You know you are LCHF when...

Options

Replies

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    When you've "re-appropriated" some salt packets from the gas station to keep in various places in case you feel your electrolytes going wonky, but then you spend time wondering whether they're a quarter of a teaspoon, or half. How much sodium am I getting???

Last week while we were on vacation, I snagged a handfull from a little coffee shop in the airport. I used them all week long and was super happy I had them!
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Who could argue otherwise?
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    KaseyDH83 wrote: »
    ... you stir some peanut butter, cream cheese and whipped cream together in a bowl and think that's a perfectly reasonable, delicious, and well-balanced meal.

Sweet mother of pearl that sounds amazing. Must remember to add whipped cream to my grocery list!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I know the peanut butter thing keeps getting mentioned on celery. Personally, I have found some good pimento cheese at Sam's that says 0 carb to use on celery. Granted, I am sure it is really 0.49 and they round down, but it is still lower carb than PB or almond butter.
  • melbybs1
    melbybs1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    I know the peanut butter thing keeps getting mentioned on celery. Personally, I have found some good pimento cheese at Sam's that says 0 carb to use on celery. Granted, I am sure it is really 0.49 and they round down, but it is still lower carb than PB or almond butter.

I buy a brand called Palmetto cheese that comes in little 1 oz. tubs so I can control myself. It has 1 carb each. It's my favorite item to pair with celery!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    They're all good posts but 17 pages later this from page 1, still makes me laugh:
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    You die a little bit inside when you see someone pour out the pickle juice when the pickles are all gone.

I just ate the last pickle and was reminded of the post.

• cstehansen
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ....you look at the list of food items being requested in a food drive for veterans and think, "are they trying to kill our heroes with all this carbage??!?!?!"

I opted to donate some of the requested toiletries instead.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    melbybs1 wrote: »
    cstehansen wrote: »

I buy a brand called Palmetto cheese that comes in little 1 oz. tubs so I can control myself. It has 1 carb each. It's my favorite item to pair with celery!

Amen! That stuff is amazing. Tastes like I make at home. I love the jalapeño kind!

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    When you get excited to find this kind of chart on a web page;

Vegetable Carb Count Serving Size
    Arugula 1.5g 2 cups
    Asparagus 2.5g 4 spears
    Bell Peppers 3g ½ medium pepper
    Broccolini 2g 1 cup
    Celery 2.4g 2 stalks
    Cucumber 2.9g 1 cup
    Mushrooms 3g 4 large
    Radishes 2.1g 7 large
    Spinach 2.2g 2 cups
    Swiss Chard 2.7g 2 cups
  • cstehansen
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    When you make a salad for dinner and it has 1100 kcals and 105g of fat.

Your salads must look similar to mine - spinach, blue cheese crumbles, hard boiled egg, salmon, bacon, avocado and olive oil dressing.
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    There were SOME greens in there SOMEWHERE, I swear.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    There were SOME greens in there SOMEWHERE, I swear.

It was just the flakes of parsley in your dressing, right?
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    ...when you fill empty One Touch Verio canisters (plastic clip topped tubs similar in size to old film roll canisters) with full cream from home to use at cafés where, in response to the request "I'd like some cream with my coffee please, no, not whipped cream or thickened cream just normal pouring cream", you get one of these:
    1. But that's so unhealthy.
    2. You're weird.
    3. We have soy milk, skim milk, special barista milk, almond milk, goats milk, oat milk, rice milk but not cream, sorry.
    4. Are you American?
    5. Aah you're from Europe? You want Vienna coffee?
    6. Whaddya think I am, a café? (This from a coffee cart at a sporting event which had a menu of 12 different coffee types.)
    7. Here's your coffee. I made it with milk instead because I couldn't find any cream.
    8. Yes we can make it with full cream milk. [No, I said full cream. Not milk. Cream. Just cream.] Yes we have full cream milk. [No. I mean just cream. Cream. Not milk. Not full cream milk. Pouring cream.] 《Blank stare at you》
    9. Yes we have good crema. [No, not crema on the coffee. Just want cream.]

OMG I had more trouble trying to get full-fat cream at a Starbucks than I've ever had ordering a bunless burger at a restaurant. They were CLUELESS. I eventually got unsweetened whipping cream but it took the whole staff to figure it out.

Also, I have a lot of those little plastic 35mm film 'cans', I collect & use antique cameras and have a large stock of film to go with them. Great idea using them for cream!