LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!
    We managed one day.... four more till the weekend! Lol.
    Welcome to our little corner @purplesevens we are very similar being two single full time moms! My kids are a bit younger though. I'm the only one doing Keto my daughter hates meat and my son if at the odd age where he's discovered that he's able to be picky about his food.
    Don't sweat the grass fed/ organic! You can still be Keto without it. That stuff is in no way wallet friendly. Especially if you have to shop at a chain store. If you are lucky enough to find a local farm or butcher with reasonable prices stick to that. Otherwise just seek out the fattier meat cuts
    Logging in the beginning helps get you on the right track.. once you've got an idea of how much and what foods you generally turn to. Many people turn "lazy Keto". Once they are fat adapted and hunger decreases. Lazy meaning we aren't weighing and measuring, some not even logging (like me). I'll revert to logging and measurements when my macros change, if I notice something need a closer look or if I'm trying out any n=1 experiments.
    Many times these days I'm doing IF so I don't bother logging since the site here doesn't let you complete food journals under so many calories.

Good luck!
    Have a great day!
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I just cannot find the motivation to go to the gym.
  • purplesevens
    purplesevens Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Morning! Thank you for the warm welcomes!

I would say I had an OK day yesterday, I did have some mad cravings last night, so I had a small bit of dark chocolate chips, then later a handful of my kids cheezits. Don't know what was happening there, I don't even like cheezits which is probably why it was only 1 handful! But I didn't expect my first day to be perfect, especially since I'm still using up some of my "processed" foods in the house. I ended up being too full on shrimp, salmon, and asparagus to even eat my salad. So, tonight I will make a point to eat the salad first--any leftover protein can go in my work lunch the next day. Today my lunch bag has grapefruit, blackberries, small portion of nuts, and a wonderful egg and spinach, which I'm going to eat now! Also my last frozen meal is my lunch...bleh lol.

I might try making that "fathead" pizza this weekend, it is very similar to a crust I was already making with eggs and cream cheese, so adding the almond flour seems like it would help the texture and firmness. If it looks like the real thing, my kids will eat it. We do make our own pizzas every now and then! I already switched to making my own pie crust from almonds, I just use the food processor to make my own, it's a little coarser but that's ok to me. Have a great day all!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @bowlerae It is always different for different people, but I find it difficult to find motivation sometimes. I'm very introverted and am very much a loner, yet have always thought that if I wasn't single, then there would be someone to help motivate me.

Do you have a fitness tracker? Some people find that the challenges on fitness tracking apps help. Or, there is a Challenges section in the main forum here on MFP. Competition sometimes provides that extra motivation.

I have started signing up for races so I have something to train for. As I get closer and closer to each race, I have to get training in.

Another idea is to give certain rewards for yourself. For many of us, it is the ability to eat more food (though I have a problem lately doing this even when I didn't exercise enough). But for you, maybe you treat yourself to something you have been wanting once you have reach a certain goal. It could be whatever you have had your eye on... new set of earbuds, new shoes, coffee maker, etc.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Thanks @swezeytba I printed the recipe off the internet site but it lists them across with no spacing between the macros, so I misread. I feel so much better now, but that still doesn't solve the puzzle of the horrible cravings for MOAR FOOD (not fats, mainly sweet carbs).
    ?

@canadjineh - I understand completely....lol....I did my first fathead pizza last night....I sort of saved up majority of my carbs for that meal on purpose and I did stay within my carb limits, but I sort of underestimated how fast all the fat and protein adds up on those toppings.....Went over a bit on both of those macros yesterday :)
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Hello! Poking my head in. Just joined your group, thanks for having me! I have officially got tired of fighting the belly bloat and water retention. Giving LCHF a try. I am a little scared of the increased fat and calories, but my research tells me that I will be ok :) Been at it for a few days and feel pretty good, except for my funky breath...yikes.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy February everyone!

It's Wednesday, halfway through the week. I had one of those bad days yesterday... really wanted to just walk out the door and tell certain people a special something on the way out. Of course my body also had to remind me that I'm female and started my period halfway through the day.
    Of course all that together meant that I needed to get hit with my angry carb crave. No worries. I didn't give in! I actually had an a-ha moment during my lunch break... I'm a total podcast addict since starting this woe. So I was listening to the last episode of Fasting Talk and they were discussing how your body gets comfortable. You get into a rut. You start an eating habit and kinda just eat the same amounts every day never changing things... seriously that is so me right now!
    IF has become so normal to me. Everyday has turned into clockwork... regular coffee when waking, BPC on the way to work, nothing except ketoaide during the day and then dinner. Every day. On my other days it's the same except add a lunch in there.

So for the rest of this week I'm challenging myself to eat! Extra fat for me!! It's time to shake up my metabolism!!

Have a great day!!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Groundhog Day!
    Such a weird holiday/tradition isn't it? Here's to an early spring!
    I'm suffering through shark week. I refuse to log what the scale is saying cause the bloat and hormones are winning right now! Haha!
    I logged my foods yesterday. I had a beyond perfect day according to my macro percentage and my nutrients looked pretty good too! Once I get myself out of this stall I really want to look closer at my actual nutrients and see if I can get those numbers looking better. For now it's a good thing for vitamins and supplements!
  • purplesevens
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Morning! When I think of groundhog day, I can only think of that Bill Murray movie. :blush: Doesn't mean much here in Florida anyway, in fact "winter" weather only just started here a week ago. I had to scrape ice off of my windshield for the first time this season, and that's a rarity! Christmas was 82.....For those who work the Mon-Fri grind it's almost over!

I wanted to say that so far I'm pretty happy on my new eating plan, still have odds and ends of the old "diet" food here that I'm using up, but it's a small amount at a time, and when I feel like it's low enough to get rid of I can just chuck it! I already want to throw out the coffee creamer now, I mean, corn syrup, vegetable oil, and all that other stuff in there, gross. Why would I put vegetable oil in my coffee? The only reason I got suckered into this instead of half and half was the flavors...all those flavors that I love, and somehow all that junk made it taste good. But when I look at the label, I can't do it. Not even the caramel or white chocolate or the well you get the idea. I've bought the "Skinny Syrups" and I'm using those and milk/almond milk til I get to the store. Milk has still got to be better than veggie oil "creamer" I don't really even get how that can be called creamer. Anyway, rant on that done.

I was quite surprised that the scale this morning showed a 2 pound drop! Anyone battling the scale knows that fluctuations are part of normal life, but I'd like to think positive and believe that after 5 days of improved eating, my body is already getting back on track! Especially since this is the first time in 2 months it has moved in downward direction. I have been able to stay under my calorie goal, and I've not been hungry at all. Those cravings are still around, and that may take a while, but I do feel like it's already diminishing. 2 nights ago I had to keep telling myself over and over, "don't go eat a bowl of your son's cereal" forcing myself to stay out of the pantry. Last night I didn't even want anything! That's when my cravings are the worst, before bed when dinner has worn off. Now I will have to figure out how to get past our weekly pizza/movie night--that may be the time to try the fathead pizza! I can load it with mushrooms, black olives, spinach, and salami maybe? Sounds yummy!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Friday! That's right, it's Friday!!
    This week has been rough! Survived it though! Today will just be a little bump in the road.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    Well I must admit some things went into my mouth over the weekend that should never have made it there. And the headache that followed was the worst!
    So it's going to be recovery and picking up and tromping forward! This weekend proved to me that Keto is the only way to go for me. It's amazing how terrible food can make you feel. I ate crap all the time.. I felt like crap all the time!
    Never again!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    I also had a tough weekend for food... really, it's been a tough few weeks. Sat. was one of the worst days, though. I was out hiking and brought some peanut butter with me. Didn't really go that far, but ate a whole jar of peanut butter and some beef sausage sticks out in the woods. I was out with a group of people, and we went to a little tavern / restaurant afterwards that has 1 lb. burgers. So I got a cheeseburger with no bun, so it was still low carb. Still, despite a pretty low carb %, 6K calories with low-er carb foods really makes the carbs add up (especially the peanut butter).

My calories have been pretty bad over-all for the past few weeks and I'm going to start transitioning as close to zero carb as possible. Over the next few weeks, I'll try to make that transition.
  • purplesevens
    Options
    Yes, it's Monday again, but I can't make myself say "happy Monday" without a grimace. Work is loaded with problems today, and it's my job to make the problems go away, even if that means going to other people to assign them the problem. Now I just wait on answers, but no worries, in the meantime I have about a bazillion spread sheets to fill out. Well, maybe only half a bazillion.

@midwesterner85 I have no willpower over PB I must portion it out or the spoon somehow eats the whole jar!

I also ate some things I shouldn't have this weekend, but I kept the amounts small. Made homemade mashed potatoes for the kids, and I tried really hard to NOT eat any, but there were like 2 scoops left in the pot after dinner, and I was putting away leftovers and doing dishes, so guess where the 2 scoops went? ;-) Also they were running around with Doritos and I had like 5 of those chips. I don't even buy potatoes, but I was hoping that I could make them natural homemade potato chips--since I'm trying to transition them to healthier food--but those didn't go over so well--hence mashed potatoes. I bought lots of fruit, nuts, and popcorn for popping for them. I know they won't eat what I eat, but at least if we make it here I feel better than them eating only processed garbage. My youngest is really sad that I wouldn't buy pop tarts and soda. I gave them granola bars and tea. They could all do with losing some weight, and I'm concerned about their general health, especially my middle son. He has allergies and digestive problems, and he is supposed to be getting more fiber and lay off the junk food--Dr.'s orders! Anyway, I'm thinking I need to buy a spiraler or something for potatoes (I couldn't cut them thin enough) then cook them in coconut oil, which I use for myself already. It's just so pricey! OK, enough blabbing I'd better start on my google sheets.

Have a great day!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    @midwesterner85 I have no willpower over PB I must portion it out or the spoon somehow eats the whole jar!

I'm sure there are a lot of us. I've decided to finish eating what I have on hand (down to 1 more jar) and then not buy any peanuts, nuts, or peanut butter until I reach maintenance (or if I am going to do a planned cheat day). Over the next few weeks as I transition to zero carb, I'm going to use that jar up along with several cans of green beans, tomatoes, and some frozen broccoli and cauliflower. I will expect to still eat pickles even when at zero carb, as well as a bit of olive oil now and then (I have about 1-2 qt. on hand right now).
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Hello Tuesday!
    Got a rainy, icy winter storm blowing through my area this morning. I like it when these bad weather days match up to my late workdays.
    So yesterday was on target for me. I managed to get all my macros and food as planned. Hopefully the rest of the week plays out just as nicely!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    We are having a crazy warm weather day. It's supposed to hit 65! I actually got up early and did my workout. It's wing night tonight which I always look forward to!
  • purplesevens
    Options
    We had our week of winter, now I'm running the AC again. I guess the upside of running the AC 12 months of the year is never having to shovel snow or drive on ice.
  • Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Mind if I join in?

I'm Marillian, 58 (for one more month), married to an amazing spouse, and my four "kids" have furry paws (all my fur-babies are rescues). My mother lives with us since my step-dad died 3 years ago, and that can be.... shall I say... very challenging. Long story, won't bore you. Career oriented professional woman.

I have a wide array of interests (too many to list) which include travel, history, art, museums, science and nature (especially astrophysics and organic gardening), and I am an absolute die-hard NASCAR fan. I volunteer and am on the Board of Directors for a local animal rescue/welfare organization.

I was diagnosed with T2 Diabetes last year and began a LC lifestyle last February. I've gotten rid of 65 pounds so far, but have a lot more to get rid of to reach my projected goal weight. For the past few weeks, I've allowed myself to slip back into some old habits of eating sugar and carbs, to the point I felt it had me in its proverbial grasp. Last week I buckled down and started LCHF (i.e., induction/Phase 1). So far, so good. I just want to detox the sugar and carbs for a couple weeks, and then get back to LC because that is what was/is working for me and it is sustainable.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting to know you.