LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Well, the weekend is over.
    Monday is back.
    My back is starting to feel better. Still painful but nothing like it was over the weekend. Hopefully it will be back to normal by the time the warm weather arrives at the end of the week.
    My weekend was nothing like normal so I didn't get everything done as I normally do. On a good note my scale is flatlined through this whole back issue. Maybe I'll be lucky and have a loss to show once all this inflammation goes away!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator I hope your back gets back to 100% soon.

How is it already Monday already? Ugh lol.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness it's Monday. It's been an uber-stressful and busy weekend. I'm going to take today off, workout wise, and be back on my regularly scheduled diet and workout routine starting tomorrow.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Family Day stat holiday here, so not much happening. I also have been so sore with back & neck, @ProCoffeenator... it's in my arthritis (from too much 'life') spots, but my fibro could also be exacerbated from the wild weather swings (barometric pressure changes) in our area piled onto family health stresses. Perhaps you are in a similar situation... We have a fair bit in common.
    I have been night eating like a fiend (unfortunately it keeps my mind off pain), and trying to decide between medications or alcohol. I know that sounds a little disordered but we aren't talking about much in my case - Tylenol extra strength which doesn't work for long & isn't good for my liver, OR a couple oz. of Reposado Tequila or Unpeated Islay Single Malt Scotch (also probably not that great for my liver). Scotch won out last night and I actually slept fairly well from 2am-10am. Hubby is going in for a surgery on Thursday and we are both a little stressed out about it. Nothing super scary, but surgery is surgery and he has a very fertile imagination that tends toward the disastrous.

As for flights, I did get peanuts on Southwest and AirCanada in December. Hubby & I take both the peanuts and the pretzels packets. He gives me his peanuts, and I give him my pretzels.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day!
    Last night I meant to do my sons cards and my bags for my class... instead I cuddled with my son and fell asleep. I slept a full eight hours and it was a good sleep too! Now I've got to get all this done before I go to work! Oops!
    My back is calming down finally. This morning it's downgraded to being sore and achey.
    Work will be interesting as it's my late day and we've got parties in the morning.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Wednesday!
    Halfway through the week!

So I'm attempting a n=1. I've been stalled for so long I'm certain something needs to change. The first item to get removed from my diet? Splenda! I went off it awhile back but went back to it because I couldn't find a sweetener that tasted good to me. I love my coffee and tea. But I like it light and sweet. So that means I've been using quite a bit of sweetener. Will be interesting to see if it works!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I've been using Jordan's Skinny Syrups (Splenda is an ingredient) a bit too much in my morning coffee a few times this past month... gets me started on sweet tasting stuff though. I usually drink my coffee plain, strong, and black, but every once in a while I like to throw heavy cream in it and the pumpkin caramel spice syrup - tastes like dessert. :o
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Yeah I like my coffee with HWC and Splenda. I can drink it all day if I let myself. Today (I'm home sick with the plague) decided would be the no Splenda start day. I had my coffee with HWC and a squirt of the liquid stevia. First cup was bleh! The second cup I used less stevia and it tasted better. I hope this works!!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Its been a while since I posted on this thread lol But I'm a devote lurker. @ProCoffeenator , I would suggest maybe doing a calorie reduction to get things going again. Since you've lost weight, your TDEE may be less so you may need to lower your cals to start losing again. I recently went back to 1200 from 1400 (although I was losing but very slowly) and I lost around 7 lbs since December. I hope that I can up my cals a little once Im in maintence but we'll see. I had to take a good look at my eating habits and I saw that I would eat sometimes more out of fear of being STARVING later, than actual hunger, ya know. I don't know if I could ever give up sweetner, I give anyone props if they can do that!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone!
    So the mac truck that hit me yesterday has passed. I felt awful yesterday. Sinuses have been full since last weekend, but yesterday it was the worst it's been and triggered headache, dizziness, nausea... I thought I was going to die! This morning it's back to sinuses and general bleh.. so back to work I go.

On another note... my day 1 with no Splenda. For the last week and a half my scale has read a solid 203. This morning it dropped to 201.8! Is that a fluke?
    I was also sick yesterday. I ate fried eggs for lunch and taco salad for dinner. I even broke down and ate my almond joy mix as a sweet and salty treat! Since I was sick and stayed home my steps for the day were way down! I had under 3k steps when my daily average is about 10k!
    Interesting!! Continuing on with no Splenda again today for a more normal day.

@genmon00 my calories are on average around 1200. I have days where it goes over by about 300 max. Those are the days I've added in extra fat. Most of the time I barely squeak past the 1000 due to being Keto and having that lovely lack of appetite. I also throw in there IF and a few 24h fasts. If I let myself stay close to regular 1000 cal a day that also brings on a stall for me. My metabolism needs calories or it shuts down! I'm totally metabolically deranged!

So, I'm going to keep at this! Man, if this truly is what's happening (the Splenda consumption) I'm going to kick myself for not doing this sooner!!

Have a great day!!
  • wozy46
    wozy46 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    FYI ---this product https://amazon.com/NeilMed-Sinus-Rinse-Complete-Sachets/dp/B000RDZFZ0 really helps relieve sinus problems and colds. I use it at the first sniffle and the cold never develops. It's a huge help for sinus stuffiness/headaches.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    wozy46 wrote: »
    FYI ---this product https://amazon.com/NeilMed-Sinus-Rinse-Complete-Sachets/dp/B000RDZFZ0 really helps relieve sinus problems and colds. I use it at the first sniffle and the cold never develops. It's a huge help for sinus stuffiness/headaches.

I've never been able to get neti pots or things like this to work. For years, I thought my sinuses do not connect that way. A friend didn't believe me and got something for me that is used to attach a string through the back of the nose where it should connect (used for retaining tubing for patients in a coma). I put either side back way further than expected and was finally able to get the magnets to click against each other. When I pulled the string through, there was a lot of resistance and I could feel the rubbing. So I now know that I have an opening, but it is so tiny that a small string can barely fit through. Definitely not enough space to make a liquid flow through. It might trickle, but not flow like what I see in YouTube videos and such. When I have sinus congestion, I'm sure that is completely shut out.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Friday!!
    Well my n=1 continues... this morning my weight is up by a little bit. I also ate a late dinner and I know that's going to mess with my numbers a bit. And it's only the second days results so no towel throwing yet!

I'm looking forward to a good nights sleep with no alarms waking me up in the morning. Better than that? The weather is going to be warmer over the weekend! So excited!
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm probably a horrible person for this but....

Several months ago when I was going to the gym regularly but I had just transitioned from a low-fat diet to a keto diet, I had already dropped a few pounds and was very thrilled about it. I was in the locker room at the gym and this lady was talking to me about how she wanted to burn body fat. I said, "Hey you should try keto" and told her about the constant fat-burning state called ketosis. She was very interested. Halfway through the conversation this other lady interjects and starts giving us the "No no no, it's all about CICO" schpeal. This second lady does some strength training on the machines but I primarily see her doing cardio machines and tabata and circuit type stuff. Either way, she's at the gym everyday and I see her training pretty hard. Well I stopped going to the gym for longer than I'd like to admit because I was losing weight with keto even without exercise so the lazy in me wanted to continue down that road lol. Anyways, I got my *kitten* into the gym yesterday and saw the CICO out chick and she has noticably gained a lot of weight. Who knows, maybe she stopped going to the gym for an extended period of time or something but knowing her and her husband's (who's like a triathlete) training schedule, they seem to go every day except on Sundays. As far as I know she doesn't have any sort of IR or thyroid problem and she is CERTAINLY not pregnant. Just some person who thinks CICO is the holy grail and gives you the leeway to eat whatever you want. Guess that's not working out for her and you can out-exercise a crappy diet.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Being observant @bowlerae, doesn't make you a horrible person. Now if you had gone up to her and pointed out her CICO didn't seem to be working and your keto was, then you "could" be a horrible person. >:)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Hum, I thought I had posted this but can't find it. This is a link to an online low carb conference, the event is real time in Breckenridge CO, lots of great people will be speaking there. The online version is $20, real time is $250, so that is a great deal for the rest of us.

http://denversdietdoctor.com/low-carb-breckenridge-2017-conference-schedule/

online registration is at : https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/low-carb-breckenridge-2017-online-live-stream-tickets-31988888627
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone!
    Two days off! And I might be able to enjoy some outside activities today! That would so make me a happy camper!!
    Still sticking to my no Splenda. This morning brought me back down to the initial weight I had from the start of this. Not complaining since it's a loss!
    Have a great weekend all!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Sunday is here!
    It supposed to be another nice day! I really enjoyed being outside yesterday and it going to be just as nice today!!
    I've also noticed that my whole n=1 is going very well! The weight is still going down not as fast as when I first started but it's going down!! I'm going to update my weight here on MFP and it's going to show as a gain but that's okay since I know it's really a loss! I got frustrated and stopped updating it! Lol
    Stevia is okay. Nothing like Splenda was.. I definitely miss using it but now I understand that the "alternate sugar" was really a lie. (Haha like what I did there). I guess the big bag I just bought and never opened will be going to work with me so someone else can use it! I'd return it but the receipt is gone and I only go that store once a month.
    Anyway!
    Enjoy the beautiful weather!!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Monday.
    I double checked. It's definitely Monday. For those of you who get an extra day added to your weekend... I'm super jealous! I'm having my morning coffee and trying to plot in my head how I'm going to to manage this week. It's a long week ahead with late meetings and a training on Saturday. Bleh!

How about that weather though! It was another Beautiful day! I promised the kids to take them to the park. No biggie. The local park still has the winter barricades up! Ugh. So I went to one further out and OMG it was packed!! So yesterday I learned that I really have become an introvert. I didn't like that many people being around. Lol. The kids enjoyed it. Me? I did my best to walk laps around the playground and walked to the river and enjoyed the scenery and made a run for the car. Haha!

Have a great day!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Anyone know what happened to @RowdysLady not seen her around for ages?