95119411bd64191d5705fec4c8cff10a510dc60d3f1e76a35921a0815b26d35e.jpg

Followed rapidly by -

7da299ddac0fe48b77edbcfaa18ca953--diet-meme-italian-memes.jpg
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    L'erba é roba da fumare, no?

E non vedo nessun pezzo di pasta - la nuova era é arrivata!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Dipende dal' orto....
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »

That made my day. :joy:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    OMG, this is sooooo funny. Thanks for the sharing.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, @Just_Eric, thanks for the craziness!! Very funny (also angrifying - is that a word?? - I feel like the doc :#).
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hi LC Chatters! Where the heck are you all!
    Updates in my neck of the woods: Workin' on a 72 hr fast... (65 hrs in right now).
    Fire suppression crews from Australia have arrived to help with our crazy out of control forest and interface fires in the province.
    Mmmmm, young, muscled, firemen with adorable accents. Hold me back!
    JK slightly - I am happily married o:)<3 - but also not blind & deaf. :D>:)
    6ab17f44f49a9ca51efb4160d1675d60--hot-firemen-good-looking-men.jpg
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    It must be the week for fasting! I'm on my first extended fast, only 46 hours in but feeling good and no signs of hunger.

I spent the day with my mum and we normally have lunch when I visit, so I had to tell her I was fasting to explain the lack of a meal. She was all concerned and worried, but I've done my homework, so I'm confident.

I figure I have about 80 lbs of fat conveniently stored in and around my abdomen, that's probably around 330,000 kcal in the strategic energy reserve. We can utilize approximately 31 kcal / pound / day so I should be able to draw about 2400 kcal per day out of there which is plenty more than I'd be eating in food.

Meanwhile I'm staying hydrated, taking sodium and magnesium to keep the electrolytes up, and a multivitamin for the rest of the micronutrients. But mostly, I'm feeling good.

If (or when) I stop feeling good, I'll stop fasting.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Hi LC Chatters! Where the heck are you all!
    Updates in my neck of the woods: Workin' on a 72 hr fast... (65 hrs in right now).
    Fire suppression crews from Australia have arrived to help with our crazy out of control forest and interface fires in the province.
    Mmmmm, young, muscled, firemen with adorable accents. Hold me back!
    JK slightly - I am happily married o:)<3 - but also not blind & deaf. :D>:)
    6ab17f44f49a9ca51efb4160d1675d60--hot-firemen-good-looking-men.jpg

Getting hot up in here. Bring me a hose fellas! :blush:

I'm off camping as soon as my teens are done with their Summer Reading ending party. I think I have TAXI tattooed on my forehead this summer.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    You need to tattoo a transit bus message on your forehead @baconslave. Should say "Out of Service" lol. Will you be happier when they are old enough to taxi themselves around? Trading one issue for another ;) .
  • retirehappy
    Options
    67 hrs into my 72 hr. fast currently.

Glad to see some others fasting as well.
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options

How do you feel? Are you just drinking water?
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I have just finished a 72-hour fast.
    I only felt a 'bit iffy' a couple of times, but drank electrolytes and crunched salt, and the feeling went. I got hunger pangs now and then, but ate cream, and a fat bomb. No problem.
    This evening, I broke my fast with a beefburger topped with cheese, and two loin fillets of smoked haddock, a few fried onions, and a tiny bit of green salad.

Feeling good, doing well. Dropped 3 lbs. *splat!* just like that.
  • EggToni
    Options
    I have just finished a 72-hour fast.
    I only felt a 'bit iffy' a couple of times, but drank electrolytes and crunched salt, and the feeling went. I got hunger pangs now and then, but ate cream, and a fat bomb. No problem.
    This evening, I broke my fast with a beefburger topped with cheese, and two loin fillets of smoked haddock, a few fried onions, and a tiny bit of green salad.

Feeling good, doing well. Dropped 3 lbs. *splat!* just like that.

Nice work - impressed. Going to start by fasting for 24 hours. Baby steps!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Just finished my 72 hr fast an hour ago. B) I didn't drop much - around a couple of lbs but it will probably be on again in a day or two (feeling cynical tonight).
  • canadjineh
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Just finished my 72 hr fast an hour ago. B) I didn't drop much - around a couple of lbs but it will probably be on again in a day or two (feeling cynical tonight).

OK, update.... I may not have dropped much scalewise, but 2 holes smaller on my uniform belt. (!) I don't actually care what the scale says as long as my smaller clothes fit again.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, @canadjineh!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    EggToni wrote: »

Felt great, but I did break the fast an hour early, so it was 71 hrs. I have a social engagement tonight and will probably do a 24 hr. fast after that, then get back into my 16:8 protocol.

I did supplement each evening with 3 macadamia nuts, pickle juice, and one lunchtime with a half cup of bone broth I had just made, the smell really got to me. Unlike some others here, I do grocery shopping, cook up some things for DH, and sometime even things for me to break my fasts with, I am always looking for interesting recipes too. Only occasionally does any food really get to me while fasting.

At this point I am doing fasts for the HGH and other benefits, not weight loss. I had done a bounce just before the fast began and I came off that bounce while fasting. So I'm happy.
  • EggToni
    Options
    EggToni wrote: »

At this point I am doing fasts for the HGH and other benefits, not weight loss.

I did not know this was a benefit from fasting. I have more reading to do. :)