to the point that I have been asked in public more than once if they have the same father. :/
  • josgall
    josgall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Didn't know you were from my neck of the woods (kinda). I'm an East Texas gal..."First Monday Trade Days" mean anything to you? ;)

Haha , yes, I'm familiar with the canton sale, have friends there and in Tyler and have been to camp/bike at Tyler state park quite a bit :). Hello fellow Texas low carb person :)

Joseph
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Headed to Jamaica (via a couple days in Houston so Hi to the Texas crew here!) in 6 hours. Of course everything has to go wrong - my tablet had a hardware hissy fit and it took our IT guy and a bit of guessing to reset it, but now at least it's all good. Also hubby has a nasty bladder infection and we just managed to get the lab culture results in time for him to pick up the proper antibiotic. Poor thing. This vaycay may be more of a laid back trip until he feels well. We were thinking about going caving and some heavy duty hiking in Cockpit country, but likely it will just be more gentle strolls and he probably won't feel like crawling through a cave either.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's Thursday!!
    This week is slowly crawling to its end..... hopefully it gets here soon!
    I can gauge what kind of day I've had by how my evening plays out. Last night I got home late so I thought I'd get my son to sleep then hunt the kitchen for dinner.... never happened... I was out like a light and didn't wake up till my alarm going off this morning. Guess that's one way to do IF! :lol:

So today is my early day at work... the way things have been playing out this week I'll still be working late! I hate the way my company has been running things! It's highly irritating.

I didn't get my personal goal of onderland for the month of November. So close! I'm only 4lbs away this morning. I'm also realizing that I'm getting closer to that ultimate goal I've got set and that's why I'm not losing so fast now. Total left to lose is 29. I guess I can't get away with just having things melt away on their own. December is going to have to be step it up month.
    Walking on its own isn't going to cut it anymore. I've just got to figure out how I'm going to do this.
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    grafixfrh wrote: »
    My 2 favorite things in my kitchen are my NUWAVE oven and my trusted george foreman grill.

Love your post! I will add to the favorite things list. I am a full-time RV'r and hated cooking with the gas stove (I also have a combo convection oven/microwave). For my birthday in Jun, I bought myself a 2-burner induction cooktop and a Magma nesting cookware set plus an induction water kettle. I previously owned the Magma stainless steel nesting set...my new one is induction and ceramide coated (so non-stick). Love, love, love. Also ditched my Keurig and the wasteful pods for a nice stainless steel French press and a small hand grinder for coffee beans. I use the French press for more than coffee...it is great for tea and is the perfect shape & size for whipping up homemade mayo & dressings with my stick blender.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's Friday!!!
    *happy dance*

I'm exhausted though. Make it through today then I'm hopefully going to get some extra sleep this weekend!!

Have a great morning everyone!!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    *Happy Dances with @ProCoffeenator* So happy it's Friday! It's been a good personal week but a long work week.