LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Also, a massive tire fire started overnight at a tire recycling facility maybe 25-30 air miles away. It is a heavy wind day and we are under a "red flag alert" (i.e. high risk of fire spread due to heavy wind) this afternoon. The wind direction has also shifted so that smoke is getting blown in our direction. I might run inside on the treadmill tonight even if I can get out before dark... just to avoid inhaling much of that smoke. :(
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Morning
    Tuesday is here quicker than I planned. I fell asleep super early last night. I've got to stop doing that! I had a terrible headache after my dentist appointment and coming off that Novocain did me in. Probably best that I slept but I neglected some paperwork that I needed to finish.
    High wind warnings here too @midwesterner85 hopefully they got that fire under control over your way!!
    I realized this morning that I keep forgetting to log my yoga. I'm doing it but kinda bummed that it's not in my logs.

Have a great day everyone!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Wednesday!
    So... I'm going to start a fast today. How long depends on how the rest of my week goes. I'm allowing coffee fat and broth water/Keto aide too.
    Why? My n=1 is a full out failure. Obviously my body could care less what sweetener I'm using. Stevia run started with a small drop that came right back. On to Splenda and no change from there either. Blood sugars have stayed consistent through it all. So I'm not going to worry about those sweeteners. Going to give my body a rest from food for a day or two and then start fresh.
    I guess I can put a NSV here as I'm looking at doing a fast to restart rather than me saying "cheat weekend"!
    Stay strong people!!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!
    If you plan on ordering a meter go with the Precision Ultra. It's more expensive but if you can afford it it looks to be the best option.

FYI, little known factoid! Some insurance policies quietly follow Medicare's lead by covering diabetic testing supplies with a doctor's statement of need.

If you want to give it a whack, Liberty Medical will get forms to your doctor, send them to your insurance carrier, and send the supplies to you. This goes for blood ketone strips as well as glucose strips and meters. YMMV, of course.
    https://libertymedical.com/diabetes/
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Hello Thursday!
    Creeping into hour 33... I can do this!

Today is my daughters birthday!! She's another whole year older... that makes me older too! Lol! No cake for me please!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator Happy Birthday to your daughter :)
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Friday!!
    Hour 55!! I'm totally doing this! And let me tell you I feel AMAZING.
    I've attempted this before and made it past 24 hours but in my head (I'm understanding this now) I mentally thought I wanted to eat, so I did.
    This round I decided that I'd stick to my guns and really see if I could do this. My fasting blood sugars this morning are at a beautiful 90. I've never seen that number first thing in the morning I'm used to more like 110! Blood testing is also putting me in a full blown Nutritional Ketosis!!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. I'm thinking I'll break the fast this afternoon and then later enjoy my weekly wing night dinner. Crazy thing is I really think I could keep going! Lol.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Way to go @ProCoffeenator!

I actually got up early and did my workout this morning. We're getting some snow here today. Ridiculous. Yesterday it was 60 and I went on a trail run in capris and a light weight shirt.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Broke my fast at hour 70!!!

Some results of this fast..
    Lowest blood sugars ever!
    Highest ketone reading ever!
    Scale finally shows a solid reading below 200!
    Physically felt better than I ever felt before....

I'm pretty sure that this will become a monthly ritual.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Onederland. Sounds like this really gave your body a kickstart.

You're a better woman than me, I do good to do 16 hr. fast.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Broke my fast at hour 70!!!

Some results of this fast..
    Lowest blood sugars ever!
    Highest ketone reading ever!
    Scale finally shows a solid reading below 200!
    Physically felt better than I ever felt before....

I'm pretty sure that this will become a monthly ritual.

Wow! Congratulations to you; that's dedication!!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Sunday!
    I was expecting to get on the scale this morning to see some sort of gain. Pleasantly surprised to see no regain at all!
    I never thought that I'd be able to do an extended fast. I've done IF and one that lasted 24 before. I think it's totally a mental boundary you have to jump.

Today is going to be a busy day. Got tons of work to get through and homework. Then there's all the typical household chores to get to as well!

Hope you all have a great day!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Bringing this to the front page, Hiya all! I just got my glucose/ketone monitor and because I'm not diabetic (at least I didn't think I was...) and have never used one... I started with a practice glucose reading. Ketones will come later since the strips are so expensive. Worked first time - tried a fasting (13 hr) at 1:30 pm, just 1/2 hr after I woke up - 8 hrs sleep. I got 6.3 mmol which is 113.5 mg/dl. From what I read online that is a bit high, no? Even for normal Dawn Phenomenon w/o diabetes. Should be between 70 & 100 or 4-5.5 mmol.
    Any comments? I haven't done a post meal one yet, though.
    Looking for anyone with some better knowledge of diabetes vs. normal BG readings, @RalfLott and @Sunny_Bunny_, or anyone else (I know there are more, I've just forgotten your 'names.')
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Thanks @cstehansen and @RalfLott. I need to look closely at this I guess...
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Thanks @cstehansen and @RalfLott. I need to look closely at this I guess...

Well, no reason not to, eh? BG testing is cheap and informative.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    OK I read the first one and tried the BG test schedule suggested.
    Fasting BG was 6.3 or 113
    One hr post-prandial was 5.3 or 95
    Two hr post-prandial was 4.9 or 87
    Three hr post-prandial was 4.8 or 86

Comments?? What exactly does this mean?
    Thanks, anyone with experience.
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm totally speculating here, but I think it means "eat bacon, because bacon". Then again, I like to think everything is telling me to eat bacon, and so I do.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yep, lotsa bacon on my plate @Just_Eric, lol. Just not tonight, it was mainly tuna, and pesto sauce with some shiritaki noodles, veggies, olives, and chili garlic sauce.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    How ya doin' @ProCoffeenator? It's been a week since you popped in here, hope things are good at home! Missing your cheery attitude!