LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Hanging in there! I think tonight is wing night so I have that to look forward to after work! :)
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Wednesday...
    Halfway through the week!
    Got on my scale this morning and bam! Right back up again? What the heck! I had three days to enjoy being back in onderland. Dang it. Steady same weight for three days. My scale is a pain in the *kitten*. So annoying!

If I hadn't just taken my measurements the other day and seen that change I'd be throwing the scale out the window and giving up. Thankfully that's not the case. I was just hoping that this see saw up and down was over and done with.

Keeping calm and ketoing on!
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator - You are definitely in onederland, congrats! That scale is broken ;)

I've been doing a purification program for the last 8 days. Tired of veggies...want to get back to my low-carb/keto foods. I know my body is gaining some beneficial nutrients, so I will continue on. Less than 2 weeks to go.
    Feeling and looking good!

Enjoy your Wednesday!!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It's Wednesday! I am staying the heck away from the scales because shark week is coming in a week, and I am most likely at my highest. Not only that, but I've not been as strict as usual with my food intake because life (good on carbs, but over on calories). Once the half marathon this weekend will be over, I will dust off the trusty food scale. It's looking like for the next four months my free weekends will go from three to two a month, so I will have to be extra vigilant with my food prep to stay on top of it. On the bright side, after the class that will eat up my Saturdays for four months I will be able to take a proficiency exam for a certification in my field, which will be a good thing for my glorious future career as a paper pusher.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Thursday everybody
    Just a quick hello this morning since I've been sitting like a lump on a log.
    I managed two walks yesterday before the bad weather hit! Yay me. Now it's back to yuck so no walk today. My weight is still the same as yesterday still miffed on that point cause I want to get back to the other side of this fence. It will come but I'm not thrilled about it.

Have a great day out there... the weekend is on the horizon people!
  • anglyn1
    Options
    Today is my Friday so yay! Yesterday we had the best 60 degree sunny weather. I actually left work 30 minutes early instead of taking lunch and went for a trail run. It was so nice. Now today it's freezing and snow is in the forecast. Just in time for my b-day tomorrow. Ugh.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @anglyn1 Happy birthday!
  • Lillith32
    Options
    It's Thursday, and I am really looking forward to a fun (and run) filled weekend. I made some fathead pizza yesterday to take with me to lunch today, and really impressed my coworkers. That recipe is amazing. I'll be making a casserole tonight (for Friday and hopefully the next week's lunches) but I might make the fathead dough and roll a few hot dogs in it for myself on Sunday.
  • suzc11
    suzc11 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You've inspired me. I'm making this tomorrow. Hope the family like it!
  • anglyn1
    Options
    suzc11 wrote: »

Fathead pizza is wonderful. I have been gluten free for years and have tried a variety of pizza crust recipes. My husband never cared for any of them. He LOVES the fathead recipe and says it's closer to real pizza than any of the others!
  • Lillith32
    Options
    suzc11 wrote: »

Let me know how it turns out and if you like it.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    My husband's GF too and had not found a pizza crust substitute that he liked. He loves fathead pizza. The first few batches we made were with almond meal which were good, but last time we bought almond flour and oh my goodness it was even better!!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!
    Thank goodness the week is almost over. It's been a rough one and of course it's ending with a snowy finale!
    Have a great day and enjoy your weekend!!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I love fathead pizza but it makes me overeat/crave for the whole evening after. Perhaps because it really isn't all THAT low in carbs. I eat half the pizza easily and the crust alone is 16g carbs/pc x 4 = 64g carbs WITHOUT toppings. Sad but yummy.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    I had one of those busy yet lazy weekends. Saturday was busy from the moment I woke up and of course flew by! Yesterday was getting some things for work organized and again the day just disappeared. Both days I pretty much did 23:1 IF. Meaning the day flew by so fast I never got around to eating. Light snacks both nights for dinner and then bed.

Hope everyone has a great day out there!
  • purplesevens
    purplesevens Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hello! Happy to find this thread! I am trying yet ANOTHER go at low carb, so I joined this group last year. I tried to go low carb again last year but couldn't get my carbs lower than 70ish regularly and gained 5 pounds before I gave in to cravings after a month and quit. I'm starting again today, with a cleaner, more natural eating plan. No low-carb desserts, protein bars, etc., no prepared meals, just homemade home-cooked from fresh as much as possible for a full-time working single mom. OH yes, and to introduce myself, 46-yr old divorced mother of 3 boys who all live with me in FL, my oldest is an adult but he is autistic so may live with me forever. I have lost 70 pounds through calorie restriction/exercise but it's time to move on to something I can sustain forever. I am so sick of weighing and measuring every once or tablespoon of food that I put in my mouth. I'm hoping that eating healthier foods and not processed and "cheat" items will help me get to a happier place. I still want to log my food but I don't want to obsess about the number of calories, but rather the quality of food. I cannot go so far as to get all organic and grass fed beef etc. but I think the changes I'm making will be for the better nonetheless. The challenge will be getting the children there with me. 2 teens? HAH! We will see how it goes. Thanks for listening!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Welcome purplesevens, wishing you well on your Journey. Congrats on that awesome weight loss, too.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I love fathead pizza but it makes me overeat/crave for the whole evening after. Perhaps because it really isn't all THAT low in carbs. I eat half the pizza easily and the crust alone is 16g carbs/pc x 4 = 64g carbs WITHOUT toppings. Sad but yummy.
    canadjineh wrote: »

Hey...This might make you feel better.....The 16 grams you are talking about is actually the fat content....The carbs are only 4 grams per serving......It says there are 6 servings per recipe so if you ate half the pizza you would only be at 12 grams.

Nutrition Facts
    Fat Head Pizza - The Holy Grail
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 203 Calories from Fat 151
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 16.8g 26%
    Total Carbohydrates 4g 1%
    Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6%
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 11g 22%
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

:)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Thanks @swezeytba I printed the recipe off the internet site but it lists them across with no spacing between the macros, so I misread. I feel so much better now, but that still doesn't solve the puzzle of the horrible cravings for MOAR FOOD (not fats, mainly sweet carbs).
    ?
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @purplesevens Welcome and good luck on your journey! I have been aiming for real food for a few years and hanging out on the side lines of LCHF and keto off and on for a year or so. Something finally clicked about a month ago and I have found my sweet spot. Also a full time working mom. Food prepping on my days off is 100% key to me staying on plan. It also enables me to pre log my day... which isn't written in stone but so helpful. We don't like eating the exact meal repetitively, so having a few things readily available keeps me on plan and my family eating whole foods. It gas been a budget saver too eliminating restaurants and drive thru!