Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Digged up this:

https://carbsmart.com/cinnamon-spice-pork-rind-cake-recipe.html

holdthetoast.com/content/pork-rind-cake-verdict

I found some that had avocado in the batter and frosting, but they weren't low carb...lol

Oh my gosh! I can't wait to build this with a gingerbread twist. Going on my holiday baking list. Thanks @HereLieWe for opening our eyes to something new - baking with pork rinds. And to @KnitOrMiss for doing some leg work!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    ...you think back with sadness on all the time you wasted trimming the fat off the meat you were preparing knowing you could have saved that time and had better food.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    When you can't stop thinking about that pork rind cake :# Guess I will just have to get more pork rinds and bake that sucker.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Yep, works with any pickle juice that you like. My mom used to do this when we were little, I grew up with pickled eggs, lol. In my opinion the stronger, more sour as opposed to sweet pickle juice tastes best with the eggs, but that may be just me. I always loved the larger English style ploughman's lunch pickled onions but I can't do malt vinegar once I realized I was Celiac. I sub ACV & white mixed (since ACV is so expensive).
    august-016-800x533.jpg

I am going to have to try this. My deviled eggs feature a strong wallop of dill pickle juice in the yolks, so it's likely to be a hit in my house (and possibly with the kids, who love my deviled eggs)
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    When you go to the canteen for lunch with your colleagues you can find nothing suitable, so you end up with a small portion of steamed green veg smothered in real butter.
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Not only do you eat pickles, you drink the pickle juice too, like it is a cocktail.

Haha...I just joined this group and started reading this thread. I do the same thing...only with green olive juice! :smile:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Either way the 'rooms sounded wonderful to me. Love your add ons to the burger too. Well done!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    when your "cheat day" is eating honey baked ham. Went over carbs today with net of 33. Still well below 5% carbs, so hopefully not going to haunt me.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    When you have the opposite of the typical grocery shopping hungry scenario and instead are so un-hungry you can barely pick out anything!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    idocdlw wrote: »
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Not only do you eat pickles, you drink the pickle juice too, like it is a cocktail.

Haha...I just joined this group and started reading this thread. I do the same thing...only with green olive juice! :smile:

Dirty Martini!!!
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When you are making cupcakes for your son and get a little frosting on your finger and wash it off like it's the plague. That was me last night. ☺️

I did the same thing tonight making pumpkin cookies for my husband!
  • anglyn1
    Options
    When it's BOGO holiday drinks at Starbucks and you have to get the Joy tea blend w/ cream! lol

I even considered trying to fit one into my day which I could do by eating mostly meats/cheese otherwise and asking for less syrup but honestly when I do try a drink of a sweetened coffee I always end up thinking it's so sickening sweet so I know I won't like it.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Usually I just get an americano, but if I'm in the mood for something a bit sweeter I'll get a latte with coconut milk, it's a touch sweet because of the coconut milk, but nothing like their drinks with syrup...
  • anglyn1
    Options
    Usually I just get an americano, but if I'm in the mood for something a bit sweeter I'll get a latte with coconut milk, it's a touch sweet because of the coconut milk, but nothing like their drinks with syrup...

You had to choose from a list of holiday drinks to get the offer. Kind of silly since my usual iced Americano would've been cheaper than many of the approved offerings.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I get the chai tea bag brewed, with heavy cream and splenda. Super delicious!